Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Bloodlines (possible spoilers)

RaizenYusuke

[21]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 28
    This may sound wrong, but I was sort of hoping Barry would still die and Wally would have to become the Flash. I don't hate Barry or anything, but I would like to see Wally become the Flash in this series. I laughed out loud when Roy said they should have left their daughter with Artemis. Where is Red Arrow story going now? He found one armed rea Roy, so is he going to give up Red Arrow identity and focus on parenting? Will the real Roy hate him for "stealing" his life? Or are we going to get real Roy with a cybernetic implant and have him becom Arsenal, while Roy is semi-active as Red Arrow?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antilifecu

[22]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 6
    Love the episode. It helped me to understand and to differentiate the Flashes. It was exciting to see Jay Garrick. This episode made clear that Wally isn't in the same league that Barry or Bart, at least not yet.

Kindredtown

[23]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 3

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    This may sound wrong, but I was sort of hoping Barry would still die and Wally would have to become the Flash. I don't hate Barry or anything, but I would like to see Wally become the Flash in this series. I laughed out loud when Roy said they should have left their daughter with Artemis. Where is Red Arrow story going now? He found one armed rea Roy, so is he going to give up Red Arrow identity and focus on parenting? Will the real Roy hate him for "stealing" his life? Or are we going to get real Roy with a cybernetic implant and have him becom Arsenal, while Roy is semi-active as Red Arrow?

Other people are starting to think that it may still happen that Barry would die and Wally would become the new Flash, but I'm hoping his speed increases before that happens. And I'm thinking how things will go with the Roys would be either clone Roy and Cheshire becoming a duo or spend their life raising their child and then the real Roy would get a robotic replacement as an arm and possible join the team.

bnjay29

[24]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 5

Kindredtown wrote:

And I'm thinking how things will go with the Roys would be either clone Roy and Cheshire becoming a duo or spend their life raising their child and then the real Roy would get a robotic replacement as an arm and possible join the team.

I am really curious as to how that will play out. As it was said, the team never actually met the real Roy. Plus he never gained the years of experience that Red Arrow did under Green Arrow's wing. How effective would he be in comparison to the other heroes fresh from his rescue? Not much really; He's gonna have a lot of catching up to do.

DBTrilogy100

[25]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 7

roweantarts wrote:

I reckon he was faking it, we already know he's a reasonably good actor

That makes a lot of sense. A user from another forum mentioned that Impulse said something along the lines of putting on an act (I must have missed it when typing up the commentary).

roweantarts wrote:

Notes: Is 'noted' gonna become Beast Boy's catchprase?

I must admit, I didn't realize Beast Boy had been saying that in all the Season 2/Invasion episodes he had dialogue in until I saw your note. It does seem to be the case, though it's fine with me as I find it pretty adorable, honestly.

ericwashere15 wrote:

It seemed to me like they tried Getting Crap Past the Radar.

Kindredtown wrote:

Especially when Beast Boy turned to him with a puzzled look and said "Your name is Dick?"

Oh yeah, I had a hunch that's what they were going for.

wolfdemontsuki wrote:

in the original comics that impulse first appears in, it is stated that the twins that iris is carrrying are only half as fast as barry but in bart "the bloodline was concentrated because he was their child." so either massive typo on the authors part or bart's parents were the twins. however because of his bloodline he initially aged at an accelerated rate. although he looked 16 he was actually five. to help him adjust they raised him in a virtual world that was accelerated to help him develop normally, but the downside was he didn't develop the need to think things through, always acting on "impulse".

Ah, so Bart (and his dad) genetically inherited their super speed. Thanks for enlightening me.

Watching it again this morning I realized this was the 2nd episode that Superboy and Miss Martian are absent in, meaning they still tie for the most appearances on the show.

Geodude

[26]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 2

Yeah I like Beast Boy's "noted" catchphrase too. Anyone who's just noticing it now must be pretty slow on the uptake.Tongue out

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned Roy calling Jade Chesh. I know they're married and some time has passed since they were reunited in Salvage, but still, it wasn't something I expected to hear from him. Cute shipping moment.

Edited on 06/03/2012 3:21pm

perualonso1

[27]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 18

Have to admit, Bart Allen's "Oops. Spoilers." and Beast Boy's "Noted" are the best catch phrases since Miss Martian's "Hello, Megan!".

