Young Justice

Auld Acquaintance

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Apr 21, 2012 on Cartoon Network

• A Nice End

I was quite satisfied with the end of the first season, ending with Artemis and Wally which was long overdue, but I felt inherently bad for Roy! At first he was a huge jerk, but I felt so bad when he realized he had no idea who he was at all.

Robin and Connor did an awesome job teaming up against their mentors and Klarion bothers me SO much. He was annoying in The New Batman Adventures, and he sucks in this show too! But this episode didn't suck at all!
  • Surpass

It's an age old conflict of student vs. mentors whether the pupil not just learned well from their master but is able to overcome them. This was something I've been waiting for to happen and sure enough it doesn't disapoint. Not much I can say so I'll be brief.

It was just cool seeing the Young Justice team slug it out, however what was interesting was it was just a simple direct slugfest, there was a lot of teamwork involved and it makes sense due to the superpowers of their mentors or experence they had they do outrank them a bit. My favorate fights were seeing Tim/Robin and Batman fight as well as Connor/Superboy and Superman fight both Tim and Connor in those fights were actually getting their butts kicked but they were able to hold their ground, and with just a bit of help from other Megan and Zantana at one point they were able to get an upper hand and win.

The scene when the final minute of New Years Eve past, we see each pair up kiss each other from Artimis and Wally, Zantana and Robin and well you get the picture. Except for Rocket and Aqualad, Rocket gave him a peck on the cheek but I get the feeling it could become more latter on, hopefully.

But also in the final minutes we discover that the battle against the Justice Legue was just round one from Vandal Savage, round two is just begining and might be far worse.
  • Action and Romance!

Loved seeing the team fighting the Justice League! Romance at the end just the icing to the cake! (i think thats what they say) Was sooo happy to finally see Artemis and Wally! Finally!
  • I finally made an effort to catch up, well worth it.

I marathoned the past 4 or 5 episodes. I had been getting behind on a show I always seem to forget about, yet consistently enjoy.

Love how the whole season converged in this episode, with lots of loose plot points resolved, another thing I loved was that they've managed to bring the show full circle in a sense, with the team definitively proving themselves to their mentors as they duked it out the the mind controlled Justice League.

All in all, Young Justice has had a very solid first season, with the only real bump being the first three episodes or so. I'm looking forward to the next one, as delve into the implications this finale has left us.
  • Young Justice VS Justice League - Absolutely impressive episode

The kids fighting the Big Guys (admit it, you have been wanting to see that!). Enough action, emotion, twists and suprises to boast, all super compressed into 20 minutes.