We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Happy New Year! (possible spoilers)

perualonso1

[21]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 18

edmasterchaos wrote:

perualonso1 wrote:

I saw the premiere today. Got to say, the debut of Beast Boy, Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, and Nightwing made it all worthwhile. The downsides were Miss Martian and Superboy no longer being a couple and not having Will Friedle voice Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes like he did in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Did anyone enjoy that?

Why is everyone disgusted with the season premiere? Try feeling "gusted".

I'm looking forward to another YJ:I episode next Saturday.

That is why i LIKE the new season. No stupid whelmed stuff.

Also, Superboy is a kryptonian clone, i say he shouldn't grow up :U

You mean you don't like those made-up words that Dick used to do? That was the best part of YJ S1.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[22]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 41

perualonso1 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

perualonso1 wrote:

I saw the premiere today. Got to say, the debut of Beast Boy, Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, and Nightwing made it all worthwhile. The downsides were Miss Martian and Superboy no longer being a couple and not having Will Friedle voice Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes like he did in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Did anyone enjoy that?

You mean you don't like those made-up words that Dick used to do? That was the best part of YJ S1.

Sir, that statement offends me.

MajLorne

[23]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 21
    @DBT, another great review! fantastic. And thanks for the mention about my comment (of the 6 members with the missing 16 hrs and the connection to the DCAU).

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I have mixed feelings on the timeskip. I liked Beastboy, Robin (Tim), Woner Girl, BB, and Batgirl as new additions. Dick's evolution into Nightwing and team leader of Young Justice felt right. But the five year timeskip and still nothing on the missing 16 hours was really awkward. Like someone else said the JL never even thought they went into space, despite coming from a vortex (which I assume they know i a Boomtube by now since I doubt the JL has not encountered Darkseid yet. It is even less unlikely considering that one of the six that went missing was a Green Lantern you know a space cop who can travel into space, but space was eliminated as an option? Honestly I do not think this 16 hours story should have been carried over into a five year timeskip. A year or two I could see, but five years seems really forced.

What I liked is that Nightwing evolved into the great leader hehas always been knownfor and his worries about leading the team have been put behind him. Superboy seems like the same character despite five years going by, I was hoping he would be less angry. I guess his break up MM is going to be the excuse for why he still emo boy. I am interested in seeingwhat happened to the other orginla members. Is Wally still Kid Flash or hashe Flash now? If Nightwing is offical team leaderwhat happened to Aqualad? Artemis still a hero orcivlian since Arrowatte is supposed be coming in and four archers on both teams seems like overkill. TheAlien paranoia and racism plot seems like it will be the driving force of this season and I think it has potential to divide the JL/YJ from the world, maybe even divide the team.

My gripe is that John, Hal, and Guy all get a shout out, but no KyleRayner mention! It has been five years now. Surely Kyle has been made a GL by now. He is my favoriteGL, so I was disappointed that there was no mention of him when Alan, Hal, Guy, and John have all been mentioned. Kyle really gets the short end of the stick on animated series.

Agreed, finally since the end of B:TAS (not counting 'the batman or B:B&tB) Batgirl is back on screen, yay! Wonder girl seems like a replacement for Supergirl as I enjoyed how here the two of them were working together.

Yeah SB doesn't seem like he has much of a character change and is the same 'grump' that he was.

I would like to know about those 3 as well. I hope they are still on the team.

I totally agree, to me you can't have a GL without Kyle (he was the first GL I saw from S:TAS and JLU). Why not Kyle?

yutg25

[24]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5

Disappointed cause it doesn't feel like the same show. The worst thing is they left so many things in the air. What Zatana/Zatara/Dr. Fate story. The Light's master plan this seems to be a part of that but why wait 5 years. WHy would Zatana join with the Fate issue. What happened to Superboy and Ms. M? I think Ms. M broke it off cause of the way Connor acted seeing her and Lagoon boy.

I love that Wonder girl was there but I hated the big time skip. I'm still hoping the mysterious hand of the light will be there like last season action is good but mystery and character depth made this show great for me.

Edited on 04/29/2012 7:58am

DBTrilogy100

[25]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 7

Kindredtown wrote:

I also think him looking young has something to do with the cloning process slowing his aging even further than it usually would and that's probably also a reason why he's still with the younger team. That or he feels like it's his home and duty to stay there.

The cloning process certainly could be an added reason for that, good thought. Perhaps Greg Weisman could clairy that on his Q&A website. According to Zatanna, Superboy (like Nightwing and Miss Martian) could have joined the Justice League now if he wanted to, but chose not to. So it's probably the latter reason.

