Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds

Signs of Doom (3)

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Aug 07, 2010 on The CW

• The amazing end to the greatest arc out of any Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

The Dark Signers arc is probably the best arc in the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. It was dark, it was emotional, it was epic, and yet it had that Yu-Gi-Oh! feel to it. This 3-parter was the perfect way to end the arc with a bang. The villanous Rex Godwin has become an ultimate god, defeated Crow, and now Yusei and Jack must fight the most powerful Earthbound God as the King of the Underworld makes his assent to the world. The episode stays to the dark and emotion nature of the arc with Rex's constant claims being an ultimate god was the only way to change fate, leaving Yusei to finish him off using the power of bonds. After seeing the scene between Rex and Rudger where Rudger simply shakes his head at Rex, I appreciated a lot more as a villan. If I could only change one thing, ir would be Crow doesn't become the 5th Signer. I'll defend that forever, I don't care. But I can overlook it for how amazing the rest of the episode is. The Godwin brothers both pass on, the other Dark Signers are revived, and Satellite and the City are finally connected through the Daedalus Bridge. 5D's really should have ended here, because this was a truly beautiful and satisfying end to an amazing arc.