Yes, Dear

CBS (ended 2006)

Yes, Dear Fan Reviews (119)

• Love this. Wish this was on DVD

• Nothing Special... But worth watching at least once!

This show isn't amazing. But it does have its moments. Sometimes When I'm flipping through channels I'll watch it. I like Jimmy Hughes better on Glee though.
  • Good show

Funny. Great idea. Cast good.
  • I think this show is a great family show. I even watch the show in syndication.

I have found Yes, Dear to be quite entertaining. There are too many reality shows and crime shows on TV this day and age. It is nice to sit down with my grandkids and watch a nice wholesome television show. It seems as though any show that does not have violence or sex in it does not stay on the air. It is nice to see that this one has made it and I hope it continues to make it. If this show is taken off the air I will give up on television. I am anxious to see the new season with the shoe on the other foot for Greg and Kim.
  • good show

This so was awesome until the last season i remember those episodes being terrible. When i used to come home from lunch during school this show would be on and i would watch it sometimes. The one thing comes to mind when i think of this show is when they are flying those toys airplanes and they fly it into the crotch of Greg's Dad, that was hilarious. Jimmy was by far my favorite character in the show, his easy going parenting, and his slothfulness made him one of my favorite TV characters. Haha the plane flew right into his crotch.
  • Good Show!

This comedy show is about a two couples Greg and Kim Warner (Anthony Clark)(Jean Louisa Kelly) and Jimmy and Christine Hughes (Mike O'Malley)(Liza Synder). These two couples deal with their parenting skills, and sometimes it gets out of hand. greg and Kim have their nice good kid Sammy. And Christine and Jimmy have their troublesome kids Dominic and Logan. This show first aired in October 2,2000 and last aired in February 15,2006. This show had 6 seasons, this show is a great comedy show an can be very funny at points in the series. This show is very great and funny.
  • This show isn't my cup of tea.

Maybe my rating was a bit harsh, but I have to say that I still think it is a below average show. The acting was okay, but it just seemed that it was just like any other sitcom. I found the show to be really boring and I can't stand the same old storylines. With all of that said, it is by far better than some of the junk sitcoms on today. It also is better than Still Standing. I really know for a fact that I would rather watch paint dry than watch that show. Overall, it is time to say close call. Thank you.
  • This Show is so vastly underrated, this is and always will be one of my favorite sitcoms in... no scratch that, one of my favorite Tv shows in history! it's got a unique blend to it Greg and Jimmy's contrasting styles complement each other nicely,

Everybody should really give this show a chance! i know i am happy i did, it's sooo underrated. I don't know what it is i like about this show so much but i think it has something to do with how well Greg's nerdiness and Jimmy happy-Go-Lucky attitude are very opposite and yet at the same time that adds to this shows comedy appeal, it only took exactly 1 episode and i became hooked on this show, Kim And Christine also add to the comedy Since there sisters Kim's the typical good girl/flower child meanwhile Christine is the daredevil type. it's set in L.A and pretty much shows family life how much they drive you crazy and at times you want to get away from there but in the end they are the ones who support you, so watch this show and i promise you will not regret it,
  • Tom, retires and his new love is Superman. Or rather Superman merchandise. So the family tries to sway him from this. im Conway stars as Tom plus Viki Lawrence appears.

Tom apparently has retired and is filling his time with hobbies. One is the Superman obsesstion. So the family deems it has to do something to persuade him from wasting his time. One scene shows he has bought a Superman # 1. He says it's worth 900.00. But if it was real and a genuine # 1 then it would be worth $ 100,000 at least. That's dollars, I know I used to collect them. Still this was a good episode with Tim Conway and Viki Lawrence. Tom finally sees the light and changes his ways. All are happy, happy, happy.
  • Good

Yes Dear is generally a good show. It has some real great story lines with laugh out loud funny events. But what brings Yes Dear down is its poor writing skills. I don't like how they have such horrible small talk. With the small talk Jean Louisa Kelly is also a little bad. She was inexperienced to do this show. But if the show lost these two details the show would have flourished way more than it did. If u didn't watch Yes Dear yet I would recommend of watching it. Some parts can make you laugh so hard it can brighten up your day.
  • Good humor

Yes Dear is a good show with decent actors, there is just one problem though. The writers are inexperienced. They stink at writing small talk. For example, if one of the characters were to go in a room and say "whats the problem" the other characters would say a horribly boring sentence. Other then having this problem Yes Dear is a great show with very funny scenarios. Anthony Clark and Mike O'Malley make the show too with their constant bickering. Even though Yes Dear has some problems it is still a great show and I would totally recommend it for you to watch!
  • HILARIOUS

This is one of those shows that I personally classify as " L m f a o " shows. My " L m f a o " shows are the shows that I personally consider to be Awesome ! Shows like this make me laugh so hard . . . and this is one of them due to the fact that well . . . it makes me " L m f a o . " I seriously consider for those of you to watch shows that i classify as a " L m f a o " show. Thank You!
  • Your typical american family sitcom x 2

I really used to ADORE this show on its first 2 seasons but then it started going downhill little by little. The jokes started being less funny every episode and the stories started getting dumber and dumber as if by making really stupid episodes things would improve. Still, a very good show for today standards in which sex and violence are present even in sitcoms.

