Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Green Beetle

RaizenYusuke

[1]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 28

The guy looks suspicious. I think he is a obvious double agent for the Reach, but it seems way too obvious. He helped Robin, Impulse, Blue, and Arsenal at the right moment and supposedly knows how to make sure Blue doesn't turn to the Reach side, all tell tell signs that he is evil. Would the writers make it so obvious though? Or maybe I'm overthinking it and Green isn't supposed to be a complicated plotline. What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

roweantarts

[2]Jan 23, 2013
    • level: 16
    I agree Green Beetle has ulterior motives, don't think he's working with the Reach though.

pokemonmonmon

[3]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 5

i already have 3 theories.

the first theory is that he is a legit good guy that gives off a suspicious vibe but only exists to move along the story.

hes already being controlled by his scarab and maybe his scarab brainwashed him into thinking he was truly there to help which is why he passed miss martians test.

he is indeed a double agent or willing spy for the reach and has sent some sort of message to the blue scarab telling him to pretend to be silenced

roweantarts

[4]Jan 31, 2013
    That bit about Miss Martian's test. Green Beetle volunteered his thoughts, which makes anything he told her less than useless.

KindredTown1

[5]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 1

After today's episode it seems obvious that he's a double agent. But after a few seconds of thinking what if he's a triple agent and that he's using the Blue Beetle to help him take down the Reach? It is somewhat plausible. Maybe he affected Blue to make Jaime act as if he's a Double Agent as well. It seems that this season is filled with people playing for a different team than what they're on.

roweantarts

[6]Feb 2, 2013
    Perhaps, but the current status quo explains the 'reach apocalypse'

RaizenYusuke

[7]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 28
    He triple agent idea is more surprising, but I think he is just a double agent for the Reach. Green Beetle plot doesn't seem like it will have a surprising twist.

MajLorne

[8]Feb 16, 2013
    • level: 21
    Yeah, this might allow ms Martian to get over her fears of overusing her powers and try to cure green beetle. But I would like the triple agent angle since it would give him more depth than just another minion of the reach.