edmasterchaos

[41]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 41
    Pikachu315111 wrote:
    jussicpark wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    Well, it's confirmed, there will indeed be a new YGO series in april, but it's called YGO 5D's all the 6 series booster packs will have the logo of the series.

Also the game will drasticly change, so don't be surprised if in the new series they seem to "screw the rules" more, they're just followin the new rules [Tutor monsters?! syncro, i don't wanna use that >.>]

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D? Does anyone what the "5D" is suppose to mean?

Tutor Monsters? Sorry to sound like a newb but what is a Tutor Monster?

1.- No, nobody knows what it means yet
    2.- tutor monsters are a new type of monsters that will be involved with the new rules in the game, there is a new monster type [like fusions and effect monster, only that these monsters have white frames] called syncro,and for themto be summoned you need to have the correct tutor monster on the field and other monsters who's convined level equals that of the syncro monster.

They were just announced yesterday so don't worry, everyone is just beggining to know about these
    So wait, what about Genesis? Also, these "tutor" monsters, I don't understand them.

So Tutor Monstersare like Ritual Cardsonly they are Monster Cards.Obviously the Syncro Monsters namecomes from ashortened version ofsynchronize.

Kind of sounds like they are running out of original ideas. They have "contact fusion" for the Neo Spacians and now these Tutor Monsters who are basically fighting Rituals.

Can the Tutor monster itself be used as a sacrifice to summon the Syncro Monster? It would make them a bit more useful as I see no point to have them otherwise.

So any Tutor or Syncro cards revealed or are they saving something for the end of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX?

Oh, and as for the Genesis title, it was most likely scrapped. Before any new show gets finalized they go through a few "temporary titles" until they could actually think up a good name for it. Though since the Boosters are shown with the logo this new "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D" might be the permanent title, but there is always time for a change before printing actually begins.

well, it's not exactly how it works, for example,junk synchron [a tutor monster] a tutor monster that is lvl 3 with the effect of summoning a lvl 2 monster in face up DEF possition, and there is junk warrior, the syncro monster, lvl 5 syncro monster whose effect says that to be summoned it needs junk syncro on the field.
    Now the rule would apply this case in this way:
    you summon junk syncro and by the effect you also summon a lvl 2 monster, now in the field you have a total of 5 lvls [2+3] so you can summon junk warrior from the extra deck.

[Extra deck is like the fusion deck, that is the place were you keep your syncro monsters]

Edit: sorry, i made a mistake, it's synchron monsters and tuner monsters ^_^;; synchron are the white cards and tuners are like spirits and toons.

Edited on 01/30/2008 5:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Slacker20

[42]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    and also there still many questions to answer....like bastion in the dark world....why jaden has powers seeing spirits....why chazz and jesse see spirits and many more i can't see them ending the series half way threw season 4. Any way the ending of Gx it just a big rumer!

gunner_yuna123

[43]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    It's been comfirmed it's ending in April so shut up about that. Yes we will miss the characters like with DM when it ended but GX has to end. But hey Yu-Gi-Oh may become the new Pokemon or become like Digimon after the 4th seris it's killed and then 3 years latter a new one comes along for a one time revival.

Pikachu315111

[44]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 27

edmasterchaos wrote:

well, it's not exactly how it works, for example,junk synchron [a tutor monster] a tutor monster that is lvl 3 with the effect of summoning a lvl 2 monster in face up DEF possition, and there is junk warrior, the syncro monster, lvl 5 syncro monster whose effect says that to be summoned it needs junk syncro on the field.
    Now the rule would apply this case in this way:
    you summon junk syncro and by the effect you also summon a lvl 2 monster, now in the field you have a total of 5 lvls [2+3] so you can summon junk warrior from the extra deck.

[Extra deck is like the fusion deck, that is the place were you keep your syncro monsters]

Edit: sorry, i made a mistake, it's synchron monsters and tuner monsters ^_^;; synchron are the white cards and tuners are like spirits and toons.