MajLorne wrote:

@DBT, another great review! fantastic. And thanks for the mention about my comment (of the 6 members with the missing 16 hrs and the connection to the DCAU).

Thank you kindly MajLorne, always a pleasure to hear the commentaries/reviews are enjoyed and helpful! You're welcome, it was a very good observation!

As another observation I just remembered, it looks like Beast Boy has taken up Kid Flash's position as the team "souvenir collector".

Beastgirl2

[26]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 11

I guess I'm going to have to just think of this as a new show. It's like starting all over again. I really hope this is temporary, but it doesn't sound like it. It's not as fun as it could be for me because I don't know much about the comics and the different characters. I can't help being really disappointed.

Kittyfan2

[27]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 8

edmasterchaos wrote:

perualonso1 wrote:

Why didn't you like that?

tansniper

[28]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 5

but superboy even though a clone has to grow up , even in the comics he grew older. but anyway moving on to the show..hm It was neat. i enjoy the whole introduce of new members^^ , I saw batgirl!! so i am happy^^ but...miss m..broke up with super boy... i am so sad.=( and she really move on , haha. i guess that will give the hints for wonder girl and sb hook up. but yeah over all it was neat. and i am looking forward to what happen to KF/Art.

but now i want to see a lot of new character development with the older members. =D and Mr.Ironside!!! i want his voice for DS. Again over all the story was neat,because one of part of the main plot would be how people are going to react to aliens living among them .There that hint of anti push right now and the whole 16 hours part =D.

As for KF/Art coming from a fan of them both I hope they will still be together and i guess maybe they are doing there own thing now, like college and superhero team up. ^^ i am fan of those two. so yeah i want to see what greg wiseman has plan.

Edited on 04/28/2012 11:44pm

readapost

[29]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    DBTrilogy100 wrote:

Loralee_jk wrote:

Does SB not age? He looked pretty much the same!

Kryptonians physically age slower then Humans do, much like the Saiyans from the Dragonball Trilogy. I remember in the Batman Beyond Two Parter, The Call, Superman didn't look as old as one would expect and Bruce even said something along the lines of, "I could sure use that Kryptonian DNA."

readapost wrote:

I know I was shocked by all of it. I'm so glad Robin is Nightwing now and Beast Boy is back as well. Though the thing that made me go what in the world, was Miss Martian and Batgirl. I can't wait for more.

From the little we saw him, I like where they're going in regards to characterization for Nightwing, one can still tells it's the Robin from Season 1. I also look forward to seeing Batgirl and Beast Boy in action!

Hmm Kryptonians age slower? So that makes me wonder who would age faster? Miss Martian or Superboy? To be honest, I didn't even know the boy from image was Garfield. Thanks there are alot of cameos. I wonder if Vicky Vale will ever make one?

macabre6

[30]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    I've read so much hate on this episode and specifically the time skip, most of it sounded like alid complaints, so I was nervous about this episode, I watched it, I liked it. First of all, any episode that opens with Clayface gets my attention immediately, he is my favorite villain, this time he gets to speak as well, then we get Lobo? Okay, I like the character but somehow this version wasn't THAT great, the voice, the "karen, KAREN?", which is a name in my language, so it sounded like he was yelling for someone, the design was okay I guess. Now, I can never get enough of Tim Curry, so it was fantastic to see him as a sort of Hannity/Beck type of character and ham it up like only he can, but at the same time his appearance disappointed me in the sense of, if they got him to be on the show, why wouldn't you let him voice the Joker? As he was originally meant to be for Batman: The Animated Series?.

New team, new characters and yet, AND YET, we have Miss Martian and Superboy, who were the most overexposed characters in season 1 with the new group, now I don't hate their characters or anything, it's just that I think we could've gotten someone else, old or new members. Wonder Girl was energetic and cool, and I liked the dynamic between Jason, Lagoon Boy and Blue Beetle. So what didn't I like? Apart from Superboy and MM taking up spots I feel should've been given so somebody else? Well, as others have said, there are so many unanswered questions and still they keep throwing new questions around. But actually, I thought it was a fine start to a new season.

