Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Season 2+ News, Spoilers, & Speculations Thread (possible spoilers)

pokemonmonmon

[61]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 5

usually whenever disney gets their hands on something they ruin it. (has anyone seen spectacular spiderman? its basically a kids show at this point) but even i must admit they did a good job with the avengers. even though i like the young justice writing better even i will admit that the avenegers seems like a bette show. both are great shows though.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnimeMadness

[62]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 22
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I read the same article and people all had varying opinions on which was better. I like Avengers: Earth's MIghtiest Heroes more than this show. Young Justice is great, but I don't think it is the best comic based series ever. I respect both showes for their differences though. Young Justice is a dark tone on super teens lives, while the Avengers does a great job at incoperating all the elements of Marvel comics throughout he last decades, carrying a light, yet serious, and sometimes dark atmosphere. I can see why someone thinks Avengers is better and can understand why people think Young Justiceis better. I don't think it matters.

On topic. Deathstroke is coming huh? Black Bettle, I'll have to read up on him. For the love of god please develop the new characters. Tim is a card board so far along with Wonder Girl and most of the new characters. The rest of season 2 looks promising.

Raiz? O.o

RaizenYusuke

[63]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 28
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

usually whenever disney gets their hands on something they ruin it. (has anyone seen spectacular spiderman? its basically a kids show at this point) but even i must admit they did a good job with the avengers. even though i like the young justice writing better even i will admit that the avenegers seems like a bette show. both are great shows though.

Disney didn't ruin TSSM series. By the time Disney aired the second season it had already aired in other countries and to my knowledge Disney did not have creative control over it by the time season 2 was produced. If you are talking about the current Spider-Man series, the Ultimate Spider-Man than I agree it is bad, but that is not really Disney's fault. The writers and Marvel Studios wanted to do this version from the start. Joseph Loeb is probably at fault again. I don't understand how the man can make great Batman stories mess up Marvel so bad.

pokemonmonmon

[64]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 5

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

Disney didn't ruin TSSM series. By the time Disney aired the second season it had already aired in other countries and to my knowledge Disney did not have creative control over it by the time season 2 was produced. If you are talking about the current Spider-Man series, the Ultimate Spider-Man than I agree it is bad, but that is not really Disney's fault. The writers and Marvel Studios wanted to do this version from the start. Joseph Loeb is probably at fault again. I don't understand how the man can make great Batman stories mess up Marvel so bad.
    sorry that was my mistake i meantultimate spider man the one that airs on disney XDso disney had nothing to do with that? i must admit im shocked. still though they have a tendency to turn anything they get their hands on into a joke. so naturally im surprised the avengers is so good

kanniballl

[65]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 18

Any word on when this new hiatus will end?

Soon?
    Winter?
    Next Year?
    etc

teenj12

[66]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 26
    I heard it returns in September.

legersem

[67]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 20

teenj12 wrote:
    I heard it returns in September.

Alright, good, cuz last I heard, the hiatus was only supposed to last three weeks, but that was back in June.

And especially where they left us, I really want to get back to some new episodes...

perualonso1

[68]Aug 15, 2012

Is it just me or does seeing more Impulse make any upcoming episode of YJI the best one yet? His personality is what made me like him since his debut in Bloodlines and want to see more of him.

All in favor of wanting to see more of Impulse?

ericwashere15

[69]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 15
    kanniballl wrote:

Any word on when this new hiatus will end?

Soon?
    Winter?
    Next Year?
    etc

Still better than Valve Time. I'm glad they took a break, gives my brain more time to stop being dumbfounded by the timeskip. Not complaining, but having skipped through five years of stuff in the only TV show I've watched almost religiously since the last hiatus ended has my brain pretty twisted. The trailer made it look like things will be escalating a lot faster than I've seen in an animated show, and with, what, 8 Leaguers out of the picture, I'm kind of afraid of who might die, should the Light succeed again.

edmasterchaos

[70]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 41

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

Loeb's son died several years back, he's never quite been the same since :/ but his stories still sold, so he kept getting work... yeah...

Also, extremely sad game to play: Try to find something Loeb's involved that doesn't have a character named "Sam".

Anyway, haven't bothered with the show much but DC is pissing me off in comics (oh hey, who would've known? The scarab learned about Jesus and became good! oh? whats that? Wonder Woman and Superman will be lovers now? Good Morning America says Wonder Woman's Superman's sexy new sidekick? ah, and Batman's like a toned down Spider-man! Editorial mandates getting to the point where even Rob Liefeld is sick of them? Rob. Liefeld.) so, what's the current situation? also, what exactly is going on with Blue Beetle?

