Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Happy New Year! (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [41]Apr 29, 2012
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    i feel like they purposely left us int he air so we can stay tuned hoping to see answers of what happened in the past 5 years. i think theyre going to slowly fill us in on what happened as we follow the new YJ

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of macabre6

    macabre6

    [42]Apr 29, 2012
    • member since: 02/15/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 16
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

    i feel like they purposely left us int he air so we can stay tuned hoping to see answers of what happened in the past 5 years. i think theyre going to slowly fill us in on what happened as we follow the new YJ


    Yes, and I think it'll work as well, at least for the time being, there are so many discussions now on several sites, so much speculation, granted it's a new season, but it has definitely sparked interest, not to mention controversy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tansniper

    tansniper

    [43]Apr 29, 2012
    • member since: 11/04/03
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 312

    macabre6 wrote:
    I've read so much hate on this episode and specifically the time skip, most of it sounded like alid complaints, so I was nervous about this episode, I watched it, I liked it. First of all, any episode that opens with Clayface gets my attention immediately, he is my favorite villain, this time he gets to speak as well, then we get Lobo? Okay, I like the character but somehow this version wasn't THAT great, the voice, the "karen, KAREN?", which is a name in my language, so it sounded like he was yelling for someone, the design was okay I guess. Now, I can never get enough of Tim Curry, so it was fantastic to see him as a sort of Hannity/Beck type of character and ham it up like only he can, but at the same time his appearance disappointed me in the sense of, if they got him to be on the show, why wouldn't you let him voice the Joker? As he was originally meant to be for Batman: The Animated Series?. New team, new characters and yet, AND YET, we have Miss Martian and Superboy, who were the most overexposed characters in season 1 with the new group, now I don't hate their characters or anything, it's just that I think we could've gotten someone else, old or new members. Wonder Girl was energetic and cool, and I liked the dynamic between Jason, Lagoon Boy and Blue Beetle. So what didn't I like? Apart from Superboy and MM taking up spots I feel should've been given so somebody else? Well, as others have said, there are so many unanswered questions and still they keep throwing new questions around. But actually, I thought it was a fine start to a new season.
    yeah


    yeah same here^_^ it was really nice new season start. I enjoy the whole robin,BB, and lb moment at the end. i look forward to how the new team will deal with issues =D

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [44]Apr 29, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    bluecatcinema wrote:
    It's MAL Duncan, readapost. Anyway, it was good to see both BBs on the team (Weird how Beast Boy's costume didn't vanish when he changed, like it does in the comics and Teen Titans cartoon, though). Jaime's VA played up his spanish heritage, unlike Will Friedle in B: TBATB, which I think is a good thing. And Tim Curry as G. Gorden Godrey? Win!
    As a mexican, let me tell you that that's not a good thing. We go all spanglish when talking to each other, sure, but when just talking to people who only speak english, well... it loses its point. I mean, i speak both, but if i talk to my sister that only speaks spanish, well, i'm not gonna throw in random english words.


    But, i can deal with it. As long as they don't increase his spanish words in english sentences further.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [45]Apr 29, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,527
    macabre6 wrote:
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

    i feel like they purposely left us int he air so we can stay tuned hoping to see answers of what happened in the past 5 years. i think theyre going to slowly fill us in on what happened as we follow the new YJ


    Yes, and I think it'll work as well, at least for the time being, there are so many discussions now on several sites, so much speculation, granted it's a new season, but it has definitely sparked interest, not to mention controversy.
    Well any publicity/controversy that draws countless attention is usually good as it means people will be drawn into the show to find out. Weisman has developed some great shows: Gargoyles, Spectacular Spiderman, so I doubt the 16 hour plot will be left unanswered. Plus when that guy told SB not to wear that S insignia, perhaps SM did something to anger the people of that place they went to at the end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yutg25

    yutg25

    [46]Apr 29, 2012
    • member since: 01/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 205

    I wonder if they broke up Superboy and Ms. Martian to get ship spoiler:


    SPOILER











    Superboy and Wondergirl together

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [47]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,127

