Yes, Dear

CBS (ended 2006)

Yes, Dear Fan Reviews (120)

• It is sincerly a great show

It has a hilarious cast of characters. It has a naggish form of comedy but none of the less funny and clever. I watch it quite often because it has a stupid but funny feel for it. Is rather good but not the best. Still it can be funny throughout its show.

SCORE: 3.5/5
  • Yikes, what an annoying show. I keep waiting for the main characters to get into a catastrophic accident so the more likeable other two characters can have the stage.

The main character, Greg, has obviously been neutered. I suppose the title of the show comes from this unfortunate fact, as any command that witch of a wife gives him is done immediately by her submissive husband.

The couple that lives in their backyard is somewhat funnier, but not by much. Jimmy is probably the only likeable character there is in the whole show because he's actually a MAN and signifies what a real man would be like in a relationship. He's not a complete sissy like Greg.

Anybody who likes Vicki Lawrence or Tim Conway would be best advised to stay away from the episodes in which they play Greg's parents. Absolutely atrocious. They must have REALLY needed the money.

Bottom line, any show needs to have funny and likeable characters in order to have long lasting success on network TV. This crap has been around a few years but never that high in the ratings. I don't know why it's still on.
  • I love this show. I love the setting of the show. Guy name Greg and his wife live in a beautiful house. Greg is succsessful. His brother and law moves in with his wife in the guest house because he isnt succsessful. So many funny momments. Love this show.

I love this show. I love the setting of the show. Guy name Greg and his wife live in a beautiful house. Greg is succsessful. His brother and law moves in with his wife in the guest house because he isnt succsessful. So many funny momments. Love this show. :)
    Plus they have kids.
  • the two parents who are new to the world of taking care of children is there for the friction to the more experienced parents/friends next door, idiot.

does everybody love watching everybody loves raymond? if you do, this show somehow borrows the concept of "annoying in-laws living next door". the experienced but bundling couple of greg and whatsisname (i don't know her name there.) are always mooching to the superior but wimpy couple of kim and whatsisname dude. their antics are funny and deals on the funny side of parenting. a must for new couples.
  • Complete waste of my time and your time ok? The show is not that funny and i don't think it makes sense.. AT ALL! Come poeple it's just aobut a guy and guy and women and some baby and...ya.Just do yourself a favor and change the channel.

5.2
    I don't don't want to write a review for this i made myself clear about it. i just want to sit back and watch a better show than this.Yes dear is stupid and i hate it ! Wait and one more thing if i see the show again am going....
  • This is a brilliant show and it amazes me that it hasn't caught on with a larger audience.

I'm sad to say that I just discovered this show in the past few months, but luckily TBS shows two episodes per day in syndication and I've already watched nearly all the episodes. This show is absolutely brilliant! I love the interaction between characters. The acting is great, especially by the child that plays Dominic. I think Greg is hilarious, and he does excellent physical comedy. They also do these hilarious montage scenes set to music. If you don't watch this, you should.
  • The oddcouples

What happens when you put a finacially safe, boring couple with a finacially broke, hang loose couple? A good sit-com. Yes Dear makes me laugh every time I watch it. I couldn't believe when it was cancelled after Season 4 for John Goodman's terrable Center of the Universe. Thank god CBS execs put Center where it belongs, the trash, and Yes, Dear back on the airwaves. Yet it only got around 10 episodes in because of constant changes and I think some didn't even air. I'm glad CBS renewed it for a sixth season, even though it has had it's timeslot changed again. But with an underappreciated show like this, you take what you can get.
  • it is a very funny show.If jimmy, christine, and dominic and logan wasnt living in the guest house the show would have been cancelled along time ago. They are the people who make the show happen.

it is a very funny show.If jimmy, christine, and dominic and logan wasnt living in the guest house the show would have been cancelled along time ago. They are the people who make the show happen. It is really funny and it is one of my favorite shows.It is my new best friend.
  • great show. love it.