Geodude

[28]Jun 3, 2012

Agreed. While "Hello, Megan!" made Megan seem ditzy and forgetful, "Noted" makes Beast Boy look attentive and willing to learn.

RaizenYusuke

[29]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 28
    Kindredtown wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Other people are starting to think that it may still happen that Barry would die and Wally would become the new Flash, but I'm hoping his speed increases before that happens. And I'm thinking how things will go with the Roys would be either clone Roy and Cheshire becoming a duo or spend their life raising their child and then the real Roy would get a robotic replacement as an arm and possible join the team.

Iread on wikipedia that Wally was limited to the 700 mph when he first started of as the Flash because of a mental block he had, because he did not want to be faster than his uncle Barry. Once he got over it he returned to his top speed and became even faster tha Barry. This is universe 16, so this might not happen in this show, but Wally could still become the Flash (at his current speed) and become faster later on.

DarthFreeza

[30]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 23

Great episode. Probably my favorite of the new season. Both plots were goo (though I admittedly am less enthused by the real-Roy storyline - probably just because I'm nota huge fan of Red Arrow nor of Cheshire).

Impulse is a welcomed addition to the show. He was very funny and very easy to like. I really hope that's his actualy personality and he's not just putting on a huge act.
    It was nice seeing Nightwing actually do something (I believe he's appeared in every episode of season two and the only time he's done anything has been in this one and in the one where Aqualad returns as Black Manta).

Kid Flash seems pretty grumpy lately. A few of his comments ("Sure, lap me; I'm used to it", "Emphasis on the removed", "Don't make me hurt you" etc) lead me to believe that he quit being Kid Flash because he felt underappreciated or upstaged or something of the sort.

All in all, the best thing about this episode was that it opens up several future plot lines.

Geodude wrote:

Agreed. While "Hello, Megan!" made Megan seem ditzy and forgetful, "Noted" makes Beast Boy look attentive and willing to learn.

I disagree; I know a lot of people found the "Noted" cute but I thought it was kind of annoying. Perhaps because he said it so many times in so short a timespan.
    And I thought "Hello, Meghan!" was cute and original. Not so much ditzy as lighthearted. And now that I think about it, I miss hearing it.

london21

[31]Jun 4, 2012
    I think "Neptune's Beard" has replaced "Hello Megan" as the annoying catchphrase of the season. I like how Nightwing is the one who contacts other heroes about things that are going on. Maintaining contacts in the superhero community is a trait that set Dick apart from Batman. I also think that the aliens experimenting on Neutron were The Dominators since they were interested in metahumans.

Geodude

[32]Jun 4, 2012

I like the idea of Wally taking over as the Flash. But what if it isn't because Barry dies, but because he retires to focus on his family? The reveal about Iris' pregnancy could be setting up for that to happen.

Kittyfan2

[33]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 8
    roweantarts wrote:

Regarding future language. I get that 'crash' is good, and 'mode' is bad, so what does 'crashing the mode' mean?

It means they stopped whatever bad thing was suppose to happen. If you read the subtitles of the aliens, you see that they called thier experiment (or maybe it's what they were using) "the mode" and at the end, they say that the mode (whcihc was going to cause the bad things to happen) has been crashed.

Kittyfan2

[34]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 8

I have to say that I really liked this episode. The Flash is one of my favorite superheros, so it was kool seeing this one focus on them. I'm a bit sad about Wally being bummed about him not being able to keep up with Flash and impulse, but Impulse is kool too, so I don't mind too much. I do kind of think the finding Roy plot line could have used its own episode to be the main plot. I mean, Roy really seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as attention goes. Though, I can't help but think that's the whole idea. I really can't wait to see the others' faces when they see Roy alive....and without an arm. That'll be fun.

Umm...as far as catch phrases go:

I was never really fond of Megan's "Hello Megan!" at all.

Garfield's "noted" hasn't really warranted my attention; I don't really have an opinion about it. It's just kind of there.

(can't remember his name. sorry) "Neptune's beard!" has gotten pretty annoying to me now.

And Bart's "Oops. Spoilers" is the only one I really like. It's kind of entertaining.

