Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Crimson Dragon's Mind- The Official Off-Topic Thread

neoyamato_pi

[8621]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 26

True, depends on who I catch. Probably will work on leveling my current team up to around level 60 so I can train against the trainers without too much worry/difficulty.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

syrusfan

[8622]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 38

Sorry to hear about your Pokemon, but good job beating Ghetsis. If you decide to continue, good luck.

Pikachu315111

[8623]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 27

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance GET!

And since I pre-ordered it I also got the AR Dream Eater cards.

syrusfan

[8624]Jul 31, 2012

Kingdom Hearts 3D is great so far. I've only beaten the first world as Riku, but so far I have few complaints. TWEWY characters actually add something and their voice actors are pretty decent too.

Pikachu315111

[8625]Aug 1, 2012

syrusfan wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 3D is great so far. I've only beaten the first world as Riku, but so far I have few complaints. TWEWY characters actually add something and their voice actors are pretty decent too.

Yeah, I like the game too. I actually finished both Sora's and Riku's stories for Traverse Town and I must say, I think I just saw a spoiler for TWEWY. I haven't played or seen a playthrough of that game yet though I didn't think it was that big of a deal as, much with the Final Fantasy characters, these are probably alternate characters thus they wouldn't spoil anything that happens in that came that's not common knowledge (like I know in TWEWY all the characters are dead and they've been put into this world where, if they survive, they'll be allowed to live again however not only do they have to fight with monsters called "Noise" (which is what Neku was referencing when he first met Sora) but also need to participate in Reaper's Games which they need to complete a task and if they don't they're erased from existence completely. That's all common knowledge, however after completing both Sora's and Riku's story I think they kind of revealed a spoiler about a certain character not being who he says they are... you'll see when you complete Sora's story.

Also, did you complete Riku's story first because you got lost in that stupid room where you need to slide everywhere? That place was ANNOYING! Thankfully they let you zoom the map out to see where the exit is and I figured out what to do (though probably by accident, I just tried every railing until I got one which took me where I wanted to go). And while I'm complaining, let me say that, while the "Drop" idea sounds interesting... but after experiencing it I realized I'm probably going to hate it. Why? Well, for a shocking change in the Kingdom Heart's games, the World areas are all actually HUGE. Which is great, I would love to explore all around and see every detail and find as many treasure chests as I can... if it wasn't for the DROP TIMER! I have to beeline it if I want to complete a story for any character. Oh, and timer doesn't stop for anything, not even for BOSSES. Which kind of put me into a panic as Sora's boss for Traverse Town is HARD (I already died to it since it hits like a truck and you only really have Potions to heal you) and it's arena is HUGE and built like TOWER so it will smack you off the tower and you have to climb to where it'll be (it might sometimes go to you to attack... or send it's ROCKET FISTS and stay up on the tower). I was literally in the Bonus Mode, only a few seconds before Sora drops, when I got the last hit. Actually, I probably would have dropped if it wasn't for a power-up which let's you slow down the Drop Timer! I'm surprised on how huge the boss areas are and they're many layers to it. I'm assuming they want you to use "Flowmotion" which I'll admit I'm having a bit of a hard time getting used to. I'm actually planning on going back to Traverse Town to, not only get any Treasure Chests I missed, but also to practice my Flowmotion though I'm at La Cite des Cloches (... the Hunchback of Notre Dame world) and they already told me a new gimmick though I can only try me best (and leveling up along the way...). And speaking of leveling up, good god did they really need to complicate the Spirit thing this much? I thought it was going to be like Pokemon where you'll be able to tame one of the Nightmares and turn them into a Spirit, but infact you make a Spirit out of parts from Nightmares you get from random drops. Anyway Sora has a Meow Wow named Faskitty and Riku has a Komory Bat named Kubat and a Meow Wow named Largeowth... DON'T JUDGE ME! Anyway as I'm messing around in Traverse Town learning to Flowmotion properly I'm also going to pet my Spirits to see how much petting it'll take to unlock all their abilities. However one thing I liked is that right after I finished Riku's story I went back to Traverse Town and it actually let me switch over to Sora (after giving Sora some benefits like the slow timer) to complete his story which was nice.

