Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Depths (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [21]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    I am sick of Kon and M'gan's relationship. I want a break from it and focus on the others.

    Edited on 06/12/2012 11:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [22]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    I am sick of Kon and M'gan's relationship. I want a break from it and focus on the others.

    I don't think they've been too heavy on it recently. The first season certain saw more of it than I would have liked but the second season hasn't really been shoving them down our throats. Maybe one scene every two episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [23]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    yutg25 wrote:


    My brother saw the reveal after ARtemis went down He believes no hero will die after on TV. I must be getting slow. I have a question where was Kaldur taking her? on the Manta flyer. Is he gonna introduce him to his father as a new recruit?




    Cartoon heroes can and do die on TV... it's just rare. And in the case of comics, it's usually only temporary (resurrection, life-model-decoy, faked death, etc).


    Heck, "Batman: Brave and the Bold" was a VERY light-hearted cartoon on the Cartoon network. And they killed B'wana Beast... not even a fake death. Just poof, gone.


    As for Depths,I saw it coming, though they presented it quite well... both the intro sequence and the afterwards.

    Edited on 06/13/2012 10:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [24]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    I am sick of Kon and M'gan's relationship. I want a break from it and focus on the others.

    I don't think they've been too heavy on it recently. The first season certain saw more of it than I would have liked but the second season hasn't really been shoving them down our throats. Maybe one scene every two episodes.
    Yeah I know, but I am kind of sick of them to be honest. I feel bad for Lagoonboy becauseI feel like he is just a pawn to advance their plot and won't get any development himself. It doesn't help that Superboy's story this season is uninteresting. M'gan's slippery slope story, which I guess he is a part of. We have Aqualad (really have to learn his name) double agent mission. Wally's relcutance to be a hero and Artemis' love of being a hero, but stopping for Wally and Nightwing's stepping up and filling Batman's shoes in leading this team. Superboy is a part of M'gan's story, but his role hs been betrayed and jealous ex-boyfriend who has not added much to the overall story yet. He doesn't seem to be carryinghis own story yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bnjay29

    bnjay29

    [25]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/29/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 220
    Makes me wonder with so much still focused on the original team of heroes, why even jump so quickly to introduce so many others with the time skip.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [26]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    We could be in a slow transition stage from the original team to the new ones. We have seen bits nad pieces of the new guys, while they are out with the more experienced ones. So far Blue Beetle is the only one we have seen major developments from. I take that back. Blue Beetle and Impulse are the ones we have seen major developments so far. Beast Boy is a strong thrid since we were introduced to him last season.


    Future episodes will probably be like last season, givng new characters more episodes, while the originals arre in the backseat like Nightwing is now. He is involved in the story, but hasn't taken the spotlight away from the others yet. The episode with the all girl team Miss Martian was there, but clearly the episode revolved around the new members, Wonder Girl, Batgirl, and Bumbo Bee and Blue Beetle.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stevie4eva

    stevie4eva

    [27]Jun 20, 2012
    • member since: 06/20/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 20

    This had to be the best episode of the season. It was great. In the begining there was this really sweet spitfire moment, and Artemis sais, "what can go wrong?" the worst words for a tv show. You know something is going to go wrong. Then it flashes to her death.Since they just showed that she is going to die right away, you imediatly know that she is going to live. I see why they did it plot wise, but instead of "OMG SHE DIED!" the whole episode i'm thinking "oooh so thaats how it happens," i still cried nonetheless. Artemis is my favorite character. Iloved the friendship moments between artemis anddick.I loved homefront so this was so cute. At the end when he held her pic. i thought he wasmourning her death but then i found out she was alive so i am confused. It was still anadorable seen. anybody else notice artemis's new apperence looks quite like linda parks? wonder what thats about...hmmm?


    I was surprised to see that Kaldur is not evil. Everybody is thinking about how cruel this all is n the emotions of the team, but think about him. He has to watch everybody he cares about think he is evil, and his mentor and lagaan replace him, and go along with it. poor him.


    speaking of lagaan, can you get more anoying. i just want to punch him in the face. He seems to think of mgann as a prize and rub her in superboys face. He is also stupid. He is from Atlantis, and you can understand how he would be upset about his gf and her ex together alone, but he doesn't get why nightwing assigned him to the water rather than air. wtf?


    Now we know why supermartian broke up. i love the relationship but superboy had a damn rite to be f****** angry. He didn't aprove of mgann going into her victoms minds and messing them up, leaving them in that state. (like simon, somebody she tries so hard not to be) and she goes in his mind to make him forget he was mad at her! He loved her and he recognised her touch in his mind. She totally took advantage of it.


    i do hope they get back together

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stevie4eva

    stevie4eva

    [28]Jun 20, 2012
    • member since: 06/20/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 20

    anybody else interested in dick graysons love life. we get hints about him and zee. but also hints at him and babs. everybody knows dick grayson is a player, but i wonder if the same goes for this version of him

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tansniper

    tansniper

    [29]Jun 22, 2012
    • member since: 11/04/03
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 312

    stevie4eva wrote:


    anybody else interested in dick graysons love life. we get hints about him and zee. but also hints at him and babs. everybody knows dick grayson is a player, but i wonder if the same goes for this version of him




    haha..i dont think anything happen with babs.. they show that something happen with zanata, but i dunno about babs, though her picking on him in that one episode could have been a hint? haha if you want to add her then yeah 2 so far. and if stephany brown or starfire ever comes out in the show,,,that will be 4 haha

