Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

stardust dragon rarity

The_Volcano

[1]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    does anyone know if the card will be ultra or ultimate. i prefer ultimate. if its going to be ghost and secret only i am goingn to pre order a secret one since i dont really need a ghost one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TV-kid

[2]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    how the poop am i gonna know?

TV-kid

[3]Jul 16, 2008
    e are both super-friends!

Merhimek

[4]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 17

I believe it will be Secret Rare becuase it comes in a tin and all featured tin cards (Jinzo, Dark Magician, ect.), have been Secret Rare.

The_Volcano

[5]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    i mean the booster pack. its on the cover. arent the cover cards usually ghost. i want to know if i should pre order a stardust. i might as well do it anyways i guess since i will be able to summon 3 of them although i was not planning on using all 3. but then again the fusion materials wont be out till the booster pack comes out right?

TV-kid

[6]Jul 18, 2008

heres a pick at least

GoHaN_Buu

[7]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    TV-kid wrote:
    thats just spamming put it in 1 single post oh wait thats how you always were

TV-kid

[8]Jul 22, 2008
    GoHaN_Buu wrote:
    TV-kid wrote:
    u know nothing about tv.com u just walked over here to insult everyone u stupid noob

Pikachu315111

[9]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 27

Here is a rarity list I could find:

Picture Plain/Name Black - Common
    Picture Plain/Name Silver - Regular Rare
    Picture Foil/Name Black - Super Rare
    Picture Foil/Name Gold - Ultra Rare
    Picture, Frame, and Stars Foil/Name Gold - Ultimate Rare
    Picture Foil/ Name White Holographic - Secret Rare

GoHaN_Buu

[10]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    TV-kid wrote:
    GoHaN_Buu wrote:
    TV-kid wrote:
    u know nothing about tv.com u just walked over here to insult everyone u stupid noob
    you my friend are a noob get that right.

TV-kid

[11]Jul 23, 2008
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

u forgot ghost and ultimate should be infront of secret cause ultimate is best

Pikachu315111

[12]Jul 23, 2008
    TV-kid wrote:
    Pikachu315111 wrote:

u forgot ghost and ultimate should be infront of secret cause ultimate is best

Ghost? I just found this list online, if you can find a better one then, by all means, post it.

Edited on 07/23/2008 1:26pm

TV-kid

[14]Jul 28, 2008

Test Prints are cards that have been used to test the machines at Upper Deck Entertainment. Sometimes the cards are accidentally packed into Booster Packs or Starter Decks. The look of these cards may vary. If you find one, keep it, sell it, trade it, or you can return it to UDE in exchange of a Booster Pack of your choice.

[edit] Sample Image

Normal Rares are identical to Commons, except they are slightly harder to find. Comparable to the now-discontinued TCG Short Print and Super Short Print rarities, Normal Rares only exist in the OCG.

Advertisement

Retrieved from "http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Normal_Rare"

A Common card is identified by having a black or white card name and the image is not holofoiled. Some common cards are short printed or super short printed by UDE. A listing of all super short or short prints can be found in Beckett's Official Magazine.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:ElementalHeroSparkmanDP1-EN-C.jpg

Short Prints are identical to Commons, except they are slightly harder to find. This only existed in the TCG, and were discontinued after Ancient Sanctuary, but have since been re-introduced in the TCG in Phantom Darkness.

Advertisement

Retrieved from "http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Short_Print"

Super Short Print's are identical to Commons and Short Prints, except they are much harder to find. They only existed in the TCG, and were discontinued after Ancient Sanctuary.

Advertisement

Retrieved from "http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Short_Print"

TV-kid

[15]Jul 28, 2008

Holofoil Rares are used for early Gameboy Promos. They are akin to Super Rares, but have a coating very similar to Parallel Common cards. However, this coating has none of the consistent layout and texture of the usual Parallel coating.