I think this show is really funny and entertaining. I personally think that everybody should watch it. I love the episode where Jimmy and Greg go speed dating and have a competition over it! It is so funny and I watch it like EVERY day. This is a really great show and I love it.
  • i think its a great show one of those you do laugh not rarely in each episode for example the episode when there kid was walking on water just made me laugh so much..

just made me laugh so much.

you should try and watch it few times most of you
    will pobably love this show one of those funny familly shows i love this try it ;]
  • Not a bad show, but not the best.

This show is pretty average territory. While it does tend to take stances on parenting issues (usually with each couple on different ends of the spectrum), chances are you won't see anything controversial. For the most part it sticks to the tried and true traditional sitcom conventions and storylines. The best thing thsis how has going for it is its recurring cast. Not incredibly innovative but it's not as stagnant as some other sitcoms. The show is mildly funny and is usually good enough to get a few yucks out of me. I've definitely seen better and I've definitely seen a lot worse.
  • This is the best show on tv. It has everything for everyone. It is very funny, and I never miss an episode. I hope it sticks around for a long time. I also hope the episodes come out on dvd.

This is the best show on tv. It has everything for everyone. It is very funny, and I never miss an episode. I hope it sticks around for a long time. I also hope the episodes come out on dvd. I also would like to see the repeated episodes show more of all the episodes taped instead of the same few reran. Excellant show. Keep it going strong.
  • A smart show with a variety of options.

Yes Dear is a show I frequent on a number of occasions, its smart writing and acting talent are a winning combination. The show centers around 4 adults. Greg and Kim Warner, Kim's Sister Christine and her husband who live in the guesthouse. Both couples have two children. Making a total of 8 living on the Warner property. Greg works at a movie studio as an exceutive, and Jimmy works at a movie studio as a security gaurd. The show's writing is very clean and I would recommend this show to anyone who is in for a good laugh.

Favorite Episode: Hustlin' Hughes

Purely, for the major league fight at the end. And of course: the lovable "Mule Train".
  • A loving wife and kinda nerdy high tech dad and his brother in law and sister in law dead beats living in their guest house. What a show hey. During the season you will see the charcacters change for the good and the bad and it is very funny.

My god this show is the best show I have ever watched. It's my favorite show of all time. The charcacters and ecellent and how they are acted is superb. I just started watching the show like 2 months ago and LOVE it, whoever likes comdies should deffinatly watch this.
  • A man,wife and son live together with his brother and sister in law and kids. He does not like this situation, telling them constantly how his life would be better without them. But his brother in law shows him how to be a better father and husband with c

I think it is very well written, punch lines are very clever, i love the chemistry between Mike O\'Malley and Anthony Clark. I\'m particularly interested in the parenting topics that the show brings up, and how the characters handle them. I\'m very excited for season 6th. Way to go guys!!!
  • Funny!

Another funny prime time show. Just like all the others it's all funny! Just laugh laugh laugh laugh. I love this show. It's a laughing show. Each episode is a laugh for everyone in my family. So if you want to watch a funny show, then watch Yes, Dear! Laugh!
  • I love Yes dear! I watch it all the time!

This is a very awsome show and I can't wait to find out why greg doesn't work at that one studeio anymore. I mean they ended it with out telling you and now I cab't wait to see the next new episodes. I rated this show a 10 because it rocks!
  • I love Yes, Dear! Its really funny. So please don't cancel it

This episode i missed because of the changing schedule. But the episode summary sounded really funny and I'm glad some bad luck actually happened to Greg for a change. He gets on my nerves and drives everyone crazy all the time. But I hope to catch it when they do the reruns.
  • The best bad Show on television today.

I'm not a fan of most family comedies, but really for the most part I just find them REALLY bad. Manly because I just can't warm up to any of the characters. The end of Family Matters, was the end of family comedies. I find Everybody Loves Raymond to be "ok" but nothing great. Now all the major channels have their own Everybody Loves Raymond. Why not call the shows Everybody Loves George Lopez, or Everybody Loves ...the King of Queens. Really-----they're all the same show. But with Yes, Dear... I don't know. Yes, I realize this a bad show, but I think part of the reason I like it is because even the show recognizes that it's terrible. I think they should just cancel every other clone out there and just leave this.
  • About two families living together.

one word: HILARIOUS its such an awesome show. i absolutely love it. All the people are such gr8 actors and they make it so funny. i watch it every day. its so awesome! i am so glad it escaped cancellation. cuz its such a gr8 show. well bye bye! :-D
  • Husband supporting his wifes sister and her husband.