So as you can tell, I'm having a lot of fun. Diving (how you get to World to World) is a lot of fun and I'm interested in the story as they seemed to have put a much heavier emphasis on it which I like (Days and Re:Coded sorta felt you were just wandering around and going with the flow but here it actually feels you're doing something). The combat feels a bit clunky though that might be because it's the start of the game and I'm low level though hopefully once I get a hand on Flowmotion, level up, and upgrade my Spirit I'll hopefully be better prepared. Actually, though I say I'm low level I'm actually pretty well prepared having Scan, Block, Dodge Roll, and Air Slide from the start (THANK YOU!) and we get a map of the area without having to look for them like in previous games. Plus the start really does grab you with the opening movie (all Keyblade Warriors fighting Master Xehanort I WANT TO SEE THAT HAPPEN (though don't know how they'll have both Roxas and Ven being their the same heart...)! I also like how you're getting pieces of the story as you go along, interesting idea and gets rid of those "long cutscene" problems. And I'm finding the Journal entries pretty interesting, especially the one about Keyblades were originally made for an evil purpose, to control the light, and that what the Keyblade War was about and it was after that the Keyblade began being used to protect the light. It looks like they're finally flushing out the story and maybe even *GASP* give us more answers then questions! Of course this is just the very beginning, I'm sure Nomura and his Kudzu Plotting habits will eventually show up.

Oh, and the voice acting is good as always, especially for TWEWY characters, though Rhyme doesn't sound like a little girl...

syrusfan

[8626]Aug 1, 2012

Yeah, the Drop Guage is a little annoying, but I've been able to work around it so far. It could be a huge problem with long boss fights, but cross that bridge when Icome to it.The worlds are surprisingly large, and I do admit, very fun just to blitz through while killing Nightmares.

Pikachu315111

[8627]Aug 1, 2012

KH: 3D Day 2:
    Well, as I said, I spent my time in the game today just exploring Traverse Town, leveling up, opening chests, practicing with Flowmotion, and doing challenges:

Exploring Traverse Town: After exploring for a bit, I realized that it's actually only the new areas of Traverse Town which are gigantic and towering. The locations that were in the previous games are the same size and it's probably because of that the newer bigger areas felt bigger. However after exploring for awhile, the bigger areas seemed empty. This wouldn't be too bad, but the Drop Gauge makes it feel like the areas are meant to waste your time. Though once again you're probably meant to constantly be using Flowmotion and once I go the hang of it there's pretty much no place you can't reach with some Flowmotion manipulation. For example, you know that rail room Sora has access to which I said I got stuck in? Flowmotion manipulation sort of breaks that room in ways which I don't think its suppose to (they want you to use the rail to continue to the next area. I found that I just needed to high jump and wall cling below where the entrance is and just Flowmotion up there without having to even bother with the rails. Infact I would advise not to use the rails and just Flowmotion manipulate).

Leveling Up: Well nothing to say much about leveling up Sora and Riku, they level up as they did in the previous games. However the Spirits are a different story. In order to level up your spirits you need to "pet and nudge" them, and don't think their the same action, their not which is VERY important to know. To "pet" you do as you expect, you move the stylus on the Spirit's silhouette and that counts as petting them. To "nudge" your Spirit, just tap on the (they honestly should have called it "poking"). Now that you know now you can begin wasting time "petting" and "nudging" your Spirit to level them up and forming a stronger link with them. And of course, the more you do this, not only do the Spirits becomes stronger, but you get more points to spend on that link board thing. Why is it important to use the link board thing? Because that's how you unlock more Abilities, that's right, your Abilities are gained through by playing with your Spirits *sigh*. Also don't think you can keep "petting" and "nudging" them because eventually they stop leveling-up... sort of. I don't know how to explain it, I would sort of "max out" all the benefits I could from "petting" and "nudging" one Spirit until it shows that it's not liking it, move and "max out" another one, and go back to the other one and sometimes I can "pet" and "nudge" it some more. I'm assuming battling also makes them want to be "pet" and nudged" because after battling and leveling up they're ready to play some more. In addition to that there's "toys" you can use which are actually mini-games to further level-up your Spirits, and "food" which increases there stats though it's odd how it works as you though a food out onto the screen and pretty much the first Spirit to happen to wander into the food eats it. I had one of my Meow Wows keep eating all the food I threw out until I decided to do something else. Oh, speaking of Spirits, exploring around (and buying stuff from the Moogle) I found some more recipes and, though many needed materials I didn't have, I was able to create a new Spirit called a Pricklemane which I named Luxike. Also, I discovered that apparently both Sora and Riku can use the same Spirits which should save me material (though too bad I already created a second Meow Wow.

Opening Chests: While I don't plan on finding all the chests, I do plan on spending the next day after completing a world to finding as many chests as I can. I even managed to find large Blue Chests which gave me skills (though the skills I got so far could be bought from the Moogle Shop) and one a recipe for a Spirit. Not else much to say about that, though I think we might be revisiting worlds as I found a chest in Riku's side of Traverse Town I couldn't get because boxes were in the way and I couldn't find any other way to get in there so I'm assuming it's something that'll become accessible later on in the game.

