Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Earthlings (possible spoilers)

roweantarts

[21]May 8, 2012
    • level: 16

DarthFreeza wrote:

Hoping next week focuses on the alpha team (I want to see what Batgirl and Wondergirl are like!)

The teams rotate on a regular basis I mean Batgirl and Wondergirl were in beta squad at the beginning of Happy New Year, but then Wondergirl was in alpha, and Batgirl in Beta when they were raiding Krolotean strongholds.

The Kroloteans, especially after this week seem very weak to be the main bad guys of the series, I hope we see more of the Light soon (or more alien species)

Edited on 05/09/2012 12:38am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpiritOfNabu

[22]May 13, 2012
    • level: 1
    I liked the episode for answering most people's thoughts from last week. And it is keeping the story moving with the knowledge of what happened during the 16 hours. Looking forward to next week's...

kanniballl

[23]May 14, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I am not sure if Superboy and Wonder Girl will happen. JLU finally introduced Hawkman and Shayera did not end up with him though, despite their comic lore.

The DC Animated Universe stuff isn't done. Currently the DCNew's *Beyond series is continuing it. They have Batman Beyond / Justice League Beyond / Superman Beyond running now following the older DC AU storylines (from the JL/Batman cartoons).

A recent digital print of JL Beyond actually started picking up the John / Shayera storyline to fill in the gaps on how Warhawk was born. Apparently the DCAU's version of Vixen is killed by the Shadow Thief. Shayera joins up with John, as she'd grown close to Vixen (almost like an annoying sister) and wants revenge as well.

Their story is ongoing.

Meanwhile, they also dropped a line that would seguey into Terry McGinnis and Amanda Waller having their "chat" about his origins. Amanda's mind has been damaged and needs to take meds to maintain her memory/intellect. She says that she has many secrets, and one day will have to share some with Terry... perhaps over a cup of tea.

Edited on 05/14/2012 7:04am

RaizenYusuke

[24]May 14, 2012
    • level: 28
    That's cool to know. I haven't been reading DC since 52 reboot. I was disappointed with where a lot of the stories went. Justice League was a mess, Batman Reborn stuff which was like completely ripped off from the Captain America Rebor story Marvel did, only Marvel had the guts to keep Bucky Captain America for a few years, whereas DC barely had Dick be Batman or a year. Seriously I was part of the small minority that actually liked Dick becoming Batman, replacing Bruce and training Daimen. I have been meaning to buy War of Green Lanterns, because that story arc looks interesting.

DarthFreeza

[25]May 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    That's cool to know. I haven't been reading DC since 52 reboot. I was disappointed with where a lot of the stories went. Justice League was a mess, Batman Reborn stuff which was like completely ripped off from the Captain America Rebor story Marvel did, only Marvel had the guts to keep Bucky Captain America for a few years, whereas DC barely had Dick be Batman or a year. Seriously I was part of the small minority that actually liked Dick becoming Batman, replacing Bruce and training Daimen. I have been meaning to buy War of Green Lanterns, because that story arc looks interesting.
    I also would have liked to see Dick as Batman for a little while longer. A lot of untapped potential in that arc.
    Though if you ever want to start a Batman book in the new 52 I reccommend Batman and Robin - Bruce and Damien have had a pretty interesting dynamic so far thoughout that series.

edmasterchaos

[26]May 16, 2012
    • level: 41

DarthFreeza wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I also would have liked to see Dick as Batman for a little while longer. A lot of untapped potential in that arc. Though if you ever want to start a Batman book in the new 52 I reccommend Batman and Robin - Bruce and Damien have had a pretty interesting dynamic so far thoughout that series.
    Been meaning to read Batman & Robin. I agree that Dick being Batman had potential, but Batman having his own psycho son as Robin is a pretty good thing, too.

Also, i suggest "Batman", it's the only DC book i'm following and it's pretty good. Not the best run ever on Batman, but it's pretty solid.
    Now to read somewhere how much Blue Beetle was ruined this month...

