Yes, Dear

CBS (ended 2006)

Yes, Dear Fan Reviews (119)

• This Show is so vastly underrated, this is and always will be one of my favorite sitcoms in... no scratch that, one of my favorite Tv shows in history! it's got a unique blend to it Greg and Jimmy's contrasting styles complement each other nicely,

Everybody should really give this show a chance! i know i am happy i did, it's sooo underrated. I don't know what it is i like about this show so much but i think it has something to do with how well Greg's nerdiness and Jimmy happy-Go-Lucky attitude are very opposite and yet at the same time that adds to this shows comedy appeal, it only took exactly 1 episode and i became hooked on this show, Kim And Christine also add to the comedy Since there sisters Kim's the typical good girl/flower child meanwhile Christine is the daredevil type. it's set in L.A and pretty much shows family life how much they drive you crazy and at times you want to get away from there but in the end they are the ones who support you, so watch this show and i promise you will not regret it,
  • I think this show is a great family show. I even watch the show in syndication.

I have found Yes, Dear to be quite entertaining. There are too many reality shows and crime shows on TV this day and age. It is nice to sit down with my grandkids and watch a nice wholesome television show. It seems as though any show that does not have violence or sex in it does not stay on the air. It is nice to see that this one has made it and I hope it continues to make it. If this show is taken off the air I will give up on television. I am anxious to see the new season with the shoe on the other foot for Greg and Kim.
  • Non Stop Laughs!

Yes Dear was one of the very few comedies that where actually funny. I did not start watching till around season 4 but wish I would have known about it alot earlier as I was sad to see it end so soon after I started watching. I'm glad that I can still watch reruns but it's not as good as new episodes.
  • Yes Dear is the BEST show ever!!!

I just stumbled across this show a few months ago and I honestly have to say that this show is the GREATEST!!!!!! My husband and I absolutely love this show!!!!!!! Cancellation?!!!! NEVER!!!!!! That would be worst thing that any brodcasting company could ever do!!!! Leave it as it is because these fans LOVE IT!!!!
  • I love this show. I love the setting of the show. Guy name Greg and his wife live in a beautiful house. Greg is succsessful. His brother and law moves in with his wife in the guest house because he isnt succsessful. So many funny momments. Love this show.

I love this show. I love the setting of the show. Guy name Greg and his wife live in a beautiful house. Greg is succsessful. His brother and law moves in with his wife in the guest house because he isnt succsessful. So many funny momments. Love this show. :)
    Plus they have kids.
  • An Instant Classic.

The best part of this show is that it isnt worn out, and in the show, every character in this show is funny, and has there own type of humour.

g g g g gg g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g
  • Better with every season. This show never fails to make me laugh.

Outlandishly funny! I have always been a big fan of family like sitcoms and am happy that they still are around and running strong. This show just adds another notch to the belt. I am happy to see it still running 6 years strong and hope it makes another season afterwords!
  • this is a comedy classics

I watch this show all the time. I laugh from the first minute to the last minute. It makes my stomach hurt. It's a great show and is a classic in the making. Hope the show gets a long run like shows like frasier, cheers, and married with children. Looking forward to the new season
  • I love Yes, Dear! Its really funny. So please don't cancel it

This episode i missed because of the changing schedule. But the episode summary sounded really funny and I'm glad some bad luck actually happened to Greg for a change. He gets on my nerves and drives everyone crazy all the time. But I hope to catch it when they do the reruns.
  • Very good show, although the older episodes seem to be better.

Yes, Dear is a show that I think to be very underrated. It's one of the funniest sit-coms still on today. Its sheer originality is what makes it so great, and probably fairly easy to write for. The fact that it's so original causes the characters to face situations that other sit-coms can't, but still leaves room for classic sit-com situations. The stupidity of Jimmy and the wittiness of Greg come together to make some very funny jokes, and Kim's neurotic behavior versus the laid back Christine makes for some very creative situations. I would suggest looking this show up in your local TV listings and watching it sometime, if you like sit-coms I am sure you will fall in love with this one.
  • Great show, sad to see it go. (lol, I made a rhyme!)

Yes Dear was a show that I thought I would never find myself watching. But as soon as I started watching the show I was very intrigued with what Yes Dear was showing. It shows a very real perspective on life in a family. I know, I know, everyone has a family. That's not what I mean. This show shows a family that has children and they all life together. They use this perspective to make for some very funny comedy, but also, they use it to show the love that a family can have when together. It's a very interesting idea their using. The show's get good family comedy, but good family lessons. Great show, It will be missed.
  • Tom, retires and his new love is Superman. Or rather Superman merchandise. So the family tries to sway him from this. im Conway stars as Tom plus Viki Lawrence appears.