MajLorne

[71]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 21
    Still not a good enough reason for ruining the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. Though I admit it's getting a little better, but not by very much.
    Interesting note.
    Oh god, I fear for DC if that's the direction they intend to go...

kanniballl

[72]Sep 4, 2012

edmasterchaos wrote:

Anyway, haven't bothered with the show much but DC is pissing me off in comics (oh hey, who would've known? The scarab learned about Jesus and became good! oh? whats that? Wonder Woman and Superman will be lovers now? Good Morning America says Wonder Woman's Superman's sexy new sidekick? ah, and Batman's like a toned down Spider-man! Editorial mandates getting to the point where even Rob Liefeld is sick of them? Rob. Liefeld.) so, what's the current situation? also, what exactly is going on with Blue Beetle?

Well, for what it's worth... it's not as bad as Raizen makes it out to be.

- Blue Beetle: yeh the Jesus self-sacrifice thing was lame. But it wasn't that bad... the Scarab just learned who Jesus was and self-sacrificein 1 panel and decided to repeat it save Jaime's friend. I imagine a lot of the early comics will have the Scarab learn a lot of human stuff and what-not: emotions, family, whatever. After all, didn't the original Jaime series deal a lot with the Scarab learning about humanity and go against its programming? so, nothing new here.

- Superman + Wonderwoman: At one point in the past, it was revealed that both Clark AND Bruce wanted to date Dianna after they met. Likewise, various elseworld and alternate-future stuff revealed Clark + Diana hooked up / married / had kids. I doubt they'll date for that many issues. But it's not unheard of to have them hook up.

- Bruce + Damian: Bruce has been a father figure... a lot... but this time he's an actual father. I'm alright with him lightening up a little. Meanwhile, in the recent "Nobody" arc he was still hard-core and wanted to kill "Nobody" (but didn't). And to win (and end) an argument he decked Dick Grayson to knock out a tooth. So it's not like Bruce is a teddy bear or even a Peter Parker now... just that more of his "Bruce" personality is spilling into his Bat one.

- Aquaman: They made Aquaman good and interesting. Let me repeat that. They made Aquaman... AQUAman... good and interesting.

- Batgirl: Say what you will about Babs losing the wheel chair and the loss of a handi-capable role model... her early comic run after the reboot was very good.

- Green Lantern: They've just taken the Oans (Guardians) to their inevitable conclusion. They've been acting like bigger and bigger jerks over the decades, they're just taking the next step. As for the rest of the GL gang... "meh"

That all being said... the initial storylines / runs right after DCNu were quite solid for almost all of their series. BUT... now that a lot of those first story archs are done... some of the newer / recent ones aren't so hot.

Edited on 09/04/2012 6:50am
    Edited 6 total times.

edmasterchaos

[73]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 41

tv.com ate my post @.@;

Okay, quick:

It's not that the scarab is learning about good that annoys me, it's that Jaime is a slacker that slapped his mom for a 'plan', went to NYC (NYC!!) had to fight his best friend turned dark version of himself, then fought him in NYC, the scarab found f'ing JESUS and, well, yeah. That's all annoying me.

Superman and Wonder Woman only work in elseworlds because they're together the end. No need to do monthly tales with their relationships because nobody knows how to write THAT thing. And i'm sure as hell Geoff F'ing Johns ain't gonna be the one to turn that into a good story (plus, best use of the pairing was in the timeless classic: Kingdom Come. Where he gets with her because he's learning to move past Lois Lane's death.) also the "buildup" was nonexistant, the reasoning is stupid and it's just one bigass publicity stunt that will be undone rather quickly if Booster Gold's comment is true.

Wasn't talking about Damian, i like the kid. Snyder's batman just has some cheesy-ass lines. Still decent.

Many series have made Aquaman interesting, even Batman the brave and teh bold could do that. The current comic has his supporting cast being more interesting, really and the current arc had to end two issues ago.

From what i've heard: No, it really wasn't.

Geoff is okay with his GL, but it might be heading south after this arc, he's really digging deep into the "moar powerful thing ever" territory with every big event.

I found a huge line of the first arcs of the DCnU to be rather terrible, and the shift in writers that became so constant was really not inspiring. Plus, Geoff Johns is DC's Brian Michael Bendis, and I love Bendis a lot but we know how fast his Avengers stuff went south, so i'm not gonna assume GJ to be better being spread thin than BMB. Plus, seriously the editorial is so bad... I mean, just reading what Superman's several writers had to say (they didn't even know if Clark had parents or not during their respective runs) or what Static Shock's "main" writer had to deal with... damn.
    Thank god i'm reading Marvel most of the time. (Hello Mark Waid's Hulk~ Hickman, nice seeing you in one Avengers book. Oh that's Stefanno Caselli doing art duties in another Avengers book. Matt Fraction! You're doing Fantastic Four? Oh, two metal/nerd comedians are on Deadpool, NICE. Oh, and it's not even one of the many "relaunched" books, but we're already getting AMAZING Hawkeye, Gambit and Captain Marvel solo titles? Remender, still doin' good on Secret Avengers. Morbius title for more variety? I'm in. [continues talking about all the good marvel comics i'm reading])

teenj12

[74]Sep 8, 2012
    New Young Justice on September 29 .