Jemadari

[31]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 12

The thought of Artemis going to the dark side, that would be epic

Lobo said his contract called for him to "put on a show for the locals", might that be interpreted as someone trying to warn the JL

macabre6

[32]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    Jemadari wrote:

The thought of Artemis going to the dark side, that would be epic

Lobo said his contract called for him to "put on a show for the locals", might that be interpreted as someone trying to warn the JL

I thought that would be kind of cool as well, until the episode "Usual Suspects" which so neatly wrapped up the Artemis/Cheshire/Sportsmaster story, and showed that Artemis will not turn evil just to be with her dad and sister, and Cheshire and Artemis obviously do love one another despite everything. Besides, it would kill her poor mother if another one in her family turned out bad, I think the mother may be a major reason as to why she didn't join Sportsmaster when she had the chance. I wish we could have a scene with her mother and either Cheshire or Sportsmaster or possibly even both. Good point about the Lobo line, that may be the case, that somebody wanted his attack to be known and broadcasted.

ArtistUnknown

[33]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 2

To everyone saying that The Light should've done something in 5 years: Their first plan started before the series began; from the sound of it, they replaced Speedy almost immediately, and then it had just been enacted at the season finale. That's a good amount of time just waiting for that one day to come. The Light doesn't seem to think time is an issue, as long as they get results then they'll wait as long as they need to.

However, having said that, it almost seemed like their second plan would be enacted immediately following their first plan "failed". How are the 6 leaguers just finding out that they're wanted criminals? Obviously they were able to travel wherever they needed to and back in 16 hours, so we'd have to assume that wherever they went is less technologically advanced as Earth (to the point where they don't have a sort of teleportation/Boom tube-like device), and is a crapton of light years away. Or just no one cared until now, which I don't believe unless The Light is using Starrotech on a lot of beings.

Kindredtown

[34]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 3

Loralee_jk wrote:

So where were Aqualan, Artemis, & Kid Flash???

I DEF. think Artemis is Catherine, the girl w the black hair that greeted Zantana & Rocket @ the door. Then Gordan did a little bio on her. Her voice WAS Artimis, but was that just b/c? Like how sh does the computer voice too? I think not. I very much believe that WAS Artemis!
    So Robins 19, Superboy, Artemis & Kid flash would all be 21. Does SB not age? He looked pretty much the same!
    I like 19 year old Robin!
    And why did SB & Miss Martian break up? HE accepted her when she was white! And then she left him? DON'T LIKE HER ANYMORE!
    However after seeing Rocket give Aqualad that kiss on the cheeck after everyone else was sucking face, very cute! What a lady!

OMG ALSO!!! I THINK I SAW LOIS LANE!!!
    When everyone was in the water one of the first people to pop up was a woman w black hair & looked like she could be a news reporter. AKA LOIS!
    I was like OMG That's Y Superman showed up! To get his lady!...but then everyone showed up..Flashback to Ep 1...If it IS Lois, I wonder is Superman can just take her & no one will notice?

Just rewatched the episode. It's not Artemis. It's her voice actress though. The character in question, however is an actual comic character.

And I don't think that's Lois. Was just some random civilian.

edmasterchaos

[35]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 41

Kittyfan2 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

perualonso1 wrote:

Why didn't you like that?

It was just REALLY REALLY annoying for me, like, i know Dick is all about the wordplay even more than getting ladies, but that was the most silly and useless wordplay ever. It wasn't funny and the fact that it was a constant for his character... ugh. That's why i'm glad he's Nightwing now, surely he grew out of that.

Also, the only thing i can say it's negative in the five year timeskip, besides the "Nah, lets forget the last season finale. C'mon guys, we got ADVENTURES to do and a Jason Todd to get killed! Nothing could go wrong with those 16 hours!" is that Superboy and Miss Martian broke up.

I found their pairing to be absolutely silly and eye-rolling with how much time was dedicated to it, but still, they dedicated a load of time to the pairing last season and then they just break-up off-screen and we have to deal Miss Martian making out with the incredibly silly hulking fish boy. If they start making out while Miss Martian is in her White Martian form though, i'll say it's all worth it.

But, well, the cast was getting enjoyable towards the end (well, some of it. Aqualad was still boring) but i think i'll find myself enjoying Beast Boy and Blue Beetle even more since i won't have to think "He should be Flash already! Robin's age is all wrong!"

And finally, i'm glad Superboy's still in YJ, it's wrong in several ways, but his story was the more interesting one.

DiamondHead1830

[36]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 16
    I watched the episode earlier this morning and WOW is all I have to say.

---Spoiler Alert----

The story is set five years into the future (Which is strange because just last week it was five years in the past) with Nightwing taking over Batman's job of directing the team and I'm guessing Cyborg (Before his accident) calling the missions like tornado.

