I think this is one of the best animated shows. It`s amazing character devolpment, great script, and also the story. The story comes out right from the beginning and says there is a secret society and from then on it`s one great episode after another fighting this war that they have.
As a young adult who grew up watching Teen Titans, I can honestly say that show is spectacular. To me, Young Justice is the symbolic sequel to Teen Titans. The characters are incredible, good comedy, and I love the semi-anime style. A shame it ended with two seasons.
Wow! I remember waking up to this every saturday morning, and yes I was 17. I still dont get why they cancel the great shows! they cancelled this for teen titans go, which in comparison this show literally squashes it. To sum it all up, This show was perfect.
Young Justice is on of those rare cartoons that can merge beautiful animation, an amazing voice cast, original plot lines, and compelling and colorful characters to form a show that can appeal to adults and children alike.
I am not going to lie, the show is not perfect. There are a few lackluster episodes scattered throughout its two season run. And there are a handful of cringe-worthy moments (most of them involving the constant "All goes as according to plan!" cliffhangers with the show's villains).
But whatever flaws Young Justice has it makes up for tenfold in its splendor. I am truly in awe of how bold the writers were willing to be with their episode plots, using every means of complicated and original stories at their disposal. But it just worked. Young Justice built a universe, so complete and fleshed out that I felt myself wondering why the entire DCU cannot put this amount of effort into their comic universe.
The true beauty in Young Justice is in its characters. While some of the characters (mostly in season two) got the short end of the stick with a minimal amount of screentime and development, the show more than makes up for these issues with its primary protagonists. I truly felt that I got to see the teenagers grow up and progress from "sidekicks" into actual heroes. There is a level of actual development in each of the characters that you seldom see in a superhero TV show.
I have nothing but high marks and applause for Young Justice. It is a must see for any superhero fans, surpassing even classics such as Batman: the animated series and Justice League Unlimited.
The concept is pretty simple, take a bunch of sidekicks, and stick them on one team. "Young Justice" was almost identical to Teen "Titans", in its general format. "Young Justice" falls into a few huge pitfalls, though. The first is a lot of lazy arc writing. Almost every single episode ends with the 'evil league of evil' saying "exactly as planned". Many of the characters are extremely one dimensional. Season Two sees some alleviation of this, but it's definitely still present.
The idea of an overreaching plot should be abandoned, because it takes too much time (time you may not have) to establish. Instead, each storyline should stretch over two to three episodes. This gives the antagonist enough time to establish themselves as a viable threat. It also provides the heroes enough time to shine as individuals and as a team. While I'm at it, episodes should be aired in order and there shouldn't be any breaks in production except for between seasons. Doing otherwise has only served to rob "Young Justice" of its momentum.
"Young Justice" had a lot going for it. However, it also had a few items to be tallied against it as well. I kept on watching, because the animation is superb and the action delivers. However, I couldn't help but feel, as with the "Spectacular Spider-Man", I wouldn't have the chance to watch this for much longer before these sidekicks are (***bad pun alert***) kicked to the side.
This was one of the best shows on Cartoon Network. It was more like a dark and serious version of Teen Titans but still had a good amount of humor and was worthy of a ten out of ten except for one thing...
IT ENDS ON A CLIFFHANGER!!! I despise cliffhangers because they make you want to know what happens next and you never get to know. Because of that, I had to take one point away.
This was an awesome show and got replaced with Teen Titans Go!. It's like Stuart Snyder only wants two shows for DC Nation rather than just extend it. No wait, it's more like Stuart Snyder only wants crap for Cartoon Network because Teen Titans Go! is far inferior to Young Justice. Young Justice is an awesome show so I would strongly recommend to purchase any DVD or Blue-Ray you can find of it. Family Guy was resurrected because of that, so hopefully that should bring it back for another season.
I love the show, it's storyline has had me on the edge of my seat since 2009, and showcases so much of the DC Universe that is rarely seen these days
But it's not without fault. Character development is cast aside for the sake of plot, and as a result, endings where character is important feel rushed.
2 big controversial points
The 5 year time skip
Greg Weisman has said this was done because this is a show about people growing up, and they can't do that in the course of 6 months.
I liked the 5 year time skip, since we knew the Light's plans were going to be long term, and it allowed us to branch further into the DC Universe. But a show about people growing up should've taken the time to develop each character in a more in-depth way.
Bear in mind that CN didn't cancel the show, they just didn't renew it. Weisman has said he had the next season planned in his mind, should it come. He is also not someone to wrap everything up with a bow, he has said that life isn't like that. But here's hoping it can return and resolve this plotline, at least to a more satisfying degree.
