Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Happy New Year! (possible spoilers)

Loralee_jk

[61]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 38
    I know that. i just didn't think it'd take effect at 16.
    I've aged more in a week waiting for a new episode then he has in 5 years. I get 'not looking your age' b/c we're both 22 & look 17/18 but I still would pass for 16
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[62]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 28
    ericwashere15 wrote:
    SpiritOfNabu wrote:

Is it me or does anyone else want to extend the episodes to 42 minutes instead of 22?

I agree.

I was re-watching the episode today and noticed that when the league showed up after Robin, Beetle and La'gan escaped the explosion, there is a new member of the league. He wears a mostly black uniform with blue parts and, if I'm recalling correctly, two lightning bolts running from the top of his abs to just under his collarbone. I believe he's black, but I can't remember 100%. Is that Static Shock, or somebody who I've never seen/heard of?
    Black Lightning.

Loralee_jk

[63]Apr 30, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    DBTrilogy100 wrote:

Loralee_jk wrote:

Does SB not age? He looked pretty much the same!

Kryptonians physically age slower then Humans do, much like the Saiyans from the Dragonball Trilogy. I remember in the Batman Beyond Two Parter, The Call, Superman didn't look as old as one would expect and Bruce even said something along the lines of, "I could sure use that Kryptonian DNA."

readapost wrote:

I know I was shocked by all of it. I'm so glad Robin is Nightwing now and Beast Boy is back as well. Though the thing that made me go what in the world, was Miss Martian and Batgirl. I can't wait for more.

From the little we saw him, I like where they're going in regards to characterization for Nightwing, one can still tells it's the Robin from Season 1. I also look forward to seeing Batgirl and Beast Boy in action!

Hmm Kryptonians age slower? So that makes me wonder who would age faster? Miss Martian or Superboy? To be honest, I didn't even know the boy from image was Garfield. Thanks there are alot of cameos. I wonder if Vicky Vale will ever make one?

I know that. i just didn't think it'd take effect at 16.
    I've aged more in a week waiting for a new episode then he has in 5 years. I get 'not looking your age' b/c we're both 22 & look 17/18 but I still would pass for 16

Loralee_jk

[64]Apr 30, 2012
    Kindredtown wrote:

Loralee_jk wrote:

So where were Aqualan, Artemis, & Kid Flash???

I DEF. think Artemis is Catherine, the girl w the black hair that greeted Zantana & Rocket @ the door. Then Gordan did a little bio on her. Her voice WAS Artimis, but was that just b/c? Like how sh does the computer voice too? I think not. I very much believe that WAS Artemis!
    So Robins 19, Superboy, Artemis & Kid flash would all be 21. Does SB not age? He looked pretty much the same!
    I like 19 year old Robin!
    And why did SB & Miss Martian break up? HE accepted her when she was white! And then she left him? DON'T LIKE HER ANYMORE!
    However after seeing Rocket give Aqualad that kiss on the cheeck after everyone else was sucking face, very cute! What a lady!

OMG ALSO!!! I THINK I SAW LOIS LANE!!!
    When everyone was in the water one of the first people to pop up was a woman w black hair & looked like she could be a news reporter. AKA LOIS!
    I was like OMG That's Y Superman showed up! To get his lady!...but then everyone showed up..Flashback to Ep 1...If it IS Lois, I wonder is Superman can just take her & no one will notice?

Just rewatched the episode. It's not Artemis. It's her voice actress though. The character in question, however is an actual comic character.

And I don't think that's Lois. Was just some random civilian.

That makes me sad!!!! I want Lois....Now I think SB, MM, & Robin I r somehom responsible, for either Artemis being evil/or leacing, ot the other 2 missing ppl leaving :'(

RaizenYusuke

[65]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 28
    I doubt Superboy's slow aging process will start any time soon. Remember Clark aged the same pace as his frieds in Smallville, Lana and Pete. I think Conner will age t the same rate as normal people until he reaches his physical prime.

minicart

[66]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 1

Nightwing....Nightwing...Nightwing..Nightwing.Nightwing.Night.wing.

So pretty much Nightwing has become one of my favorite DC chars in the last couple years and been dying to see some Nightwing in a show/dvd movie (still waiting for animated Nightwing movie =/) AND HERE HE IS! Though I think he could have tried to sound a bit older (to me he sounds too much like the 13/14 year old) I enjoyed watching him take charge.

As for the rest of the episode, loved it. I don't really have much more to add that others haven't already said and I pretty much just wanted to post my excitement for Nightwing =p

Loralee_jk

[67]May 2, 2012

I have read no spoilers!! I need some! Who knows a good site to get some??!?!?!

TylerA46

[68]May 3, 2012
    • level: 11

I don't like insect heroes.

About SB's change. He bulked up.

Edited on 05/03/2012 2:07pm

edmasterchaos

[69]May 3, 2012
    • level: 41
    Every time someone says SB i just think you're talking about SpongeBob

DiamondHead1830

[70]May 4, 2012
    • level: 16
    TylerA46 wrote:

I don't like insect heroes.

About SB's change. He bulked up.

I noticed this too when he ran in the sewer, I also noticed a small attire change, not sure the exact change, but something is different.

Kindredtown

[71]May 5, 2012
    • level: 3

Yeah he has gloves now and I think his boots changed a bit.

stevie4eva

[72]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 2

the whole time i was torn between crying and yelling

pros

beast boy was adorable, i liked seeing cass, and babs fight together, i liked seeing some of the less animated characers like lagaan, and newsflash nightwing is hot

cons(instead of boring you all to death ill just let out my top three)

artemis, wally, and kaldur were not mentioned at all -poor choice to start off the season by dropping them off completely-we know from the video game somebody dies, i think its either artemis or wally.

they skipped jason todd. yes he is violant and his death is not appropreat. but since they have already alterd characters for the dc nation they could have made him more appropriate for this audience. they skipped him and then gave tim some of his personality and the way people spoke to him would have been more sutable for jason. they have total different personalities there should be no confusion. tim is not somebody who needs to be told not to take unnesesary risks. jason is. a lot of people think that it was a refference to jason, but i think it was a reference to the character who died off screen. i am going to be sad if he isn't mentioned at all in the futer

superboy and mm were the cutest thing since sliced bread. if we had seen the break up on screen it might be okay, but they just cut out my heart and sole. if your going to brake up a mane couple you need to do it on screen so everybody could see it.

im going to stick with the show. if its going to be just me complaining im going to give up on the show. i hope they have to go back in time to fix something. i hope the time skip isn't permement