Young & Hungry Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC FamilyHasn't Aired

Not for families

archangelwho

[1]Jun 27, 2014
    • level: 18

Why don't ABC change the name of ABC Family? So many of the shows are not fit for any group yet alone families with kids.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Glornt

[4]Jul 3, 2014
    • level: 12

I think Mr. TheCat was agreeing with you. So am I. And the show that follows this one (Mystery Girls) is just as bad. Not only are these shows unfit for family viewing, they're also not very funny, which the horribly fake laugh tracks only serve to make even more obvious.

archangelwho

[5]Jul 4, 2014
    • level: 18

Glornt wrote:

I think Mr. TheCat was agreeing with you. So am I. And the show that follows this one (Mystery Girls) is just as bad. Not only are these shows unfit for family viewing, they're also not very funny, which the horribly fake laugh tracks only serve to make even more obvious.

Sorry! You are correct. Trying to post and watch 3 kids leads to misreading items at time. I deleted it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Edited on 07/04/2014 2:51pm

voyager529

[6]Aug 27, 2014
    • level: 9
    Contracts.

CBN originally had it branded "The Family Channel" and was directly owned by them, with them choosing the programming. There was some faith-based programming on the channel, but for the most part it was family entertainment that fits the description you're looking for. CBN sold the channel to Fox, but the contract stipulated that 1.) the name "family" had to remain in the station's name, 2.) It had to continue to air "The 700 Club", and 3.) these stipulations had to be honored in any subsequent sales of the network (including the third one itself). Fox later sold it to ABC, who initially wished to rebadge it as "the XYZ", but that wasn't possible due to the original CBN contract. Thus, it still retains its 'family' moniker, despite Disney targeting teens and twenties, rather than families.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abc_family