dvd cancelled

darklordavaitor

[1]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 21
    for now.www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5011
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PF4Eva2

[2]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 7
    Yeah, I heard about that, too. And it's all because Scannell stepped down as Nickelodeon's President, and so did Viacom's president, so things are screwed up right now, and the Rewind Collection is on hold, at least as far as DVDs go. I think they still have those Hot Topic shirts I've been hearing about on TVshowsonDVD.com and Season 2 of Pete & Pete was released in November. I'd love to see YCDTOTV on DVD, so that I can get a little more acquainted with it (I think I'd be too young to remember if I watched it in the late '80s, having been born in 1986; I haven't seen it since Nick's 20th or 21st Birthday celebration where they gave away the SNICK orange couch loaded with money). YCDTOTV and All That should both be given the DVD treatment; they are very similar shows that have become a part of Nickelodeon folklore. Keep your fingers crossed for the YCDTOTV DVD, because it'll come soon.
    Edited on 04/22/2006 2:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

eds_poofed_hair

[3]Apr 16, 2006
    • level: 7
    They still have unofficial releases and stuff. Limitedclassics.com has the entire series.

darklordavaitor

[4]Apr 21, 2006
    • level: 21
    eds_poofed_hair wrote:
    They still have unofficial releases and stuff. Limitedclassics.com has the entire series.

but buying those is something that's called"illegel".i'll only buy the offical ones.

Codeguru

[5]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    "Buying" them? No one is illegally selling anything...

Codeguru

BlingBlingLOL

[6]Aug 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    Codeguru wrote:
    "Buying" them? No one is illegally selling anything...

Codeguru

if you are buying the dvds from limitedclassics.com *or whatever it is they are illegal... someone had them on tape and transfered them Nick or whoever owns the shows is not making any money off of the sets!

naderman92

[7]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 1

The ones I want are 1983-1985, 1989-1990. I didn't really care for the others. They just were a bit dry.

sh811a

[8]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 28
    I know that the company is having problem but they need to get off their butts and fix them now, we are getting impatient, if they do plan on releasing more DVDs in the future I suggest it to be in 2007 from January and beyond, I just don't want to have to wait another year or two for these Nick shows, they must be remebered.

Speedy15021975

[9]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 2

I really grew up on this show.  I liked just about everybody on the show.  One of my favorite parts on the show is when the kids get soaked with water or get dumped with green slime.  I hope they reconsider the cancelation of the DVD release of the show.  In the event it is ever released I would buy it.

suplex2000

[10]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well now it's March of 2008 and there is still no news.

I guess No Gnu's is Good Gnu's. Wait, that wasn't "You Can't Do That on Television", that was "The Great Space Coaster".

Both good shows and I hope they are both released soon.

Link2Hyrule

[11]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this show is where Nickelodeon got it's slime from, right. If that is indeed true, then they should become DVDs as a way to honor the source of a legend. Ok, that's a little dramatic, but you get what I'm saying, right?

Animaniacs1990

[12]Apr 3, 2009
    I personally find this ridiculous. They have no problem releasing fu*king Spongebob and Avatar, yet, they can't do You Can't Do That On Television? That's something that I don't get.

CF3689

[13]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 22

Animaniacs1990 wrote:
    I personally find this ridiculous. They have no problem releasing fu*king Spongebob and Avatar, yet, they can't do You Can't Do That On Television? That's something that I don't get.

I don't get it either:S i think Nick should release their cla-ssic shows on DVD

RugratsFan1990

[14]Jun 29, 2010

This is a show that needs to be released on DVD. If only Nickelodeon would stop messing around with their newer stuff, then we'd have all the good Nickelodeon shows like You Can't Do That On Television released on DVD.

wildhoney66

[15]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 13

i agree, & why would anyone want the last season? that wasn't even that great of a season. the early years were the best. my guess it's really cause they had so many kids on the show that are of course now adults now. & maybe they don't want to pay them any residues?

stephdumas

[16]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 10

wildhoney66 wrote:

i agree, & why would anyone want the last season? that wasn't even that great of a season. the early years were the best. my guess it's really cause they had so many kids on the show that are of course now adults now. & maybe they don't want to pay them any residues?

At the YCDTOTV forum, one guy posted a interesting rant about the 1989-90 episodes http://www.ycdtotv.com/lockerroom/showthread.php?1675-Debut-before-his-debut/page2 If YCDTOTV didn't got an hiatus in 1988 and got rolling, with the remaining cast of the 1987 episodes with some of the new cast of the 1989 episodes, easying the transition, things might be different.

wildhoney66

[17]Mar 29, 2013
    • level: 13

maybe, i dunno i love the show. and i can't remember the 1st time i ever saw it or what year it was to be honest. but no doubt it was during when Moose was still on it. i'm 34 now turning 35 in a few months so i'm old enough for some of the early seasons. i saw it on Nick back in the Day. and though i missed quite a bit of the show. i didn't catch it as often as i would like to. Nick i recall would go through spurts back than they would air it all the time than they'd stop. i don't remember them saying the show was going on Hiatus at all.

but no doubt Nick Still aired the show. even if they were repeats. and it was a show i remember feeling that was always going to be on. i ended up being wrong of course but that's how i felt about it. and i'd watch it with my brother originally than he stopped watching it and i would later watch it without him. and i still loved the show, but the end of it was weak i remember. by the time it ended i was going on 12 that year.

man i miss this show. my 2 favorite things were of of course Barf. and the kids being tortured. it's sad that they'd never do a show like this again. cause god forbid kids get a good laugh! i did as a kid. and when watching some of these online i fell back in love with the show.