Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

just beginning?

silverfoxy8472

[1]May 12, 2012
    • level: 14

why is it after all of season 1 and part of season 2 does it seem JUST NOW theoriginalgoal is starting to be fulfilled? so that i am not misunderstood let me explain. the YJ team wanted to prove they are more than just sidekicks and to date asunusualas it might sound wally is the only one which seems to havefulfilledit OFFICALLY if you want to count performance then maybe but that was not anofficialmission. so JUST now with the departure of the league aka the big guns (especially big blue) it feels like this is just beginning.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kindredtown

[2]May 12, 2012
    • level: 3

The Team has made a name for themselves. WE are unsure of Wally is the Flash now, but it's a possibility. They proved to be not just sidekicks, but actual heroes who at times can do what the Justice League can't i.e. going to Rann to fix the problem there.

silverfoxy8472

[3]May 12, 2012

ok soooo a question that appearantly for some reason when it had its own threads seemed to disappear who is this nightwing and who is this robin? i get the impression that this robin has been established as DICK GRAYSON this was established in Performance when they went undercover as the daring dangers. So how does Nightwing come to be in this timeline at all of DG has not evolved into him yet and more importantly AT THE SAME TIME as robin.

roweantarts

[4]May 12, 2012
    • level: 16

Invasion is set 5 years in the future, during which time Dick Grayson has evolved to Nightwing, and Tim Drake has taken the mantle of Robin

Edited on 05/12/2012 3:41pm

Kindredtown

[5]May 12, 2012

Yeah, I'm assuming that you haven't watched all of the episodes nor the first episode of season 2 so I'll explain for you. In season 1, Robin was Dick Grayson the first Robin in the comics instead of Tim Drake who was originally the Robin for Young Justice. At the beginning of season 2 they did a five year time skip where Robin matured into Nightwing and Batman took on another student/sidekick and that's Tim Drake. That's how they're there at the same time.

silverfoxy8472

[6]May 13, 2012

A)not a DCite B) as i said PERFORMANCE featured the team before Nightwing came in and hmmm HALEY'S CIRCUS and haley CALLED HIM DICK AND THIS WAS ROBIN AT THE TIME ergo this means this robin has been established as DG. Also even set five years in the future that wouldn't explain many many other things but lets stick with the DG VS TD thing for a moment how can you say that this nightwing is DG evolvedalready(post robin's reckoning from BTAS) with all the evidence already presented in the series. not to mention according to all info i have(remember not a DCite) TD doesn't have the Acrobat background. oh yes we just barely got into Season 2 here last episode was Alienated and yes seen all of them before that.

Kindredtown

[7]May 13, 2012

The episode Performance was in season one. All throughout that season DG was Robin. No Tim didn't have an acrobatic background, but we assume that just like in the comics and Batman series that Tim became Robin while Dick was NW. Season 2 starts five years after season one so DG is eighteen years old now and as Lagoon Boy has stated that he has been Nightwing for a few let's say two years. Things are being explained throughout this season as well as possibly in the tie-comics as well as video game what happened during that time so things will be explained.

silverfoxy8472

[8]May 13, 2012

no transition? just from season one robin and POOF i am now nightwing and POOF hey i am Tim drake robin? is it a wonder i ache for some sort of good marvel production to come on at the same time ?

Edited on 05/13/2012 12:28pm

Kindredtown

[9]May 13, 2012

That was the issue that everyone had. No transition to the timeskip, but we got over it as we saw things that we wanted to know be explained.

silverfoxy8472

[10]May 13, 2012

guess just another issue for me about the show. i mean Jon stewart and Hal jordan on the same council? hawkman and hawkgirl? captain marvel and big blue what is the point of that? wonder woman and martian manhunter hey cool with that. Icon he is a new one to me so expanded my knowledge of the DCU this show is riddled with issues. As i said i am hoping for a new marvel creation to come on at the same time to take its place in my line up. hoping for a new sleeker X-men off Iron man armouredadventureswith the advent there of magnus and jean seems likely to me but this show has MANY MANY issues.these are major not minor and must be ACCEPTABLY EXPLAINEDotherwisenot worth it at all.

Kindredtown

[11]May 14, 2012

What do you mean by council? If you mean the Justice League I have no idea what you're talking about. Why wouldn't they be on the same team? Those are some of the most known members of the League so they wouldn't just knock them off to satisfy a few people.

silverfoxy8472

[12]May 14, 2012

Kindredtown wrote:

What do you mean by council? If you mean the Justice League I have no idea what you're talking about. Why wouldn't they be on the same team? Those are some of the most known members of the League so they wouldn't just knock them off to satisfy a few people.

yes i mean the league but these people are at "the round table" making decisions this seems more like the extended justice league like the show JLU rather than just the Justice League. Yes some of them are the most noteable of the league but the best example is Hal jordan and Jon Stewart these two shouldn't be in the league at the same time the guardians wouldn't assign two green lanterns to sector 2814 AT THE SAME TIME. isn't this an issue that should be addressed? i mean seriously address them now before you get too far along and they become just seen as um oh well ces't la vie they are just stupid writers who didn't do research. now as they have essentially just begun even with them leaving NOW is the time perhaps THE PERFECT TIME to explain it all don't you agree? oh yes i may not be a DCite but over the years watching shows and looking up things i have gained a bit of info on such things but still not on the level of DCite which is why i will always say as far as i know.

roweantarts

[13]May 14, 2012
    • level: 16
    The round table - I'm assuming you're talking about the episode agendas - the "round table" contained the entire justice league. And why shouldn't the guardians assign 2 or even 3 lanterns to this sector? It seems like they're off world most of the time anyway. They're not focusing on issues with their version of the Justice League because of the show is about the young heroes. And to be honest I don't see what the problem is with having 2 people with similar powers in the League, the League rarely fight as a singular unit anyway.

