Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Season 4 Topic

gunner_yuna123

[1]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 13

As you know from the others this is for season 4 to keep down on threads.

Previews:

Armed Dragon VS Dragoon D End
    Episode 166 Airing Date: 12/19/2007
    Manjoume's mistake causes Edo to retire from the Pro League and go missing. Meanwhile, Manjoume has been discovered by Mike, a TV Director, and tried his hand at the seat of a Star Duelist. Mike's next gimmick is "Teacher-Pupil Clash! Edo VS Manjoume!!". However, there's a certain secret lying behind Edo's Pro retirement. Lastly, Manjoume and Edo's duel finally gets underway.

Gratitude Duel! Chronos VS The Original Dropout Boy
    Episode 167 Airing Date: 12/26/2007
    Judai and the other's Graduation Album is complete! When Chronos looks at it, he begins to act abnormal. He conducts rigid cl@sses for no reason, suddenly make his students dictate multiplication tables and kanji, and make them do push-ups...In the end, they end up boycotting the lessons and fleeing...Judai then challenges Chronos to a duel. Judai and Chronos's confrontation is the first since the entrance exams. The two summon the same monsters as back then.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

minerva73

[2]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 24
    So will the first topic be pinned up there (just locked) because the rest of the information for Season 4 episodes are in there or should we begin importing them into this topic?

Pikachu315111

[3]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 27

Well, since this is the new Season 4 Discussion Thread, I guess I'll repost my response to the episodes in the first post.

"Armed Dragon VS Dragoon D End" sounds interesting, wonder how Chazz messed up to cause Aster to quit. Wasn't Aster teaching Chazz how to become a pro duelist in one episode?

"Gratitude Duel! Chronos VS The Original Dropout Boy" sounds like a flashback episode. You know, those episodes which shows old flahsbacks and reminds you of all the thingsthat is no longer importent and thus the episode just is awaste of an episode? Well at least we'll get to see Jaden duel Crowler again.

someone198

[4]Nov 17, 2007

I've been watching every subbed episode this season, courtesy of Nebs TV. I LOVE how Judai's developed by now. He's a much more serious character, feeling the full burden of being "the chosen one." He's a lot more quiet and reclusive and just... cool. Heterochromia is a nice side-effect to his new power/split personality- of course, nobody else seems to notice anymore than a certain duelist's friend thirteen years ago noticed whenever he would randomly grow about two feet... oh,I sure hope they don't add an echo of "Yugiooooooooooooooh" whenever this switch happens in the dub.

I'm also glad that we're finally getting some answers about what happened with "the abandoned dorm" and Fubuki's superpowered dark side and everything. Of course, this leak (what else do you want to call it?) from the Shadow Realm (you know that's what they're going to call it in the dub) into Earth doesn't explain the men-in-black who become the Five God Dragon a la the KaibaCorp Big 5. Or why Judai can apparently become a soul jar at will for any Duel Monster.

For some reason, I can't get over a scene in 160, when Judai gives his "I'll never forgive you" glare, and Kenzan tells everyone to run for it, as if, "Oh, no he's mad now! You know what's coming next..." So Judai's now the dangerous "don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry" type of hero. Heading farther down the spectrum from Yu-Gi-Oh toward Evangelion.

exterminator25

[5]Nov 18, 2007
    season 4 has been awesome so far. in the last episode, does judai have to behave like a jerk towards asuka?

GolenBlue

[6]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 15
    Yeah. Judai is being an @ss like everyone else says. But Asuka looks so angry that she'll explode when Rei and Judai is getting along. Jealousy strikes again.

edmasterchaos

[7]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 41

if judai and rei duel as a team, asuka will get jelouse like never before, and if that happens this will be the preview for 163:

***SPOILER***

anyway i hope judai stops being a jerk sometime soon.

clank3

[10]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 9
    What do you think Dragoon D End will be like? Possibly the final destiny monster

exterminator25

[11]Nov 19, 2007
    clank3 wrote:
    What do you think Dragoon D End will be like? Possibly the final destiny monster

hopefully it'll live up to the hype

minerva73

[12]Nov 19, 2007
    exterminator25 wrote:
    clank3 wrote:
    hopefully it'll live up to the hype
    There's hype for it? I just hope that it doesn't take Bloo-D's place in the Destiny Hero family...

jussicpark

[13]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    I just had a thought. With the whole Asuka and Rei changing partners thing. Maybe it has to do with that face-down card that Rei had set. Maybe it's a card that allows you to swtich partners. It's just a theroy.

minerva73

[14]Nov 19, 2007

jussicpark wrote:
    I just had a thought. With the whole Asuka and Rei changing partners thing. Maybe it has to do with that face-down card that Rei had set. Maybe it's a card that allows you to swtich partners. It's just a theroy.

Not a bad theory at all. Pegasus is weird anyways, so he'd probably make a card like that... Or maybe they hired Chumley to do that for them. Probably that's the reason why she looks so upset in the preview of next episode because she didn't want to go to Tyranno's side...

jussicpark

[15]Nov 19, 2007
    minerva73 wrote:

jussicpark wrote:

Not a bad theory at all. Pegasus is weird anyways, so he'd probably make a card like that... Or maybe they hired Chumley to do that for them. Probably that's the reason why she looks so upset in the preview of next episode because she didn't want to go to Tyranno's side...

Could be, or maybe it's still the same theory which everybody is thinking, that Asuka decided to swtich partners because Judai still isn't working together.

Numbah314

[16]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 16

Seeing Jaden the way he is makes me think he made a big mistake by bonding with Yubel. What was he thinking? Yubel was a demon, for pete's sake. And a pretty sadistic one, too. And she fully intended to summon the Super Fusion God, and would have if Jaden hadn't stopped her.

Jaden's reason? He felt responsible. I say, Yubel may once have meant well, but once she turned evil, there was no turning back.

And fusing your soul with that of a psychopath is never a good idea...

someone198

[17]Nov 19, 2007
    Numbah314 wrote:

Seeing Jaden the way he is makes me think he made a big mistake by bonding with Yubel. What was he thinking? Yubel was a demon, for pete's sake. And a pretty sadistic one, too. And she fully intended to summon the Super Fusion God, and would have if Jaden hadn't stopped her.

Jaden's reason? He felt responsible. I say, Yubel may once have meant well, but once she turned evil, there was no turning back.

This is Yu Gi Oh- people share souls with otherwordly freaks of nature with questionable morals all the time. Judai actually seems to be handling it better than Yugi after he first joined with his split personality. Judai can turn his power on and off at will, not subconsciously, he hasn't lost control yet, and he fully knows what he's dealing with and how to use it. I don't know what he was thinking, but I'm pretty sure he knew (even if we don't) what he was getting himself into.
    Edited on 11/19/2007 4:23pm

jussicpark

[18]Nov 19, 2007
    Numbah314 wrote:

Don't forget the Supmere King's and Honset's souls.

clank3

[19]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    What happened with that Feed warrior card Jaden got and used to defeat Zure?

jussicpark

[20]Nov 19, 2007
    clank3 wrote:
    What happened with that Feed warrior card Jaden got and used to defeat Zure?
    It's probably still in Judai's deck, but it's just a guess. Hmph.....I forgot about that.