Young Justice Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Wally: Flash or Kid Flash

RaizenYusuke

[1]May 12, 2012
    • level: 28

I know I can't be the only one who is wondering if Wally has become the Flash or not after the timeskip. We only saw Flash briefly in the first episode of the season, not enough time to see if it was still Barry or Wally under the mask. Personally I hope Wiseman and the others will have Wally take up the mantle. I am really not feeling how Wally has kind of just been pushed to the background by DC. Is he even the Flash anymore after the New 52? I haven't read comics in over a year. Anyway this show isn't afraid to have death in it. Tula died (off-screen) I could see Barry dying saving the world and Wally taking his place. It would explain why Wally isn't on the YJ team anymore and it could be used to show growth on his part.

Barry doesn't even have to be dead. There could be two Flashes running around. I just don't want Wally to be retired and pushed into obscurityon this show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kindredtown

[2]May 12, 2012
    • level: 3

I agree with you and I hope he did become the Flash instead of dying or retiring or at least became his own speedster hero. Maybe he and Artemis decided to do a team up off the team? Who knows? I just hope they didn't cast him aside or kill him off.

bnjay29

[3]May 19, 2012
    • level: 5

Well the latest episode revealed he did indeed retire. I expected that would have been the case. They had Wally retire for the same reason they made Superboy perpetually young; It would be weird having them use their hero identities when 5 years later they aren't exactly kids anymore. Would have been easier if either one of them had an alias, like Robin(Nightwing) or Roy(Red Arrow/Arsenal). But seeing as how Wally can't take up the Flash mantle, due to his retirement and Barry still being around anyway, perhaps we will see the introduction of Bart(Impulse)?

But more likely is that we will see Wally and Artemis return to action.

stevie4eva

[4]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 2

I have suspisions that something will happen to barry and wally will have to become the flash. we know that bart tried to change the futer and make shure barry allen lives, but since that didnt worck something else will happen to him, I would like to see wally as the flash however i dont want to see him with so many responsibilitys it will add a layer of seriousness to him, also i dont want anything to happen to barry

watever393

[5]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 10
    I think that ideally Barry will stay alive and well as the Flash, and Wally somehow gets his drive and speed back as another Flash.

wolfdemontsuki

[6]Jul 28, 2012

bnjay29 wrote:

Well the latest episode revealed he did indeed retire. I expected that would have been the case. They had Wally retire for the same reason they made Superboy perpetually young; It would be weird having them use their hero identities when 5 years later they aren't exactly kids anymore. Would have been easier if either one of them had an alias, like Robin(Nightwing) or Roy(Red Arrow/Arsenal). But seeing as how Wally can't take up the Flash mantle, due to his retirement and Barry still being around anyway, perhaps we will see the introduction of Bart(Impulse)?

But more likely is that we will see Wally and Artemis return to action.

you do realise that the whole superboy stuck at 16 is canon with the comics right? they gave him half the powers of superman and made him stuck at the age of 16 till the public learned of young justice and wanted to know why they should trust the choices of teenagers. a retired magic user cast a spell to make everyone switch ages but since superboy couldn't age he almost died. cadmus fixed him so he could age normally, then he temporarily lost his powers and when they returned he started to develop more of supermans powers.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 28
    I think that ageless Superboy was stupid in both comics and animated series. I never got how a clone stops aging and honestly it just sounded like an excuse to not hae Kon grow up, so they didn't have to deal him becoming a second Superman. I would like Wally to come back as Kid Flash or his own identity if not the Flash in this series.

wolfdemontsuki

[8]Aug 1, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I think that ageless Superboy was stupid in both comics and animated series. I never got how a clone stops aging and honestly it just sounded like an excuse to not hae Kon grow up, so they didn't have to deal him becoming a second Superman. I would like Wally to come back as Kid Flash or his own identity if not the Flash in this series.

if i remember corrrectly when they were fixing his stuck at 16 problem, it was mentioned that it was just temporary until they could implant all their mental controls into superboy but the paper brigade broke him out before they could finish. personally, getting back on the flash topic, i wonder if they're going to bring in max mercury to mentor impulse.

teenj12

[9]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 26
    I think its kinda mean to keep him suck as 16. I was shocked as to why he hadn't grown when I saw the first S2 episode, then they revealed it in I think "Alienated". I was surprised.