Xyber 9: New Dawn Forums

FOX (ended 1999)

Random discussion . . .

Luna_Akari

[1]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 11
    Man, it's dead in here . . . so, , to try and liven things up I bit I bring you this topic. Anything about the show, anything at all, talk about it in here . . . if somebody brings up something, try to stay talking about that for a while, but other than that, feel free to ask/say what you'd like.

Anyway, the first bit of discussion: how and when do you think Renard's going to die in the three part finale? Yes, he's going to die, those of us who've been fans of the show for years heard this during an e-mail exchange with people in other countries that DID get to see the whole show. Me, I think he'll bite the dust in either the first or second part, and probably at Machestro's hands . . . maybe Renard will get one last chance to be noble and save Roselyn from Machestro, but at the cost of his own life. I can see that happening for some reason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dalliann

[2]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 1

Hi, Shadow!

I tried to post last night but the 'net kept timing out on me.  Better luck today.

So, Renard's demise.  Don't have any theories about which of the remaining eps he'll kick the bucket in but I agree with the idea that he'll probably die saving Ros.  What I'm wondering about is whether Jack will be involved.

Until last night's episode, I don't think Renard had considered Jack as anything more than a lucky nuissance.  Yes, he's created all sorts of problems for the King when it comes to carrying out Machestro's orders, but last night's ep was all about Renard and his own plans (no Machestro in sight).  It's one thing to have your boss' schemes blown to bits by a fifteen year old brat but it's another to have your own fanatical projects destroyed.  I think the rail cannon's decimation was the last straw for Renard- he's never looked that hatefully upon Jack before.

Thus, when it comes to their next run-in, I'm thinking Renard might disobey Machestro's orders to capture Xyber and go all-out on Jack.

However, with Jack's vow to Ros not to harm her father (which I'm kind of hoping he breaks...) it would be a pretty one-sided battle.  If this were to happen, I believe the only thing that would stop Renard would be his daughter, most likely using herself as a body-shield in front of Jack (ala Pocahontas, yeah?).

If this scenario pans out, he'll be turned to the good guys' side in a relatively short time ('cause there aren't enough episodes left to make a realistic, gradual shift) and turn on Machestro- getting roasted in the process.

What I WANT to happen is Jack and Renard getting into their last fight and Jack's survival instincts going into full effect despite his no-violence promise, resulting in Jack killing Renard (then immediately regretting it).  Why?  Because nothing would drive Rosalyn away, quicker! *evil grin*

-Dalliann, xyber.random-fandom.com

Luna_Akari

[3]Mar 25, 2007
    Yay, you're here! Was hoping you'd show up soon . . .

But yeah, Renard was PISSED. They made it pretty clear in this ep that while Machestro may have given the plans for it, the Rail Cannon was Renard's baby. He could even tell that something was wrong with it just by listening to it. That's devotion to your machine right there . . . and Jack went and wrecked everything. That kid better watch himself or he's going to wind up with a sword in his back.

It would be interesting if it was Jack that ended up killing Renard, but as he's the so called 'Chosen One', they can't have him kill anyone other than Machestro. The chosen hero has to be pure and slay the great evil after all . . . yes, I did sort of gag while typing that, how could you tell? But given these writers and the entire scenario, that's how it'll probably end up.

Yeah, if Renard and Jack get a final battle, Roselyn would likely interfere. What would really be bad is if Machestro is watching the entire exchange from a monitor somewhere, and noting Jack isn't dead yet, he shows up to speed things along.

The way I see it, I doubt Renard would side with Jack for even a minute. He wouldn't side with the kid, but for his daughter I think he'd have the courage to defy Machestro, and that'll be what gets him killed.

NoelCT

[4]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 6

The unlikely scenario:

It gets to the point where the only way to save the day involves Jack breaking his promise and killing Renard. Rosalyn forgives him but says she can't bear being with the killer of her father. Anakonda, brimming at the chance, is turned away when Jack decides to set off on his own. He did something that he's not sure how to live with and needs to clear his head.

Oh, and Ikira sacrifices his life to defeat Machestro and free the Machina.

The likely scenario:

During the final battle, Renard learns that his daughter is invovled with the rebellion and sees her being attacked by the Machina. He fights off his own soldiers and embraces his daughter, only to be cut down as a traitor by Machestro. Jack either uses or destroys Xyber in a way that destroys Machestro and frees the Machina, who will now be led by Ikira. And, as to whether Jack chooses Rosalyn or Anakonda? I'm guessing the last shot is the three of them walking off, allies in battle, when the two girls start throwing the usual body odor jabs at one another and Jack leaves us with one final groan.

