Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

The Timeskip

ecao123

[1]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 4

As the title says, what do you think of the timeskip going from season 1 to season 2?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kindredtown

[2]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 3

I'm a little indifferent to it. Like someone else said it has its pros and cons, but there were so many loose ends left with the season finale of the first season and if they placed most of the information in the tie-in comics not many people will be able to get them and read what they want to know. I don't even live close to a bookstore/comic store anymore so I rarely get to go to one. But yeah, I wish they waited for a timeskip until they tied up loose ends as well as continued character development.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 28
    I don't thik they should have had a 5 year timeskip as soon as the first season ended. It ended with too much in the air. Everyone else has menioned the Light and Missng 16 hours stories were actually suspened for 5 years. It seems really far-fetched that they just now learned hat happened durng those 16 hours. You think a Green Lantern destroyig or attacking someone in space would have reached he Guardians' ears by now and that John would have found out what the JL did. The first season ended with too many loose ends for such a long timeskip. I do like more characters have stepped up and more have come into this DC universe like Tim Drake and Wonder Girl (Cassie). Maybe if the season lead up to the timeskip I would feel more positive about it.

roweantarts

[4]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 16

The strength of this show is establishing a huge universe, whilst focusing on a relatively small number of characters, so in that sence, the 5 year time-skip has benefited the show, by allowing a time to establish more characters in the universe. The 5 years thing, there isn't a lot the Justice league could do to investigate it, the only people to see the boom tube and remember would have been Clone Roy, Black Canary and Red Tornado, and I doubt any of them would recognise it. And we don't yet know what the League did on Rann, and whether it was important enough to reach the Guardian's ears. As for the light, their strength has always been in their patience, they plot carefully, and subtley, especially now they're known (or at least, 5 of them are), so the fact that they haven't done anything major in 5 years doesn't bother me either.

The only problems I have with the timeskip are the rather sudden disappearance of Wally, Kaldur and Artemis. And the fact that Rocket's been shifted into the league before any character development has occured

Edited on 04/29/2012 3:52am
    Edited 2 total times.

Imafreek

[5]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 17

My perspective on Time-skips is that the show should wait at least two seasons to develop the characters enough to merit a time skip, that way, sudden changes won't seem like such a snowball to the face, like MM and Conner not being an item anymore, or Dick becoming Nightwing. Was this a choice by the creators to cater to everyone demanding Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Tim Drake and Beast Boy? And why so extreme a time skip? shouldn't the maximum be two years or something?

legersem

[6]May 2, 2012
    • level: 20

My problem with the time jump is that there was no time off between seasons 1 and 2, so it felt very jarring. The week before, everything was just as we expected and now everything's different. And, as with all time jumps between seasons, I get very frustrated when main characters from the previous season are absent and not mentioned at all. Kid Flash, Artemis, and Aqualad were all gone with no explanation. The MM and Superboy romance will be explained in time, but missing characters are not good in my book.

However, I do have to applaud them for doing this time jump very smoothly. The opening scene didn't seem different at all and the reveal was fun when we found out that Tim, not Dick, was Robin. And they covered their tracks by stating that the whole missing sixteen hours thing hadn't even been addressed during the previous five years and they were only now getting to the root of it. Guess the five years in the middle didn't have a lot going for them.

Loralee_jk

[7]May 2, 2012
    • level: 38

I do not the time skip will keep like at all. Why would they spend all this time trying to get us to fall in love with these characters just to ruin it? i think we will jump back to normal halfway into the 2nd season...MAYBE at the end, but think in the middel. They MUST know we are not ready to give up our fav characters yet. Shows don't do this crap in the 2nd season.

Loralee_jk

[8]May 2, 2012

ALSO MM left SB after she NAMED him Conner so SHE could live out her lame fantasy?!!?
    He's still stuck w that name lady!!!

firedrakes

[9]May 3, 2012
    • level: 13

from one stand point i under stand it. due to vandel savage planing . but their is way to m any plot holes dealing with the group of characters. from s1 that. i want to know where they went

Kindredtown

[10]May 3, 2012

The TS will stay since this season is called Invasion so it would this team and what they're dealing with right now. The aliens and if they do end up going back to the original team it would most likely be in season three.

SpiritOfNabu

[11]May 3, 2012
    • level: 1
    Kindredtown wrote:

The TS will stay since this season is called Invasion so it would this team and what they're dealing with right now. The aliens and if they do end up going back to the original team it would most likely be in season three.

