Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Ultimate Yu-gi-oh GX RPG game.

Dmluciano

[161]May 28, 2007
    • level: 12
    I have created my theme deck i will tell you during the meeting and see if you guys approve
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RyogaHabiki

[162]May 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    Hi all, interesting thread, and not a bad idea, I halfway based my MSN group on this idea. So its nice to see others working towards the same goal.
    The_Plotter wrote:

Dmluciano wrote:
    Intresting I vote him that too also for the replacement oblisk teacher can we have rocky

I'd like either Rocky157, RyogaHabaki, or coco42 to be the replacement.

Wow, someone wanted me to be the replacement?  Been nice if someone had told me...
    The_Plotter wrote:

Rank Name

Chancellor Tkow

Vice- Chancellor ???

Obelysk Blue HM Rocky157

Ra Yellow HM The_Plotter

Slifer Red HM Dmluciano

Well, if you need a "Vice-Chancellor", I don't mind.
    tkow wrote:
    Rocky157 wrote:
    The_Plotter wrote:

Rank Name

Chancellor Tkow

Vice- Chancellor ???

Obelysk Blue HM Rocky157

Ra Yellow HM The_Plotter

Slifer Red HM Dmluciano

I vot ryogaHabiki as Vice-Chancellor
    He has to say he wants to play first lol.
    Well, you guys could have sent me a message and ASKED if I wanted to. And I would have said YES.
    The_Plotter wrote:

This should be the quiz system.

One person should make 8 Multiple Choice (out of 4 choices) questions.

One person should make 8 True or False Questions.

One person should make 8 questions without choices.

One person should make 4 Multiple Choice (Out of 6 choices) and 4 questions with the answer being a written sentence.

The other 2 can be of your choice.

The questions on the test should be organized like the following:

• 5 (out of 4 choices) Multiple Choice questions.
    • 2 (out of 6 choices) Multiple Choice questions.
    • 4 True or False questions.
    • 5 questions without choices.
    • 4 questions, of the writer's choice.

There are C(8,5) * C(4,2) * C(8,4) * C(8,5) * C(8,4) = 56 * 6 * 70 * 56 * 70 = 92198400 Possibilities.

Is that okay?

Well for a quiz that sounds good, but it looks too easy for a entrance/placement test.
    Rocky157 wrote:
    How about we make 10 multiple choices instead, that way grading would be way eaisier. also can I make the multipe choice.
    I think thats an easier setup. Not sure about only 10, but yeah for entrance exams, multipe choice is eaiser for the student and facutly. My recommendation would be to create a master list of questions, then break it up so we have several versions of the test. For example you might have one question on 5 versions, but in different spots. Lets say you have 100 questions, normally that would be 10 versions with 10 questiosn, but if you do it right, you could have as many as 90 versions. Making it that much harder to cheat.
    WinxCharmed wrote:
    Though I see no other girls have joined yet I'll join it sounds like fun!
    Thank you, a room with only guys gets boring after awhile.
    Dmluciano wrote:
    shhh no one will know the diffrence
    LOL
    Rocky157 wrote:
    minerva73 wrote:

Rocky157 wrote:
    I have the game and you take tests in that so here is what they ask: 10 Multiple Choice Questions (25% True/False) Timed Duel (the duel is pre-set for you and you have to win in one turn. You are allowed to look on your opponent's feild and through your deck) Theme Duel. You will duel one of the Heads using a specific theme (ex. Rituals, E-heroes) we can make a written part

Isn't that Duel Academy for the GBA?

