Young Justice

Independence Day (1)

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Nov 26, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Justice League unveils their home to Robin, Aqualad, Kidflash, and Speedy, but they disappoint them when they find out they went be members. The young recruits decide to make a statement that they are ready by discovering and exposing a secret project.

Exciting pilot, lived up to the hype. I like it because despite the young audience and characters that they are appealing to, the story lines are very mature and doesn't treat the audience like kids.

We've seen the characters before over and over again, so it's interesting how a show like this reuses and writes stories for comic book characters.

The young recruits are basically snubbed by the Justice League team in being honorary members. The recruits feel they are ready, but it will be ages before Batman, Superman, and others will accept them, so they take the initiative and hack the Justice League computer uncovering a secret project.

They stumble upon a project involving genetic geonome beings who are using Superman's Dna to clone him and possibly clone the Justice League.

This episode was very well done, lots of actions, the character actions are pretty mature, we still have a few jokes here and there, but the tone is serious. They laid the groundwork as well for new stories as well. I am sure we ain't see the last of Cadmus and The Light. Overall this was a strong pilot for the new series. If you are a comic book lover, it's another must see series.