A Rare card is identified by having a silver card name and the image is not holofoiled.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:WingedKuribohLV10DP1-EN-R.jpg

A Super Rare card is identified by having a black or white card name and the image is a holofoil. More recent video game promo cards have been Super Rares. Currently there is a 1:5 chance of getting one in a booster pack.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:CyberDragonCRV-EN-SR.jpg

An Ultra Rare card is identified by having a gold card name and a holofoil image. The odds of getting an Ultra Rare in a Booster Pack was around 1:12 in Booster Packs before Soul of the Duelist. from Soul of the Duelist onwards the odds became around 1:24. However reprint sets released after Soul of the Duelist such as Dark Revelation Volume 3 use the 1:12 ratio.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:ElementalHeroShiningFlareWingmanEEN-EN-UR.jpg

TV-kid

[16]Jul 28, 2008

An Ultimate Rare card has an "embossed" foil on the Card Artwork, including the borders of artworks, Attribute icon, and on Monster Cards, the Level Stars. The card name is printed gold, like an Ultra Rare. When scanned, the embossed image may be muted and the image indistinct from the background. This card rarity is very hard for Scalers to find, since the card is much thinner than a normal Super Rare or Ultra Rare, with a weight comparable to that of to a Common. Ultimate Rare cards usually also come in a less rare variety that can be found in the same booster with the same card number.

OCG Ultimate Rares tend to scan much better than their TCG counterparts, due to a slightly reflective coating present on all OCG cards (but lacking on TCG cards). This has the advantage of brightening the image, and making the foil image more distinct than on a TCG equivalent. In the OCG, Ultimate Rares have been known to be printed as independant rarities, while they are used exclusively as an additional Booster Pack rarity in the TCG.

On the internet market, Ultimate Rare Cards are often much more valuable than others, even if their effectiveness in the game is only above average.

[edit] Example

Image:RainbowDragonTAEV-JP-UtR.jpg

Ghost Rare is a new rarity introduced in the TCG version of Tactical Evolution. It appears to have a very shiny silver lettering, much like a Secret Rare, with some colors removed from the card image, and the entire card appears to be holographic. The overall effect of these changes is a pale, "Ghost-like" appearance to the card art, especially when scanned. There are only four Ghost Rare TCG Cards: Rainbow Dragon, Elemental Hero Chaos Neos, Rainbow Neos and Honest. It is the TCG version of Holographic Rare.

Image:RainbowDragonTAEV-EN-GR.png

Holographic Rare is a new rarity introduced in the OCG version of Tactical Evolution. It appears to have silver lettering like a Secret Rare Card, and many colors removed from the card image, and the entire card appears to be holographic. At the moment there are six cards which are holographic rare: Rainbow Dragon, Rainbow Neos, Elemental Hero Chaos Neos, Stardust Dragon, Honest and Black Rose Dragon . It is the OCG version of Ghost Rare.

The angle of the card changes the reflected color just like a hologram.

THE ANSWER TO THE STRARDUST DRAGON RARITY IN OCG IS HOLOGRAPHIC SO IT WILL PROBABLY BE A GHOST RARE IN TCG!

TV-kid

[17]Jul 28, 2008

A Secret Rare card is identified by having a silver card name and the image has a unique holofoil known as a parallel holofoil (named due to the parallel dot effect on the image). In sets that are older than Tactical Evolution, secret Rares are all either the first (#000) or last cards in a set.

Secret Rares were at first discontinued due to excessive use of electronic scales, however, they have been re-introduced in Strike of Neos. Currently, the odds of getting a Secret Rare in a Booster Pack is 1:24.

[edit] Sample Images

Image:RainbowDragonTAEV-EN-ScR.jpg

RAINBOW DRAGON IS ALREADY CATOGORIZED AS TOO MANY RARES LOL

This refers to European Secret Rare promos, whose glittery holographics follow a very different 'prism' pattern to their North American counterpart(s).

[edit] Sample Image

European

A Ultra Secret Rare has the Ultra Rare foil over the image, but has the sparkly silver card name like a Secret Rare. There are very few of these cards; only one currently exists in English (the GSE version of "Elemental Hero Wildheart"), with the remaining ten in Japanese.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:ElementalHeroWildheartGSE-EN-UScR.jpg wildeheart is famous i see

An Secret Ultra Rare has the Secret Rare foil over the image, but has the Gold card name like a Ultra Rare.