Cute little show that springs on funny joke on you evry now and then. It has gone downhill, but not very much. It is still watchable, and it is definetly better then a lot of shows and it really does have its moments. I rank it as a noderate show.
  • i love yes, dear. people just need to give it some time and they'll find out, don't cancel it, it's really good

i love yes, dear. people just need to give it some time and see the earlier episodes from before seasons to get the whole story and get used to the characters. Acting is really good and the show is really funny. when you get used to the actors, they seem more familiar and funnier. I really really hope they don't cancel it, it's a good show.
  • Yes Dear is a pretty funny show but not the best.

I missed the regular seasons so now I watch the re-runs on TBS.Its on weekdays from 4-5.If you like Everybody Loves Raymond you will like Yes Dear.Good Show. Sorry but I have to have at least 50 words in the review. Try watching the season coming up it will probably be good.
  • Yes, Dear is about Greg and Kim who have a sucessful life and have just started a family. Then Kim's sister Christine and mooch husband Jimmy move in to the guest house. Though they're just staying until they're able to get a house. it looks as though the

Although this show wreeks of unoriginal situational comedy, I still find it refreshing to watch. Every episode is packed with one liners that although they are predictable, they always make me chuckle. Most of the plots are the same every episode, but every now and then a celibrity, like Chuck Norris, will make a cameo, or another CBS show will make an appearance. Although the show is hokey its always a good watch.
  • This is my favorite tv show!

I LOVE this tv show!I cant deside witch is my favorite epasode becaes I like it SO mutch.But if I want to see it I have to stay up tell 1:00 am but I will do that any day! I want a dvd season of the show but I cant find one.
  • yes,dear is great

i love this show i watch it all the time, it's my favorite show. even though i have to dodge my parents to watch it because of the time i still watch it practicaly every night it makes me laugh so hard some times i especialy love the cast, Anthony Clark, Mike O'Malley , Jean Louisa Kelly, Liza Snyder,anthony and michael brendon and joel

• I just starting watching Yes,Dear and I love it!

I just starting watching Yes,Dear 4 days ago I love it. This show is so funny. I like Greg. Jimmy is very funny. I don't have to say, cuz I just started watching it 4 days ago. I'm going to watch it all the time now. I write another review in the future.
  • Funny, stupid, and heart felt. Something that I didn't really like till there was nothing else on TV.

One day there was nothing else to watch so I decided to watch whatever was on TBS. Normally I watch TBS for the Drew Carey Show and Home Improvement, but in between those shows was Yes, Dear. I decided to give it a chance and i ended up loving the show. It's funny as hell, it has it's stupid moments, but it is also heart felt, which is something that attracts me to some shows. Now I can't go a day without watching the show, and no one really knows that I like the show. No problem though cause it's a great show and I would recommend it to any of my friends.
  • This show is half-a$$ed at best. The entire script consists of cheap-shots and complaints and contains non of the wit or even the solid actors of Seinfeld or Friends.

4.3
    This show is lame brained and stupid half of the time. Every episode opens with Anthony Clark (Greg) complaining about how Mike O'Malley (Kimmy) and Liza Snyder (Christine)are freeloading in his house. It's just a train wreck of cheap-shots about not paying to live in someones house. Luckily the other half, ususally supplied by Mike O'Malley, is mildly funny, as long as you leave your brain in some drawer. If you want to laugh, find something with better writing and actors like Seinfeld, Friends, or even to a lesser extent, Home Improvment.
  • It's actually funny!

7.6
    I always knew about the show, but never really watched it. It was just one of the shows that you don't watch. Then, when I was home during the summer, I started to watch it and to tell you, it was actually funny. Jimmy is just stupid, Kim and Christine are have some insane children and Greg is just a nerd! But, it is a funny show and I recommened you watch it!
< 1 2 3 4