    Edited on 06/22/2012 2:18am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thechiwawa

    thechiwawa

    [30]Jun 22, 2012
    • member since: 05/03/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 27
    so when the new espodies will be out?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [31]Jun 23, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071
    Kind of hope they do not do Dick/Babs or they did it if screen. I have always liked Dick with another red head with orange skin.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kindredtown

    Kindredtown

    [32]Jun 23, 2012
    • member since: 10/15/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 85

    Speaking of relationships I think they may go with the WG and Superboy route, but if they don't and make a whole new ship it'll be cool to see her and Static hit it off when he gets added since for some reason I see them bringing him in as another fanboy hero.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bnjay29

    bnjay29

    [33]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 06/29/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 220
    Kindredtown wrote:

    Speaking of relationships I think they may go with the WG and Superboy route, but if they don't and make a whole new ship it'll be cool to see her and Static hit it off when he gets added since for some reason I see them bringing him in as another fanboy hero.

    I still have the hope that we will see Static introduced seeing as how we have Icon and Rocket. But I only had one concern. Unless I am mistaken, Static and Rocket were close to the same age in the comics. But after the timeskip Rocket is no longer a teen. I would have expected Static to appear before the timeskip but at the same time, he and Rocket were around the same age as Tim, not Dick. So we would have a Rocket who is older than Static when they should both be closer in age. But hey, in a world where Zatanna is closer to the Original Boy Wonder's age, anything goes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [34]Jun 29, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,167
    This episode was...interesting to say the least, I'm so surprised Aqualad turned out not to be evil and that Nightwing, Artemis, KF, and Aqua had made this elaborate plan to infiltrate The Light.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [35]Jul 6, 2012
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    bnjay29 wrote:
    I still have the hope that we will see Static introduced seeing as how we have Icon and Rocket. But I only had one concern. Unless I am mistaken, Static and Rocket were close to the same age in the comics. But after the timeskip Rocket is no longer a teen. I would have expected Static to appear before the timeskip but at the same time, he and Rocket were around the same age as Tim, not Dick. So we would have a Rocket who is older than Static when they should both be closer in age. But hey, in a world where Zatanna is closer to the Original Boy Wonder's age, anything goes.



    Well, considering the liberties they're taking with the back-story of this new Universe... they can do whatever they want.


    After all: Superboy (Connor Kent) and Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) running around with Dick Grayson and a young Wally West while Barry Allen is still in his prime? AND while Arsenal just had a kid?


    This new universe is combining stuff from all over DC's history. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.



    It's not a stretch of the imagination for them to just decide to make Virgil around Tim's age (or at least younger than Dick)

    Edited on 07/06/2012 12:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [36]Sep 23, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071
    Dick's plan seems is worthy of Bruce's. It is good and everything, but having to decieve everyone on the team, except for Wally and Artemis wasn't really something I expected from Dick. Aqualad pretending to be a traitor not so bad, but pretrendng he killed Artemis and have her go undercover with him is a whole different thing. It will be interesting to see how this will shape the team's relationship when it comes out into the light.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [37]Sep 26, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,167
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Dick's plan seems is worthy of Bruce's. It is good and everything, but having to decieve everyone on the team, except for Wally and Artemis wasn't really something I expected from Dick. Aqualad pretending to be a traitor not so bad, but pretrendng he killed Artemis and have her go undercover with him is a whole different thing. It will be interesting to see how this will shape the team's relationship when it comes out into the light.
    This. I don't think any of the original team will take this lightly. Let alone the Justice League or the new members.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neoyamato_pi

    neoyamato_pi

    [38]Oct 1, 2012
    • member since: 08/26/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 8,905

    teenj12 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Dick's plan seems is worthy of Bruce's. It is good and everything, but having to decieve everyone on the team, except for Wally and Artemis wasn't really something I expected from Dick. Aqualad pretending to be a traitor not so bad, but pretrendng he killed Artemis and have her go undercover with him is a whole different thing. It will be interesting to see how this will shape the team's relationship when it comes out into the light.
    This. I don't think any of the original team will take this lightly. Let alone the Justice League or the new members.


    I can imagine so. The original team didn't take the fact that Aqualad withheld information about the mole too well, so I can't imagine the remaining portion of the team will be too happy about being excluded from the plan.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [39]Oct 3, 2012
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    back when the lgiht was trying to control MM, supoerboy and artemis they eventually came4 clean sow hy would they keep secrets now? the least they coukld do is tell their own team or SOMETHING

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [40]Oct 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    Well Dick is basically pulling a Bruce Wayne. He is keeping a secret so it will succeed. If the team think Aqualad's defection is real, they fight him hard and genuine. He is afraid if they know they may subconsciouslly do something that gives it way that Aqualad is a spy. The Light had a agent in the cape commuity for years without anyone being wiser. Dick could be afraid Savage has eyes and ears still among them. They really have no idea just what else Savage could have done to the Leaguers. Hell, half of them could be spies without even realizing it.


    Dick is basically trying to play it real close and is trying to be logically, but it is a real dick move to do. Like with Bruce I am sure this will blow up in his fade and divide the team or shake their trust in him as their leader. But it is total Batman move.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.