Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters

FOX (ended 2006)

SPDShadowRanger

Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters Fan Reviews (16)

• Brilliant proof that you don't need duel monsters to enjoy the characters of Yu-Gi-Oh!

I absolutely love the storyline of this and the character of Alexander the great, that was really interesting, and the ending scene with Alexander and Atem was really nice, all in all, a spin-off to the main series of Yu-Gi-Oh! that stayed true to the characters.
  • After crashing in a forest Yugi and his friends are sucked into the world of Capsule Monsters.

Well I'm not the biggest fan of this but I'll admit the plot is intresting and It's a Yu-Gi-Oh spin-off so I like it. I recall Capsule Monsters being a chess game (I think in the manga) but I like the way they made it in this series. The plot was also intresting in my opinion and even though 4Kids made it I think they actually did a good job like with the movie. Well I'll admit that Capsule Monsters isn't exactlly the best thing in Yu-Gi-Oh but as a fan of the series I still think it's a good show.
  • better than the cards??

Some people think that Capsule Monsters sucks since it doesn't have Duel Monsters. Let's debate. It's interesting to see something new after a few years of Duel Monsters over and over. The Capusle Monster system was so much like Pokemon to me that it actually stuck! Very well thought out, especially the whole Duel Armor thing. I just wished that Joey had some with Red-Eyes. Other from the Capsule Monsters themselves and that Grandpa hung around and no Kaiba, pretty much just Yu-Gi-Oh!, if you want to get technical about it. But it if was it's own season in the show and not separated (like Dungeon Dice Monsters) I probably wouldn't give it much attention.

Now for the pinnacle of the show: Alexander the Great, or of Macedon for you college professors. He really seemed to fit the part of being a tyrannical evil, since he sort of was in a manicial, take over half the world way. All of the historical stuff here, for the record, is true (except him being trapped in the world of Capusle Monsters, he really just died in 323 B.C.E.). Other than the reason he was in the show, it was great to put a lively character. Awesome.
  • pretty good but boring!

3.4
    i dont know what to say!this sucks 100! ahh man i was it was at least 50:(! now i have to write a review? ugh im never good at writing reviews! anyways yahh so umm i hope im finished soon! now umm lets see yu gi oh is i guess pretty good umm i like yugi haha! i seriously dont like this -_-' am i finshed soon? i hope! well i find yugi is umm cool! and umm yay im finished soon! my fav card i guess is umm blue eyes shining dragon!i like yu gi oh its fun! ha! i made it!
  • It's typical 4kids to screw things up!! The part I don't get is how they managed to screw Yu-gi-oh so horribly that I am no longer a fan of the franchise....

This show should have never seen daylight. In the final fifth season on Kids' Wb where they counted down to the series finale, I was very excited!!!

Then when I saw a preview of this show, I predicted that this show would end in cancellation. The part I don't get isn't the storyline or the idea of this screw-up (It doesn't even deserve to be called a show.) but how anyone can consider this to be a good idea for a show.

Whoever thought of this must be dangerously high on illegal or gateway drugs and must be treated immediately!!

Because there is no one nowhere who would consider this a good or perfect!!!

I HONESTLY mean NO ONE.
  • A test

6.2
    In my honest opinion this show was a test. It was a test to see if people watched yugioh for the trading card game or for the characters themselves. The result was clear with only 12 episodes it quickly ended. I found this show just alright but Kabia should have came I mean he plays a big role in the show. Anyways I thought that Alex as a villain was kind of lame like a wanttobe bakura. The thing that i really hated was that they could of made some of the other characters shine instead of yugi always having the spotlight. Capsule monsters is what if yugioh became Pokemon still it wasn't a bad show even if 4kids did make it.
  • It's okay, but the original is better.

When Joey wins a free trip for four, Yugi and his friends board a plane for a glamorous trip to India. But their hopes soon fade as their plane mysteriously crashes near an ancient pyramid. This pyramid turns out to be the portal to the world of Capsule Monsters! Now, armed with a Capsule Shooter, Yugi and his friends must take on the monsters that try to destroy them as well as complete the Five Trials so they can leave this strange world.

This mini-series was alright and just that. I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it, but it reminded me a lot of Pokemon. But overall it's not that bad.
  • ok

this show would have been better later. everyone know gx will bring back the old characters. so when they were done they could have made this. plus there should be more episodes. it was not that bad of a show. we still get to see our favorite gang back in action. the only problem was it only had tea, yugi, tristian, and joey. also yugi's grandps. they should also make this show for gx. it is a little like the spirit world though. hopefully this show is not officialy over. it would i think be very nice if it was brought back!
  • A horrible side story from the original, with a boring start and rubbish ending.

3.5
    When i heard about a new series of yugioh called capsule monsters, i was happy. But after finally watching all episodes consecutively, i noticed how boring the first four episodes were. Then i noticed how the storyline became boring before it's time. Then to make things worse, the series as given the most lame and boring ending i have ever seen in my life. It killed the series badly. After all that struggle, the most powerful person in the series was crushed in just two episodes. And the way he was defeated using a puzzle and a wierd suit of armour sucked. The evil had no more powerful and unexpected monsters, it was just BANG BANG your finished. How lame of the series. I hated this series for this ending and beggining. In future, more power for the bad guy is needed.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule monsters is about Yugi and his friends that travel to India.There plane crashes into a Ancient Pyrimid.The Ancient Pyramid had a portal in it that transported Yugi and his friends into the Capsule Monster's World.