Young Justice is a decent show and a very welcomed change from the bulk of CN's plotless comedies, but it is not without its major flaws.
- Episodes rarely had good closure. They didn't end in a bang, nor with some cliffhanger. They just ... ended, often at the most random of times. This became better near the end; cliffhangers were finally used and it started getting exciting, but as for the ending itself:
- The ending of the season was poorly done. Many of the plot points brought up throughout the series are ended rather quickly with no real climax. This is especially true with the whole "betrayal" plot, where three of the heroes had ties to villains. For something so focused on in previous episodes, it ended rather pointlessly with everyone, at the same time, deciding to not betray their friends.
- The relationships are HORRIBLY done. Instead of slowly making the characters grow closer, they fall in love with little reason. This happens multiple times, first with M'gann and Superboy, and then with multiple couples at the end of the first season. Rocket wasn't even INTRODUCED until the second-to-last episode and her interaction with Kaldur was slim. Yet at the end, what do they do? They kiss. The only relationship done well (because they DID wait, while throwing hints around) was with Artemis and Wally.
Season one ends with a cliffhanger. No biggie, since there's going to be a season two.
- Season two starts out horribly with a random five-year time skip, but becomes better as it goes. Episode endings improved greatly and finally felt like actual endings, whether a wrap-up or a cliffhanger. Relationships were thrown out the window, most not even getting a mention (the exception being Superboy/M'gann and Wally/Artemis). Again, continuity. I know there was a five year time skip, but a good story doesn't simply throw out things like this without any explanation. It's bad storytelling.
- The middle of season two was spectacular and left me on the edge of my seat. But in season one fashion, the ending flops miserably. Again, major threats are demolished with ease. Yes, someone's life was sacrificed in the end, but it seemed rather forced and pointless, as if adding a casualty into the mix would somehow make the poor, cop-out ending more forgivable.
- And then there was the CONCLUSION. Despite knowing that the series would not be renewed, the writers decided to end the series, THE ENTIRE SERIES, with another cliffhanger. A cliffhanger that wasn't even necessary and could have been thrown out. To me, this means that the bad guy prevailed in the end. Not very impressive.
- The strange thing about this series is the major discrepancy I see between those who review it on the internet and my peers who I discuss it with. My dad, middle school sister, and college suite mate all followed the series (though my suite mate dropped it mid-season two out of frustration), and none of us have been pleased with it. They agree the romance was too sudden, they agree that most episodes in season one ended horribly, and the two who watched it to the end agree that it had horrible closure.
- Another thing I don't get is the fact that people seem to prefer Young Justice over Green Lantern. Aside from the CGI animation and a less epic (but better written, more complete, and less of a cop-out) story, I don't see what Young Justice does that Green Lantern doesn't do better. It has a smaller, but more fleshed-out cast, less forced, more realistic romance, a much more epic soundtrack, and AN ACTUAL ENDING. YJ's ending BEGS for a third season, while GLTAS's works both as a solid conclusion and a jumping point for a possible continued storyline. THAT'S how you end a story, not with an enemy being in control of the Warworld.
Young Justice was one of my favorite tv series I ever watched. I even showed it to my friends and they enjoyed it. This show will always be a favorite of mine , it had everything a kid could ask for all of the great DC heroes and their proteges fighting crime. Young Justice was my favorite tv show in CN for me it was 10x better than the justice league series . When i first heard that the show got cancelled i was speech less. And now I hope that CN realises that they made a big mistake cancelling this show. CN just pls bring back young justice.
Uhm i don't know who cancel this most amazing tv show, but could u pls re-consider and return Young would say it 100times better than the Justice League unlimited TV series, teen titans and even Beware the why the heck cancel it!!!!!!
One of my most favorite TV shows that will forever be in my heart. When it had come to an end, it was very hard for me to believe why the fuck CN would get rid of such a beautiful show. The show itself had so much potential. I just hate how CN just gave away their one thing that made thousands of their fans loved down the drain. Young Justice, I want you guys to come back with season 3. I even picked out the name too: Young Justice Unlimited. Please CN just do us fans one favor. BRING BACK YOUNG JUSTICE.
