Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Alienated (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 12, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/12/12 episode "Alienated" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

snake63

[2]May 12, 2012
    • level: 20

The return of Aqualad as a Black Mantra?

Kindredtown

[3]May 12, 2012
    • level: 3

Really good episode. Aqualad followed in his father's footsteps, but only because they let Tula die. So I'm guessing that she joined the team before considering she had a code name. So that's what Dick meant when he told Tim not to die. I liked the Bat Family team up as well as the mentee and mentor team up. I'm anticipating Darkseid's arrival. And now I wonder what happened to Ocean Master. Now we need to figure out what happened to the other two members, KF and Artemis.

And why was Superboy the only one worried about what M'gann did to the Kroletean.

Edited on 05/12/2012 9:22am

ericwashere15

[4]May 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    Another amazing episode. Aqualad betrayed the team, Tula died, Superman tries to help the Kroloteans, and Black Manta is inducted into the Light.

I assume next episode contains Aqualad again.

If Tula's death did that to Aqualad, what happened to Garth?

La'gann's "By Neptune's beard" exclamations are kind of annoying me.

TylerA46

[5]May 12, 2012
    • level: 11

I don't get this super ethics. In this case standing trial. Where does this come from, it's really not part of the American culture, battle-culture.

RaizenYusuke

[6]May 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    Good episode. Aqualad is with Black Manta now because Aquagirl/Tula died. When we heard a former teammate had gone bad I suspected it was Aqualad. Artemis and Red Arrow were too predictable. I wonder if this is genuine or if it will be some elaborate plan Batman put together to get closer to the Light. I hope it is genuine. This is the most interesting storyline involving Aqualad and up til now I found him dull. I am glad to see Captain Atom pointed out it was weird John a space cop never found out about his, especially since the JL identified themselves. Guardians keep their ears out for GL abusing their power since Sinestro became a dictator on his own planet.

antilifecu

[7]May 12, 2012
    • level: 6
    YG is becoming one of my favorite shows. We couldn't wait for a better infiltration team than Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing and Robin. Superboy isn't liking Miss Martian's method of interrogation. Did you see the look he gave her? He would fry her if he had heat vision. Is Aqualad Black Manta's son in the comics? That was a surprise for me. I can't wait to see a flashback episode about what happened to Aqualad, Miss Martian and Superboy's relationship.
    I think we are not going to seethe super heroes lost during the 16 hours for a while *sigh* Something tells me this episode is a way to say good bye to them for a while. Especially when we see Superman teaming up with Superboy and Wonder Woman with Wonder Girl. I hope to be wrong.

DBTrilogy100

[8]May 12, 2012
    • level: 7

In today's episode of Young Justice (Invasion) we learn about a source of help the Krolotians have been recieving...

*We begin at Bibbo's Diner (the very one we saw back in Schooled) where we hear Gotfrey on the TV ragging about the Justice League. Always good to hear Tim Curry ham it up!

*Bibbo makes a run for it when he sees 2 young heroes, Bumble Bee and Blue Beetle! I think it's safe to say "Bibbo" is actually a Krolotian in disguise.

*Yep, right on the money! The real Bibbo gives the impostor a kick Chuck Norris would be proud of! Blue Bettle arguing with his armor was still priceless!

*The Krolotian manages to escape and report to someone...Black Manta! But wait, his voice sounds lighter then it did in Downtime! Hmm, could this mean...

*Wonder Woman, John Stewart, Captain Atom and Nightwing await for "Zeta Squad" (Superboy, Miss Martian, Beast Boy and Adam Strange) to return from Rann. Beast Boy is excited to show Nightwing his new souvenir, but his "blood sister" (telepathically) tells him now isn't the time...

*She also uses her telepathic powers to show the others what she learned from the Krolotian she "interrogated" in the previous episode, Earthlings. We also learn that some of Rann's leaders were bribed into letting Krolotians "set shop" there. Adam also mentions that they now have Zeta Shields (courtesy of Sardath) to keep more Krolotians from coming.

