Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

iwould 4kids have to license yugioh 5D

digimon6060

[1]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 9
    since yugioh GX is ending would 4kids have to license this series to air it in the us or do they already have this series already
    Edited on 02/21/2008 5:21am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gunner_yuna123

[2]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    4kids isn't dubbing anymore anime outside of Yu-Gi-Oh GX. I think they will finish GX and then drop the Yu-Gi-Oh licence and then FUNi can get it since they usally clean up others messes.

Pikachu315111

[3]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 27
    As long as it not 4Kids, it should be good or at least decent.

levister16

[4]Feb 21, 2008
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    4kids isn't dubbing anymore anime outside of Yu-Gi-Oh GX. I think they will finish GX and then drop the Yu-Gi-Oh licence and then FUNi can get it since they usally clean up others messes.
    either funimation or toei becuse both does a good job releasing uncut dvds ,have great voice actors and more greater story and is similar like to japan yu-gi-oh anime series if both funimation or toei gets it they show death scenes thank god , and the yu-gi-oh monster cards will have similar effects to to one in japan or or both funi or toei does it , not how 4kids rueined the effects on the cards we buy in cards packs , and make it different from japan , i cant to 4kids face when yu-gi-oh gos to funimaton or toei they probaly crying , and i be happy like a bird singing joy to the world 4kids is dead

Pikachu315111

[5]Feb 21, 2008

levister16 wrote:
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    either funimation or toei becuse both does a good job releasing uncut dvds ,have great voice actors and more greater story and is similar like to japan yu-gi-oh anime series if both funimation or toei gets it they show death scenes thank god , and the yu-gi-oh monster cards will have similar effects to to one in japan or or both funi or toei does it , not how 4kids rueined the effects on the cards we buy in cards packs , and make it different from japan , i cant to 4kids face when yu-gi-oh gos to funimaton or toei they probaly crying , and i be happy like a bird singing joy to the world 4kids is dead

Well you were probably glad when Pokemon USA took away the Pokemon license from 4Kids (as everyone else was sure celebrating, everyone but 4kids as they were pretty pissed). I wouldn't mind Toei, they are doing a pretty good with Digimon and they didn't cut the death scene of Thomas's mom. FUNi is like Toei, one of these two would be just fine.

4Kids changed effects of cards? I thought that 4Kids only had dubbing rights, not the rights to print the TCG.

tvmasterdoodles

[6]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 30
    well now 4kids did have good voices for Pokemon the new ones suck!

Pikachu315111

[7]Feb 21, 2008

tvmasterdoodles wrote:

Yay, I too did like the old voice actors but I have gotten use to the new voice actors (though Sarah Natochenny could try to sound less stuffed with Ash). However would you rather better scripts or better voices?

Edited on 02/21/2008 8:35pm

levister16

[8]Feb 22, 2008
    tvmasterdoodles wrote:
    no way rember onpeice when 4kids had it sanji sound like he had a cold , the others like luffi , etc sound like kiids but when funimation got it they got adult voices and sound more better and better ratings to , and also they should get transformers

levister16

[9]Feb 22, 2008
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

levister16 wrote:
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:

Well you were probably glad when Pokemon USA took away the Pokemon license from 4Kids (as everyone else was sure celebrating, everyone but 4kids as they were pretty pissed). I wouldn't mind Toei, they are doing a pretty good with Digimon and they didn't cut the death scene of Thomas's mom. FUNi is like Toei, one of these two would be just fine.

4Kids changed effects of cards? I thought that 4Kids only had dubbing rights, not the rights to print the TCG.

they did change tcg card effect from the one in japan for example what card i forgot its name had a good effect both japan shows/ american 4kids gets rights to change effects

Pikachu315111

[10]Feb 22, 2008

levister16 wrote:
    tvmasterdoodles wrote:
    no way rember onpeice when 4kids had it sanji sound like he had a cold , the others like luffi , etc sound like kiids but when funimation got it they got adult voices and sound more better and better ratings to , and also they should get transformers

4Kids gave up their rights to One Piece?

jussicpark

[11]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    So wait, we're not going to see the rest of season 3? 4kids is getting rid of Gx?

Pikachu315111

[12]Feb 22, 2008

jussicpark wrote:
    So wait, we're not going to see the rest of season 3? 4kids is getting rid of Gx?

They're finishing up Season 3, but if we're lucky they'll give the rights up during Season 4 to FUNi or Toei.

jussicpark

[13]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

jussicpark wrote:

They're finishing up Season 3, but if we're lucky they'll give the rights up during Season 4 to FUNi or Toei.

Ok, thanks. I was worried for a while. But this FUNi or Toei companys. Do they really let everything be the same as the japanese version?

edmasterchaos

[14]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 41
    jussicpark wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

jussicpark wrote:

Ok, thanks. I was worried for a while. But this FUNi or Toei companys. Do they really let everything be the same as the japanese version?
    Not completly, but yeah they normally leave almost everything in, if they have to cut something it's because of the channel that's broadcasting it, but FUNi also releases uncut DVDs, im not sure if Toei does the same

gunner_yuna123

[15]Feb 22, 2008
    FUNi is a better choice since 4kids is a spawn from FUNi durring their crappy dubbing years. ToeiUSA isn't going to do any Yu-Gi-Oh unless it's the first anime seris.

AnimeMadness

[16]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 22
    So NOW 4kids decides gives their YGO rights up... Figures right when Yu-Gi-Oh! is over and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is practically finished... Its great that FUNi is going to dub Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D but chances are it won't be that great of an anime... -__-;;

Pikachu315111

[17]Feb 22, 2008

AnimeMadness wrote:
    So NOW 4kids decides gives their YGO rights up... Figures right when Yu-Gi-Oh! is over and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is practically finished... Its great that FUNi is going to dub Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D but chances are it won't be that great of an anime... -__-;;

We don't know who is dubbing the last season of GX and the 5D season, all we know if 4Kids is giving up their rights.

DeityofMasks

[18]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    wait why do you think 4kids is giving up their rights
    yugioh 5d is still yugioh, not a new show its a spinoff
    why can't they renew gx, is it against their contract
    link me to 4kids official interview about this

i heard that 4kids is FUNDING Yugioh 5D and if that is the
    case there is no way 4kids isn't dubbing the new series

Anyway was anime rule in effect before or after they picked up dinosaur king (a dub which is very close in original story and has very little edits) because if it was before
    it must of been a joke
    The story may be drop all anime, with exception of yugioh.

http://www.tv.com/yu-gi-oh!-gx/show/35554/4kids-will-no-longer-be-dubbing-yugioh-gx-the-next-season-4/topic/15769-750514/msgs.html?page=0

You TC are a Troll and have no clue whether 4kids is ending the license. this is you TC in this post, is it not
    you also can't spell you mean "WHY" or leave "i" out

you may not hear about the new season because 4kids pick up new shows and stuff over the summer, which is a while from now

anthonykomonski

[19]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 34
    If Funi or Toei gets the dubbing rights, let's just hope that they have enough money to dub these shows.

FlyinNinjaSqurl

[20]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    Funi would be my first choice in getting the YGO rights. As long as it is out of the hands of 4kids, then it is ok with me