Practicing With Flowmotion: I think I finally got Flowmotion down and I must admit it's a fun thing to play around with. There's NO place you can't reach by simple Flowmotion manipulation and, in addition to breaking the game that way, I found a particular Flowmotion battle moves which is not only devastating but also easy to pull off. I don't know what it's exactly called, but to use it all you need to do is Air Slide into the wall which activates Flowmotion and as soon as it activates it'll let you do a drill attacks which homes in onto the enemy doing multiple hits if of damage and then leaps your character up into the air so they can slam they Keyblade onto the ground to create a shockwave. Very effective. I also found me using the Reality Shift thing more to, which I guess is good being the next world alerted me it has a new Reality Shift.

Doing Challenges: On the map their are pink symbols which the game told you will let you summon Spirits to help you for a short time. However, whether I missed it or it didn't tell me, the symbols also apparently gives you challenges for you to complete. The challenges are easy (they were 1 our of 5 stars difficulty)... which makes it the all more embarrassing that I lost (pretty much all the enemies attacked me at once, you don't have a lot of HP and some enemies are merciless, especially in groups). However that was before I discovered how to break combat with Flowmotion so maybe after completing the next world I'll not only so some challenges there while exploring but also go back to Traverse Town to do any challenges I missed (besides I have to go back there anyway to see what this Card Flipping battle game is about, apparently it's the only way to get certain Spirit recipes as you need to buy them with Medals which is only gotten threw that Card Flipping game).

Well, not much to say until tomorrow when I finally do La Cite des Cloches! I already saw Sora's first cutscene and, oh boy, Frollo ALREADY has a dark aura around him!

Edited on 08/01/2012 10:32pm
    Edited 3 total times.

syrusfan

[8628]Aug 2, 2012

Traverse Town is done and I started The Grid with Riku. So far it's a good world, but the enemies are actually pretty tough. I've died a handful of times. The Dream Eater system works out well, but I won't deny it feels odd petting Dream Eaters to make them stronger.

Pikachu315111

[8629]Aug 7, 2012

Best. Kingdom. Hearts. Summary. EVER. And don't worry, it doesn't contain any spoilers for 3D that you didn't already know about.

syrusfan

[8630]Aug 8, 2012

Even condensed this story is hard to follow. Who knew?

3D is still going well. I'm close to getting halfway through the story and I'm really enjoying it thus far.

edmasterchaos

[8631]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 41

Pikachu315111 wrote:

Best. Kingdom. Hearts. Summary. EVER. And don't worry, it doesn't contain any spoilers for 3D that you didn't already know about.

Should've known you were a Penny-Arcade fan as well, Pikachu

Pikachu315111

[8632]Aug 10, 2012

edmasterchaos wrote:

Pikachu315111 wrote:

Actually I found the link from someone who posted it on the comment sections of a Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distacne review on BlisteredThumbs. I didn't even know the summary had anything to do with Penny Arcade, doesn't mention anything in the files URL.

edmasterchaos

[8633]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 41

Pikachu315111 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

Pikachu315111 wrote:

Actually I found the link from someone who posted it on the comment sections of a Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distacne review on BlisteredThumbs. I didn't even know the summary had anything to do with Penny Arcade, doesn't mention anything in the files URL.

Oh. xD; Well, then that person probably reads Penny Arcade.

Pikachu315111

[8634]Aug 13, 2012

I'm on SPOILER world in KH: 3D and the plot just went Inception on me! Also I THINK I'm done with Riku's story, I just fought through his multi-form boss, but I'm not to sure since the cutscene after tells me there might be more and I was just dropped off in the middle of SPOILER world. I'm not to sure if I have more to do on Riku's side of things or thye just dropped me off there because I still had time left on the Drop Gauge and they're letting me explore. Either way Sora's story is tomorrow and, considering what I just found out about what's happening with Sora, his side of the story is probably going to be a lot of fighting... probably against a lot of bosses... and I'm not even thinking what they might do after you complete both character's story in SPOILER world being it all depends on how Sora's story goes.

If you're wondering, SPOILER world is (highlight): The World That Never Was

Edited on 08/13/2012 10:56pm

Carodi

[8635]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 6
    I want to get it but I also want to understand the story

Pikachu315111

[8636]Aug 25, 2012

Carodi wrote:
    I want to get it but I also want to understand the story

Well, if it helps, whenever they mention an important plot point that was in another game for the first time, a "Chronicle Entry" is added which basically tells you the story of that game covering all the important key points that you need to know. Now these "Chronicle Entries" don't really discuss their visits to the Disney Worlds, but it does keep you in the loop of what is happening that you need past game knowledge about.

