Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Is it just me or have we been had?

yutg25

[1]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 5

As of Darkness we have lost

1. Lagoon Boy (Can't stop smiling about that!)

2. Impulse

3. Blue Beetle

4. Beast Boy

5. One of them is getting married

The New Robin is what MIA since the first episode.

Is it possible the writers are regretting the massive recruitment and decided to cut down the extras as of now they got:

1. Nightwing

2. Superboy

3. MM

4. Wondergirl

5. Bee

6. Batgirl

7. Maybe Robin

There may be some others but I forget. Maybe now they can focus more on other members. Did they have a change of heart. Personally I am satisfied with line up. WHat do others think?

Edited on 10/08/2012 9:44am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 21
    I'm all for character development, but at the same time, I don't understand why everyone is outraged over the large roster. The league is more than just 6 people and there are a bunch of heroes in the world. There's so many characters, that some become less important than others. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled since watching this series compared to JL-JlU, but I am confident in the direction that's being taken with this show. Would it be nice to be given more info, than teases? yes, but for now I will hold out hope the secondary characters gets their due.

teenj12

[3]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 26
    I feel like the show is becoming more Team-League merged and I'm not too crazy about it. The wider roast of new Team members is bothersome, because these newbies just aren't getting enough screen time. Now we have a billion storylines squashed together with The League and the Invasion, The new Team, and The Originals.

I just think the writers should have saved this drastic change for Season 3. Or they could of at least split Season 1 into two seasons. Season 1: 13 eps, Season 2: 13 eps.

I don't know. Anything would have been better than putting this ridiculous timeskip in the second season.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 28

Robin has been in several episodes actually. Rocket is in the JL not on YJ anymore, so she doesn't really count. She didn't mention she was retiring just because she was getting married either. Itis only 4 members captured. The summary for the next episode says Miss Martian and Blue Beetle are going to mount a rescue of their captured teammates, so Blue will most likely escape (or Kaulder discreetly lets him escape, so the others can come and stop the Light).

I don't think this is writers attempts to limit the cast. They will probably all return at some point if not next episode. All the ones that were captured were the newest cast members who have been developed the most (excluding Lagoon Boy). IMO this is probably a good way to focus on the least developed newbies, like Tim (Robin)and Cassie (Wonder Girl) for a little bit.

The problem YJ is having is it is still focusing too much on the original members and not enough on the new ones. It is the same mistake Justice League Unlimted made when its first season started. They had a lot of episodes about the original members and not enough with new teammates for a number of episodes. More episodes like the ones like Impulse's debut or Beast Boy working with MM and SB are welcomed IMO. Robin and Wonder Girl need development. I would prefer it to the Superboy and Miss Martian drama storyline.... They were the most developed characters last season along with Artimes. She has taken a backseat somewhat, so these 2 need to as well just until we get more new characters developed so we can care about them.

teenj12

[5]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 26

Yea, MM and Superboy got wayyyy too much screen time last season and they are butting into the screen time again this season.

pokemonmonmon

[6]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 5

i dont mind them randomly switching in between characters as long as theres some character development and/or backstory to them. i would also like it if they didnt just show them for one episode and then see them again like, 10 episode later for 2 mins. in justice league there were so many people i didnt know eve existed or what their power was. they were just there. i was hoping that in the enw season we would still see the veterans but not as much as the new people. i just hope that if this show doesnt get cancelled from sh!tty airtimes, they do something about the plethora of characters on the show

RaizenYusuke

[7]Feb 16, 2013
    • level: 28
    Most of the team has been captured again. The writers do seem to love this plot.