Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Duel Distractions (2)

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Feb 09, 2006 on The CW

• Taniya Vs. Jaden: The conclusion of the 2-parter.

The episode begins with screams from Bastion coming from the duel arena. Bastion soon stumbled out, with a sort of blank look on his face. Basically Taniya had told him that she wanted to duel other duelists. Bastion was now extremely depressed, and said that without Taniya, he would give up dueling. Jaden tells him that he should go ask Taniya for a rematch, and that he would come with him. It was proof of Jaden's friendship with Bastion, and it was an interesting element. Bastion wakes him up so that they could go to rematch in the middle of the night, and everybody ened up being there. Well... the rematch ends up not happening, and Jaden and Taniya end up dueling instead. Really, I expected this match, considering that really, he was the guy who dueled the Shadow Riders and won. This duel proved to be an interesting one, with a field spell that had their two souls battle by paying life points. In my opinion, it was an interesting idea and I thank them for coming up with it. At any rate, Jaden wins and the duel seemed to spark Bastion back to his normal self, which I am glad happened. I didn't want this weird Bastion for any longer. Anyway, Taniya is revealed to be a tiger. The ending was quite interesting and I am glad that I saw the episode. It definately earned a 10/10 rating due to the hilarious jokes that the crowd popped out, and the duel was one of the best yet.