Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official YJ Cancellation Thread

RaizenYusuke

[21]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 28
    Kindredtown wrote:

I forgot that Disney owned Star Wars now so it makes sense for Clone Wars moving over there. Perhaps they don't want to push DC Nation to two hours. As much as I loved Teen Titans I don't think Teen Titans Go! would be a good show. It really seems to be a thing that would be better for shorts and not an actual show. It makes DC Nation also seem less serious than it is. I rather continue having Young Justice air than TT Go!.

I agree. TT Go at best should remain shorts in between GL and YJ shows. I am not sure they can do well in 20 minute show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[22]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 26
    Really sad to hear that this has been cancelled, but I suspected it for a while. In the end, it chalks down to CN's terrible promotion and marketing of the series.

TylerA46

[23]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 11

Glad it ends, ridiculous, how stupid and weak the good guys are.

MadV

[24]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 1

More hiatuses means a bigger chance of it getting cancelled

ericwashere15

[25]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 15

TylerA46 wrote:

Not stupid, nor weak, are the heroes. Unlike villains, heroes still have to abide by some laws, which is how the Reach is defeating them.

They only seem stupid because the Light and the Reach scheme in the shadows, and have no qualm with eliminating any body not vital to their plan who disagrees with them. They only seem weak because said villains are massive in number with a plethora of different abilities.

It definitely doesn't help that the heroes are split amongst themselves, as well as being scattered on the planet and facing different emotional and physical crisis'.

pokemonmonmon

[26]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 5

ericwashere15 wrote:

Hiatus > Cancellation.

I figured it was a schedule problem, with YJ and GL returning when Batman and TT finished up with their first seasons. If Omniverse can escape being cancelled, YJ shouldn't even be under consideration (Not saying Omniverse is a terrible show, but they really need to stop with the filler).

With Clone Wars moving to Disney, that opens up one timeslot.

if theres one thing i learned from cartoonnetwork by nwo its that they care about money and ONLY money. if a cartoon isnt making as much money as they want it to, it WILL get cancelled. even if its a quality show. the only other thing that would prevent them from cancelling a show is if they had FULL control over it

Kindredtown wrote:

I forgot that Disney owned Star Wars now so it makes sense for Clone Wars moving over there. Perhaps they don't want to push DC Nation to two hours. As much as I loved Teen Titans I don't think Teen Titans Go! would be a good show. It really seems to be a thing that would be better for shorts and not an actual show. It makes DC Nation also seem less serious than it is. I rather continue having Young Justice air than TT Go!.

i agree 100% if theyre going to make a new titans based of the old one they could simply continue the old one with a new name. thats basically what theyve been doing with ben 10

TylerA46 wrote:

to add on to what eric said you have to realize a lot of the new heroes are children and dont have full control of their powers yet. look at the newest additions like static, and ty they just recently became heroes and are already gaining control of their powers. i personally think they are doing well considering that theyre still developing their powers

BrokenArrow1119

[27]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 2
    Vortex would be better IMO

MajLorne

[28]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 21

Vortex would be terrible. They've been watering down JLU. this show is at times darker than JLU. I'd rather they let the Hub pick it up as even there they don't water the shows down as much.

ericwashere15 wrote:

TylerA46 wrote:

Not stupid, nor weak, are the heroes. Unlike villains, heroes still have to abide by some laws, which is how the Reach is defeating them.

They only seem stupid because the Light and the Reach scheme in the shadows, and have no qualm with eliminating any body not vital to their plan who disagrees with them. They only seem weak because said villains are massive in number with a plethora of different abilities.

It definitely doesn't help that the heroes are split amongst themselves, as well as being scattered on the planet and facing different emotional and physical crisis'.

Probably just a troll. If the heroes were always dominating, then the show would get boring and stale. And since it's focusing on the younger heroes, than the adults, of course they aren't going to be as strong. If 'you'(in general) don't like it, there's other shows to watch.

Edited on 02/10/2013 11:01am

snake63

[29]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 20

If Young Justice doesn't get closure with The Reach and the return of the Justice League then Cartoon Network is finished. No one should watch Cartoon Network anymore.

snake63

[30]Feb 10, 2013

If Disney XD was smart they should create a Saturday action block with The Clone Wars, The Avengers, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. It will demolish Cartoon Network.

pokemonmonmon

[31]Feb 10, 2013

snake63 wrote:

If Disney XD was smart they should create a Saturday action block with The Clone Wars, The Avengers, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. It will demolish Cartoon Network.

fantastic four has been attempted in the past recent years but it ended up only lasting a few seasons.

they already have a spiderman/avengers block but the avengers has been recently cancelled.

as for the clone wars we might be seeing it on disney xd sometime this year seeing as how cartoonnetwork is giving it up after this current season.

