Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official YJ Cancellation Thread

pokemonmonmon

[1]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 5

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/young-justice-green-lantern-canceled.html

Edited on 01/28/2013 1:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

noelrk

[2]Jan 28, 2013

Excuse me while I mope.

JLU51306

[3]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 18
    I can't recommend enough people to sign this petition to renew Young Justice. Spread the word:

https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-continue-young-justice#share

dragon22a

[4]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 32

I am hoping that, if possible, the Hub will pick up this and Green Lantern. They have had success with reruns of Batman TAS and Superman TAS and these shows would help to build their line-up of original programming. Also, with Green Lantern, they would have a show similar in animation style to Transformers Prime.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 28
    This sucks. Both of them were good shows. I am pissed. CN took both shows off the air for 3 months and didn't even show re-runs. This series has been screwed by CN with long hiatuses. DC's Nations dead. I guess it is time to face facts. Comic book superheroes have no future with CN anymore.

actressrene

[6]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 1
    That sounds about right. I personally think that Cartoon Network should relinquish their rights to the show and the creators should find another network to air the show on if they continue the treatment of this.

actressrene

[7]Jan 29, 2013
    But believe me when I say that I'll be spreading the word and that'll they hear from me. The headquarters is not far from my house so I do't a reason to give them a little visit.

actressrene

[8]Jan 29, 2013
    Just spoke to the director. He said not enough viewers for the show and that the next two months are crucial for it to continue past season 2.

docsav1

[9]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 8
    How can they have more viewers when the Cartoon Network pulls it off the schedule at the drop of the hat, then they hardly promote it. They burn me up.

pokemonmonmon

[10]Jan 30, 2013

i agree with you all 100% it was the crappy scheduling that killed this shows viewers. what i dont understand is why theyre removing this to replace it with other dc shows.(batman and teen titans go) especially with the fnatastic ratings its been getting. pathetic. congratulations cn, youve sunk your own ship yet AGAIN.

the least they couldve done is shown reruns or give some explanation as to why they would air 2 episodes, and then go on a 1 month hiatus.

theyre even getting rid of clone wars which is definitely one of the highest rated shows on that network. ive only seen a few episodes but it must be getting fanatastic ratings for it to have been around this long

JLU51306 wrote:
    I can't recommend enough people to sign this petition to renew Young Justice. Spread the word: https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-continue-young-justice#share
    unfortunately petitions dont speak money does. in order for this show to stay, it would have to get an increased amount of viewers and/or increased amount of merchandise sales.

Edited on 01/30/2013 1:17pm

MadV

[11]Jan 30, 2013

WTF man, this is the ONLY cartoon i watch and on top all of the hiatuses; they're going to cancel it!? F*ck cartoon network.It's been in such a downward spiral for years now.

justliam

[12]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 6

Someone needs to teach the networks that dvr's have a tool called season pass which often works by the show title. After season 1 I had a season pass on directv dvr for young justice. I watched three season n loved it. Then about a year later I did a search for the word justice to lookfor a new justice league movie. Instead of finding that I found young justice: invasion. Which turned out was about 8 episodes into season 2 however I didn't know n didn't record because the dvr was looking for the same title as season 1. Not a brand new title of the series. ?. Normally I wud think it was pretty creative except this time it screwed me n probably many others. If there gonna change the title of a show after season 1, perhaps promote it on other channels besides the 1 it airs on.

Marvel is gonna win n it sucks!

ericwashere15

[13]Jan 31, 2013
    • level: 15

pokemonmonmon wrote:
    theyre even getting rid of clone wars which is definitely one of the highest rated shows on that network. ive only seen a few episodes but it must be getting fanatastic ratings for it to have been around this long.

That actually may have to do with Disney acquiring Star Wars.

actressrene

[14]Feb 1, 2013
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

i agree with you all 100% it was the crappy scheduling that killed this shows viewers. what i dont understand is why theyre removing this to replace it with other dc shows.(batman and teen titans go) especially with the fnatastic ratings its been getting. pathetic. congratulations cn, youve sunk your own ship yet AGAIN.

the least they couldve done is shown reruns or give some explanation as to why they would air 2 episodes, and then go on a 1 month hiatus.

theyre even getting rid of clone wars which is definitely one of the highest rated shows on that network. ive only seen a few episodes but it must be getting fanatastic ratings for it to have been around this long

JLU51306 wrote:
    I can't recommend enough people to sign this petition to renew Young Justice. Spread the word: https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-continue-young-justice#share
    unfortunately petitions dont speak money does. in order for this show to stay, it would have to get an increased amount of viewers and/or increased amount of merchandise sales.

Here's some posts I highly recommend you read immediately:

http://helpsaveourheroes.tumblr.com/post/41947531963/invasion-team-needed
    http://helpsaveourheroes.tumblr.com/post/41946701170/official-plan-of-action-how-to-save-our-shows

rossaale

[15]Feb 2, 2013

we got to stand up and fight for our show, i love young justice to much!!! we need tosigna potistion, telling them we want the show and were not going to loose it so easily!!! whos with me?

rossaale

[16]Feb 2, 2013

sorry meant "to sign a"

Kindredtown

[17]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 3

I was going to try and head downtown to their headquarters today, but then I found out that they aren't exactly cancelling the shows. It's just that they don't know at the moment when they'd be able to put them back on the air. Scheduling conflicts and all that.

MadV

[18]Feb 2, 2013

Another hiatus, lovely!

ericwashere15

[19]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 15

Hiatus > Cancellation.

I figured it was a schedule problem, with YJ and GL returning when Batman and TT finished up with their first seasons. If Omniverse can escape being cancelled, YJ shouldn't even be under consideration (Not saying Omniverse is a terrible show, but they really need to stop with the filler).

With Clone Wars moving to Disney, that opens up one timeslot.

Kindredtown

[20]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 3

I forgot that Disney owned Star Wars now so it makes sense for Clone Wars moving over there. Perhaps they don't want to push DC Nation to two hours. As much as I loved Teen Titans I don't think Teen Titans Go! would be a good show. It really seems to be a thing that would be better for shorts and not an actual show. It makes DC Nation also seem less serious than it is. I rather continue having Young Justice air than TT Go!.