I say this is the same as the Original Yu - Gi - Oh . Just check my Original Yu-Gi-Oh Review , so whatever it says , is what I think of this one . . . . . . . . . . .Also the thing I like that is different from this and the Original is that they are in the Capsule Monster ' s World . I really dont like Yu - Gi - Oh that much but it is okay .
  • Another great addition to Yu-Gi-Oh

Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters follows the original characters, Yugi, Tea, Tristan, Joey, and Yugi's Grandpa, the only difference besides capsule shooters instead of duel disks is there is no Kaiba.

The gang gets trapped in the world of Capsule Monsters after Joey wins a trip to India, so they must fight their way through the Capsule Monster world to find a way back home.

This show is great I'm glad they put more Yu-Gi-Oh on, and this time they fight side buy side with their favorite monsters from the original Yu-Gi-Oh series.
  • Reluctant proof that you don't need Duel Monsters for Yu-Gi-Oh!

• gerat show same characters as yu-gi-oh american

show awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesomeshow awesome
  • Dude this miniseries is a joke

5.5
    CapMon used to be cool, but this 12-episode miniseries is just a ripoff of the main show. And can they make the characters any dumber? I'm also pissed cuz Bakura and Kaiba got written out of it. It would've been so much cooler with them there, but no, their character roles got replaced by Atem, Grandpa, and Alex/ATG. And the 2 DVDs were a total gyp since there's more in the televised episodes, and the deleted scenes weren't so deleted after all. Al Kahn needs to be shot dead!
  • If you don't like Yugioh, you'll probably hate it. The plot is unbelievably stupid. A pyramid in India, built by Alexander the Great, contains this magic world that a modern game is based on. Yugi and Co go there and have to game their way out.

Yay. More crap by 4kids. To start off, let me say that I am a HUGE Yugioh fan, and I still hate this. Capsule Monsters is a twelve episode series that 4kids made to make more money off of Yugioh. Before they aired it on TV, they released it as a set of DVDs. Each of these DVDs were 90 minutes with around half an hour of "deleted scenes", for 240 minutes overall. Divide that by 20, you get twelve episodes. The "deleted scenes" are just random crap that 4kids threw in so they'd have enough to make the TV show. Whenever you're watching it, and something incredibly stupid that has no point happens, you can bet it was a "deleted scene".

This series features the main 4 characters from the original Yugioh, (Yugi, Joey, Tristan, Téa) Yugi's grandpa, and a villian 4kids made up named Alex something or other. The only reason Yugi's grandpa is in it is so 4kids can have all the writing in Egyptian. Becuase, as we all know, "American kids don't read". Therefore, no English words must EVER appear on screen!! Otherwise, we'll immeditately turn off the TV and run out of the house screaming and never watch anything made by 4kids ever again. For whatever crazy reason, 4kids decided NOT to include the other main characters, Seto Kaiba and Ryou Bakura. Now Bakura wasn't in Pyramid of Light, and I'm not a Bakura fangirl, so I don't mind that. But Kaiba?! I don't even like him, and I know that he should be in it. There is no excuse for not having him.

The plot of the series is as follows: Joey wins a trip to India for 4 people. Their plane crashes near a <i>pyramid</i>. That's right. A pyramid. In India. This pyramid was built by Alexander the Great. Oh, also, Yugi's grandpa was in India and disappeared like a week before this all happened. Okay. So they go into the pyramid and find some random guy (Alex something or other) who worked with Grandpa Muto. He says he's in the pyrmid somewhere. Somehow or another, the gang gets transported to the world of, you guessed it, Capsule Monsters. They find Grandpa Muto in Capmon world. They also get Capmon equivalents of duel disks, and Capmon equivalents of cards.

To get out of this world, they have to complete 5 trials. Of course, Yugi is going to be the one who figures out how to beat all of the levels, because we can't have a differnt hero, can we? No. That would involve thinking and creativity, things that we've seen 4kids lacks. As if that weren't bad enough, Joey is going to be possesed! There's only 12 freaking episodes, and they still manage to stick in someone getting possesed. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see that, (Joey's my favorite chracter) but I know 4kids is going to make it stupid.

I don't know who animated this series, but I don't like them. Téa's hair is seriously messed up in every single episode. The facial expressions (specifically, eyes) are really different, and I don't like it. Besides that, it's not too bad. At least it's better than the memory arc. That was the most hideous artwork I've ever seen.

In closing, Capmon is an okay series compared to the rest of the crap on TV, but unless you're a Yugioh fan to begin with, I don't think you're going to want to watch more than 5 minutes of it.
  • okay i guess

this is another 4kids piece of work but it's not that bad even though some parts were weird but some were cool and funny. Capmon is based in a bord game a great big game when your the game pieces, bummer i wanted to be the car. when yugi and his friends get sucked in the fight begins. Big bugs, killer plants, man-eater flower.......lovely but there is some good things that happen you can wipe out duel monster to deffend you self. but before ugi and his friends can get out the have to complet five task, but when the ture evil comes you'll be shocked! not really