Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

A Lying Legend

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Feb 28, 2006 on The CW

• ;

this is the 5th shdow rider we are talking serious here or am i. u see he is an undefeated pharoh of the past, yet it still means trouble for the gang like always. but there is still something wrong here. he may be defeated but thgat does not mean he is good. and no i am not saying his oppents were not easy. this so called king was a horibale duelist. his oppents would always have to throw away the duels. just because he rueled them. his deck is so easy. jaden is still messing up a bit who will win?
  • *coughbadepisodecough*

6.6
    A Lying Legend, one of the weirdest episodes ever, is an excuse. Abidos the Third, is a ancient Egyptian Pharoh (sounds familliar, does it not?) Anyways, this episode and the guy who dueled Jaden really pissed me off! It was a disgrace to the plot-filled and great episodes! Anyways, this epiisode was... Meh)
  • Duel Acadmey doesn't know how to be normal... Cause it's only on Duel Academy Island where you can be attacked by Mummy Zombies AND be abducted by Pharaohs at the SAME TIME!

The episode was rather silly and funny to me. The whole thing was more on the "What would Yugi Do?" side. Like the pep talk, I'm sure Yugi did soemthing like that in the first series... but this is still one of my favorites. The duel starts off kind of slow, with what could barely be called a normal school day,

Jaden being funny and Chazz being mean, you know, normal. Then they get detention, and later on we see the two, plus poor Syrus, walking home. Then, out of no where, mummy zombies come up from the ground and attack the trio, plus Alexis and Zane who were angsting by the lighthouse about Atticus.

Then some more stuff happens... and Jaden and Abidos duel, Jaden wins (of course). And he asks Jaden to join him when he goes back to his time (which looks more like a wedding proposal). Jaden refuses and Abidos goes back to his time, a better person now that he knows the truth about all his duels. Or that's what we're left to think.

The episode ends with Jaden remarking something about being a "Ledgen slayer" and Banner, standing apon a cliff with Pharaoh saying,

"Soon you will face your true test." Dramatic, no?
  • Jaden duels another Shadow Rider

It's Jaden's turn... again! To duel another Shadow Rider! This time, this dude's an Ancient Pharaoh, Abidos the III! He sure can duel well, but Jaden, Sy, Chazz, and everyone else make fun of him for having lame cards, weak cards, not so good special abilities, but Abidos thinks he's great. So, Jaden kicks his butt and defeats him for another item from a Shadow Rider.
  • Jaden Versus Abidos the thhird was somewhat an okay episode although the duel if were played in real life would seem impossible and some of the scenes were out of character but still it is humorous...

This episode wansn't the best episode, when relating to the duel. The good part was that the quotes were humorous and some of the scenes were real good looking. The weird part that oculd have used some clarification was the part when Abidos appeared in his (what was it, a ship). How could someone have appeared out of nowhere form a ship? And mummies grew out of the ground? Well, other than that, the scenery was kind of cool. The duel, though, was kind of short and if you took two humans, gave one Abidos' deck and gave one Jadens' deck, I doubt they'd be able to get the 3 Sacrophaguses and the 4 "HERO" cards out in just a few turns.
  • Jaden Vs. Abidos

This episode greatly remined of the original
    Yu-Gi-Oh series and not just becasue of the Yugi and Kaiba pictures. Abidos's voice is kinda weird at first but you do get used to it as the epiosde progresses. The way that this duel is also very cool. Abidos is also the 5th Shadow rider so this is a must watch!
  • Abidos VS. Jaden

Ok then, I will first explain why this episode is not as liked as The Dark Scorpions, then I will explain what I did like about this episode. Sounds simple enough, right? Good. Ok then, I have nothing against this episode, however out of all of the duelists so far known that are Shadow Riders, this one really just didn't seem like that impressive of a character. In my opinion, the dark scorpions had a clever plan, just did not execute it well. Now then, the first mistake that this Shadow Rider made was to duel Jaden. The guy has defeated every single Shadow Rider so far besides Don Saloog who Chazz wiped out. I must say that this episode is extremely overrated. Also, he never really explained why he joined the Shadow Riders in the first place.

Don Zaloog also had this problem, but it is not as important as he can still be likable. Now then, as for the duel, it was half good and half bad. Really, I would have liked a more monster-filled duel. Really in my opinion, his deck just seemed to be thrown together at the beginning with some weak monsters.

As for why I like it, I did like the concept of a ancient spirit not winning any duels except for the duels that his slaves allowed him to win. However, he is not that bad of a duelist. I liked the idea of actually using the Sarcophigi cards and special summoning a powerful 2500 attack point monster that special summons 4 other monsters. Jaden did deserve to win the duel though, as the pharaoh is just not that good of a duelist. The other major thing I like is Banner's quote end of the episode. They threw it in there perfectly and it just deflected even more suspicion onto him. The quote itself was not that bad either. Thus I give it an 8/10. A great episode, however it is definately the weakest out of the three newest episodes.
  • great

i really like this episode. the zombie/pharoh
    deck abidos uses is not really that half bad.
    jaden uses a 5-card combo:
    heated heart
    emergency call
    richus justice (might be spelled wrong)
    and over soul and hero flash which if you ever get to see the episode is a nice but long combo.
    over all great.
  • Jaden VS Abidos the Third

This episode is good and the duel was also good Jaden use a new coumb.The next assassin of the seven stars are Abidos the Third. The little king called God of Duel is proud of his non defeat in Ancient Egypt. Then, the duel between Jaden and Abidos of the 3rd world begins. Playing with Jaden in this even match, Abidos says you are probally really weak, aren't you Abidos, becomes delightful when he can feel and get the response from the beginning. He gathers three caskets on his place to summon Sprint of Pharaoh. Simultaneously, its for servants are set up. However Jaden has already prepared for his big strike.