    I have no doubt the 16 hours will be explained this season along with finding out what happened to all of our heroes from the first season and were they are now. Wally interests me, because Barry has taken center stage in the Flash series in comics and Wally has kind of just been pushed into obscurity Iam wondering if Wally is actually Flash now or if Barry is still Flash. Ever since Hal Jordan returned to the main GL in the comics most media have been using Hal and not Kyle, John, and Guy much. I am wondering if the same will happen with Flash. I guess there could be two Flashes running around now. It has been five years. Barry could have been killed or disappeared (if they don't want to kill him), Wally could have become Flash, and Barry returned, but Wally kept using the Flash identity and giving us two Flashes. But Tim has appeared Bart has not. Bart is not here does that mean Wally is still Kid. So many questions. Why no Bart? If they brought in Tim and Cassie it seems sort of weird to leave Bart out of it.


    OK time for me to get back on track. I am confident that the questionsthat were left open in season 1 will be answered like the 16 hours. Superboy and MM are in that sector of space so I am sure the answers to that mystry willbe revealed. The episode was good and with how it started it will draw an audience, like othershave already said.


    I would like to point out that, while most haveposted concernsabout the timeskip no one has really said anything badabout the actual episode itself. I just wanted to point that out because some people seem to think the majority of us hated the episode by our posts. The series isstill good IMO. Once it answers all these questions I will probably warm up to the timeskip.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of macabre6

    macabre6

    [48]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 02/15/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 16
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    I have no doubt the 16 hours will be explained this season along with finding out what happened to all of our heroes from the first season and were they are now. Wally interests me, because Barry has taken center stage in the Flash series in comics and Wally has kind of just been pushed into obscurity Iam wondering if Wally is actually Flash now or if Barry is still Flash. Ever since Hal Jordan returned to the main GL in the comics most media have been using Hal and not Kyle, John, and Guy much. I am wondering if the same will happen with Flash. I guess there could be two Flashes running around now. It has been five years. Barry could have been killed or disappeared (if they don't want to kill him), Wally could have become Flash, and Barry returned, but Wally kept using the Flash identity and giving us two Flashes. But Tim has appeared Bart has not. Bart is not here does that mean Wally is still Kid. So many questions. Why no Bart? If they brought in Tim and Cassie it seems sort of weird to leave Bart out of it.


    OK time for me to get back on track. I am confident that the questionsthat were left open in season 1 will be answered like the 16 hours. Superboy and MM are in that sector of space so I am sure the answers to that mystry willbe revealed. The episode was good and with how it started it will draw an audience, like othershave already said.


    I would like to point out that, while most haveposted concernsabout the timeskip no one has really said anything badabout the actual episode itself. I just wanted to point that out because some people seem to think the majority of us hated the episode by our posts. The series isstill good IMO. Once it answers all these questions I will probably warm up to the timeskip.


    I don't know if you're referring to me as "some" or not, but when I said that I read a lot of hate towards this episode, I didn't mean this forum, but DC Animation Forum and especially Ask Greg which is just filled with complaints and attacks towards the new direction and Mr. Weisman himself. The haters may be vocal, but I agree that the majority seemed to like this episode, me included.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Flashheat

    Flashheat

    [49]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,105

    ArtistUnknown wrote:


    To everyone saying that The Light should've done something in 5 years: Their first plan started before the series began; from the sound of it, they replaced Speedy almost immediately, and then it had just been enacted at the season finale. That's a good amount of time just waiting for that one day to come. The Light doesn't seem to think time is an issue, as long as they get results then they'll wait as long as they need to.

    However, having said that, it almost seemed like their second plan would be enacted immediately following their first plan "failed". How are the 6 leaguers just finding out that they're wanted criminals? Obviously they were able to travel wherever they needed to and back in 16 hours, so we'd have to assume that wherever they went is less technologically advanced as Earth (to the point where they don't have a sort of teleportation/Boom tube-like device), and is a crapton of light years away. Or just no one cared until now, which I don't believe unless The Light is using Starrotech on a lot of beings.




    Considering Vandal Savage is effectively immortal, I think he's learned not to rush things.