---end---

I liked a few things about the show, the new characters: Lagoon Boy, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Bumble Bee, Batgirl, Wonder girl, and a new Robin (Tim Drake). The new characters brought comic relief and a WHOLE lot of potential stories. I'm guessing Lagoon Boy is gonna be the new KF with the comic relief and Beast Boy is gonna be the new screw up Robin, while the Actual robin seems to be taking a different personality compared to the Dick we know and love. (A little maturity guys!) Also, Blue Beetle, Tim, and LB were put on a team and blue beetle was talking to Goober, his AI in the Beetle (Correct me if I'm wrong) and neither of them knew who he was talking to? Is he hiding this on purpose/

However, they took away a few of my favorite characters (as far as I can see...) Artemis, Aqualad, and Kid flash. Now this being set in the future, Wally might've changed into Flash taking over Barry's spot. And Zatanna and Rocket have become full members of the Justice league. (25 and 26 I believe)

Also. ---Spoiler Alert--- Miss Martian and Superboy broke up after one season? Come on! However, the teams new looks are interesting, a little bit more grown up. Although, I was a little disappointed to see Dick mature into Nightwing so early. I mean one season?

The action scenes in this weeks episodes were definitely great! I will

ericwashere15

[37]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 15
    At least they gave the show an additional word in the title. My heart sank when I read "5 years later", actually, it started sinking when I saw Superboy wearing gloves, and Robin's reddish costume.

It didn't help that the Trailers Always Spoil. Literally, during Green Lantern right before YJ, it gave a commercial about the Blue Beetle. They could've at least waited until the episode premiered before airing that...

I love the series so far, but a 5 year timeskip just seemed like too long to jump through. Everybody else already mentioned the "16 hours" ordeal, but what about Superman finally acknowledging Superboy? What about Hugo Strange, as the League learned he was corrupt just before becoming mind controlled? I don't like all these unanswered questions after a 5 year timeskip, but it is only the first episode of the season, so I need to calm down a bit.

Overall, I'll enjoy this season, but the 5 year timeskip hurt. I was looking forward to seeing everybody's relationships develop, watching as Robin learns what it takes to be a leader, etc. But I guess we should've seen it coming, with how quickly Artemis and Miss Martian revealed their secrets after trying so hard to keep them hidden.

readapost

[38]Apr 29, 2012
    DiamondHead1830 wrote:
    I watched the episode earlier this morning and WOW is all I have to say.

---Spoiler Alert----

The story is set five years into the future (Which is strange because just last week it was five years in the past) with Nightwing taking over Batman's job of directing the team and I'm guessing Cyborg (Before his accident) calling the missions like tornado.

---end---

I liked a few things about the show, the new characters: Lagoon Boy, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Bumble Bee, Batgirl, Wonder girl, and a new Robin (Tim Drake). The new characters brought comic relief and a WHOLE lot of potential stories. I'm guessing Lagoon Boy is gonna be the new KF with the comic relief and Beast Boy is gonna be the new screw up Robin, while the Actual robin seems to be taking a different personality compared to the Dick we know and love. (A little maturity guys!) Also, Blue Beetle, Tim, and LB were put on a team and blue beetle was talking to Goober, his AI in the Beetle (Correct me if I'm wrong) and neither of them knew who he was talking to? Is he hiding this on purpose/

However, they took away a few of my favorite characters (as far as I can see...) Artemis, Aqualad, and Kid flash. Now this being set in the future, Wally might've changed into Flash taking over Barry's spot. And Zatanna and Rocket have become full members of the Justice league. (25 and 26 I believe)

Also. ---Spoiler Alert--- Miss Martian and Superboy broke up after one season? Come on! However, the teams new looks are interesting, a little bit more grown up. Although, I was a little disappointed to see Dick mature into Nightwing so early. I mean one season?

The action scenes in this weeks episodes were definitely great! I will
    Nope it isn't Cyborg it's really Mel Duncan.

bluecatcinema

[39]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 61
    It's MAL Duncan, readapost. Anyway, it was good to see both BBs on the team (Weird how Beast Boy's costume didn't vanish when he changed, like it does in the comics and Teen Titans cartoon, though). Jaime's VA played up his spanish heritage, unlike Will Friedle in B: TBATB, which I think is a good thing. And Tim Curry as G. Gorden Godrey? Win!

readapost

[40]Apr 29, 2012
    bluecatcinema wrote:
    It's MAL Duncan, readapost. Anyway, it was good to see both BBs on the team (Weird how Beast Boy's costume didn't vanish when he changed, like it does in the comics and Teen Titans cartoon, though). Jaime's VA played up his spanish heritage, unlike Will Friedle in B: TBATB, which I think is a good thing. And Tim Curry as G. Gorden Godrey? Win!
    Oops your right sorry for my error. I feel like a noob now.