Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

New Yu-Gi-Oh Series?

Ivlander14

[21]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 28
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    This is for the japanese run and not the dub run people!

Even I know that.

I would love a new series. I'm usually a fan of the new cards.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Luan2181985

[22]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    Reposting it here for GX fans.

Possible new Yu-Gi-Oh seris could be airing after GX ends in April. It seems to be called Duelist Genesis but we need to wait for this to be comfrimed. This reminds me with GX in 2004 when the manga completed it's fun and there was a bit of an add for it at the end.

http://bbs.newwise.com/thread-350073-1-1.html
    http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/one_man_bus2007/archives/6683323.html#comments

OK is this for real or just a joke because someone joked like this before; so don't joke about this if you have proof then tell us . I mean a real official proof ,and how do you now before all us i mean this is the begining of season 4 and are you for sure ?

gunner_yuna123

[23]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 13
    Luan2181985 wrote:
    OK is this for real or just a joke because someone joked like this before; so don't joke about this if you have proof then tell us . I mean a real official proof ,and how do you now before all us i mean this is the begining of season 4 and are you for sure ?

From what I got from it, the end is near and a possible new series.

Luan2181985

[24]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    i think as for much i got they culd just take out Chronos and let the show continue ; it culd end ;anyway i think the new series culd be with Yugi and Jaden on a duel with a whole new gang ;the old characters like alexsis and syrus are in of course.
    Edited on 01/28/2008 12:47am

Tubelubber

[25]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 58
    Luan2181985 wrote:
    i think as for much i got they culd just take out Chronos and let the show continue ; it culd end ;anyway i think the new series culd be with Yugi and Jaden on a duel with a whole new gang ;the old characters like alexsis and syrus are in of course.

Well, maybe.

Cleveland16

[26]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    ok look I read that the guy who does the voice of Chronos(now this is the Japanese guy who does the voice for Chronos). He said that they will not renew Yugioh GX for a April-October so the season 4 will be shortend. Like I said before the Duelits Geneise is the start of the series 6 booster packs because the series 5 is done now because of Light of Destruction ok people.

kjh1000

[27]Jan 28, 2008
    Over at the Janime Forums someone said that there will be 182 episodes of Yu Gi Oh GX. I'm not for sure that if it's true or not.

syrusfan

[28]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 38
    [QUOTE="kjh1000"]Over at the Janime Forums someone said that there will be 182 episodes of Yu Gi Oh GX. I'm not for sure that if it's true or not.[/QUOTE There should be 208 episodes.

jussicpark

[29]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    [QUOTE="syrusfan"]
    kjh1000 wrote:
    Over at the Janime Forums someone said that there will be 182 episodes of Yu Gi Oh GX. I'm not for sure that if it's true or not.[/QUOTE There should be 208 episodes.
    The season will be shortend, according what the guy who voiced Chronos. And I hope it dosen't end in 182. That's like 5 more episodes that have to be make up. Around the 190's and 200's, that I'll probably accept.

gunner_yuna123

[30]Jan 28, 2008
    Cleveland16 wrote:
    Like I said before the Duelits Geneise is the start of the series 6 booster packs because the series 5 is done now because of Light of Destruction ok people.

They are also saying it to be tied with a new Yu-Gi-Oh seris.

Tubelubber

[31]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 58
    [QUOTE="jussicpark"]
    syrusfan wrote:
    kjh1000 wrote:
    Over at the Janime Forums someone said that there will be 182 episodes of Yu Gi Oh GX. I'm not for sure that if it's true or not.[/QUOTE There should be 208 episodes.
    The season will be shortend, according what the guy who voiced Chronos. And I hope it dosen't end in 182. That's like 5 more episodes that have to be make up. Around the 190's and 200's, that I'll probably accept.

Why stop it early instead of go on until end of full season?

