Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

iwould 4kids have to license yugioh 5D

alex4319

[21]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    well ... I highly doubt 4kids would lose the License. the Yugioh franchise is there Shounen property thats actually bringing in profit for them. Funi (I doubt Funi would have interest to dub Yugioh 5d but then again I want them to dub Yugioh the original one .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

The_Volcano

[22]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    4 kids is dead then. since they have decided so do lame shows for grade schoolers i bet they dont last much longer. have been waiting for them to die for a while. unless they decided to do some good this fall with kids wb since they have rights to it this fall. they need to bring back old shows. and maybe get a different time slot.

Tubelubber

[23]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 58
    Hey, maybe it's a coincidence. I mean, YGX debuted in the USA while the original Yu-Gi-Oh! was still airing its final season in the USA. Now it's going to YG5D's, while GX will air its last season in the US as well.

PokemonMaster89

[24]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    I guess that peole do know now that 4Kids is still dubbing anime and will the air next season of GX, as well as 5Ds. They already announced their licenses on both series and I heard that they extended their contract hold over Yu-Gi-Oh! up until 2012. That's not too surprising since that is one of their most successful properties so they'll want to hold onto for as long as they can, as most other companies would do with a successful product.
    Edited on 06/05/2008 10:14am