Not only that, but The video game Young Justice: Legacy fills in the gaps between Season 1 and Season 2. That game will not be released until 2013.

legersem

[12]May 5, 2012
    • level: 20

SpiritOfNabu wrote:
    Kindredtown wrote:

Not only that, but The video game Young Justice: Legacy fills in the gaps between Season 1 and Season 2. That game will not be released until 2013.

And on top of that, it would be even more frustrating if there was a time jump back to the original team since we're going to spend the next season getting to know thesecharacters. Looks like we're stuck with this, like it or not. Once the missing team members are explained, I'll probably be a lot more comfortable with it anyway.

Kindredtown

[13]May 5, 2012

legersem wrote:

SpiritOfNabu wrote:
    Kindredtown wrote:

And on top of that, it would be even more frustrating if there was a time jump back to the original team since we're going to spend the next season getting to know thesecharacters. Looks like we're stuck with this, like it or not. Once the missing team members are explained, I'll probably be a lot more comfortable with it anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure it won't be too long before we get to know what happened to the characters. We already have two things answered. Superboy's aging issue which wasn't that big and how he and MM broke up and we're about to find out what happened during the sixteen hours.

thechiwawa

[14]May 12, 2012
    • level: 5
    well now i learned what happen with aqualad,
    and conner and MM, and the 16 hours..

i didn't have any idea that it was five year since Vandal took over
    the HQ,

as far as i know, the villian of this is the Lights and the partners

anything else i'm missing?

RaizenYusuke

[15]May 14, 2012
    Really? Did you miss the first episode of season 2? They mention it alot in that episode.

hankgillette

[16]May 19, 2012
    • level: 13
    I hate the timeskip. We were just getting to know the characters and then they do the time skip and introduce a bunch of new characters and more or less drop some of the originals. Not only do I find all this confusing, but I'm not finding the new episodes as interesting as the first season, at least partially because I don't know what's going on or who the players are.

Are we supposed to assume that nothing of interest happened in the intervening five years? The first season had extreme action happening every week, but there's a five year gap with no development at all? It's difficult to believe that the Guardians would have taken five years to hear that Green Lantern went on a rampage on another planet (or for that matter that word wouldn't have gotten back to the Justice League about their actions).

What have Vandal Savage and Luthor been up to for the past five years? Other than turning Robin into Nightwing, I don't see anything they've done with the timeskip that they couldn't have done just by continuing the normal time flow and showing us what happened. I would much rather have seen what turned Aqualad evil rather than have it shown as a done deal. I'm really having trouble maintaining interest in this show.

Loralee_jk

[17]May 19, 2012

Still hatting the time skip!!!!

Also, Artemis & Wall 4EVER!!! It's cool they're both going to school!
    ANd I wonder if Artemis @ all knows she's an aunt yet?

RaizenYusuke

[18]May 19, 2012

Doubt it since Roy just found out. I am not really liking that Superboy and MM are the only members on the team besides Nightwing. I felt they got a lot of screen time last season. It is sucks Wally, Artemis, Aqualad, Zatana, and Rocket have been downgraded to supporting roles. I would really liked to see Aqualad now and see just how far he has fallen. It as the first interesting storyline involving him.

Megan and Conner are cool, but you know we can down play them a little more to give the other characters some more spot light. In fairness Artemis did get a fair amount of screen time last season herself. Rocket feels especially pointless addition since she came in the last two episodes of the first season only to be gone already. Wiseman is great with storylines, but I am still not sure about this one.

stevemagegod

[19]May 19, 2012
    • level: 17
    They could have easily brought us up to where we are currently in the show with a season. This is how i would of brought us up to speed without doing a Time skip.
    1st Episode: Beast Boy's Mom dies from the light.
    2nd Episode: Wonder Girl joins the team
    3rd Episode: The original Blue Beetle dies from the light bringing us the current Blue Beetle.
    4th Episode: Tula dies from a Mission.
    5th Episode: Aqualad find out that Black Manta is his Dad.
    6th Episode: Aqualad betrays the team.
    7th Episode: Kid Flash and Artemis settle down.
    8th Episode:Red Arrow and Chesire settle down.
    9th Episode: Superboy and Miss Martian break up.
    10th Episode: Tim Drake joins the team and becomes robin. and robin becomes nightwing
    Bringing us up to the Season 2 Premier Earthlings. This is how i would of done it. Look at that i just thought of a entire season without doing a Time Skip.

MajLorne

[20]May 22, 2012
    • level: 21
    I like your idea! I dunno if they would do a 'lost episode' thing and go back to events in the past that lead to where the team is now. It would be nice, but I guess we are stuck with 'riding it out'.