Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official YJ Cancellation Thread

  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [21]Feb 2, 2013
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,088
    Kindredtown wrote:

    I forgot that Disney owned Star Wars now so it makes sense for Clone Wars moving over there. Perhaps they don't want to push DC Nation to two hours. As much as I loved Teen Titans I don't think Teen Titans Go! would be a good show. It really seems to be a thing that would be better for shorts and not an actual show. It makes DC Nation also seem less serious than it is. I rather continue having Young Justice air than TT Go!.

    I agree. TT Go at best should remain shorts in between GL and YJ shows. I am not sure they can do well in 20 minute show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [22]Feb 2, 2013
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    Really sad to hear that this has been cancelled, but I suspected it for a while. In the end, it chalks down to CN's terrible promotion and marketing of the series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TylerA46

    TylerA46

    [23]Feb 3, 2013
    • member since: 01/26/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 391

    Glad it ends, ridiculous, how stupid and weak the good guys are.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MadV

    MadV

    [24]Feb 3, 2013
    • member since: 05/12/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 10

    More hiatuses means a bigger chance of it getting cancelled

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ericwashere15

    ericwashere15

    [25]Feb 3, 2013
    • member since: 04/15/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,828

    TylerA46 wrote:


    Glad it ends, ridiculous, how stupid and weak the good guys are.



    Not stupid, nor weak, are the heroes. Unlike villains, heroes still have to abide by some laws, which is how the Reach is defeating them.


    They only seem stupid because the Light and the Reach scheme in the shadows, and have no qualm with eliminating any body not vital to their plan who disagrees with them. They only seem weak because said villains are massive in number with a plethora of different abilities.


    It definitely doesn't help that the heroes are split amongst themselves, as well as being scattered on the planet and facing different emotional and physical crisis'.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [26]Feb 4, 2013
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    ericwashere15 wrote:


    Hiatus > Cancellation.


    I figured it was a schedule problem, with YJ and GL returning when Batman and TT finished up with their first seasons. If Omniverse can escape being cancelled, YJ shouldn't even be under consideration (Not saying Omniverse is a terrible show, but they really need to stop with the filler).


    With Clone Wars moving to Disney, that opens up one timeslot.


    if theres one thing i learned from cartoonnetwork by nwo its that they care about money and ONLY money. if a cartoon isnt making as much money as they want it to, it WILL get cancelled. even if its a quality show. the only other thing that would prevent them from cancelling a show is if they had FULL control over it




    Kindredtown wrote:


    I forgot that Disney owned Star Wars now so it makes sense for Clone Wars moving over there. Perhaps they don't want to push DC Nation to two hours. As much as I loved Teen Titans I don't think Teen Titans Go! would be a good show. It really seems to be a thing that would be better for shorts and not an actual show. It makes DC Nation also seem less serious than it is. I rather continue having Young Justice air than TT Go!.


    i agree 100% if theyre going to make a new titans based of the old one they could simply continue the old one with a new name. thats basically what theyve been doing with ben 10





    TylerA46 wrote:


    Glad it ends, ridiculous, how stupid and weak the good guys are.


    to add on to what eric said you have to realize a lot of the new heroes are children and dont have full control of their powers yet. look at the newest additions like static, and ty they just recently became heroes and are already gaining control of their powers. i personally think they are doing well considering that theyre still developing their powers


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BrokenArrow1119

    BrokenArrow1119

    [27]Feb 4, 2013
    • member since: 01/12/13
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 4
    Vortex would be better IMO
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [28]Feb 10, 2013
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,474

    Vortex would be terrible. They've been watering down JLU. this show is at times darker than JLU. I'd rather they let the Hub pick it up as even there they don't water the shows down as much.



    ericwashere15 wrote:


    TylerA46 wrote:


    Glad it ends, ridiculous, how stupid and weak the good guys are.



    Not stupid, nor weak, are the heroes. Unlike villains, heroes still have to abide by some laws, which is how the Reach is defeating them.


    They only seem stupid because the Light and the Reach scheme in the shadows, and have no qualm with eliminating any body not vital to their plan who disagrees with them. They only seem weak because said villains are massive in number with a plethora of different abilities.


    It definitely doesn't help that the heroes are split amongst themselves, as well as being scattered on the planet and facing different emotional and physical crisis'.


    Probably just a troll. If the heroes were always dominating, then the show would get boring and stale. And since it's focusing on the younger heroes, than the adults, of course they aren't going to be as strong. If 'you'(in general) don't like it, there's other shows to watch.

    Edited on 02/10/2013 11:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of snake63

    snake63

    [29]Feb 10, 2013
    • member since: 10/19/03
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 316

    If Young Justice doesn't get closure with The Reach and the return of the Justice League then Cartoon Network is finished. No one should watch Cartoon Network anymore.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of snake63

    snake63

    [30]Feb 10, 2013
    • member since: 10/19/03
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 316

    If Disney XD was smart they should create a Saturday action block with The Clone Wars, The Avengers, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. It will demolish Cartoon Network.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [31]Feb 10, 2013
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    snake63 wrote:


    If Disney XD was smart they should create a Saturday action block with The Clone Wars, The Avengers, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. It will demolish Cartoon Network.


    fantastic four has been attempted in the past recent years but it ended up only lasting a few seasons.


    they already have a spiderman/avengers block but the avengers has been recently cancelled.