Tom apparently has retired and is filling his time with hobbies. One is the Superman obsesstion. So the family deems it has to do something to persuade him from wasting his time. One scene shows he has bought a Superman # 1. He says it's worth 900.00. But if it was real and a genuine # 1 then it would be worth $ 100,000 at least. That's dollars, I know I used to collect them. Still this was a good episode with Tim Conway and Viki Lawrence. Tom finally sees the light and changes his ways. All are happy, happy, happy.
  • Better than most comedies today

I liked this show a lot. Why they wasted time and money developing it, cancelling it, bringing it back and then cancelling it again- I don't know. Jimmy and Christine were definitely the cuter/funnier couple- but Greg and Kim were ok too. Especially when Greg would insult Jimmy for moving in with his inlaws or not having a job. The segments with the kids were also really funny. For instance, the ep where Jimmy and Greg had one of the kids friends fighting against Greg son in the backyard and they invited people over to watch. I really don't think this show was promoted as much as it should've been. I don't see how it could get cancelled twice and CBS still keeps tons of other crud on the network.
  • Nothing Special... But worth watching at least once!

This show isn't amazing. But it does have its moments. Sometimes When I'm flipping through channels I'll watch it. I like Jimmy Hughes better on Glee though.
  • Good Show!

This comedy show is about a two couples Greg and Kim Warner (Anthony Clark)(Jean Louisa Kelly) and Jimmy and Christine Hughes (Mike O'Malley)(Liza Synder). These two couples deal with their parenting skills, and sometimes it gets out of hand. greg and Kim have their nice good kid Sammy. And Christine and Jimmy have their troublesome kids Dominic and Logan. This show first aired in October 2,2000 and last aired in February 15,2006. This show had 6 seasons, this show is a great comedy show an can be very funny at points in the series. This show is very great and funny.
  • Yes, Dear! is one of the best shows that I have ever watched!

I wish that I had paid more attention when this show originally aired. The characters are so real and down to earth. The everyday life situations that the characters get themselves into are outrageously hilarious! I feel like I have known them my whole life. My husband and I love watching the reruns on TBS. My husband laughs louder than I have ever heard him laugh at any series. I hope that someday we could see more of the Hughes and Warners! I really think that the crew should get back together and make another season of stories. There are not many shows on now that are as entertaining as 'Yes, Dear!' was.
  • non stop laughs

Yes, Dear is a comedy about two young couples and their outrageously contrasting views on parenting. First-time parents, Greg and Kim Warner struggle on a daily basis to become perfect at the job. Kim (Jean Louisa Kelly) is a neurotic, stay-at-home mother, and although her husband, Greg (Anthony Clark), is a success in his career, his more difficult job is keeping his wife calm as they raise their year-old son, Sam. While Kim is determined to be the perfect mother and perfect wife and to raise the perfect son, her sister, Christine Hughes (Liza Snyder), a very down-to-earth mother of two [Dominic and Logan], continually reminds her that life will never be perfect. Christine's husband, Jimmy (Mike O'Malley), is unemployed and unconcerned and feels compelled to share with his brother-in-law his philosophy about being a husband and a parent while still remaining a man.
  • One of the funniest shows on television

Yes, Dear is one of the funniest shows on television today. CBS made a big mistake by canceling this show. The writing has gone a little downhill since the beginning. While I don't agree with the writers having Jimmy & Christine move out or destroying Greg & Kim's house. I think that the writers felt as if the fifth season would be Yes, Dear's last. I wish Yes, Dear would have gotten a proper series finale instead of the half-assed one CBS gave them.
  • This was one of the best shows CBS ever had on the air.

Me and my family love this show and was sad to see it end. When we get enough money we are going to buy the seasons on dvd. My personal favorite episode is when Greg put all of his old stuff into storage and made it like a clubhouse, it was hillarious.I think we have seen every single episode they have made. When they came out with the 2005-2006 season I thought it was gonna last at least 1 or 2 more seasons. We watch Yes, Dear every day on the the channel TBS at 4:00 and 4:30. I wish they would do more shows.
  • The funniest family ever.

Greg is married to Kim. Kim's sister is Christine and she is married to Jimmy. Greg is an exicutive at a big studio and has had much success. Jimmy and Christine had been going through a hard time lately so Greg let them live in his guess house. They all had moved over from the East coast, they are now living in California. Jimmy and Christine has one boy Dominique. They later have another boy named Logan. Kim and Greg has one boy named Sammy. Later they have a girl named Emily. Jimmy and Chirstine are a wild couple they still act like they don't have kids at times. Greg and Kim are very smart, alike Jimmy and Christine. Greg is allergic to almost everything under the sun. Alot of times their idea of a good time is playing scrabble and other games.
  • This show is based in cailornia.