The episode will be called "Satisfaction".

RaizenYusuke

[75]Sep 8, 2012

kanniballl wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

Well, for what it's worth... it's not as bad as Raizen makes it out to be.

Are you talking about this topic specifically or other threads on t.v.com, because I don't remember bad mouthing D.C. in a while? I know I mentioned I stopped reading after he new 52 and I didn't like the direcion things were heading, but I hardly think that qualfies me as making it out to be worse than what it was. In my last few posts on here was defending Disney for screwing up Marvel and rant of Loeb.

I don't have the money to buy comics like I used to, so I a waiting for graphc novels and saving up to buy some GL books and maybe a few Batman. I don't recall stating the DC universe was going to hell. I am not sure why you think I made it out to be worse. Ed was the one who brought up state of DC universe, which was stuff I didn't know about like Supes and Wondy getting together in the wake of Clark and Lois marriage being erased in the latest reboot.

jwgrlrrajn

[76]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 23
    I don't typically read comic books--although I've been trying to read through Ultimate Spider-Man and I've read a few Batman graphic novels that I heard were good--but this DC New 52 reboot is just driving me up the wall with some of its decisions like Superman's ridiculous t-shirt and jeans costume, Captain Marvel being renamed "Shazam" (so what, does he turn into Billy if someone asks him what his name is?), and all their erasing various marriages from history (come on DC, did we really need another One More Day storyline)?

Anyway, I'm glad the series is starting up again soon.

RaizenYusuke

[77]Sep 16, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:

Any summary for the episode yet? I rewatched the episode with Impulse today. I really liked the charcater and the interaction between the Flash family. I am hoping the episode involves more of his dark future storyline. I wouldn't complai if this was Robin or Wonder Girl centric episode either. Basically an episode feature a new character not Blue Beetle, since he has gotten two episodes already.

perualonso1

[78]Sep 16, 2012

If Satisfaction has Impulse in it, that would be crash. My speculation: Impulse becomes satisified with being a "lady's boy" when he gets together with Miss Martian, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, Bumblebee, Rocket, and Zatanna.

teenj12

[79]Sep 20, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

Any summary for the episode yet?

"Roy Harper seeks vengeance against the man who ruined his life."

I saw some spoiler pics, and they suggest:

- Artemis will try to prove her worthiness to the Light. (She will also become a double agent like Aqualad is doing in order to bring down the Light from the inside out).

- Artemis takes on a new identity. I think it was said to be "Tigress".

- Miss Martian (out of anger, believing Artemis is actually dead), mind rapes Aqualad and puts him into a coma. Upon looking into his thoughts, she may find out about the plan that Robin/Kid/Artemis/Aqua conceived. She'll regret it. Beastboy comes to her side and comforts her.

- One picture shows Roy shooting an arrow gun with one arm.

kanniballl

[80]Sep 23, 2012

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    I don't typically read comic books--although I've been trying to read through Ultimate Spider-Man and I've read a few Batman graphic novels that I heard were good--but this DC New 52 reboot is just driving me up the wall with some of its decisions like Superman's ridiculous t-shirt and jeans costume, Captain Marvel being renamed "Shazam" (so what, does he turn into Billy if someone asks him what his name is?), and all their erasing various marriages from history (come on DC, did we really need another One More Day storyline)? Anyway, I'm glad the series is starting up again soon.

Dude, let it go. The T-shirt thing is/was a short-term thing to do in Adventure Comics to have him wear "something" in his early days as a hero. Since in this storyline, "the suit" is an actual Krpyonian suit that's incredibly tough... instead of something Ma Kent sewed for him.

As for the marriages, as awful as "One more Day" was... this isn't that. This is a hard-reboot where OMD was just retconning Spidey's past while leaving everything else the same and in the same timeline/era/etc.

Here, we have them starting over from scratch as it were: showing stuff where they are literally starting out with some of the hero's first days... while at the same time showing stuff going on 5-years-later Not 20 or whatever it was pre-New52... 5 year after the arrival of Superman. So relationships are just starting now.

Not a bad move: since I actually DO know some people that wanted to get into comics, but didn't want to jump into the middle of it pre-New52 because they wouldn't understand any of teh back story. Kind of like jumping into Babylon 5 in season 4 before they had DVD box sets.