TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Episode Discussion: Return of the Supreme King (Part 1 & 2)

Pikachu315111

[1]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 27

Ah, so the real duel between Jaden and Yubel finally get on the way, both exchanging blows and getting the upphand (or barely escaping an unwanted outcome). So everyone sent to the stars were just sent to "storing" place, kind of obvious be good to have confirmation. Too bad we only saw Chazz, I wonder how everyone else is doing in there. Well onto my reveiw, which is pretty short considering it includes two episodes (though there isn't much to say while they are dueling):

Last Chance Duel:
    * Jesse, considering you were possessed through the whole Dark World arc, you should be glad you're not passed out.
    * Crowler, how many of these things events have you been through? You should know that the only way home is if Yubel is defeated.
    * Now with Jesse's deck, Jaden will now be able to summon Rainbow Neos (if he can summon both Rainbow Dragon and Neos that is).
    * You know Crowler, you should pay attention to past experiences, then you'll learn that most of these "scary things" isn't anything new.

The Memories Hurt:
    * More memory bubbles? Don't see why, we already know about Yubel causing everyone to not be Jaden's friend.
    * Not surprised a darker cosmic ray hit Yubel. Wonder what would have happened if she was hit with the cosmic ray the Neo Spacians were hit by.
    * Geez, talking with duel spirits, sending your cards into space, having your dreams block, Jaden sure had a strange childhood.
    * So Yubel thought that Jaden wanted her to feel pain to become stronger so she could make Jaden suffer and become the Supreme King. Interesting conclusion she formed there.

A Friend To The End:
    * Syrus in Jaden's only friend from the first season left, so of course he's following right behind Jaden. And looks like Ojama Yellow is coming for the trip too.
    * Yes Crowler, it's a destiny thing, which also pretty much answers all the questions you've asked.
    * Chazz? But how? Maybe since Ojama Yellow is with Syrus it created a contacting link.

Rose With Thorns:
    * And let the second duel between Jaden and Yubel finally begin.
    * Strange, I did't really take Yubel as a flower person.
    * We already know Yubel has the Super Polymerization, we saw here take it. Did she really think Jaden was going to give her it?
    * And here we go again, Yubel summoned herself like past Duel Monsters that dueled (well, most of them). But shouldn't she have jumped onto the field instead of summoning a double of herself?

Getting The Anger Managed:
    * Hm, looks like Jaden is letting his anger get the best of him. Syrus better appear soon or we'll have the Supreme King to deal will all over again.
    * Oh good, Syrus is here, and apparently with kind of obvious news. Defeat Yubel to free everyone sent to the stars, and get control over the Supreme King like Bastion advised him to do.
    * And with that, Jaden summons his Supreme King self. Hopefulyl with his darkness sent to the stars he'll be able to control it.

Switching Themes:
    * So Jaden swaps his Elemental Hero with the Neo Spacians, the card who got the cosmic rays which Jaden wanted Yubel to get.
    * But it isn't darkness that Jaden is using, it's the power of the Supreme King he's using.
    * Luckily Air Hummingbird increased Jaden's Life Points before Yubel forced Aqua Dolphin into battle.
    * Hey, that symbol on Syrus's cheek is activating again. But I thought it only did that when he was feeling that emotion.

Here One Second, Gone The Next:
    * Good try with Grand Mole there, but why would Yubel want to destroy her own card? It's much easier to summon a monster from you hand then your Graveyard.
    * HOLY! Well I guess we now know why Yubel wanted to destroy her own card. Is the dueling Yubel transformed... oh, she isn't (guess it would be hard for a dragon to hold cards).
    * There goes Air Hummingbird, at least he activated his effect two times and got Jaden's Life Points back up.
    * Aren't all of Jaden's cards pesky in some way? And Air Hummingbird and Twinkle Moss aren't even his strongest cards.

This Looking As Bright As A Rainbow:
    * It sounds like Yubel wants to send Jaden to the Shadow Realm.
    * We're down to the final stretch and Jaden is down to 200 Life Points. And why is Yubel suddenly bothering Syrus (and Ojama Yellow)? They are just standing there watching the duel.
    * Oh, forget about the Crystal Beasts, Jaden used Prisma and turned him into Rainbo Dragon, and with Polymerization and Neos Jaden ow has Rainbow Neos.
    * Huh? Why is there no NEXT TIME?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kuja_killer

[2]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 1

Just got done seeing it on CW 10 minutes ago and I gotta say this is extremely intense being the final duel and all with Yubel finally. I don't think I've ever been more filled with suspense, goosebumps and such since probably some of the major duels from WAAY back in the original YuGiOh series like Marik for example.

It was sure a surprise to me at least, seeing that Jaden's back to the supreme king again, (but now in control of it). I could tell from the first momment his eyes started turning that golden brown color again. And I was fully expecting this to turn out to end up being a 3-parter now. Man can't wait 'til next week now since he now just summoned+fused rainbow dragon.

BAC510

[3]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 26
    Exciting battle!! Even though I can hardly understand what Yubel is saying 90% of the time. With Rainbow Neos out, Yubel is going to get a beating. Can't wait for next week but I wonder why they aren't airing the last episode od this Season along with the "Return of the Supreme King" Part 3??

coolchris44

[4]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 22

BAC510 wrote:
    Exciting battle!! Even though I can hardly understand what Yubel is saying 90% of the time. With Rainbow Neos out, Yubel is going to get a beating. Can't wait for next week but I wonder why they aren't airing the last episode od this Season along with the "Return of the Supreme King" Part 3??
    umm i don't know . it was a great episode yubel is so creepy.

the part were it sounds like yubel said the f word was still there.

Edited on 08/19/2008 6:42am

EmberDP

[5]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 13
    coolchris44 wrote:

BAC510 wrote:
    umm i don't know . it was a great episode yubel is so creepy.

the part were it sounds like yubel said the f word was still there.

What did the captions say? Did anyone have them on at the part of the "f-bomb" and get a pic of it?

exterminator25

[6]Aug 27, 2008
    BAC510 wrote:

Apparently, the final series 3 episode will air on september 27th

coolchris44

[7]Aug 27, 2008
    exterminator25 wrote:
    BAC510 wrote:

cool.

exterminator25

[8]Aug 28, 2008
    coolchris44 wrote:
    exterminator25 wrote:
    BAC510 wrote:

cool.

I'm just wondering why they can't air it simutaineously with Return Of The Supreme King

Pikachu315111

[9]Aug 28, 2008

exterminator25 wrote:
    coolchris44 wrote:
    exterminator25 wrote:
    BAC510 wrote:
    cool.
    I'm just wondering why they can't air it simutaineously with Return Of The Supreme King

Because this is 4Kids, no other explanation is needed really.

TV-kid

[10]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

exterminator25 wrote:
    coolchris44 wrote:
    exterminator25 wrote:
    BAC510 wrote:
    cool.

lol

coolchris44

[11]Sep 10, 2008
    TV-kid wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

exterminator25 wrote:
    coolchris44 wrote:
    exterminator25 wrote:
    BAC510 wrote:
    cool.

lol
    double lol!