The only image known for this type of rarity, is an apparently misprinted version of "Gaia the Dragon Champion" in the original Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon booster pack.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:GaiatheDragonChampionLOB-EN-ScUR.jpg GAIA IS FAMOUS TOO I SEE

Parallel Rare is a generic term, used to refer to cards where the entire card surface is holographic (that shows up as an even "haze" on most scans). There are four types of Parallel Rare:

A Rare Parallel Rare is a theoretical rarity that has all the characteristics of a Rare card (ie. no foil image and a silver card name) but has a coating which makes the whole surface reflect. The coating tends to stiffen the card and when scanned the coating creates a uniform haze on the card.

There are no prints of Rare Parallel Rares using the standard coating.

Advertisement

Retrieved from "http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rare_Parallel_Rare"

TV-kid

[18]Jul 28, 2008

A Normal Parallel Rare has all the characteristics of a Common card (i.e., no foil image and a black or white card name), but has the Parallel Rare coating which makes the whole surface reflect. The coating tends to stiffen the card and when scanned the coating creates a uniform haze on the card. This rarity is also sometimes referred to as Parallel Common, as Normal Parallel Rares have always been made from Common cards.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:GraveProtector309-JP-NPR.jpg

A Super Parallel Rare has all the characteristics of a Super Rare (ie. foil image and a black card name) but has a coating which makes the whole surface reflect. The coating tends to stiffen the card and when scanned the coating creates a uniform haze on the card.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:DarkMagicianKnightROD-EN-SPR.jpg

An Ultra Parallel Rare has a gold card title like Ultra Rares, but also has a coating across the surface to make the whole card reflect. The coating tends to stiffen the card and when scanned the coating creates a uniform haze on the card.

[edit] Sample Image

Image:Sample-Photographic-UPR.png

Gold Ultra Rare is a new type of rarity introduced in the Gold Series. It has gold lettering and a holographic foil image like an Ultra Rare, but also has a holographic gold image border, lore text border, and card border. On Monster Cards, the Level Stars are embossed in gold foil, similar to what is found on Ultimate Rares.

[edit] Example

image:BreakertheMagicalWarriorGLD1-EN-GUR-LE.png

and thats the end of that

Pikachu315111

[19]Jul 29, 2008

Dear god, is it even possible for them to add any more kinds of rarities? Well this is definielty more better then the list I find by a huge margin, kudos on writing out the whole thing.

(No, not these kind of Kudos, though they are much more delicious then an applause)

Just a few comments to go along with the few you added:

1. Dear god, is it even possible for them to add any more kinds of rari... oh wait, I already said that.
    2. Aren't test prints suppose to be really expensive on the collector's market or since so many were found their value went down?
    3. What's with the "Advertisment" in your first in-depth post?
    4. Wow, didn't know people would go as far as actually weighing the booster pack. While I didn't have someone who was a scaler, I did know someone who was able to get Super Rare and Ultra Rare because he said that Yugi would be smiling a bit on those Booster Packs instead of his usual straight-face, glaring stare. Though I don't know how much truth was to that, maybe he was secretly weighing the pack with his hand, lol!
    5. Wow, they really really like Rainbow Dragon and Elemental Hero Chaos Neos, don't they?
    6. Out of all the Parallel cards you showed, Swords of Revealing Light sure got the attractive snapshot. Though since the card stiffens, I'm sure there are a few people who have find a way to find them like Scalers can find Super Rare and Ultra Rare, right?

But to answer the question on hand. Like TV-kid said, and I'll quote:

TV-kid wrote:

THE ANSWER TO THE STRARDUST DRAGON RARITY IN OCG IS HOLOGRAPHIC SO IT WILL PROBABLY BE A GHOST RARE IN TCG!

Holographic Rare in OCG (Official Card Game) which is for Japanese cards.
    Ghost Rare in TCG (Trading Card Game) which is for Amercian cards.

Numbah314

[20]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 16

Stardust Dragon may be the rarest card in the set, but the card itself will be incredibly easy to get. All you really need to do to get it is buy the Stardust Dragon Tin. This method will also enable you to get Red Dragon Archfiend and Black Rose Dragon.