Uh-huh, I think I now understand. So in the end, you'll have three monsters on the field (Junk Tuner Lvl 3, Lvl 2 Face-up DEF Monster, and Junk WarriorSynchron MonsterLvl 5)as there seems to be no sacrificing involved. And the Synchron Monsters will have a seperate "deck" like Fusion Monsters.

Hmm, that would make an interesting duel: Jaden, specialty of Fusion, verse the new hero character, specialty most likely being Tunorand Synchron.

gunner_yuna123 wrote:

It's been comfirmed it's ending in April so shut up about that. Yes we will miss the characters like with DM when it ended but GX has to end. But hey Yu-Gi-Oh may become the new Pokemon or become like Digimon after the 4th seris it's killed and then 3 years latter a new one comes along for a one time revival.

I wouldn't compare just yet, Yu-Gi-Oh! had a generation jump and is about to do another, Digimon had one generation jump and then alternate reality switch, and Pokemon has yet to have either of these and we still have Ash as the same main character. But conisdering the goals each of the main characters are going for, it's kind of understandable as Pokemon would have the longest, Yu-Gi-Oh! the second longest, and Digimon keep switching through realities now.

mollythepom

[45]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yeah, now in the new series, the people will talk about the legendary duelist, Jaden Yuki and etc. It'll be interesting how and if this is gonna happen. Interesting new types of monsters. Something to look forward to.

Abel-ninja

[46]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 5

i've been reading this post and it sounds really good! A new Yu-gi-oh series: Cant wait!

Also, if yu-gi-oh does return like Pokemon (with new episodes and seasons) that would be really cool!

gunner_yuna123

[47]Feb 1, 2008
    From what I hear 5D's is going to be basicly Card games + Super Sentai. So looks like Yu-Gi-Oh is now Digimon since it's 4th and final seris for awhile was a Super Sentai anime.

Pikachu315111

[48]Feb 2, 2008

gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    From what I hear 5D's is going to be basicly Card games + Super Sentai. So looks like Yu-Gi-Oh is now Digimon since it's 4th and final seris for awhile was a Super Sentai anime.

Super Sentia? Isn't that the Japanese version of Power Rangers? How are they going to combine those franchises together?

gunner_yuna123

[49]Feb 3, 2008
    Pikachu315111 wrote:
    Super Sentia? Isn't that the Japanese version of Power Rangers? How are they going to combine those franchises together?

Remember Digimon Fronier? Digimon + Sentai yeah that's how.

Pikachu315111

[50]Feb 4, 2008
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

Remember Digimon Fronier? Digimon + Sentai yeah that's how.

So the duelists will combine with their Monster? Hmm, interesting, wonder if it'll be like how the guy Joey dueled against during the Orichalcos saga (forgot his name, think it started with a "V", he had a crush on Mai if I remember).
    Edited on 02/04/2008 2:58pm

gunner_yuna123

[51]Feb 4, 2008
    You mean Varon? Yeah his was kinda like Sentai and there is Sho in the manga who did a simmilar thing like Varon and Joey.

Luan2181985

[52]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    I read something about a 18 year old boy who is going to be the main protagonist on the new Yugioh series but i still think it is not real because Jaden hasen't defeated the light of ruin; and it is not like Yugioh to sudenly just out of nowere to end a show; it is not logical and they will lose a lot of fans because the fans all of them will be disapointed why? because it just ends in nothing how can they end it in(181ep) 12 episodes left to destroy the lit of ruin, graduate , win the tornament for Yugis cards-and that can be at least 6 episodes so it is unlogical to end this show unles if Jaden and the gang is shown in the new show but after like 5 Years and Jaden as the protagonist the headman ,Get the picture.

Anyway we will wait and see ;Get Your Game On.

gunner_yuna123

[53]Feb 5, 2008
    Dude they writers drop storylines and pick up storylines in other words Judai is not going to fight the light. The writers are ending GX in April and the info for the new seris was released along with the new booster pack so it's offical.

Rykku_Alsheid

[54]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    So, these monsters are like the Yu-Gi-Oh equivilant of Voltron, right?

gunner_yuna123

[56]Feb 18, 2008

New scan is up and here is the info.