*As many of us had suspected, those 6 "Starro infected" Justice League members were sent to Rimbor to cause destruction and chaos, instigating an alien retaliation so the Light's "Survival of the Fittest plan" could happen. It also explains how the Krolotians found out about Earth and their interest in "setting up shop" there.

*Captain Atom asks John a question many fans have also been asking: how did the Green Lantern Guardians not know about this for 5 years? John mentions how it isn't in their jurisdiction and that he would head to Oa to find out more.

*Although it was brought up in the Happy New Year Episode Talkback, it looks as though Captain Atom is, indeed, the leader of the Justice League for this Season. He also asks the Young Justice team for help regarding finding another Krolotian base.

*We now arrive at the Hall of Justice, where we see Catherine Cobert (who previously appeared in Happy New Year and confirmed to be the Justice League's public affairs officer and computer voice) giving civilians a tour of the hall's museum. I noticed that A.M.A.Z.O. was one of the exhibits.

*In the "staff only" part of the hall, Superboy and Miss Martian meet with Batman, who is watching Martian Manhunter try to interrogate the Krolotian that was captured by Robin (II), Lagoon Boy and Blue Beetle back in Happy New Year. Miss Martian uses her methods of "interrogation" (much to the dismay of Superboy) to learn that there is another Krolotian base at Malina Island.

*Black Manta reports to...Black Manta? Uh oh, it looks like that means...

*...Aqualad has turned to the Dark Side! Unlike Luke Skywalker, Kal'dur has followed in his father's footsteps! What could have happened to turn him into a fallen hero? It looks like we can't call him "Aqualad" anymore; I heard "Darth Kal'dur" is a popular nickname going around the Internet. That just leaves the questions of Kid Flash and Artemis' fates now.

*The Bat Family and Aquaman and Lagoon Boy arrive to the Krolotian Base and the action starts!

*The Super Duo and the Wonder Duo also join in! Good to see Superman and Superboy have been bonding for the past 5 years. I didn't catch it the Happy New Year, but now I realize Wonder Girl is voiced by Mae Whitman (best known as the voice of Little Suzzie from Johnny Bravo and Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender)!

*Aquaman knocks off "Black Manta Jr."'s helmet, seeing that it is his former protégé! Ah, so Tula did become Aquagirl during the time skip, but she also died. Kal'dur also didn't take not being told who is dad really was too well, either.

*Kal'dur managed to escape from Nightwing and Superboy, but not before leaving behind a bomb!

*The heroes manage to get into the Bio-Ship safely. Miss Martian just said "her" catchphrase again! But Superman is no where in sight!

*He stayed behind to convince the Krolotians to escape (they don't know about the bomb, apparently), that's the "big blue boy scout" for you! But they refuse to listen to him!

*Time's up! Superman at least has invulnerability going on for him, we can't say the same for those Krolotians though.

*Kal'dur reports to his father about the mission in person. Is this the first time Black Manta has been seeing without his helmet in animation or has an earlier show done that? In any case, he congratulates his son and asks him to give him a moment for a private meeting...

*Black Manta speaks with the Light...all except for Light Member 5, Ocean Master! Apparently, he has disgraced them some how and now, Black Manta has taken his place! It's a shame that Ocean Master got the treatment his brother is known for getting as he was the most underused of the Light members. Granted, he did get a recent story in the tie-in comics, but it still would have been nice to see him do more in the series proper then he did inDowntime.Hopefully we'll see Ocean Master in the later episodes.On the plus side, it's nice to see Black Manta become a bigger threat and increase his villain credibility.

*It looks like the Light also has a new sponsor! Most of us already suspect who their first one is, but who could this new one be?

*The 6 Justice League members who were sent to Rimbor 5 years ago are planning to go again, this time to explain the reasons behind it. Hawkman is also going to support his wife and Icon will also come, acting as their lawyer. Hal and Guy also went ahead of them to assure Rimbor that they mean no ill will and to insure the case is handled in a fair manner. I hope we get to see this trial in one of the future episodes!