RaizenYusuke

[27]May 19, 2012
    • level: 28
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I also would have liked to see Dick as Batman for a little while longer. A lot of untapped potential in that arc.
    Though if you ever want to start a Batman book in the new 52 I reccommend Batman and Robin - Bruce and Damien have had a pretty interesting dynamic so far thoughout that series.
    Bruce and Daimen team is like the only thing I might want t check out. Oh and I am glad they took Jason out of that horrible Red Hood gentlemen get up and brought back the biker fetish. I could see myself reading that. Jason is pretty interesting to me. Seeing him play anti-hero again might be worth it. GL stuff sounds good still since not a whole lot was changed for them (thank god). I really think they are going to make the Guardians of the Universe straight up villains, which interests me. Ever sice they came back in 2005 they haven't been so much gray like they used to be, but just more incompetent and self-serving now than actually caring about the universe.

DarthFreeza

[28]May 20, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Bruce and Daimen team is like the only thing I might want t check out. Oh and I am glad they took Jason out of that horrible Red Hood gentlemen get up and brought back the biker fetish. I could see myself reading that. Jason is pretty interesting to me. Seeing him play anti-hero again might be worth it. GL stuff sounds good still since not a whole lot was changed for them (thank god). I really think they are going to make the Guardians of the Universe straight up villains, which interests me. Ever sice they came back in 2005 they haven't been so much gray like they used to be, but just more incompetent and self-serving now than actually caring about the universe.
    I've also wanted to check out some Red Hood and GL (and Aquaman; I've heard a lot of good things about it).
    I've been keeping up with Batgirl too; it's also been worth reading.

kanniballl

[29]May 20, 2012

DarthFreeza wrote:
    I've also wanted to check out some Red Hood and GL (and Aquaman; I've heard a lot of good things about it). I've been keeping up with Batgirl too; it's also been worth reading.

Aquaman was surprisingly good after the New52, though the last 2 or 3 issues were "meh"

Red Hood, is alright. Nothing special, and some people are outraged over Starfire's retcon.

Edited on 05/20/2012 11:59am

kanniballl

[30]May 20, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Dick was Batman was about 1.5 years until Bruce returned; about March 2009 until November 2010. After Bruce's return, Dick acted as one of the Batman in Batman Inc for a little while.

Bucky was Cap from around Jan 2007 until mid/late 2011.

DarthFreeza

[31]May 26, 2012
    kanniballl wrote:

DarthFreeza wrote:
    I've also wanted to check out some Red Hood and GL (and Aquaman; I've heard a lot of good things about it). I've been keeping up with Batgirl too; it's also been worth reading.

Aquaman was surprisingly good after the New52, though the last 2 or 3 issues were "meh"

Red Hood, is alright. Nothing special, and some people are outraged over Starfire's retcon.

A few days ago I picked up Aquamans 1-9 (except for issue 3 which I couldn't find) and I agree that it is definately suprisingly awesome. One of my favorite books at the moment.
    If you're ever looking to start a series, RaizenYusuke, I reccommend taking a peek at Aquaman, Batman and Robin, or Batman. (I, personally, am not very fond of the rebooted Batman, Inc but a lot of people seem pleased with it).

stevie4eva

[32]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 2

Despite hating the first episode im going to stick with the series

pros

adam strange was written perfectly. i like that he was included and the scene were he distracted the gaurds. hmmm more alice in wonderland references, i wonder what thats all about. maybee something happened in the 16 hours that made this world fall down a rabbit hole.

i love the bro sis relationship bb and mm have. he actually calls her big sis. we got to see what happened to gars mother. and why mgann cut her hair short. so he wouldn't see a spitting image of his mother wenever he looked at her. i still dnt see why queen be targeted her. but h well

cons

during the episode it was hard to focus on the plot because i was focusing on answering my questions. we got some answers to why supermartian broke up. the relationship drama was just too much for my tiny brain to handle. i was wating to find out what happened to artemis and wally and kaldur. i dont really care about what happened in those 16 hours sure im a little curius but mostly just ansy to see my favorite characters.

its hard to care about anything on this show. i cant connect with the characters like i could with the 1st season.

i didnt hate this episode as much as the first episode though so hopefully it will get better.