Kindredtown

[14]May 14, 2012

Yeah what he said. the whole League was at the table trying to figure out who should join the team which generally is a team decision and regarding more than one lantern in the sector there were times in the comics when all of them were lanterns at the same time. The authors have done a lot of research, but this is their own universe.

silverfoxy8472

[15]May 14, 2012

according to lantern lore at any one time there is one lantern per sector and when you say three UGH please don't tell me you consider guy gardner a worthy lantern i heard stories about him and how he got his ring to work on YELLOW energy for a time sheesh why the ring ever picked him is beyond me the only way for another lantern to be active in that sector is for the previous lantern to be retired andretirementmeans dying i have never heard of a ring being passed on while a lantern is alive but this is only within myknowledge. but hey as kindred said this is their universe and the writers write it up flaws and all. hmmm oh yes what is wrong with having two with similar power it is calledredundantput another in that same slot to fill up other flaws that are not already covered.

Kindredtown

[16]May 14, 2012

When I said three I wasn't talking about Guy being part of it. I was really talking about John, Hal, and Kyle. Though Guy was one of the two chosen for Abin Sur's ring, but Hal was closer. Guy became the back-up Green Lantern of the sector and when he was seriously injured John became the back-up even though Guy was still alive and then later on while Hal went on a rampage, but was still alive Kyle was made a Lantern. The writers aren't making any mistakes with the way they are doing things, you're just perceiving it wrong as you claim, you aren't a DCite, but if you do wish to find a marvel oriented show there is currently Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and theaforementionedIron Man Armored Adventures whenever it chooses to show more new episodes.

silverfoxy8472

[17]May 14, 2012

at the time of YJ there is nothing but yes "iron spider" iron man:AA avengers :EMH are great but saturday issparselypopulated with entertainment and one can only take so much ME3 NOW KYLE RAYNER!!! him coming to the FORE at last would be a welcome change a comic artist rather than a military officer THAT would be a welcome change but even then explaining why all three were there at once without some sort of space timeanomalywould still be difficult at best. however all afore mentioned marvel shows are great now something coming on at the same time as YJ would be blessing imho. oh yes i strongly disagree about them not making mistakes because it feels like compression of a timeline or something like that i mean Hawkman and Hawkgirl active AT THE SAME TIME? hal and john both green lanterns ? that is a breaking of the mythos isn't it? you say i amperceivingit wrong then tell me how it should beperceivedand we shall see if that makes things less hmmmm flawed in my eyes.

Kindredtown

[18]May 14, 2012

I'd understand if you were a DCite, but you aren't fairly too into the DC Universe so you perceive things as you want them to be seen and not how they are and are supposed to be. Why wouldn't Hawkman and Hawkgirl be in at the same time? You should read their story before saying that they shouldn't be in the group at the same time. And no not having Hal and John at the same time is breaking the "mythos". I just explained how they were there at the same time in the comics.

Edited on 05/14/2012 6:07pm

silverfoxy8472

[19]May 14, 2012

hmmm well i wish i could argue but i would at this point concede the point to superior knowledge. Thank you it has been a real learning experience.You have expanded my knowledge of the DCU.

RaizenYusuke

[20]May 19, 2012
    • level: 28

I can explain te Green Lantern bit. Originally there was only one Green Lantern per sector. However, after DC brought the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps back to the DC universe in 2005 after Hal went insane and destroyed the Corps in 94 (which pissed off many fans). The new Green Lantern Corps has over 7200 members (two Lanterns per sector). Now every sector has two Green Lanterns to act as their partners. Hal and John were in given Sector 2814 to protect (the sector with Earth), while Kyle and Guy were assigned to Oa to help rebuild the Corps and train new members. Those guys eventually became part of the Honor Guard (the elite GL who are sent on special missions for the Guardians). In comics of the recent years Hal and John have both been active members of the Justice League or one of them leaves for a while.

Young Justice cartoon is mixing lores. Hal and John appear to be partners, both assigned to 2814 like they were in the comics (before recent story lines which has Hal kicked out of the Corps and John is now on the Honor Guard) and both are on the JL.Guy is also a Green Lantern and stationed on Earth or he was in season 1, but not on JL. Earth Green Lanterns usually break the tradition even in the comics. Originally John Stewart was just a backup GL, but got promoted to full GL when Hal Jordan tried to retire. When Hal came back the Guardian kept him on because he was a exceptional GL. Guy was made a full time GL by a bunch of Guardians who wanted him to use him as to fight the Anti-Monitor I think, but they kept him as GL too, until he bad attitude made them kick him out. Kyle Rayner was made Green Lantern when DC wanted to shake things up to boostsales GL comics. They had a controversial storyline called Emerald Twilight that had Hal Jordan go nuts after his city Coast City gotdestroyed. Hedestroyed Green Lantern Corps, killed a bunchof his friends, stole all the power from the Central Power Battery, killed the Guardiansexcepted for Ganthet, got green armor and started calling himself Parallax. The last Guardian went to Earth foundKyle outside a bar and randomly gave him the ring.

2005 storyline Green Lantern Rebirth retconned the entire story as Hal Jordan being controlled by an ancient yellow parasite that the Guardians defeated like near the beginning of time or whatever. Main point is there are multiple Green Lanterns at a time for one sector. Hal, John, and Guy being on Earth at the same time does not contradict anything. I am just waiting for Kyle to show up. Kyle is my favorite of the 4 Earth GLs.