Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Auld Acquaintance (possible spoilers)

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[21]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 13
    macabre6 wrote:
    Good season finale, but I completely agree with it feeling rushed and should have been a two-parter, with the first being devoted to the exposition, and the second an all out action-fest. The kissing, I mean, EVERYONE? You know, I get the "fanservice" thing, but sometimes it doesn't always work when they try this hard, that it goes against logic, I mean, Superboy/Miss Martian and Kid Flash/Artemis, fine, there was build up for the latter, but Robin and Zatanna? Aqualad and Rocket? Okay, there was a brief scene in the last episode where she looked at him, I think they should've waited a little for the last two couples, had some build up and all that, but whatever. The Batman vs. Robin fight was awesome though, wish it could've lasted longer. At the end, it was nice to see the real Speedy, everybody's favorite junkie with erectile dysfunction, hey, sex isn't everything, mellow out Roy, but then there was the stuff with his kid and I doubt they'll include ANY of that in this show, and fine, it became a mess in the comics anyway.

During the team make out seen, it was funny as heck when a partially disassembled Red Tornado said while he was laying on his back, "Human customs still allude me."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tansniper

[22]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    macabre6 wrote:
    Good season finale, but I completely agree with it feeling rushed and should have been a two-parter, with the first being devoted to the exposition, and the second an all out action-fest. The kissing, I mean, EVERYONE? You know, I get the "fanservice" thing, but sometimes it doesn't always work when they try this hard, that it goes against logic, I mean, Superboy/Miss Martian and Kid Flash/Artemis, fine, there was build up for the latter, but Robin and Zatanna? Aqualad and Rocket? Okay, there was a brief scene in the last episode where she looked at him, I think they should've waited a little for the last two couples, had some build up and all that, but whatever. The Batman vs. Robin fight was awesome though, wish it could've lasted longer. At the end, it was nice to see the real Speedy, everybody's favorite junkie with erectile dysfunction, hey, sex isn't everything, mellow out Roy, but then there was the stuff with his kid and I doubt they'll include ANY of that in this show, and fine, it became a mess in the comics anyway.

During the team make out seen, it was funny as heck when a partially disassembled Red Tornado said while he was laying on his back, "Human customs still allude me."
    \

hahah yeah that was funny =D

Loralee_jk

[23]May 2, 2012
    • level: 38

I like Roxy now! She's lady! Kissing AL b/c she doesn't really KNOW HIM, GOOD FOR HER!
    Also I feel SB & MM r def doing the deed! :S

stevie4eva

[24]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 2

congradulations on completing the 1st season.

in the last episode i said the reveal was anticlimactic. the whole season the secrets and the pressure has been building up and up to this moment and boom there is nothing yes not having them fight was nice but there should have been a little more emotion. it wasnt brought up at all in todays episode

i enjoyed the seasons fanaly. roy is a clone! i liked the protoges fighting there mentors. all the mysteries come together. i like there justification is to advance the human race to assume are rightfull place...oookkkaaay....

the science was deffinitly comiv book science basicly if we put a lot of big words together well have science! technosorcery.? really

about the kissfest...dont get me wrong i will ship till the cows come home, but i cant believe they resorted to the new years kiss gimmic. REALLY. there was no justification for that. they did it for the sake of getting everybody together.! Not everybody on the team needs to be a couople it would have worcked if the only astablished couple (superboy and mm) were the only ones who kissed but neither are from earth and know the traditions. couples like spitfire ( who i love more than life itself) were not at a stage were they would be comftorable randomly making out. they were at that really awekward stage of i really like them but i dont know if they like me. so skip all relationship development and through them together! some for robin and zatana and even more so for rocket and aqualad. she just joined the team. now its not a team its a qaudrople date. meanwhile red tornado islying on the floor missing all of his appendagis watching a bunch of teens make out.

poor guy