MajLorne

[32]Feb 16, 2013
    I think he means the new avengers show. And yeah much as I enjoyed the season 2 eps of ironman and the fantastic four, it seems like people don't really care for those shows like they do xmen, Spider-Man, etc. the fantastic four that aired on cn was ok, but they overused dr doom and to me was subpar overall. I am hoping the new hulk show does well.

RaizenYusuke

[33]Feb 16, 2013

I hope some one else buys the YJ and GL rights from CN and air it. If someone like Hub bought both shows I think they would flourish on that network. Cartoon Network isn't adventurous enough for either YJ or GL. They haven't tried airing re-runs of the show on different times to try to get more ratings. Instead of Movie Saturdays they could air repeats of Young Justice and Green Lantern. They could even air reruns on the week day afternoons after school, like they used to do with Toonami block. I don't know what happened, but CN doesn't want experiment anymore to get more ratings.

pokemonmonmon

[34]Feb 16, 2013

MajLorne wrote:
    I think he means the new avengers show. And yeah much as I enjoyed the season 2 eps of ironman and the fantastic four, it seems like people don't really care for those shows like they do xmen, Spider-Man, etc. the fantastic four that aired on cn was ok, but they overused dr doom and to me was subpar overall. I am hoping the new hulk show does well.
    yea i know he was talking about the new avengers show that comes on on disney XD. it was cancelled last year so now they only air reruns. unfortunately it seems that comic cartoons in general just dont do that well anymore :/

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I hope some one else buys the YJ and GL rights from CN and air it. If someone like Hub bought both shows I think they would flourish on that network. Cartoon Network isn't adventurous enough for either YJ or GL. They haven't tried airing re-runs of the show on different times to try to get more ratings. Instead of Movie Saturdays they could air repeats of Young Justice and Green Lantern. They could even air reruns on the week day afternoons after school, like they used to do with Toonami block. I don't know what happened, but CN doesn't want experiment anymore to get more ratings.

if theres one thing ive learned from watching cartoonnetwork in recent years, its that they have HORRIBLE management. starting from around 2006/2007 they quality of their cartoons slowly started to derail to the point where their good stuff is now in the minority. bad marketing + bad management = cartoonnetwork. i remember there was a time i could be able to watch cartoonnetwork ALL DAY. ah well guess we cant dwell on the past

MajLorne

[35]Feb 16, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

much as I like cowboy bebop and inuyasha, but they don't need 1 hour blocks for both of them. They could fit those 2 shows in there somewhere. I also agree about the movies, they could reair the shows on prime time than the same hours on Sunday. Hub would be perfect: transformers prime, gl, yj.

RaizenYusuke

[36]Feb 16, 2013
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

MajLorne wrote:
    yea i know he was talking about the new avengers show that comes on on disney XD. it was cancelled last year so now they only air reruns. unfortunately it seems that comic cartoons in general just dont do that well anymore :/

RaizenYusuke wrote:

if theres one thing ive learned from watching cartoonnetwork in recent years, its that they have HORRIBLE management. starting from around 2006/2007 they quality of their cartoons slowly started to derail to the point where their good stuff is now in the minority. bad marketing + bad management = cartoonnetwork. i remember there was a time i could be able to watch cartoonnetwork ALL DAY. ah well guess we cant dwell on the past

He doesn't mean Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Disney XD is making another new Avengers series called Avengers Assemble. It supposed to come out in the near future.

pokemonmonmon

[37]Feb 20, 2013

whats the point of cancelling and remaking it? i guess itll probably be more kid friendly and most likely be based on the movie that came out last year.

MajLorne

[38]Feb 21, 2013

That and I think one of the ppl is jeph loeb, who gave us the crap that is ultimate Spider-Man. Yost and his team did wonders with avengers emh. It's a shame to see that show go for this. I can only hope it doesn't have the stupid crap of ultimate Spider-Man, but still not happy about the circumstance of the new show.

Edited on 02/21/2013 8:38pm

snake63

[39]Feb 23, 2013

Don't count on any other network picking up Young Justice or Green Lantern. Both are own by Time Warner who owns DC Comics and Cartoon Network.

EugeneSchreck1

[40]Feb 24, 2013
    • level: 3
    I now kind of hope Teen Titans Go! fails horribly (just not a fan of teen titans) and they give the spot back to Young Justice