Cleveland16

[32]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    Cleveland16 wrote:
    Like I said before the Duelits Geneise is the start of the series 6 booster packs because the series 5 is done now because of Light of Destruction ok people.
    They are also saying it to be tied with a new Yu-Gi-Oh seris.
    fine then show me were you found this on Jamine forums because I see nothing aboout a new series. You know I doubt that there will be a new series of Yugioh because the first series is over and GX is in a whole different story line, I mean come on,Yugi is different now he's looks just like Atem all grown up he's not his kid look anymore.

gunner_yuna123

[33]Jan 28, 2008
    Yu-Gi-Oh mankes money so they are possibly will make it the new Pokemon.

Pikachu315111

[34]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 27

gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    Yu-Gi-Oh mankes money so they are possibly will make it the new Pokemon.

Yay, as long as it's making lots of money they'll think of new things to keep it going. But you can't really compare it with Pokemon as Yu-Gi-Oh had done a Generation Jump with GX and seems to be preparing for another one with thisnew series. Pokemon has yet to make a single Generation Jump.

edmasterchaos

[35]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 41
    Well, it's confirmed, there will indeed be a new YGO series in april, but it's called YGO 5D's all the 6 series booster packs will have the logo of the series.

Also the game will drasticly change, so don't be surprised if in the new series they seem to "screw the rules" more, they're just followin the new rules [Tutor monsters?! syncro, i don't wanna use that >.>]

Pikachu315111

[36]Jan 30, 2008

edmasterchaos wrote:
    Well, it's confirmed, there will indeed be a new YGO series in april, but it's called YGO 5D's all the 6 series booster packs will have the logo of the series.

Also the game will drasticly change, so don't be surprised if in the new series they seem to "screw the rules" more, they're just followin the new rules [Tutor monsters?! syncro, i don't wanna use that >.>]

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D? Does anyone what the "5D" is suppose to mean?

Tutor Monsters? Sorry to sound like a newb but what is a Tutor Monster?

edmasterchaos

[37]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 41
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

1.- No, nobody knows what it means yet
    2.- tutor monsters are a new type of monsters that will be involved with the new rules in the game, there is a new monster type [like fusions and effect monster, only that these monsters have white frames] called syncro,and for themto be summoned you need to have the correct tutor monster on the field and other monsters who's convined level equals that of the syncro monster.

They were just announced yesterday so don't worry, everyone is just beggining to know about these

GoldenLugarFool

[38]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 3
    a new series would be amazing. Hope it actually comes.

jussicpark

[39]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 14
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

2.- tutor monsters are a new type of monsters that will be involved with the new rules in the game, there is a new monster type [like fusions and effect monster, only that these monsters have white frames] called syncro,and for themto be summoned you need to have the correct tutor monster on the field and other monsters who's convined level equals that of the syncro monster.

They were just announced yesterday so don't worry, everyone is just beggining to know about these
    So wait, what about Genesis? Also, these "tutor" monsters, I don't understand them.

Pikachu315111

[40]Jan 30, 2008
    jussicpark wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

So wait, what about Genesis? Also, these "tutor" monsters, I don't understand them.

So Tutor Monstersare like Ritual Cardsonly they are Monster Cards.Obviously the Syncro Monsters namecomes from ashortened version ofsynchronize.

Kind of sounds like they are running out of original ideas. They have "contact fusion" for the Neo Spacians and now these Tutor Monsters who are basically fighting Rituals.

Can the Tutor monster itself be used as a sacrifice to summon the Syncro Monster? It would make them a bit more useful as I see no point to have them otherwise.

So any Tutor or Syncro cards revealed or are they saving something for the end of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX?

Oh, and as for the Genesis title, it was most likely scrapped. Before any new show gets finalized they go through a few "temporary titles" until they could actually think up a good name for it. Though since the Boosters are shown with the logo this new "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D" might be the permanent title, but there is always time for a change before printing actually begins.

Edited on 01/30/2008 4:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.