Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

just beginning?

kanniballl

[21]May 29, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:

The last Guardian went to Earth foundKyle outside a bar and randomly gave him the ring.

Eh, there's been debate about that. I'm a "Hal" fan through and through, but I recall debates being that Ganthet's "You'll do" bit to Kyle wasn't like "Eh, here's some random guy... you'll do"

But more of a response of after choosing who he felt would work, he was either not 100% thrilled with his choice or was just in a bad mood. Choosing a human was probably a sour spot with him: a human destroyed the Corp, but humans had recently been exceedingly exceptional ring slingers.

Granted, it's been a while since I've read that issue so I can't comment either way. I just remember the "you'll do" line being something the "Hal" fans would throw at the "Kyle" fans and thus an argument would start.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[22]May 29, 2012
    • level: 28
    I think now they are suggesting Ganthet choosing Kyle wasn't random. I know Hal is believs Kyle wasn't choosen by chance and said something along the lines when shotly after he returned. Ian't for the life or me remember where I saw this, but I think someone or Ganthet said in post Rebirth era that there is a reason Kyle was picked. Don't quote me on that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.