*The Bat Family's goodbye, in particular, was a Crowning Moment of Heart Warming! It's nice to see Dick Grayson become Nightwing/his own man without hating Batman in the process, that never sat well with me.

*Another note of interest is Superman calling Superboy "Kon-El" and "little brother". I guess he did end up becoming an "older brother figure" to his clone, which is still a good thing.

*After all the goodbyes have been said, the 8 Justice League members head off to Rimbor!

A great episode! It was nice to see an episode that focused on both the Justice League and the Young Justice team rather evenly and it answered some questions and had a few surprises, too! It looks like we'll get another Greg Weisman written episode next week!

Edited on 05/12/2012 11:37am

RaizenYusuke

[9]May 12, 2012

My problem with the tie-in comics is not everyone can buy them. I dislike how games and tie-comics are going to connect what happened within those 5 years. I would rather stick with learn bits and pieces of the past (possibly flashbacks) to find ou what happened. What made Megan so cut throat now. I thinffk I am in theminority here when I say I like it. Last week most were pissed at her for taking such extreme actions, but I like the grayness. In both cases they needed the information quickly and doing it the safe way would take time they didn't really have a lot of time to do it the right way. I really hope Wally is the Flash now. His treatment in the comics made me sick. As soon as Barry came back DC shoved him aside, which I found disrespectful to a character who had been Flash for 2 decades and rightful earned the name. I can't stand it if Wally was shoved aside in this series as well. At least make him the Flash.

Edited on 05/12/2012 2:35pm

thribs

[10]May 12, 2012
    • level: 8

WTF!? There is no way Batman would of approved of M'gann's methods. He was right there when he started to froth up.

I'm beginning to suspect Batman is an impostor.

Other than that, I enjoyed this episode, even though it sucks that all of the good characters have left. Frown

Edited on 05/12/2012 7:23pm

antilifecu

[11]May 12, 2012
    • level: 6
    I do like the new Miss Martian too. Honestly, I couldn't stand the naive-unsecured-hello-Megan character she was 5 years ago.

edmasterchaos

[12]May 12, 2012
    • level: 41

thribs wrote:

WTF!? There is no way Batman would of approved of M'gann's methods. He was right there when he started to froth up.

I'm beginning to suspect Batman as a impostor.

Other than that, I enjoyed this episode, even though it sucks that all of the good characters have left. Frown

Batman is a Skrull.

Or whatever DC calls theirs.

thribs

[13]May 12, 2012
    • level: 8

antilifecu wrote:
    YG is becoming one of my favorite shows. We couldn't wait for a better infiltration team than Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing and Robin. Superboy isn't liking Miss Martian's method of interrogation. Did you see the look he gave her? He would fry her if he had heat vision. Is Aqualad Black Manta's son in the comics? That was a surprise for me. I can't wait to see a flashback episode about what happened to Aqualad, Miss Martian and Superboy's relationship. I think we are not going to seethe super heroes lost during the 16 hours for a while *sigh* Something tells me this episode is a way to say good bye to them for a while. Especially when we see Superman teaming up with Superboy and Wonder Woman with Wonder Girl. I hope to be wrong.
    The version of Aqualad in the comics is called Jackson Hyde and his father is also Black Mantato which he wastold early on. He has yet to appear in The New 52.

Edited on 05/12/2012 7:30pm

MajLorne

[14]May 12, 2012
    • level: 21
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Good episode. Aqualad is with Black Manta now because Aquagirl/Tula died. When we heard a former teammate had gone bad I suspected it was Aqualad. Artemis and Red Arrow were too predictable. I wonder if this is genuine or if it will be some elaborate plan Batman put together to get closer to the Light. I hope it is genuine. This is the most interesting storyline involving Aqualad and up til now I found him dull. I am glad to see Captain Atom pointed out it was weird John a space cop never found out about his, especially since the JL identified themselves. Guardians keep their ears out for GL abusing their power since Sinestro became a dictator on his own planet.
    I'm glad Aqualad was brought up in this episode, so another question to get the fans to calm down about given this time skip. It did cross my mind about if Aqua lad was doing some secret undercover mission when he first took off his helmet, but if he does turn into the villain, perhaps this will be the best way to develop his character. He never was one of my favs, I think it's best to let some other hero step up and replace him. there's enough heroes to replace him imo.