    I also noticed that it seems Beast Boy is the one collecting souvenirs this time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [50]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    MajLorne wrote:
    Well any publicity/controversy that draws countless attention is usually good as it means people will be drawn into the show to find out. Weisman has developed some great shows: Gargoyles, Spectacular Spiderman, so I doubt the 16 hour plot will be left unanswered. Plus when that guy told SB not to wear that S insignia, perhaps SM did something to anger the people of that place they went to at the end.


    Well, didn't Adam say those specific leaguers were wanted criminals on that planet? He also said that the planet also had files on all leaguers as a result. So that heavily implies they did something there.


    So it's pretty much a given that Conner should NOT weak the insignia. An unknown human arriving on the planet wearing the Superman logo would be like bring too much attention.



    So my guess is we will found out soon what the leaguers did during those missing hours when Superboy and Team visit the planet.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [51]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    ecao123 wrote:
    ...


    Cons: -What happened in the 5 years...


    -"16 hours", something random happens with Lobo and the first thing the JL thinks of is the "16 hours" from 5 years ago? I mean seriously the 16 hours thing has had to become a cold case by now, moreover why they didn't resolve the 16 hours/the light didn't do anything in the past 5 years


    ...


    Umm no, they thought of the 16 hours because Adam Strange said those leaguers (that went missing) are wanted criminals on a planet for actions they don't remember. He was showing pics of them in action, though what they are actually doing is unclear.


    Hmmm, person A + B + C + D have a missing 16 hours they can't account for. And now they find out those same persons A + B + C + D are wanted criminals for actions they don't remember in a place they don't seem to know anything about.


    It's kind of hard NOT to connect those dots.

    Edited on 04/30/2012 5:44am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpiritOfNabu

    SpiritOfNabu

    [52]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 04/29/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    For those of you that say Superboy seems to still be emo-like. I would like to point out the first scene. He goes with the plan and instead of fighting Clayface with his fist, he uses his wits and skill to throw the capsule into his mouth.

    Sure Superboy may not be happy seeing Miss Martian play kissing face in public with LagoonBoy, but he's not acting like the hulk he was in Season 1.

    I love seeing Barbara as Batgirl, I saw her in the Schooled episode, but ti wasn't clear if she was active at the time.

    Hopefully, she doesn't become Oracle this season (I'm not opposed to it occurring in future episodes).

    It also seems the team is much more integrated into the Justice League hence allowing YL team to be on the station.

    And for all you that say the adults look the same, I point out John Stewart who looks much better 5 years later.

    I just don't know if I will be playing the Young Justice game just to know what happened between Season 1 & 2. I doubt a video game could showcase what happened with all the relationships.

    I really think they shouldn't be trying to produce a video game on a show that isn't even a year old...yet. But oh well, looking forward to next week!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yutg25

    yutg25

    [53]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 01/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 205

    Flashheat wrote:


    ArtistUnknown wrote:


    To everyone saying that The Light should've done something in 5 years: Their first plan started before the series began; from the sound of it, they replaced Speedy almost immediately, and then it had just been enacted at the season finale. That's a good amount of time just waiting for that one day to come. The Light doesn't seem to think time is an issue, as long as they get results then they'll wait as long as they need to.

    However, having said that, it almost seemed like their second plan would be enacted immediately following their first plan "failed". How are the 6 leaguers just finding out that they're wanted criminals? Obviously they were able to travel wherever they needed to and back in 16 hours, so we'd have to assume that wherever they went is less technologically advanced as Earth (to the point where they don't have a sort of teleportation/Boom tube-like device), and is a crapton of light years away. Or just no one cared until now, which I don't believe unless The Light is using Starrotech on a lot of beings.




    Considering Vandal Savage is effectively immortal, I think he's learned not to rush things.



    I also noticed that it seems Beast Boy is the one collecting souvenirs this time.



    At least four of there members are immortal.


    Vandal Savage is 500K years old


    Al Ghul is a few hundred


    Brain is a brain properly preserved he could last almost as long


    Klarion is a Lord of Chaos so he may be around forever.



    I wonder if the Light actually moved to that corner of the galaxy and has now been massing forced to go Galactic domination?

    Edited on 04/30/2012 7:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of game_man1

    game_man1

    [54]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/03
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 258

    time skip is prolly temporary, like maybe just these first 2 episodes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of macabre6

    macabre6

    [55]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 02/15/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 16
    game_man1 wrote:

    time skip is prolly temporary, like maybe just these first 2 episodes.


