Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

New Yu-Gi-Oh Series?

  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [1]Jan 12, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    Reposting it here for GX fans.

    Possible new Yu-Gi-Oh seris could be airing after GX ends in April. It seems to be called Duelist Genesis but we need to wait for this to be comfrimed. This reminds me with GX in 2004 when the manga completed it's fun and there was a bit of an add for it at the end.

    http://bbs.newwise.com/thread-350073-1-1.html
    http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/one_man_bus2007/archives/6683323.html#comments

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GolenBlue

    GolenBlue

    [2]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/06/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,842
    o_O

    New Series, New Pairings to Pair! =D New Series, New Cards for us to see! =D Well, I guess we still have to wait.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [3]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    Hmm, Yu-Gi-Oh Genesis huh? Very interesting title concluding the definition of the Genesis:

    Genesis - an origin, creation, or beginning.

    Could we be returning to Yugi and gang (who were part of the original series), go back in time to further see thelegends ofAtem unfold (as that would be the beginning of where everything began, or possibly even further to when Duel Monsters were created (meaning we're going to go straight to the actual beginning), or am I just over analyzing everything?

    Anyway it sounds interesting, new heroes, villians,cards, decks, stradegies, and adventures. Hopefully they'll keep it to the canon like they did with GX. But those in the United States would have to wait for about a year most likely as we still need to finish Season3 (I think we're not even halfway through this season) and the Japanese are already halfway through Season 4.

    Edited on 01/13/2008 8:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jussicpark

    jussicpark

    [4]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 05/18/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 965
    So wait, Gx ends in April with no season 5?The new series will be cool.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tubelubber

    Tubelubber

    [5]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 11/02/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 1,249
    jussicpark wrote:
    So wait, Gx ends in April with no season 5?The new series will be cool.

    I thought GX seasons usually end in September.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [6]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    There are no episodes plannned for May - August.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ivlander14

    Ivlander14

    [7]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 11/21/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 1,833
    I would like a new series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Cleveland16

    Cleveland16

    [8]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 09/28/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 565

    No there will not not be another yugioh seires, thats just another booster pack. So no yugioh series.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaijinPaladinix

    RaijinPaladinix

    [10]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 3,813
    Tubelubber wrote:
    jussicpark wrote:
    So wait, Gx ends in April with no season 5?The new series will be cool.

    I thought GX seasons usually end in September.


    He's talking about the dub, not the original. Season 1 ended in April 2006. Season 2 ended in February 2007. Sounds like a spring trend to me. Of course, we're barely halfway through Season 3.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tubelubber

    Tubelubber

    [11]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 11/02/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 1,249
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    Tubelubber wrote:
    jussicpark wrote:
    So wait, Gx ends in April with no season 5?The new series will be cool.

    I thought GX seasons usually end in September.


    He's talking about the dub, not the original. Season 1 ended in April 2006. Season 2 ended in February 2007. Sounds like a spring trend to me. Of course, we're barely halfway through Season 3.

    I don't buy it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tubelubber

    Tubelubber

    [12]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 11/02/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 1,249
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    There are no episodes plannned for May - August.

    You mean the US version or the original version? I'm getting confused, and I can't read the news properly. I don't speak Japanese!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaijinPaladinix

    RaijinPaladinix

    [13]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 3,813
    Tubelubber wrote:
    I don't buy it.


    Check the episode guide if you don't. Season 1 and Season 2 started and ended around the same time frame. Because of channel conflicts, though, Season 3's ending. could be delayed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [14]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    The japanese version I am talking about people.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [15]Jan 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    Cleveland16 wrote:

    No there will not not be another yugioh seires, thats just another booster pack. So no yugioh series.


    No it is a new seris. This info comes from Janime Forums so don't question it since they are usally the first to know of this for Yu-Gi-Oh and the only relible site out there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of exterminator25

    exterminator25

    [16]Jan 14, 2008
    • member since: 08/08/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 2,554
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    Reposting it here for GX fans.

    Possible new Yu-Gi-Oh seris could be airing after GX ends in April. It seems to be called Duelist Genesis but we need to wait for this to be comfrimed. This reminds me with GX in 2004 when the manga completed it's fun and there was a bit of an add for it at the end.

    http://bbs.newwise.com/thread-350073-1-1.html
    http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/one_man_bus2007/archives/6683323.html#comments


    I can't read it. What does it say?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [17]Jan 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    exterminator25 wrote:
    I can't read it. What does it say?

    Basicly GX anime will end in April and than a new anime will possibly take it's place, a new Yu-Gi-Oh anime.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tubelubber

    Tubelubber

    [18]Jan 14, 2008
    • member since: 11/02/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 1,249
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    Tubelubber wrote:
    I don't buy it.


    Check the episode guide if you don't. Season 1 and Season 2 started and ended around the same time frame. Because of channel conflicts, though, Season 3's ending. could be delayed.

    My money's on a delay. Hopefully not a total cliff hanger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Pikachu315111

    Pikachu315111

    [19]Jan 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,508

    Tubelubber wrote:
    RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    Tubelubber wrote:
    I don't buy it.
    Check the episode guide if you don't. Season 1 and Season 2 started and ended around the same time frame. Because of channel conflicts, though, Season 3's ending. could be delayed.
    My money's on a delay. Hopefully not a total cliff hanger.

    There is no reason for them to end Season 3 early, if Cartoon Network didn't take Yu-Gi-Oh GX off its time slot we wouldn't be so far behind.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [20]Jan 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    This is for the japanese run and not the dub run people!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.