Edited on 03/27/2007 7:43pm

Luna_Akari

[5]Mar 28, 2007
    Yeah, I like that first one too. If the show was an anime along the lines of Cowboy Bebop, that would be what happens.

The last one or a variation on it is probably what will happen, seeing as this IS a Saban show. Though it's going to be that battle medallion/armor thing that really saves the day in the end, not Xyber 9.

NoelCT

[6]Mar 28, 2007
    Yeah, the battle armor will probably play a big part, but I still think Xyber will be involved. Jack will probably use the armor to get close to the, what was it, Eye of something...and he'll shove Xyber into a port that saves the day. How that takes out Machestro, I don't know. But with him gone, Ikira will round up the Machina and we'll see them all trek out to the sunlight, curing themselves of the disease. Rosalyn will take over her father's kingdom and broker a peace deal wil Queen Tatania. And Ana will hang around on her bat.

Luna_Akari

[7]Mar 29, 2007
    Yeah, but then there's another spoiler we know something about, apparently Xyber 9 ends up being taken apart. It's not that much of a stretch, as he probably wouldn't obey Machestro while still active. Disable the AI, and then you can use the hardware for whatever you wanted.

NoelCT

[8]Apr 4, 2007

Xyber gets 'dismantled'? That makes sense. If they were going to have a second season, it would probably involve a quest to rebuild/reactivate Xyber.

Other possibilities for season 2:

- The history of Ana's people.

- Rosalyn struggling with her throne, looking up to Tatania as a teacher.

- The triangle of Jack/Rosalyn/Ana causing political tensions between the womens' kingdoms.

- Machestro wasn't destroyed and still leads a small group of affected Machina. The main thrust of the season is him trying to release an altered form of the Machina virus on the people of the valley.

- More exploration of Jack as Chosen one.

Any other ideas?

Luna_Akari

[9]Apr 4, 2007
    Heh, you ever consider writing fanfic? *evil grin* Only one of those I don't like is the fourth one, and even then only part of it. If Machestro had the resources to alter the virus, I think he would've done it already. Why else would he build something like the Eye of Darkness, unless he'd completely run out of other options to get his people to the surface?

Yes, sunlight is the cure, but there's the catch of surviving how painful that cure is. Ikira got lucky, I think. He's tough to begin with, and someone managed to get him out of the sun before it wasted him.

It's another question of no or not enough resources. There's probably not enough healers on the whole of Terrana to help all those Machina. Odds are they couldn't migrate to the surface without suffering massive losses. So, Machestro would have to find some way to interfere with how the virus functions, and if that doesn't work, then there's the extreme measure of the Eye of Darkness.

NoelCT

[10]Apr 6, 2007

Yeah, you're right. I just suggested the whole Machestro plot because it's Saban and I doubt they'd let him die off easily, especially when the alternative is creating a brand new villain and plot. And as for the Machina, I forgot about the horrible death thing.

The ideal season 2 would pick up several years later. Queen Tatania's kingdom and Rosalyn's have merged and rule over the valley. Tatania is the leader with Rosalyn being groomed to eventually take over. They have an uneasy peace with the Machina, who still live underground under the guidance of Ikira. There is tension among the Machina, some of whom seek a cure for the disease, others who feel they are perfect the way they are and that to suggest a cure is an insult. Following the destruction of Xyber, Jack set off on his own. He's become a legendary hero and many myths surround his disappearance. Ana lives on the outskirks of the valley. With Jack gone, she has little connection to the people and waits for a new hole to appear in the storm around her homeland. And Mick & Willy just hang around enjoying life as heroes. Or, I should say, Mick enjoys the hell out of it and Willy keeps him out of trouble. As usual.

The opening episode would set all that up and involve a public conference between Tatania and Ikiru to discuss relations between their peoples. The episode ends with an assassination attempt on Ikira that goes wrong and, instead, kills Tatania. They corner a suspect. It's a grizzled Jack. And in his possession is a new Xyber.

The next few episodes would deal with:

- Where's Jack been?

- What's the new Xyber?

- Is Rosalyn ready for the throne?

- Who was the real killer? Why?

And as to your question, yes, I have considered writting fanfic. Just never really had the time or the right story to tell. Let me play around with this a bit more and see if I can take it anywhere.

Luna_Akari

[11]Apr 6, 2007
    I'd wait until we see the ending before starting on an aftermath fic. Though that is a pretty interesting start.

Heh, I'm not exactly one to talk, though . . . the AU fic I've been working on sorta requires me to see the ending, but I'm still playing around with it anyway.