Yes, Dear

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM Oct 02, 2000 on CBS

• A clever title goes here!

I disagree. This has got to be by far, one of the best family shows ever played on the television.
  • Great Beginning

I agree, the pilot episode had lots of potential, but the series hasn\'t proved to be so reliable in the humor department. I really enjoyed this episode, and it made me want to see more. I liked the relationships that were established between the sisters, and the brothers in law. It seemed to me like Greg and Mike would duke it out more, and I wanted to see more of the kids on screen. Sometimes thats what makes a family show so much more entertaining. Remember? Full House, The Cosby Show? Those were shows that lasted a long time in our memories.
  • Great pilot episode with a great ending scene. Funniest moment on tv I've seen in a while. Too bad rest of the series didn't match that opening potential.

I watched this episode when it first aired, and I still remember it fondly (especially as it was the best of the episodes so far aired). At first, as I was watching it, the episode seemed like an ok episode for a show that I was not sure I would continue to watch. Suddenly, though, I could not get myself to stop laughing. The scene near the end of the episode, where Greg tries to prove that he was being a good father by going to the park, and plays a tape to prove it, was one of the funniest scenes I've seen on tv. Later episodes muddle along, occasionally funny, occasionally annoying, but none lived up to the potential revealed in the opening episode/pilot.