Excellent points especially about GL. I'm starting to doubt his credibility: 1st he never thought of checking if he went into space those 16 hrs and now about how the Guardians never sent for him regarding what he did? I mean as a GL, the other GL of the sector that got attacked would've gotten an 'earful' about the 'rouge' GL that attacked them.

I will say that despite those faults, it was cool he used his powers to turn the energy into a spaceship. It took till JLU for John to turn the energy into something other than an energy bubble or energy 'zaps'.

Not sure what will become of the team, but probably an excuse to put the focus on the 'kids' and get the adults out of the way. Though I do miss JLU's Batman where he would never surrender. So that's my one minus about this show's take on Batman.
    =
    I love the teamups of the mentor and 'kids', best part was seeing the 'Bat family'. the geek in me was all 'giddy' seeing them together since Batman GK. Lol at Wonder woman's 'fan girl' comment to wonder girl. also good to see Conner and Superman doing a tag team, ah 'brotherly bond'.

So many good stuff here, I have to say it's almost to the point that I might actually favor this show more over JL/JLU.

Flashheat

[15]May 12, 2012
    • level: 13

I'm curious who this "Competitor" is. One of the Kroloteans mentions being attacked by one his warriors....possibly referring to Blue Beetle?...Just a guess.

tansniper

[16]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    no... miss m..is starting to cross into the whole do what ever it takes....=(

macabre6

[17]May 13, 2012
    • level: 4
    Disliking Miss M more and more, and yes, that is easily the worst scene yet on the show, really? Batman AND Martian Manhunter approves of her methods? There's no way they didn't notice it, he was drooling and braindamaged and Martian Manhunter was sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Just stupid. I hated that scene, but the rest of the episode was pretty darn awesome, hope we get to see Kid Flash and Artemis soon as well. I'm really digging this new team.

TranAnh0

[18]May 13, 2012
    • level: 4

the kroletean who mentioned the competitor was the one shot by bumblebee so i think he referred to blue beetle as the competitor's warrior. so the competitor should be the Reach who were, just like the kroleteans, conquerors of worlds so the competitor shud be a good name for them. but not sure. im not really familiar with the blue beetle comics.

Kindredtown

[19]May 13, 2012
    • level: 3

TranAnh0 wrote:

the kroletean who mentioned the competitor was the one shot by bumblebee so i think he referred to blue beetle as the competitor's warrior. so the competitor should be the Reach who were, just like the kroleteans, conquerors of worlds so the competitor shud be a good name for them. but not sure. im not really familiar with the blue beetle comics.

You could be onto something and that could be why the Beetle told him it would have been better to vaporize him.

RaizenYusuke

[20]May 13, 2012
    macabre6 wrote:
    Disliking Miss M more and more, and yes, that is easily the worst scene yet on the show, really? Batman AND Martian Manhunter approves of her methods? There's no way they didn't notice it, he was drooling and braindamaged and Martian Manhunter was sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Just stupid. I hated that scene, but the rest of the episode was pretty darn awesome, hope we get to see Kid Flash and Artemis soon as well. I'm really digging this new team.
    DCAU had a similar scene where Jon went do deep in a Thanigarian's mind to get information and left him in a similar state. Neither Batman nor Jon cared much. Batman's ethics have always shifted depending on writers. Sometimes he gets super pissed at
    People altering memories or he can even condone killing in certain situations like when he shot Darkseid or the DCAU where he suggested the JL could only have a chance at beating the Justice Lords if they were willing to kill.