Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official YJ Cancellation Thread

RaizenYusuke

[61]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 28

Young Justice comics is cancelled too. Oh well, it is over completely then. It was a great run, 46 episodes is still better than most. The finale was average to me though. Did anyone else feel like it wasn't as climantic or grand like the last season finale? Black went down quick and the Reach mega weapons were kind of there and gone. It was a easy fix until the very last one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[62]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 26
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Young Justice comics is cancelled too. Oh well, it is over completely then. It was a great run, 46 episodes is still better than most. The finale was average to me though. Did anyone else feel like it wasn't as climantic or grand like the last season finale? Black went down quick and the Reach mega weapons were kind of there and gone. It was a easy fix until the very last one.

I feel the same way.

Meh, I'll miss Young Justice :/ . Season 2 wasn't spectacular for me, but the show didn't deserve to die. I think the finale did an okayish job as a series end-er. Not really any huge cliffhangers, so I guess that's good.

MadV

[63]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 1

Yeah, I thought there would be a big battle , but nope. I'm Sad Wally died, though.

pokemonmonmon

[64]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 5

RaizenYusuke wrote:

i agree so much. as a season finale it was ok and was agreat way to lead into another season but i really hate how some of the things were wrapped up. kid flash seemed insignificant to the very end and even died for it. at least he had the spotlight on him :/

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[65]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 13

Can anyone tell me why the Kid Flash could not run as fast as The Flash or Impulse?

pokemonmonmon

[66]Mar 18, 2013

yes im actually curious about that too ^ i posit that since hes from the future his superpowers are more advanced. you know kind of a get betters with time kind of thing

Kindredtown

[67]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 3

I hate to see it go. I also agree that the show didn't have a great ending, but it was only due to the writers not knowing that they'd be cancelled before getting a third season. The rushness of the episode really supports that the show needs to be an hour long instead of just thirty minutes. It makes a lot of it less climatic. Wally's death was pretty heart felt and I even almost got teary-eyed. I liked that Static joined the team, but I was also surprised about the whole Tim and Cassie thing.

And I'm nt entirely sure about the comics, but I think the reason that Wally was slower is because he's basically a carbon copy of the original and can't be as fast as the original and he recreated the experiment that Barry did. He probably didn't have enough of the chemicals to get a better connection to the Speed Force. But I think they were opening this up for him to get that better connection.

RaizenYusuke

[68]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 28

I think the writers were following the comics. Wally was slower than Barry at first when because he subconsciousally supressed his full speed, because he didn't want to be faster than Barry I think. Eventually he broke his mental block and became faster than Barry. The writers may have been following that storyline, because it is odd Wally would be so much slower than both Barry and Bart.

djboy77

[69]Mar 19, 2013
    • level: 7

I find it quite appalling that they would cancel one "young heroes" show in order to start up another (TTG!). Throwing away an existing, developed universe, character models, etc, not to mention fanbase, in order to go all the way back to square one. There doesn't even seem to be any particular rationale behind it; no poor critical reception, no poor ratings. Ditto Green Lantern. Just... because. They did the same thing to Transformers Animated. Great ratings, great reviews, canned.

I hope the douche behind it makes even more ass-backwards decisions and either loses his f**king job or sends the network spiraling. CN deserves to go under. They really don't give a crap about their viewers, and they demonstrate it loud and clear with every show they cancel.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[70]Mar 19, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I think the writers were following the comics. Wally was slower than Barry at first when because he subconsciousally supressed his full speed, because he didn't want to be faster than Barry I think. Eventually he broke his mental block and became faster than Barry. The writers may have been following that storyline, because it is odd Wally would be so much slower than both Barry and Bart.

Back in the day when I followed the Flash comic books, I remembered Wally becoming the Kid Flash due to the same freak accident that caused Barry Allen to become the Flash. Bart however, received his powers through heredity. It would make more sense to me for either Bart to be the slowest speedster between the three or the fastest one.

TenTen

[71]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 9
    Too bad this show got axed along with Green Lantern. This series lasted 46 episodes and they could of gone up to 52 episodes to finish this series up.

Kindredtown

[72]Mar 28, 2013

I've heard that WB is going to hold a meeting to entail the future of Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS. Finally they listen to the fans for once since all of the outcries made by the fans were what put made them consider this. Still not sure whether or not they'll recontinue the comic, but I've heard that they're putting the toys back on the shelves.

MajLorne

[73]Mar 29, 2013
    • level: 21
    I wouldn't expect much other than at most hopefully a movie for each show or at least YJ to tie up the loose ends.

Kindredtown

[74]Mar 29, 2013

I think they'd go the OST route first to see how things go and then lead back into the show coming back on air. They'll realize their mistake with TTG so there's no worry about that.

pokemonmonmon

[75]Mar 31, 2013

well hopefully well at least get a MOVIE to wrap things up if nothing else. and hopefully the merchandise will be adveertised properly this time. seriously i dont think ive seen one toy video game or ANYTHING ever advertised on tv

G3ckOz

[76]Apr 27, 2013

This is bullshit. I'm seriously sick of witnessing all the good series getting cancelled. Young Justice is the best DC animated series in yeeeears. It had it all, diversity, style, animation, art, i never liked Blue Beetle generally but, in this series i love the guy. Seriously WTF is wrong with you people?

it's as easy as this. If people say it's GOOD, DON'T cancel. Retards. Who the fuck needs more teen titans, i've had enough of that. I'm a grown ass man and there are fewer and fewer great animates series that appeal to me, still YJ was among them. It's lore was witty and grand, now CN screwed all that up. Kudos.

PIGGYDOOM

[77]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 8

Darn you CN! You canceled this for Teen Titans GO?!?! How dare you guys Yell You guys make me sick!!! They should've renewed this show for a 3rd season instead or revived the original Teen Titans Cry

RentonElric

[78]Jun 24, 2013
    • level: 32

We can save Young Justice! We need to unite and help bring Young Justice back with season 3. We need the show to keep going. Everybody, send letters and emails to bring the show back!