Young Justice was a great show. I would have liked to see the stories go on. The stories told so far never failed to be interesting. Everyone was so different, and you could feel the differences. The only complaint I have about the series is that it was canceled (in favor of a completely terrible series Teen Titans Go!). Hopefully the series will be eventually retold. Until then there is always the chance to rewatch the episodes.
is one of the few programs that has caught my attention, being a young man of much knowledge of cartoons, this series helped me in my life esterio very safe and nice or hermoza, if they are reading this comic creators are tell them not to withdraw and continue aciendo another season, because this cartoon amazing (Y)
I love Young Justice. Its one of the few shows on cartoon network that is both entertaining and makes sense. it has a huge following and the way the show ended, i believe, showed no respect for the fans. A better ending would be for the main cast, the first members of the team, graduated from young to something else but also not the Justice League as they hand off to the young ones- the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Make the last season epic.
Also, I have an issue with killing Wally. I don't like my favorite cartoon characters to die. Cartoons are supposed to make people happy not sad!
Bring Wally back and i have a suggestion for that.
Make Luther the enemy where he is willing to bring back Wally from whatever made him invisible in exchange for Connor. Then when the trade is made, Connor grows some (really hard to love a character stuck in the body of a 15 year old when you are 20 and not feel like a pedophile) and just from this points the dynamic possibilities for an epic show and an epic end are endless!
First off young justice was a great show much like the original justice league it had plenty of action, excitement, and adventures. Also had many fans hooked and relating the series excitement wise to that of "Dragon Ball Z". The characters had great backgrounds and abilities, along with great writing. With a strong core of young heros to build around and so many DC villains and heros to build stories around cartoon network pulled the plug in favor of "Teen Titans Go"(which is complete shit).
This was a great show. The stories are appropriate for new, young viewers while being engaging enough to entertain/please long-term comic book fans -- and we can be a tough group to please. Hopefully the show will one day return -- maybe as "Young Justice 562836140408313
I'm sad to see the show go as it's one of the only cartoons I've watched in a long time that incorporated interesting arcs and character development.
One thing I'm critical about the show though is how while it seemed they did a good job of representing just about every race/ethnicity in their characters, Asians, especially Asian males were always portrayed as ineffective and weak. UN Secretary Tseng? Rhelasia? It also seemed like several characteristics of the alien villains suspiciously resembled Asian stereotypes.
I get that Hollywood doesn't like Asian males (they have no problem portraying Asian women, usually in the arms of white men - I get that), but I was really disappointed in the skewed portrayal in a show that's largely viewed by children, teens, and young adults. I think I recall one neutral depiction of an Asian male in the episode where Earth attempts to launch a satellite into space (he plays an engineer, of course).
Even though they said it was the end (which is soo unfair) there was still that cliff hanger about salvage and darkside. soooo, my point is there might be a new season :-) but if not, farewell the coolest episode about sidekicks yet!(even better than teen titans) no fan will miss this yet im fan at dc and i no when i see a good show and this show has so many cliffhangers so many i have to say wally's death was the most saddest shock est moments of the whole young justice, from season 1 to season 2, his death tore me apart i could not believe it sad enough that we have to wait for a new season or even it to end now!? this show was my own little drama for me when i get back from school and i loved it. so im gonna keep on hoping that this show will go on to... season if you think its the end young justice is wayy tooo good it end now.
This Show Made My Top 10 Best Cartoon Network Shows because it's so much drama it keeps me interested every second even on commercial breaks The show takes very interesting turns and you look like oh now it's going to suck then the next week it retaliates itself and your like OhMyGod i can't wait till the the Saturday but the issue i have with the show is that It comes on so early and and sometimes you miss it cause it's a Saturday there's know school so you go to sleep because that's what do but another issue i have is Beast Boy's Design I don't really like how drew up Beast Boy with the fur maybe it he didn't have the fur going up his arms and get rid of the gap after all he was my favorite character On Teen Titans and what i really like about the show is Night Wing it's interesting to me that Night Wing And Black bettle Haven't fought yet I mean i just would like to see who would win but right now to me this is the best show CN and I loved Hope they go up to Season 10 Lol but this is a destined hit series already one Emmy award So Thank You Greg Weisman for Creating a Hit Series That I show doesn't deserve to be replaced i Mean today's episode was better than i just can't explain it this Show needs to go on beyond 2 season Young Justice is just the best action cartoon on Tv right now and I love it I have never missed and episode
Please read the following before uploading
Do not upload anything which you do not own or are fully licensed to upload. The images should not contain any sexually explicit content, race hatred material or other offensive symbols or images. Remember: Abuse of the TV.com image system may result in you being banned from uploading images or from the entire site – so, play nice and respect the rules!