    It's not temporary, this is it, the 5 next episodes will deal with Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy and Batgirl. So we have to deal with it, or...that sounds rather negative, again, I like the new characters, and actually, I am glad we got them. People have been asking about and wanting Wonder Girl to appear since before the show began airing, and now she's here, and people don't seem to care anymore, it's weird.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thribs

    thribs

    [56]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 271

    Why did they skip Jason? He's the coolest Robin after Damien.


    Why do all the voices seem to be way off? Brad Garett should be Lobo.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpiritOfNabu

    SpiritOfNabu

    [57]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 04/29/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    thribs wrote:

    Why did they skip Jason? He's the coolest Robin after Damien.


    Why do all the voices seem to be way off? Brad Garett should be Lobo.



    Probably because Jason has easily been either a villain or anti-hero.

    If he does show up, it wouldn't be to be on the team. Not to mention even if he was placed on the team, (when he never was in the comics) people would assume he is a mole or will betray the team at some point.

    The time skip is permanent. The video game due in 2013 will showcase the events between season 1 and season 2. There's also the Young Justice comics base don the TV show. Just don't get them confused with the Young Justice DC New 52 comics.

    I just want to know where Flash and Agualad are. Not to mention Red Arrow...

    Is it me or does anyone else want to extend the episodes to 42 minutes instead of 22?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [58]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,127
    macabre6 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    I have no doubt the 16 hours will be explained this season along with finding out what happened to all of our heroes from the first season and were they are now. Wally interests me, because Barry has taken center stage in the Flash series in comics and Wally has kind of just been pushed into obscurity Iam wondering if Wally is actually Flash now or if Barry is still Flash. Ever since Hal Jordan returned to the main GL in the comics most media have been using Hal and not Kyle, John, and Guy much. I am wondering if the same will happen with Flash. I guess there could be two Flashes running around now. It has been five years. Barry could have been killed or disappeared (if they don't want to kill him), Wally could have become Flash, and Barry returned, but Wally kept using the Flash identity and giving us two Flashes. But Tim has appeared Bart has not. Bart is not here does that mean Wally is still Kid. So many questions. Why no Bart? If they brought in Tim and Cassie it seems sort of weird to leave Bart out of it.


    OK time for me to get back on track. I am confident that the questionsthat were left open in season 1 will be answered like the 16 hours. Superboy and MM are in that sector of space so I am sure the answers to that mystry willbe revealed. The episode was good and with how it started it will draw an audience, like othershave already said.


    I would like to point out that, while most haveposted concernsabout the timeskip no one has really said anything badabout the actual episode itself. I just wanted to point that out because some people seem to think the majority of us hated the episode by our posts. The series isstill good IMO. Once it answers all these questions I will probably warm up to the timeskip.


    I don't know if you're referring to me as "some" or not, but when I said that I read a lot of hate towards this episode, I didn't mean this forum, but DC Animation Forum and especially Ask Greg which is just filled with complaints and attacks towards the new direction and Mr. Weisman himself. The haters may be vocal, but I agree that the majority seemed to like this episode, me included.
    I am sorry. I was referring to a few posters I saw on here asking us why so disliked the episode or why so much disgust. I knew you were referring to other message boards.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [59]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    thribs wrote:


    Why did they skip Jason? He's the coolest Robin after Damien.


    Why do all the voices seem to be way off? Brad Garett should be Lobo.


    Who said he was skipped? Maybe he's done his full service already. Heh.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ericwashere15

    ericwashere15

    [60]Apr 30, 2012
    • member since: 04/15/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,828
    SpiritOfNabu wrote:


    Is it me or does anyone else want to extend the episodes to 42 minutes instead of 22?



    I agree.

    I was re-watching the episode today and noticed that when the league showed up after Robin, Beetle and La'gan escaped the explosion, there is a new member of the league. He wears a mostly black uniform with blue parts and, if I'm recalling correctly, two lightning bolts running from the top of his abs to just under his collarbone. I believe he's black, but I can't remember 100%. Is that Static Shock, or somebody who I've never seen/heard of?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.