Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official YJ Cancellation Thread

MadV

[41]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 1

EugeneSchreck1 wrote:
    I now kind of hope Teen Titans Go! fails horribly (just not a fan of teen titans) and they give the spot back to Young Justice

I can see it being cancelled fairly quickly. I mean, almost every fan of the original are already complaining. I just can't see why they are replacing YJ with TTG! It's bound to have horrible ratings, and they should already know that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[42]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 21
    Then again this is the same network that still has 'the annoying orange'. I have no hope for cn anymore. The adult swim portion is the only reason to stay with cn, otherwise it should be avoided at all costs.

RaizenYusuke

[43]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 28
    Teen Titans Go is only happening because people liked those little shorts on DC nation. But those were like 2 or 3 minute shorts that were amusing to watch during a commercial break. I don't think it can sustain a whole series though. It kind of blows. At least with the 2003 Titans while it was goofy and did slap stick at times it had some strong storylines and character development that made it popular. Now they are bringing it back with only the goofy and comedy part. Young Justice was on for 3 years now, but the constant long breakers makes it feel so much shorter. I wish they had waited for the video game to come out and test the sales for that before deciding to cancel it. They could have made a toy deal to try to drum up money. That was how they used to do it in the old days.

roweantarts

[44]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 16
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Teen Titans Go is only happening because people liked those little shorts on DC nation. But those were like 2 or 3 minute shorts that were amusing to watch during a commercial break. I don't think it can sustain a whole series though. It kind of blows. At least with the 2003 Titans while it was goofy and did slap stick at times it had some strong storylines and character development that made it popular. Now they are bringing it back with only the goofy and comedy part. Young Justice was on for 3 years now, but the constant long breakers makes it feel so much shorter. I wish they had waited for the video game to come out and test the sales for that before deciding to cancel it. They could have made a toy deal to try to drum up money. That was how they used to do it in the old days.

And most likely Teen Titans toys sold well. From what I heard YJ toy sales were a flop (probably due to its more adult audience appeal)

RentonElric

[45]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 32

There's a way to save Young Justice. Go to young justice wiki and there will be a Letter Writing Campaign to have us save Young Justice to bring a third season so we can have a new season. We can save Young Justice! So got to the site!

RaizenYusuke

[46]Mar 4, 2013
    roweantarts wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

And most likely Teen Titans toys sold well. From what I heard YJ toy sales were a flop (probably due to its more adult audience appeal)
    I wasn't aware YJ had toys for sale. I've never seen any advertising for them. Well if toy sells bombed that pretty much means CN isn't making money off of it and its dead.

pokemonmonmon

[47]Mar 5, 2013
    • level: 5

EugeneSchreck1 wrote:
    I now kind of hope Teen Titans Go! fails horribly (just not a fan of teen titans) and they give the spot back to Young Justice
    if i were to judge the show based on the shorts i think its safe to say it probably wont do well but even if it doesnt, young justice wont be making a comeback. it simply did not make enough money for cartoonnetwork to keep it despite its good ratimngs

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    agree 100% thats the problem with mature quality cartoons. mature audiences means toys wont sell which means inevitable cancellation thus is the fate of quality cartoons lol

RentonElric wrote:

There's a way to save Young Justice. Go to young justice wiki and there will be a Letter Writing Campaign to have us save Young Justice to bring a third season so we can have a new season. We can save Young Justice! So got to the site!

petitions dont talk only money does

kanniballl

[48]Mar 6, 2013
    • level: 18

pokemonmonmon wrote:

EugeneSchreck1 wrote:
    if i were to judge the show based on the shorts i think its safe to say it probably wont do well but even if it doesnt, young justice wont be making a comeback. it simply did not make enough money for cartoonnetwork to keep it despite its good ratimngs

God, I hope Teen Titans Go isn't as lame as the shorts. Those are just jokes / gags with the original voice actors. Like Looney Tunes bits, with Teen Titans instead of Road Runner and Wil I Coyote

If that's what the new show is going to be, I definitely won't be watching them.

MadV

[49]Mar 6, 2013

Not many people will watch it , for long anyway.

MadV

[50]Mar 6, 2013

MadV wrote:

Not many people will watch it , for long anyway.

Though I've been proven wrong plenty of times..

bob2282

[51]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 12

I'm with you I hope Teen Titans go and Beware the Batman has horrible ratings. MAYBE THAT'S THE KEY, to shun both of those shows to let the CN brass now what a huge mistake they made by not giving our shows a chance for further development of story and characters

PlainsHobbit

[52]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 3

bob2282 wrote:

I'm with you I hope Teen Titans go and Beware the Batman has horrible ratings. MAYBE THAT'S THE KEY, to shun both of those shows to let the CN brass now what a huge mistake they made by not giving our shows a chance for further development of story and characters

I'm afraid they would be more likely to simply decide that DC Nation was a waste of time and cease developing DC based shows all together. Until, that is, a few years down the road when they would agree to take it out of storage again for another show that would either be inferior or barely get a chance to shine before they abandoned that one, too.

I feel sorriest for the people who pour their hearts and souls into making these shows and then have their creations taken away from them by money hungry execs who couldn't care less.

