Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Episode Discusion: The Forbidden Ritual (2)

jussicpark

[1]May 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    Pretty good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

callie665573

[2]May 24, 2008
    • level: 30
    A good episode but I was sad since Aster's gone now.

Objectionist

[3]May 25, 2008
    • level: 6

Aster isn't gone for good. And Exodius doesn't work that way in the real game. I have a spiffy Exodius deck that also includes Exodia Necross. At least on my game I do.

callie665573

[4]May 25, 2008
    Objectionist wrote:

Aster isn't gone for good. And Exodius doesn't work that way in the real game. I have a spiffy Exodius deck that also includes Exodia Necross. At least on my game I do.

I know he's not gone for good but it's sad he's gone for the moment.

someone198

[5]May 25, 2008
    • level: 27
    At this point, nobody else knows that he's not gone for good, including Aster. He truly has become more of a hero than he could have ever predicted, making such a sacrifice for someone he barely knows just because he wants to protect her from something so terrible. This was basicaly Aster's moment to shine this season; maybe he didn't win, but he leaves quite an impression. (And like has been said, in a real game, he probably would have won if there's no real Exodia card that works like Exodios.)

Numbah314

[6]May 25, 2008
    • level: 16

Yes, Aster clearly has developed a soft side. And Adrian's verison of Exodios is far more powerful than its real-life equivalent. If it were the real-life version, Plasma's effect would have worked on it, and Aster would have won.

By the way, did anyone realize how much Destiny Hero Departed looks like Aster himself? Thought I'd mention that.

Edited on 05/25/2008 2:37pm

syrusfan

[7]May 25, 2008
    • level: 38
    Numbah314 wrote:

Yes, Aster clearly has developed a soft side. And Adrian's verison of Exodios is far more powerful than its real-life equivalent. If it were the real-life version, Plasma's effect would have worked on it, and Aster would have won.

By the way, did anyone realize how much Destiny Hero Departed looks like Aster himself? Thought I'd mention that.

Now that you mention it, yes.

callie665573

[8]May 26, 2008
    Numbah314 wrote:

Now that I think about it yeah.

Pikachu315111

[9]May 26, 2008

With me having a day off from school, I thought I might as well catch up on the new GX episode I missed. Pretty good episode, and yet again another hero bites the dust for someone who doesn't want to be saved. Sometimes being a hero seems to stinks when you don't get appreciated...

Behind The Duel Scene:
    * So Aster still has all his 4000 Life Points left, and some of the Exodia cards are in the graveyard, so far things are "stable".
    * Forget about convincing Echo to reconsider, she's too obsessed about "helping" Adrain.
    * Why is Crowler holding Jaden by the shoulders? If Jaden still needs help standing up wouldn't it be better to let him lean on a wall?
    * Aster, you might as well forget about Adrian as well, he's too power hungry and thinks power will fill whatever void is left behind.
    * Oh look, Exodia is showing us his King Kong impersonation.

Exodia Family Reunion:
    * Okay, so now we have an Exodios... how many types of Exodias are there? First Exodia, then Exodia Necros, now Exodios?
    * Duh Aster! Echo's Duel Energy being drained is the main point of why you and Adrain are dueling!
    * Have all the Exodia cards in your Graveyard to instantly win? It sounds to be that Exodios is better then Exodia, then again that is probably the main point.
    * Wait, if Destiny Hero Diamond Dude's special ability summoned Disk Commander, then what was that Spell Card that appeared for?
    * Oh grand, Exodios too has Exodia Necros's "Lose-Life-Points-But-Can't-Be-Destroyed" effect, though I guess Aster could try using Kaiba's strategy when he was versing Gozuboro.
    * Chip, chip, chip, you notice the heroes never do big amounts of Life Point damage, they just slowly chip it away little at a time?

Heroes Up To Your Destiny:
    * Aster, Destiny Dogma only has 3400 Attack Points, Adrain just needs 4 Exodia cards in the Graveyard to destroy Dogma.
    * Why do all monsters locked behind a gate have a glowing red eye looking through the door crack? It's like it is playing peek-a-boo.
    * Thank you Aster and Adrain, we already know what is happening, just continue the duel.
    * Umm, everyone, it's not becuase of the darkness that Adrain is acting this way; It's becuase he's nuts, he's been like this since the beginning of Season 3.
    * I wouldn't say who was going to the stars just yet Aster, in Dark World heroes and villians have equal opportunities to be "sent to the stars".
    * Man, Aster knows how to summon a whole batch of Destiny Hereos, doesn't he? Well at least Destiny Hero Plasma is out now.