Maybe
    I need to get that game...
    WinxCharmed wrote:
    o nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo I will not get you angry trust me and I will not end up in the obelisk blue dorm if I do I will be amazed!!!! and anyways how could you harm a cute face like this???
    This is all virtual, we can't see your face... For that matter, we can't 100% tell that you are a girl...
    WinxCharmed wrote:
    I know but just had to ask! I want to be an actress!!!
    And I'm in college to become a Computer Science Teacher... Thats not the point...
    WinxCharmed wrote:
    so I'm bored and I'm not very good at waiting on things but I will wait for this I wanna know what dorm I would be in!
    If patience was a test, Slifer Red...
    Dmluciano wrote:
    I want to be a dealer when i grow up! no seriously i don't know. We are having diffcutly because all the staff are in a tourney however its almost over
    Yes, a very intense Tournament. And almost done. I got one more match left.
    WinxCharmed wrote:
    well see ya I'm going to bed and hopefully by tomorrow sometime the tests will be ready or the end of this week!
    Give us time, I have a few ideas for how we can administer the test and maybe a few study aids after we get things setup.
    Rocky157 wrote:
    Lets get back on topic, I think the Test should be on Friday June 8. The duel theme will be ritual Monsters so make a deck that will Have those. You will get 500 points for every Ritual monster you summon and the Highest score is 3000. Me, D, and the other head (i think it is plotter) will decide what the other questions are on Friday June 1. So everyone taking the test has enough time to get ready. Whoever the other head is, meet me and D on Friday at 7 EST (4:00 for you D) and we will discuss the other questions.
    NO! I don't stock Ritual Monsters in my deck... I have several Ritual Monsters I could put in, but I choose not to. Making students to that is unfair. If you follow Yugioh, you know that someone's deck should a reflection of that person.
    tkow wrote:

Since Ryoga never accepted his position as Vice-Chancellor, I'll name dtjlge as Vice-Chancellor because we already created 5 or 6 proctor decks together. I'll explain how you, the proctors, can use them during the meeting.

HEY! Nobody asked me... You posted on a thread I never read, until now. How is that fair?
    WinxCharmed wrote:
    Boys and their toys!!!!!!
    Well, girls have toys too...

RyogaHabiki

[163]May 28, 2007

Ok, so you guys wanted me to help, but never asked me, then because I didn't say "Yes" in time, you don't want me?

RyogaHabiki

[164]May 29, 2007

Ok, my recommendations for the testing / placement exams

Part 1
    Written Test.

15 Multipe-Choice Questions (The Test Bank will have 100 Questions to choose from)
    1 Point Per Question (15 Points Total)
    Part 2
    Practical Test.

A "Win the duel in this round" setup (The Test Bank will have 10 scenaros to choose from)
    15 Points
    Part 3
    Essay Question

A brief essay question (The Test Bank will have 10 to choose from )
    20 Points
    Part 4
    Procter Duel

A duel with a faculty member using a Procter Deck (God knows how many to choose from)
    50 Points

Total Possible Points = 100
    If you scored less than a 50, you will either not be allowed in
    If you scored at least a 50 but not a 60, you will be allowed to join Exodia Black
    If you scored at least a 60 but not a 90, you will be allowed to join Slifer Red
    If you scored at least a 90 you will be allowed to join Ra Yellow
    The only way to join Obelisk Blue is to first be admitted to Ra Yellow, then be granted permission by the Principal

Tracking Progress
    Done at midterm and finals
    Each Dorm will have a in-house tournament
    Next up, all students will take a small written test (given to them by their dorm headmaster)
    Now then, each dorm will submit a report on their dorm to the Principal and Vice-Principal.
    From this report will come every student's status.
    The first part of this will be a letter (A, B, C, D, F) - The letter grade said student got on the written test.
    The second part of this will be a number (1 to x (x = number of students in that dorm)) - Where they finished in their dorm's in-house tournament. 1 means lowest ranked student, X means highest ranked student.