Things I love about the show: The kids are actually funny! they are not simply fillers, they play an important part of the show.

I also like Greg's personality. He reminds me of myself a lot of the times.

A great show!
  • Yes, Dear! is one of the best shows that I have ever watched!

I wish that I had paid more attention when this show originally aired. The characters are so real and down to earth. The everyday life situations that the characters get themselves into are outrageously hilarious! I feel like I have known them my whole life. My husband and I love watching the reruns on TBS. My husband laughs louder than I have ever heard him laugh at any series. I hope that someday we could see more of the Hughes and Warners! I really think that the crew should get back together and make another season of stories. There are not many shows on now that are as entertaining as 'Yes, Dear!' was.
  • This show is so cool it is so funny and teaches us stuff you can learn stuff from it thanks and cheack out my website out at jscala000.tripod.com

This show is so cool it is so funny and teaches us stuff you can learn stuff from it cheack out my website out at jscala000.tripod.com hope you well like my website and the show it is very funny hope you like it to i like the song taht is a cool song how like do you like it to i give the show a 7.5 do to and you can go to funnyads.com or go to tbs.com i thought it was a funny website you should tell your friends about this show and my websie okay please very funny. cool
  • non stop laughs

Yes, Dear is a comedy about two young couples and their outrageously contrasting views on parenting. First-time parents, Greg and Kim Warner struggle on a daily basis to become perfect at the job. Kim (Jean Louisa Kelly) is a neurotic, stay-at-home mother, and although her husband, Greg (Anthony Clark), is a success in his career, his more difficult job is keeping his wife calm as they raise their year-old son, Sam. While Kim is determined to be the perfect mother and perfect wife and to raise the perfect son, her sister, Christine Hughes (Liza Snyder), a very down-to-earth mother of two [Dominic and Logan], continually reminds her that life will never be perfect. Christine's husband, Jimmy (Mike O'Malley), is unemployed and unconcerned and feels compelled to share with his brother-in-law his philosophy about being a husband and a parent while still remaining a man.
  • This is one of the funniest shows i've ever watched.

It's really really funny. Pretty much the funniest show i've ever seen in my life. Christine is my favorite, she's hilarious. I love Greg too, he's also hilarious. I think the kids are cute. I don't really know what else to say but this show is super funny. I watch it almost everyday ever since the fist of January 07'. My favorite episode was when Greg & Jimmy were speed dating, that was so funny, I literally peed myself laughing, it was that funny. I wish there were new episodes, they would be probably really really funny too. I love this show, it's a personal favorite of mine!
  • mistake to let it go!

This was a very funny show! My whole family was really bummed out when it left! Never should have been taken off the air. Greg and Jimmy were really funny characters! They were so goofy I laughed till I cried every episode!I really liked the goofy fantasy parts especially when Greg was riding scooters in the living room with that old lady. I thought I was going to die from laughing so hard! It just doesnt make any sense! It had several good years left in it. I think they should bring I really miss it, a sad shame! Please CBS bring it back!
  • This show should still be on!

I can't believe this show was canceled. Personally, this show is funny and dumb. The best character that I like is Jimmy because he's always doing something dumb or stupid. I don't know why they canceled. The show was going great! I hope someday they bring all the casts and crews together and start a new season of Yes, Dear.
  • Non Stop Laughs!

Yes Dear was one of the very few comedies that where actually funny. I did not start watching till around season 4 but wish I would have known about it alot earlier as I was sad to see it end so soon after I started watching. I'm glad that I can still watch reruns but it's not as good as new episodes.
  • Basically your average sitcom. The series ended a little more than a year ago but still can be watched on TBS.

This was a hilarious sitcom. There were four different personality types in this show, that people look past. Although, this show did get a little bland and seemed to run out of ideas, I felt as if the sitcom got more and more better. Greg Warner is my favorite character in this show. He is somewhat of a nerdy, big executive in Warner Studios. Jimmy is also a character I enjoy. He is the cliche stupid brother-in-law. But he plays it off better than most attempts at stupid characters. Kim is a cute lady, but i don't care for her character too much. And Christine was like that as well.
  • Yes, Dear is another great sitcom added to TBS's Weekday afternoon line-up!

Alot of people have a "love it or hate it" sentiment about Yes, Dear. I, for one, happen to love it! I've not seen a single episode where I didn't laugh. Perhaps it's because Greg's (Anthony Clark) sarcasm is always funny, or maybe it's Jimmy's (Mike O' Malley) somewhat lax attitude with parenting that's funny. Whatever it is, this show is great, and I'd recommend it to anybody who likes family-based sitcoms.
  • This show was really funny!

