Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

So who's Green Beetle?

VirusMonster

[1]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 15

I don't know much about the DC comics and the universe as a whole, as I'm mostly aware of Superman and Batman as they're the most iconic characters shown on TV the most and I hardly know the others characters of the DC universe aside from Flash, Wonder Woman (so many legal issues with her), Hawk Girl, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter but still not a whole lot.

I didn't know a lot about the Blue Beetle character until the Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which I admit which was rather childish (and had nods to the old Batman cartoons which I wasn't aware of) but in the end I liked it (except for Catwoman's costume... seriously?), and I've become quite interest in this character and quite liked him... can't recall if the Scarab actually had any lines in the show but I believe it still talked to Jaime. Episodes with Blue Beetle and Batman together were my favorites.

The other beetle character, Black Beetle, is another one from the DC Universe but I still don't know a whole lot about him but is a establish character in the universe. I'm guessing he is Blue Beetle's arch-nemesis considering their similar abilities and personalities as well as history.

And now there's a Green Beetle, but I can't seem to find any info on this character. Did he appear before in the DC Universe before or is he an all new original character added for this show? Kinda like how Harley made her original debut in the Batman: The Animated Series before appearing in the comics?

Can someone tell me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gislef

[2]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 100
    Green Beetle is unique to the animated series and hasn't appeared in the comics before.

VirusMonster

[3]Feb 21, 2013

OK, thank you very much!

Just wanted to know!

bentazcraft

[4]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 6
    FYI Green Beetle is a White Martian.In the episode "The fix" when the team was finished questioning him he morphs into a human. If you play it back in slow motion you can see the White Martian outline as he is morphing from Green Beetle to a human! Plus when he is in Green Beetle mode his body shape is that of a White Martian! I don't know if it will play a part in the plot but it was a pretty cool "Ah-ha!" moment!

VirusMonster

[5]Feb 23, 2013
    bentazcraft wrote:
    FYI Green Beetle is a White Martian.In the episode "The fix" when the team was finished questioning him he morphs into a human. If you play it back in slow motion you can see the White Martian outline as he is morphing from Green Beetle to a human! Plus when he is in Green Beetle mode his body shape is that of a White Martian! I don't know if it will play a part in the plot but it was a pretty cool "Ah-ha!" moment!

Really? I haven't noticed... I'll have to double check but I do believe I saw "something" that caught me off guard when he did that but I couldn't quite place it.

I really like to get to know Green Beetle so more. He's pretty interesting.

DBTrilogy100

[6]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 7

bentazcraft wrote:

Actually, Green Beetle is a Green Martian, not a White Martian (or a Red Martian, for that matter). Greg Weisman confirms this in the interview found in this link:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43480#storyContinued

In regards to why his true form was shaped like Miss Martian's true form, Greg Weisman confirmed on his Q & A Website that Martians ("pretty much") look the same. The only notable differences are size and color, as he explains that Martian Manhunter's true form look like Miss Martian's true form, except bigger and green. The full answer is found in this link, where he also confirms that Miss Martian wasn't lying about being his niece:http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=15057

bentazcraft

[7]Feb 24, 2013
    • level: 6

Thats right! I totaly forgot about that!:-( I guess I actualy got used to seeing J'on in his Martain Man Hunter form. OOPS! Thanks for those links too!

VirusMonster

[8]Feb 25, 2013
    DBTrilogy100 wrote:

bentazcraft wrote:

Actually, Green Beetle is a Green Martian, not a White Martian (or a Red Martian, for that matter). Greg Weisman confirms this in the interview found in this link:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43480#storyContinued

In regards to why his true form was shaped like Miss Martian's true form, Greg Weisman confirmed on his Q & A Website that Martians ("pretty much") look the same. The only notable differences are size and color, as he explains that Martian Manhunter's true form look like Miss Martian's true form, except bigger and green. The full answer is found in this link, where he also confirms that Miss Martian wasn't lying about being his niece:http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=15057

Is that so?

Thanks for clearing that up... really awesome to have the creators answer our questions and give us insight on the characters from time to time. I really like these kinds of people.

With only 3 episodes left of Season 2 (I can't believe Season 2 will end in 3 episodes... it seems so short a Season and there doesn't seem to be enough development time to show much of Green Beetle who is a very interesting new character to the series and I wonder how the JL members are doing as well?) I wonder how they plan to cover up and tie up everything on the Reach arc.