Stalling To A Slow:
    * Good stall Aster, but one turn isn't really going to stop Exodios unless you manage to bulk Plasma up enough to take the rest of Adrain's Life Points (that or somehow send an Exodia card Out-of-Play).
    * Looks like Adrain also had a way to stall for time too.
    * Um, Aster, you'll need a bit more then 2400 to take on Exodios.
    * Oh, so your plan is basically turn Plasma into a 1200 Direct Damage kamikaze, hope you have enough stall cards.
    * Well Aster was able to stall, but now Plasma is just going to be a 450 Direct Damage kamikaze.
    * Aster, Echo is, sadly, as crazy as Adrain; I explained this above and in the last episode, trying to convince her won't work. Though if you're talking to her spirit then I think it is too late anyway.
    * Nevermind about that stall 2 comments above... This isn't going to be pretty...

I Can't Wait To Be King... Of Dark World:
    * And now with Exodia freed he can now show us his full impersonation of King Kong. But before that, let's give a farewell to Echo.
    * Bond with Yubel gone? So that wasn't the actual Yubel? Hm, wonder if this means she is actually gone for good.
    * Um Adrain, I first think you have to have a kingdom if you want to be king, though I suppose Supreme King Jaden's empire would do...
    * I thought when Exodia's effect you automatically lose, no Life Points Timer thing happens? Then again this is the Dark World they are in...
    * Too bad Adrain couldn't do what Axel did and take the baddie down with him.

Gone For My Friends:
    * Wow, how protective, Aster is "blocking everyone for Exodia... too bad about everyone is taller then Aster and Aster is as thin as a broom!
    * And with a sad goodbye, Aster is obliterated... Is olbiteration (and in Echo's case, haveing your Duel Energy drained) the same thing as being "sent to the stars"?
    * Actually Adrain, Jaden just ignored his friend which allowed the enemy to "pick them off", what you did was sacrifice your only friend.
    * A score to be settled? With who? You said that Yubel's bond was gone, who else are you going after?
    * Of course, Adrain tries to make his actions "noble" by saying how Echo's sacrifice won't be in vein. Only heroes are allowed to say someone's death won't be in vein!
    * Anyway, here is the current "who's where":
    - Main Group: Jaden, Syrus (and Ojama Yellow), Zane, Crowler
    - Sent To The Stars: Alexis, Chazz, Tyranno, Aticus, Jim, Axel, Echo(?), Aster(?)
    - Missing: Jesse
    - Current Enemy: Adrain

Edited on 05/26/2008 7:03pm

coolchris44

[10]May 26, 2008
    • level: 22

good episode.

'poor echo,and aster.

you'll pay for that adrian!!

Numbah314

[11]May 26, 2008
    • level: 16

I know who Adrian is going to "settle his score" with - the same person who gave him that broken Exodios card.

Don't know who that is? Figure it out.

Ivlander14

[12]May 27, 2008
    • level: 28
    Awesome episode. Can't wait for the three-parter "Conquering the Past."
    Oh, and I just had a thought. The song "Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me?)" would be perfect for Jaden right now.

someone198

[13]May 27, 2008
    Evanescence's "Away From Me" is perfect, too (I used that for an amv about this arc).

syrusfan

[14]May 27, 2008
    someone198 wrote:
    Evanescence's "Away From Me" is perfect, too (I used that for an amv about this arc).
    Or Never Too Late maybe. Pikachu, I wouldn't say Yubel is gone for good, or you might be disappointed.

Pikachu315111

[15]May 27, 2008

syrusfan wrote:
    someone198 wrote:
    Or Never Too Late maybe. Pikachu, I wouldn't say Yubel is gone for good, or you might be disappointed.

Well you know I act dumb while writing the reviews, I know very well who Adrian is going after and what happened to Yubel. Though, personally, I think Yubel is one of the creepiest characters, especially with that voice she had when she was just an eyeball.

Hey, do you think the "Advance Crystal Beasts" will still be called that in the dub?

Edited on 05/27/2008 12:48pm

yugiohfan99

[16]May 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    I know very well who Adrian is going after and what happened to Yubel.

I know what happened to Yubel, but who is Adrian going after?
    Is it...Jesse?

syrusfan

[17]May 27, 2008
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

syrusfan wrote:
    someone198 wrote:

Well you know I act dumb while writing the reviews, I know very well who Adrian is going after and what happened to Yubel. Though, personally, I think Yubel is one of the creepiest characters, especially with that voice she had when she was just an eyeball.

Hey, do you think the "Advance Crystal Beasts" will still be called that in the dub?

Maybe, wouldn't count on it. They might call them the Evolved Crystal Beasts.

jbones31874

[18]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 6

If exodious and Plasma's effects were from the TCG, Adrian would have lost easily. Since exodious in the card game doesn't have immunity to spell, traps, monster effects, and can't be destroyed in battle. And Plasma would have negated exodious' effect making exodious have an attack of 0.

I think Adrian played that spell that lets him negate Aster's can't perform battle effect as a quick play spell, which negated Aster's effect, and then Adrian perform his battle phase with exodios.