This show was really funny... why did it have to die? I used to watch it all the time. It had a sort of subtle comedy about it that sort of reminded me of a mix between "Friends" and "Everybody Loves Raymond" (but in a good way) It was pretty good.
  • One of the funniest shows on television

Yes, Dear is one of the funniest shows on television today. CBS made a big mistake by canceling this show. The writing has gone a little downhill since the beginning. While I don't agree with the writers having Jimmy & Christine move out or destroying Greg & Kim's house. I think that the writers felt as if the fifth season would be Yes, Dear's last. I wish Yes, Dear would have gotten a proper series finale instead of the half-assed one CBS gave them.
  • this was a pretty good show actually it was funny and but not excatly a family show even though it was about family life

this was a pretty good show actually it was funny and but not excatly a family show even though it was about family life. the cahracters are fuunny and adthe homely family of Greg and kim play off of the rowdy family of Jimmy and christine, and threre kids get to grow up in an arrangement almos t like wo mothers and two fathers. this would be a family show if it wasnt for all the talk about sex and other issues that the chracters face. okay thats beasically my rEview for this show Yes Dear i i i i
  • This was one of the best shows CBS ever had on the air.

Me and my family love this show and was sad to see it end. When we get enough money we are going to buy the seasons on dvd. My personal favorite episode is when Greg put all of his old stuff into storage and made it like a clubhouse, it was hillarious.I think we have seen every single episode they have made. When they came out with the 2005-2006 season I thought it was gonna last at least 1 or 2 more seasons. We watch Yes, Dear every day on the the channel TBS at 4:00 and 4:30. I wish they would do more shows.
  • The funniest family ever.

Greg is married to Kim. Kim's sister is Christine and she is married to Jimmy. Greg is an exicutive at a big studio and has had much success. Jimmy and Christine had been going through a hard time lately so Greg let them live in his guess house. They all had moved over from the East coast, they are now living in California. Jimmy and Christine has one boy Dominique. They later have another boy named Logan. Kim and Greg has one boy named Sammy. Later they have a girl named Emily. Jimmy and Chirstine are a wild couple they still act like they don't have kids at times. Greg and Kim are very smart, alike Jimmy and Christine. Greg is allergic to almost everything under the sun. Alot of times their idea of a good time is playing scrabble and other games.
  • Horrible, just horrible.

1.5
    One of the worst shows on television. From what I've seen, it's about a moocher who is so poor that he has to live in the backyard of his brother's house, and he doesn't give him jack in return. The mother is way to overprotective of Sam, her son, while Greg, the husband, seems to be the woman of the family.

Yeah, I know, you're going to disagree with this review. I expect it...after all, I don't watch the show that much. But, from the 20 or so episodes I have seen, this show hits rock bottom. Moocher + overprotective mother + nervous father = two thumbs down.
  • This very funny and yet loving sitcom was larger than life in it\'s six wonderful seasons. It was always a cult following. I think CBS has quite a few of those sitcoms.

It was only on for six seasons but in fact no one thought it would get past one. But Yes, Dear was a soild performer for CBS from 2000-2006. The show put conservative views vs. liberal views on parenting. It was something that you could watch with your kids and it was 2 loving families put together. A modern day Brady Bunch I call it. I loved seeing Vicki Lawerence in this show. She is sooo funny. Tim Conaway too. They all crack me up and yet they played such loving parents. I think that\'s how they are in real life. I think that\'s I loved about Yes, Dear the most. The show was very realistic to how parents are. It\'s a very mixed field. I think because it was sooo real the humor came naturally. They didn\'t have to be over the top to be funny. I wish they could have gone one more season to at least say goodbye. But it\'s nice to leave when you\'re on top.
  • I didn't discover this show until I saw reruns on TBS, but am I glad I did!!

This is by far one of the funniest sitcoms ever created. I didn't catch it during its first run, but I am thoroughly enjoying the reruns that TBS shows every afternoon. The premise is fodder for all sorts of comic situations; Greg and Kim Warner are overachievers in all that they do. Greg has a high-level position at a movie studio and Kim is mega-mom. Kim's sister Christine and her slacker husband, Jimmy Hughes, along with their two sons, live in Greg and Kim's guest house. Where the Warners are uptight new parents and the ultimate yuppies, the Hughes are the quintessential slackers. But this is what makes this show work. While most people wish they could be like Greg and Kim; perfect parents, perfect employee with the perfect job, living in the perfect house; most of us are like Jimmy and Christine; struggling to get by and flying by the seat of their pants as parents. It's this conflict that has led to some of the show's more hysterical moments. For example, Jimmy and Christine potty-train their son Logan in record time by letting him run around naked, relieving himself in the yard. Greg and Kim go to the local baby superstore and purchase every book, video, doll, and gizmo available. Who's right is never really the question. It's who gets the better results, by whatever means necessary, that wins out.
    This is a great show and it is a shame that it got cancelled.
< 1 2 3 4