Yogi's Treasure Hunt

(ended 1986)

Yogi's Treasure Hunt Fan Reviews (1)

6.7
  • Another great show from H B productions.

One thing is for sure, one of the staple characters and my favorite is Yogi Bear and his beloved sidekick, Boo Boo. They are constantly getting in trouble with Ranger Smith, either for stealing picnic baskets, or trying to escape from Jellystone Park. Of course, many should be able to tell that the characterization of Yogi came from Ed Norton of the Honeymooners (while Fred Flinstone was Jackie Gleeson).

While these DVD's include the original early 60's shows, Yogi of course lived on in numerous specials and appearances over the years. He is still the mascot for Jellystone Campgrounds around the country. There has been heaploads of licensed Yogi memorabilia sold from around 1960 right up to the present day, and continues to be a solid find on any Hanna Barbera collector's lists. For the Hanna Barbera and/or Yogi lover, this collection of classics is a must. After already releasing Scooby-Doo, Top Cat, the Jetsons, Wacky Races, Penelope Pitstop, and The Flinstones, this edition was long overdue in my mind! Of the many zany quotes Yogi threw at the viewer every single episode, I will leave you with one of my favorites, as I pull a Snagglepuss and prepare to exit, stage left: "The deeper you go in the woods, the more nuts you find!" -- Yogi Bear.