This show is about two famliys that are related because of greg and jimmy. Greg is married to kim and jimmmy is married to christine. Both fam,liys have two kids. greg and kim have sam and emliy. Whlie christine and jimmy have dominic and some other kid. They live in Los angles, california. Both of them work at a movie studio. Greg has a goood job. While jimmy works there as a serurity guard. jimmy and cristtine live in greg and kim's guesthouse. this show just went off CBS recently. in feburary, in fact.
  • Give it a decent ending!!

If you are going to cancel a show the least CBS could have done was give it a decent ending!! I have seen every episode of yes,dear! and am very upset at the way they ended the show. They could have at least let it finish the season out, but no instead they put on some stupid show called the New adventures of old chrsitine??? Who cares about her new adventures no one cared about her old ones, that show is so stupid any way! So anyway I say at least give us fans of yes,dear a decent goodbye episode one that gives some sort of closure!
  • Very cute about two families...

The Guest star in one of the episodes, I Wish I Had Sammy's Girl, Cody Klop, was such a little cutie. Everyone thought he was just adorable and found the whole princess leia plot line to be cute and hilarious. When we saw little Kevin Gallagher do his skateboard trick and so egotistically say "I'll think about it" little girls across America fell in love. I think this show is a very cute family oriented show which everyone should watch! Definately a fun light script and an easy to follow show. All the hard work that has been put into it is very appreciated...
  • Pinnacale of Greatness

What can I say this may be the best show ever made. It is highly perverted and Jimmy may be the God of T.V beacause he is the man. This show has all my favorite moments. Airplanes hitting old peoplein the nuts, Grey Davis fighting Greg\'s dad, a kid asking for a red head (logan is a PIMP!). What can i say i love this show. it is the best thing to ever exist i love it.
  • *** kicker.

This show kicks *** with an iron leg. Kim is so hot. If your a male like i am, i think you would also agree with me. How could you not be in love with someone that attractive? It is like she was made for television. The humor is off the hook. Watch this show for your sake.
  • A funny rich/poor people show.

We all know something like this would never happen in real life. But that's what makes yes dear funny. Jimmy and Christine are the best. They are rednecks, the kind of poor people most of us can know. Greg and Kim are ok, Greg's alittle better. But not as funny as the Hughes family. And you can't forget mr. Savitsky.
  • One of the funniest shows!

Yes, Dear is one of the funniest shows out there! My favorite episode is Headshot (the one where they bump Sammy's head over and over). I think that Jimmy and Greg are my favorite characters, not to say I don't like Kim or Christine. I just love this show. I realy think that they should keep making it. It just gets better and better every season! This show has great actors who are perfect for the series, which is also why I love it! Jimmy and Christine are clueless. Kim and Greg are two goody-goodies, which is what I love about Greg! I love this show.
  • One of the most underappreciated shows in recent years.

Yes Dear has been one of the best shows on CBS in the past 5 years. Before the show premired most critics said the show wont last 4 episodes. They were mistaken. The show started out low in quality but gradually increased as season 1 went on. In my opinion the show peaked twoards the end of season 3. Season 4 was quite funny but started to get dull twoards the end. I enjoyed parts of season 5 while i fould other parts to be quite bland. I was shocked when they renewed it for season 6 but not surprised that it was for only 13 episodes. If CBS has given seasons 5 and 6 22-24 episodes each this show would last longer in syndication but with only around 125 episodes it will probably fade away in a few years time, thats a shame because this is really one of the best shows on TV.
    I wish that whatever I would say or anyone said would bring back the show, but I know it want happen(will it).If you look at the other shows like King of Queens,Still Standing,ext. Their is no way those where anywhere close to being the comedy show that yes,dear was!! And I know ratings tell the story but for me yes,dear was by far the best ever!!!! Even the reruns over and over are great. If I could make a plea it would be, Please bring back yes,dear!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If you are married, have kids, this is the best comedy show out there...

In June 2006 I will be married for eight years. I have a beatiful wife and three beautiful children whom I love and would do anything in the world for.

That being said, I love the opening credts of "Yes, Dear" that shows both parents/kids arriving at the beach with all of their beach gear, i.e. kids' toys, floaties, etc., as they watch a youner couple drive by in a convertible, top down, laughing and having a good time. It is a perfect portrayal of life and how priorities shift as you get older.

I recommend this show to anyone but more to married couples with kids. You will find yourself laughing throughout the show.
< 1 2 3 4