    as for the clone wars we might be seeing it on disney xd sometime this year seeing as how cartoonnetwork is giving it up after this current season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [32]Feb 16, 2013
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,474
    I think he means the new avengers show. And yeah much as I enjoyed the season 2 eps of ironman and the fantastic four, it seems like people don't really care for those shows like they do xmen, Spider-Man, etc. the fantastic four that aired on cn was ok, but they overused dr doom and to me was subpar overall. I am hoping the new hulk show does well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [33]Feb 16, 2013
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,088

    I hope some one else buys the YJ and GL rights from CN and air it. If someone like Hub bought both shows I think they would flourish on that network. Cartoon Network isn't adventurous enough for either YJ or GL. They haven't tried airing re-runs of the show on different times to try to get more ratings. Instead of Movie Saturdays they could air repeats of Young Justice and Green Lantern. They could even air reruns on the week day afternoons after school, like they used to do with Toonami block. I don't know what happened, but CN doesn't want experiment anymore to get more ratings.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [34]Feb 16, 2013
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    MajLorne wrote:
    I think he means the new avengers show. And yeah much as I enjoyed the season 2 eps of ironman and the fantastic four, it seems like people don't really care for those shows like they do xmen, Spider-Man, etc. the fantastic four that aired on cn was ok, but they overused dr doom and to me was subpar overall. I am hoping the new hulk show does well.
    yea i know he was talking about the new avengers show that comes on on disney XD. it was cancelled last year so now they only air reruns. unfortunately it seems that comic cartoons in general just dont do that well anymore :/




    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    I hope some one else buys the YJ and GL rights from CN and air it. If someone like Hub bought both shows I think they would flourish on that network. Cartoon Network isn't adventurous enough for either YJ or GL. They haven't tried airing re-runs of the show on different times to try to get more ratings. Instead of Movie Saturdays they could air repeats of Young Justice and Green Lantern. They could even air reruns on the week day afternoons after school, like they used to do with Toonami block. I don't know what happened, but CN doesn't want experiment anymore to get more ratings.


    if theres one thing ive learned from watching cartoonnetwork in recent years, its that they have HORRIBLE management. starting from around 2006/2007 they quality of their cartoons slowly started to derail to the point where their good stuff is now in the minority. bad marketing + bad management = cartoonnetwork. i remember there was a time i could be able to watch cartoonnetwork ALL DAY. ah well guess we cant dwell on the past


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [35]Feb 16, 2013
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,474
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    I hope some one else buys the YJ and GL rights from CN and air it. If someone like Hub bought both shows I think they would flourish on that network. Cartoon Network isn't adventurous enough for either YJ or GL. They haven't tried airing re-runs of the show on different times to try to get more ratings. Instead of Movie Saturdays they could air repeats of Young Justice and Green Lantern. They could even air reruns on the week day afternoons after school, like they used to do with Toonami block. I don't know what happened, but CN doesn't want experiment anymore to get more ratings.

    much as I like cowboy bebop and inuyasha, but they don't need 1 hour blocks for both of them. They could fit those 2 shows in there somewhere. I also agree about the movies, they could reair the shows on prime time than the same hours on Sunday. Hub would be perfect: transformers prime, gl, yj.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [36]Feb 16, 2013
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,088
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

    MajLorne wrote:
    I think he means the new avengers show. And yeah much as I enjoyed the season 2 eps of ironman and the fantastic four, it seems like people don't really care for those shows like they do xmen, Spider-Man, etc. the fantastic four that aired on cn was ok, but they overused dr doom and to me was subpar overall. I am hoping the new hulk show does well.
    yea i know he was talking about the new avengers show that comes on on disney XD. it was cancelled last year so now they only air reruns. unfortunately it seems that comic cartoons in general just dont do that well anymore :/




    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    I hope some one else buys the YJ and GL rights from CN and air it. If someone like Hub bought both shows I think they would flourish on that network. Cartoon Network isn't adventurous enough for either YJ or GL. They haven't tried airing re-runs of the show on different times to try to get more ratings. Instead of Movie Saturdays they could air repeats of Young Justice and Green Lantern. They could even air reruns on the week day afternoons after school, like they used to do with Toonami block. I don't know what happened, but CN doesn't want experiment anymore to get more ratings.


    if theres one thing ive learned from watching cartoonnetwork in recent years, its that they have HORRIBLE management. starting from around 2006/2007 they quality of their cartoons slowly started to derail to the point where their good stuff is now in the minority. bad marketing + bad management = cartoonnetwork. i remember there was a time i could be able to watch cartoonnetwork ALL DAY. ah well guess we cant dwell on the past


    He doesn't mean Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Disney XD is making another new Avengers series called Avengers Assemble. It supposed to come out in the near future.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [37]Feb 20, 2013
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    whats the point of cancelling and remaking it? i guess itll probably be more kid friendly and most likely be based on the movie that came out last year.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajLorne

    MajLorne

    [38]Feb 21, 2013
    • member since: 01/31/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 3,474

    That and I think one of the ppl is jeph loeb, who gave us the crap that is ultimate Spider-Man. Yost and his team did wonders with avengers emh. It's a shame to see that show go for this. I can only hope it doesn't have the stupid crap of ultimate Spider-Man, but still not happy about the circumstance of the new show.

    Edited on 02/21/2013 8:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of snake63

    snake63

    [39]Feb 23, 2013
    • member since: 10/19/03
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 316

    Don't count on any other network picking up Young Justice or Green Lantern. Both are own by Time Warner who owns DC Comics and Cartoon Network.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of EugeneSchreck1

    EugeneSchreck1

    [40]Feb 24, 2013
    • member since: 08/25/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 3
    I now kind of hope Teen Titans Go! fails horribly (just not a fan of teen titans) and they give the spot back to Young Justice
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.