Carodi

[8637]Aug 27, 2012
    Thanks , by the way i.m thinking about getting Dioblio for christmas

Pikachu315111

[8638]Oct 3, 2012

Wow, how long has it been since anything was posted here? Man, we were only 400 posts away from 9,000...

ANYWAY, back to the reason why I'm making this post (wonder if anyone is here to read it...). SO I was training, as usual, in Village Bridge since it's actually a pretty good training spot. So I have with me a Pinsir, Magmortar, Lapras, and a Tauros in addition to an Egg and a Golurk who's mainly there to Fly me around and help in a battle if things start getting rough. I'm doing the usual Wild Double Battle deal when it happened... again... a SHINY! But of what Pokemon? Well let's play this game again, here's all the Pokemon in Village Bridge that you can find in dark grass (in White version) and their Shiny counterparts:

Golduck | Bibarel | Braviary | Zangoose | Seviper

Now you'd think with my luck I would get a Golduck or Bibarel since they don't have that much of a color difference but no, you can take them out as for once I got a Shiny which had a drastic color difference from it's non-Shiny counterpart! So that means it's either Braviary, Zangoose, or Seviper. Personally I would love to get a Shiny Braviary, so that automatically means that was the one I didn't get. However the one I did get is still cool:

Seviper

Yup, a Shiny Seviper! But of course I have a major problem as, not only was this a Double Battle (against another non-Shiny Seviper), but also my Pokemon were very high leveled and would very easily knock out the Shiny Seviper with any of their moves. However first thing is first and so I knocked out the non-Shiny Seviper (which was probably the Shiny Seviper's family member...) by attacking it with my Magmortar's Thunderbolt and switching out my Lapras with my Pinsir since I know any of Magmortar's attacks will knock out the non-Shiny Seviper but Lapras only has attacking moves and no doubt any of it's moves will knock out the Shiny Seviper. Now, while Pinsir is my strongest Pokemon at level 95 (this Shiny Seviper was level 58-60), it was really the only one with moves which weren't Super Effective against Poison-types. I was planning on using Brick Break which I knew from using it on other Seviper it wouldn't knock it out... the problem was that I forgot I had used all of Pinsir's moves up so when I chose attacked it used Struggle! I watched in horror as the Shiny Seviper's HP went down... and stopped in the low yellow! Good, Struggle was weak enough to weaken it but not knock it out. So thus began the process of throwing Ultra Balls at it. The first one it immediately broke out of making me worry its HP wasn't low enough... however the second shook 3 times and locked. It was a worrying battle, but I got myself a Shiny Seviper , not a bad way to end what will probably be my last few days playing Pokemon White as much as I do as I'll be moving onto Pokemon White 2.

OH! But a while before this, I was helping my younger cousin with his White Version. Being he's somewhat impatient (he's 8 so it's understandable at that age) he missed a lot of items and trainer battles so I was going around getting those items and leveling up his Pokemon (he was having a problem beating the N battle in Nimbasa City since his Pokemon were underleveled. So I was running through Pinwheel Forest, running away from wild battles since I didn't want to spend any money on Repels (he was low on money since sometimes he battled N and lost and then saved meaning he lost a good chunk of money). However there was one battle a didn't run away from, said battle being one against a Petilil.

NO, not that Petilil, THIS Petilil:

That's right, I found a Shiny Petilil in his game! Now the problem with this is that my cousin has the tendencies to lose/restart his games, so I decided that I'll transfer this Petilil over to my game BUT also send over something to help him. You see, in the Nimbasa City N battle, we were able to get through most of his Pokemon but the one that kept killing us was his Sigilyph. So I looked through my extra Pokemon and found an Alakazam I decided to not use since it had a negative Nature against Special Attack meaning it'll be a pretty weak level 100 Alakazam... BUT at the point of the game my cousin was at it would not only listen to him but also be strong enough to take on that Sigilyph. So I taught the Alakazam Psychic, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Charge Beam via TMs and traded his Shiny Petilil for a battle-ready Alakazam. Of course I soon had to leave so I didn't know what happened, I told him to only use the Alakazam in an emergency though if I had to take a guess he probably used it against Sigilyph.

Well that's all I have to tell for now.

Carodi

[8639]Nov 4, 2012
    I got Wow back around september, and I just got Borderlands 2, man i hope we can get to 9000 post