Edited on 03/09/2013 9:41am

pokemonmonmon

[53]Mar 10, 2013

PlainsHobbit wrote:

bob2282 wrote:

I'm afraid they would be more likely to simply decide that DC Nation was a waste of time and cease developing DC based shows all together. Until, that is, a few years down the road when they would agree to take it out of storage again for another show that would either be inferior or barely get a chance to shine before they abandoned that one, too.

I feel sorriest for the people who pour their hearts and souls into making these shows and then have their creations taken away from them by money hungry execs who couldn't care less.

exactly

EugeneSchreck1

[54]Mar 11, 2013
    Well with the star wars show be cancelled maybe they'll put YJ in it's place (one can hope)

RaizenYusuke

[55]Mar 12, 2013

I don't think Star Wars being cancelled will change their minds. At this point the only thing that could probably save it is if the video games sells exceedingly well. Maybe Beware Batman will be really good. If the Man of Steel does great in theaters we could see WB/CN make a new Superman series in the near future. As for YJ, well maybe the YJ team will get to finish the story in the comics based on the show. It is not ideal to have it finish off in a comic, but it would at least better than it being totally cancelled.

Edited on 03/12/2013 5:06pm

pokemonmonmon

[56]Mar 13, 2013

i read somewhere online that the comics were getting cancelled too D:

MadV

[57]Mar 15, 2013

Tomorrow is the last day, had a good run. RIP.

roweantarts

[58]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 16
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

i read somewhere online that the comics were getting cancelled too D:

Correct, they've already released the last issue, Greg Weisman has moved onto his book, but we apparently will see some work of his as a guest writer for Beware the Batman (source: askgreg) Teen Titans Go most likely won't appeal to me, Beware the Batman, while I don't care much for the premise, I did like the comic strip they had in the DC nation magazine, so I'll give it a chance.

MajLorne

[59]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 21

And so it ends...
    ***SPOILER***

Edited on 03/16/2013 8:35am

gr297689

[60]Mar 16, 2013

Goodbye my LOVE!! You will be missed.....maybe we'll see you again sometime...a boy can dream can't he? CAN"T HE? Beware of the Batman looks really really terrible!! The villains look like they're all new made from scratch so I got a good feeling at what we'll be getting here. You see CN is equivalent to a cigarette company trying to get kids to like cigarettes early on from a very early age so when they get older BAMO cigaretto's here they come, remember candy cigarettes, they made fake smoke with powder sugar? Yes I do and I smoke now because of em, its true.....we'll maybe not but still, that is what CN is doing, every so often they put out our favorite characters in a really lame super kiddy version to ensure there product (Comic Book Superheroes) is safe for years to come....They probably figured this out when people my age grew up(or got older LOL) on the Super Friends and early Spider-Man cartoons which evolved into them becoming Saturday morning cartoons ie Super Friends Guardian of the Galaxy and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Then again later on they made their Super Heroes a little more sophisticated and we all gathered round the boob tube again and enjoyed our favorite fruits in tights! So, they now have to protect their investments and get the little kiddy's hooked....but what they fail to recognize is that they don't need to be that awful, my nephew watches YJ with me but he loses a bit of his train of thought throughout but not much....he loves watching all the Spiderman cartoons on Netflix as well, meh he says he can do without early Spiderman and Spidey and his Amazing Friends and skips right to Spiderman from the 90's, which is the best besides the new one; and he's only 6.

Okee Doke, so we already know that CN is making room for really crappy cartoons but we all thinks that with Man of Steel movie coming out we will be getting something more on ole Supes later on. For the love of god do they have to always try to mimic exactly what the costume looks like in the movie to the cartoon?? or on toys?? Sometimes, meaning all of the time, its just better that 'Real' costumes stay in the 'Real' world and cartoons and toys we can have fun with and make em look like the comics, they look better that way. My god, what they did to poor Spidey over the years is just plain pathetic and sad... I mean they gave the poor fellow yellow eyes and all the fake raised webbing made me wanna puke. Anyone else think so? The movies only did it that way because they are trying to add a sense of real world look to them but when you make toys they shouldn' t try to mimic the exact look of Spiderman 'real world' cause it makes it shoddy at best.

So Man of Steel cartoon, cool but make it good and not a movie rip off! Give it to the man, Timm, we all know who he is, if he would even take it. His Superman TAS was fantastic, just fantastic.... The way he took Brainiac and made him the the computer on Krypton I thought was amazing, and it would work oh soo well in the movie lore if they were smart enough to ever use. I just can't wait to see Brainiac in one of the Superman movies, I mean god, its a no brainer. Out of all the 6 Superman movies, never not once did they ever use Brainiac and here we are making more and they have a chance to really make the Superman lore FANTASTIC if they just try a little, use someone like Timm to help out with that, hell they should be using him and his creative team to be advisers on all the DC movies; thats just another no brainer. Stop regurgitating villains, its not fun for the audience, its rather quite boring. Ok so Zod is back again....I'm not thrilled about it but it could be just a way to start to introduce some characters and what not, a slow start but thrilling, is a good way to go(but not too slow now, we want some serious Superman Action mang)....Anyhoo, totally off point as usual so I'm done thank you