Kindredtown

[35]Jun 7, 2012

Kittyfan2 wrote:

I have to say that I really liked this episode. The Flash is one of my favorite superheros, so it was kool seeing this one focus on them. I'm a bit sad about Wally being bummed about him not being able to keep up with Flash and impulse, but Impulse is kool too, so I don't mind too much. I do kind of think the finding Roy plot line could have used its own episode to be the main plot. I mean, Roy really seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as attention goes. Though, I can't help but think that's the whole idea. I really can't wait to see the others' faces when they see Roy alive....and without an arm. That'll be fun.

As far as what the others' reactions when they find out clone Roy find the real Roy they'd be surprised, but I don't think it would really bother anyone except for Green Arrow since Robin stated that to them the clone Roy was the real Roy since when they became friends the real Roy had already disappeared. Green Arrow would be the only one who had an actual connection with him before the disappearance, but he probably became more attached to clone Roy than real Roy.

perualonso1

[36]Jun 7, 2012

Kittyfan2 wrote:

Umm...as far as catch phrases go:

I was never really fond of Megan's "Hello Megan!" at all.

Garfield's "noted" hasn't really warranted my attention; I don't really have an opinion about it. It's just kind of there.

(can't remember his name. sorry) "Neptune's beard!" has gotten pretty annoying to me now.

And Bart's "Oops. Spoilers" is the only one I really like. It's kind of entertaining.

The name is Lagoon Boy. I won't say I hate him. I just think he might be in need of attitude adjustment.

stevie4eva

[37]Jun 20, 2012

CHesure and RA were nice. in the first season it seems like they were together for the sake of being together. Now its adorable. she is totaly incharge of the relationship.I like that he is hunkey again and that she got him to clean up his act. Who brings a baby on a dangerous brake in. They do. When roy was holding speedy, it was a nice moment

I love the flash family, i just love there interaction. Then they through in bart. i never loved him, but he was charesmatic, and charming, and at the same time goofy. A lot of his lines were cheesy but the flash family can pull off cheesy. At first i thought they were going to have to go back to the five year time skip and fix what went wrong, and there doing something kind of like that only going even farther into the futer.

they found a creative way to bring in inpulse. alot of fans were upset he was replaced by kf and alot of other characters were replaced, but i dont care. they brought him in without replacing anybody and i loved it. I feel like we dont have to spend much time developing his character, because i know him through the flash family. i care about him now. though there still is mystery. He had technology to make nutron human. we dont know how he got that technology. also alot of the phrases he used such as crash the mode were repeted by the person controlling nutron.

there going to have to rewrite the futer. If your unfamiliar with the comics, bary allen dies. causing wally to become the flash. i was terrified that he was going to die here. Since the futer should have been fixed by saving him, something else is going to happen to him.

i wonder if it will ultamitly work out. a lot of people have this theory that you can not change the futer. you just cant. i wonder i yj will take that approche

MajLorne

[38]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 21
    future*
    Obviously they will have to cover what made the future go unchanged as most shows won't end on an apocalyptic note.

But good points overall. I also wonder who gave Impulse that device to cure Neutron.

perualonso1

[39]Aug 22, 2012

I think any upcoming YJ:I episode will come off as great with more Impulse? All in favor? All opposed?

kanniballl

[40]Aug 23, 2012

Kindredtown wrote:

It's been said in the comicsthat Wally is the fastest of the Flashes and the Fastest being that ever existed. And he was before able to pass through walls without destroying them, but when he connected to the Speed Force they objects became atomically unstabble. But they did make Wally substantially slower than he actually is.

Yeh, pre-New52 it was established that Wally eventually became fastest and that his mastery of the Speed Force was quite great. Like at one point he just "willed" a suit made of Speed Force energy into existence. Though earlier in his career, Barry was considerably faster.

However, I didn't read that much Flash after they brought back Barry (pre- New52) so I don't know if they tried retconning that to say that Barry was the fastest again. But it hardly mattered since the writers painted themselves in a corner: they WERE going to do something so both Barry and Wally would have active comics but kind of threw Wally out.

And now with the post-New52 we just have Barry again.

As far as Bart... well at one point he was the embodiment of the Speed Force itself: it was inside of him. But that lasted maybe 6-12 issues.

Edited on 08/23/2012 6:36am