The Main Character is Fudou, Yuusei. He is a D-Wheel operating Duel Rider, who commands a Red D-Wheel, and is a rare kind of Duelist. He is known for his genius style dueling, his considerable duel skill, and his cool and clever personality.

He is aided by Rua and Ruka, a pair of twins, who make fun of fate. They adore Yuusei, and have been in many tough battles. Rua is lively and blundering, while following his calm and collected sister, Ruka.

The main female is Izayoi Aki, a girl with the "Super Ability", a power that can only be used through anguish and sadness. However, meeting Yuusei changes things...

Yuusei's rival is "Jack Atlas", who controls the "King", and is known as the "Absolute King of the Riding Duel". He fears Yuusei's Genius-like dueling, which has crushed every battle opponent in his path.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2lbnjtx.jpg

Edited on 02/18/2008 2:45pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Pikachu315111

[57]Feb 18, 2008
    gunner_yuna123 wrote:

New scan is up and here is the info.

The Main Character is Fudou, Yuusei. He is a D-Wheel operating Duel Rider, who commands a Red D-Wheel, and is a rare kind of Duelist. He is known for his genius style dueling, his considerable duel skill, and his cool and clever personality.

He is aided by Rua and Ruka, a pair of twins, who make fun of fate. They adore Yuusei, and have been in many tough battles. Rua is lively and blundering, while following his calm and collected sister, Ruka.

The main female is Izayoi, Aki, a girl with the "Super Ability", a power that can only be used through anguish and sadness. However, meeting Yuusei changes things...

Yuusei's rival is "Jack Atlas", who controls the "King", and is known as the "Absolute King of the Riding Duel". He fears Yuusei's Genius-like dueling, which has crushed every battle opponent in his path.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2lbnjtx.jpg

So let me see if I got this straight:
    Yuusei Fudou is the main character and is pictured riding the bike.
    2. Rua and Ruka are Yuusei's sidekicks and are the young kids with the green hair on the bottom of the left page.
    3. Aki Izayoi is the "girl of the group" and is the female teenager in the middle of the left page.
    4. "Jack Atlas" is the main rival and is the guy with the blue jacket on the top of the left page.

Some Speculation:
    Yuusei
    - I'm guessing that the motorcycle Yuusei is riding is probably the thing which is going to alloh him to "transform" into his monsters, which I bet are based on motorcycles and other wheeled vehicles. Though I'm curious about this "D-Wheel operating Duel Rider, who commands a Red D-Wheel" business. Sounds to me there might possibly be other "D-Wheel operating Duel Rider" who command different color "D-Wheel"s. Though from the description it sounds like they are going back to a Yugi-centric personality being clever and knwon by all instead of the Jaden-like personality which is laid back and isn't really worried about by others.
    Rua and Ruka - Typical attitudes applied to twin characters (one laid back and the other is serious). I'm probably being too picky here, but does "make fun of fate" mean they do the Kaiba "There is no such thing as fate" or is it something that involves the actual structure of fate (like they can defy it or change it). Yay, I'm proably being picky here, but you never know what they mean in Yu-Gi-Oh until it's too late.
    Aki - Does is describe the ability or just says she has it and how to activate it? Either the "Meeting Yuusei changes things..." means that she either begins not using the ability that often, the way she uses or activated the ability changes, or something else they'll surprise us with.
    "Jack Atlas" - Since there are quotes around his name I'm going to guess this isn't his real name. And does it tell us what this "King" is that he controls?

Overall thr artwork looks good, it looks like they are switching to a darker appearance instead of the bright reds, blues, and yellows of GX.

levister16

[58]Feb 18, 2008
    pic of 5d crew oh yah

levister16

[59]Feb 18, 2008
    heres the link for who wants to know where i got the picture http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/ aka Yugioh OCG News

gunner_yuna123

[60]Feb 18, 2008

Please put the pic in spoiler or link like I have. Also new scans.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2hiav0l.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2vdodfl.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/20p63j9.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2j169ns.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/307rejs.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/1p8k75.jpg