4kids Not Dubbing Season 4!

jussicpark

[21]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    Ivlander14 wrote:
    This is the word-for-word response.

"Thank you for writing to us about your interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Because a
    lot of our resources are dedicated to dubbing and airing 5Ds, we will not
    be dubbing season four of GX for this season.

However, this does not mean that we won't ever dub it, it just means that
    it is not on the schedule for the near future.

The 4Kids.tv webmaster"
    So, does this mean that season four will never be shown in the US? Or it will?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TV-kid

[22]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    if its trrue that just means they wont show it for a while

SPDShadowRanger

[23]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 72

"The 4Kids TV Webmaster"

That immediately makes me think otherwise. However, the final episode of Season 3 is not airing alongside the end of Jaden and Yubel's duel.

Master_Rah

[24]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    :
    So they're are pulling a Capsule Monster type deal. They didn't dub Capsule Monster until the middle of GX I think.

Capsule Monsters was a 4Kids production. Meaning 4Kids made it. It wasn't aired in Japan. 4Kids made Capsule Monsters to make one last cash in on the original series basically. I guess they got the idea from Yugioh manga vol. 3(the Shaodow Games volumes, not duelist)

Pikachu315111

[25]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 27

Master_Rah wrote:
    :
    So they're are pulling a Capsule Monster type deal. They didn't dub Capsule Monster until the middle of GX I think.
    Capsule Monsters was a 4Kids production. Meaning 4Kids made it. It wasn't aired in Japan. 4Kids made Capsule Monsters to make one last cash in on the original series basically. I guess they got the idea from Yugioh manga vol. 3(the Shaodow Games volumes, not duelist)

Really, kind of like how Pokemon USA made the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special?

EddyBob15

[26]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 30

Well, I don't like this. First Pokemon, then One Piece, now this. It's just like they did with Megaman NT Warrior, cutting it off before the series was done. They're going to get an earful from the fans about this.

Edited on 08/09/2008 6:40pm

Pikachu315111

[27]Aug 9, 2008
    EddyBob15 wrote:

Well, I don't like this. First Pokemon, then One Piece, now this. It's just like they did with Megaman NT Warrior, cutting it off before the series was done. They're going to get an earful from the fans about this.

What do you mean, they didn't cut off any Pokemon season, just a few filler episodes which had some controversial issues.

gunner_yuna123

[28]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    EddyBob15 wrote:

Pokemon went to PokemonUSA and FUNi got One Piece like they wanted.

PokemonMaster89

[29]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 1
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

"The 4Kids TV Webmaster"

That immediately makes me think otherwise. However, the final episode of Season 3 is not airing alongside the end of Jaden and Yubel's duel.

That's a good point. A Webmaster at 4KidsTV.com may not have inside kind of information. I also thought of that when I read one of the responses, which basically said that they were going to not do it yet, and that didn't match with another response that I read online. While I'm sure season four will air, all of the fear and panic bothered me and so I sent my own email to a 4KidsTV Webmaster last week, but I haven't gotten anything yet.

I honestly don't think we need to worry about this so much. I'm sure that they will dub season four, especially since it is shorter than all of the other seasons and it is the last one before 5D's. They had no problem with airing the last season of Yu-Gi-Oh! on Kids' WB and the first season of GX on CN before. I don't see a reason for them to change that now with the last season of GX and the first season of 5D's. Before all of this panic about season four came up, I read that someone who listened to a 4Kids Press Conference confirmed that new episodes of GX and 5D's would back-to-back in the fall. That makes sense to me and I'll see if I can find it later.

EddyBob15 wrote:

This is nothing like with Pokemon or One Piece. Both of those series had their dubbing studios changed. Megaman NT Warrior also wasn't dubbed by 4Kids. I don't think that series was doing well at all with ratings, unlike GX which has done fairly well, especially since it moved to the CW4Kids.

Edited on 08/10/2008 7:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SPDShadowRanger

[30]Aug 10, 2008
    Yes, please try to find it, it would really help. However, I'm still wondering why the final episode is not airing. Hopefully it is just a schedule mistake.

BAC510

[32]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 26
    They are probably busy with 5D's so they might take a while to Dub EP155.

callie665573

[33]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 30
    As long as the fourth season is dubbed at some point I'm happy. When GX premiered I was scaredthat Yu-Gi-Oh's final season wouldn't be dubbed but it was so the final season of GX will be dubbed at some point.

RaijinPaladinix

[34]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 52
    A situation like this (though non-anime) has been encountered with 4Kids before... when they finished the fourth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 2005, the fifth season that immediately followed was produced, but put up on the shelf until just this recent spring and they were aired while a subseries (TMNT: Fast Forward) sporadically for three years. So it took over three years for a certain plotline to be finished.

That situation seems like the one that will be doomed upon us GX fans. I imagine that if/when GX is dubbed, it'll probably be thrown on sometime when 5D's is on a hiatus and/or reruns (or is possibly finished half a decade from now?). Nonetheless, I personally wish GX would finish, then 5D's dub. Really, seeing new eps of both simultaneously wouldn't bother me a bit.

Matt_Purosky

[35]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 25
    Actually, I have a feeling 4Kids is pulling a Magical DoReMi here. We may see season 4 as a web exclusive.

tmp1114

[36]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    If that happen i am sueing 4kids for not dub yu-gi-oh gx season four.

Pikachu315111

[37]Aug 17, 2008

tmp1114 wrote:
    If that happen i am sueing 4kids for not dub yu-gi-oh gx season four.

Ya, good luck with that.

As for me, I'll wait. Because I see either the following 3 happening:

1. This is all just worry and they'll contineu dubbing GX until the last episode.
    2. Stop to dub 5D for awhile, and then finish dubbing GX.
    3. They never dub the rest of GX and I watch the sub version.

Obviously I'll write reviews if 1 or 2 is the case, though I won't be writing any reviews is 3 is the case.

RaijinPaladinix

[38]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 52
    Matt_Purosky wrote:
    Actually, I have a feeling 4Kids is pulling a Magical DoReMi here. We may see season 4 as a web exclusive.

That happened with my situation as well. If 4Kids does decide to webcast, though, the dub date will still remain 0/0/0 because it hasn't been aired upon commercial broadcasting yet...

Tubelubber

[39]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 58

Well, 4Kids must have a rule: Never leave any episode of any Yu-Gi-Oh! series undubbed.

SPDShadowRanger

[40]Aug 17, 2008
    Considering that Japan is not far into 5Ds, they will probably still dub Season 4 at the same time as 5Ds.