Advancement (Method 1) - Exodia Black
    Done at finals (After Tracking Progress)
    At the end of each semester All Exoida Black students are given the Entrance Exam again.
    If the student scores less than a 50, they are kicked out.
    If the student scores at least a 50 but not a 60, they are left in Exodia Black
    If the student scores 60 or higher, they will be advanced Slifer Red

Advancement (Method 2) - Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue
    2 duels will take place.
    The highest ranked Slifer Red vs. the lowest ranked Ra Yellow
    The highest ranked Ra Yellow vs. the lowest ranked Obelisk Blue
    You guessed it, if the Slifer beats the Ra, they switch, and the same is true for Ra and Obelisk
    In addition to those 2 duels, 1 key duel wil take place
    The lowest ranked Slifer Red vs. A procter deck. If said Slifer loses, they will be kicked out.

Advancement (Method 3) - Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue
    Done based on headmaster's schedules
    Duel the headmaster of the dorm you want in.
    After the duel is done, the headmaster will send a report to the vice-principal.
    The VP will then decide based on not only how well they dueled, but the recommendations of that dorm's headmaster whether to allow advancement or not to.

Advancement (Method 4) - Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue
    Done based on the Vice-Principal's / Principal's schedules
    Duel the Vice-Principal or Principal
    After the duel is done, they will decide whether or not advance you to Ra or Obelisk

Note. For tracking purposes, if a student changes dorms, their status becomes E1 until the next midterm/finals. This is used to designate they changed dorms recently.

Edited on 05/29/2007 9:35am
    Edited 8 total times.

RyogaHabiki

[165]May 29, 2007

There is a madness to my method. With this setup, 2 students can take the entrance exam, but they would be different, thus making cheating that much harder. Letting the Dorm Headmasters pick their written tests allows them some freedom, letting them pick mutliple choice, essay, "win this duel in 1 turn", etc. It also means that cheating will be that much harder. The main way to advance not only uses the system I came up for ranking students, but means that the weakest duelists will have to duel to stay in their dorm. The other 2 ways to advance will actually be harder, duel a HM, VP, or P... Plus you can only duel when they are free to duel.  Now the number of advancement duels can increase depending on how many students we get.  Clearly if we have 100,000 students, we will need to have more than 2 advancement duels...

Edited on 05/29/2007 12:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

Dmluciano

[166]May 29, 2007
    cool ideas

tkow

[167]May 29, 2007

You're right Ryoga. We should've directly asked you, but I kinda assumed you had looked already. So, therefore, it is my fault that I kicked you out inadvertently, and I will allow you to decide if you would rather be Vice-Chancellor or Chancellor, and I'll take the other position. Ericwashere15, I have a job for you still, but I'll get there in a minute. Anyway, I think we should forge on with Ryoga's idea, because it is the most intricate and would allow us to run the academy most smoothly.

Moving on to eric's new position, you have three choices: 1. to become a student; 2. to become a general teacher, not heading any dorm but just teaching a class; 3. we could create a 4th dorm for those who score between 50 and 60 on the test and you can head that dorm. (Exodia Black?)

Shayera-Hol

[168]May 29, 2007
    • level: 20
    Can I play, too?

RyogaHabiki

[169]May 29, 2007
    Dmluciano wrote:
    cool ideas
    Thanks
    tkow wrote:
    You're right Ryoga. We should've directly asked you, but I kinda assumed you had looked already. So, therefore, it is my fault that I kicked you out inadvertently, and I will allow you to decide if you would rather be Vice-Chancellor or Chancellor, and I'll take the other position. Ericwashere15, I have a job for you still, but I'll get there in a minute. Anyway, I think we should forge on with Ryoga's idea, because it is the most intricate and would allow us to run the academy most smoothly.

Moving on to eric's new position, you have three choices: 1. to become a student; 2. to become a general teacher, not heading any dorm but just teaching a class; 3. we could create a 4th dorm for those who score between 50 and 60 on the test and you can head that dorm. (Exodia Black?)

Thanks
    Hmm, which position would I prefer? I guess Chancellor. I do like the idea of a "Prep School" for those who didn't score high enough to get into Slifer. I have a few ideas for the MSN Group, which should allow us to use it as a hub.
    I will continue to get things setup, I'm waiting for a few email responses back with the codes to each dorm's bay, as well as a teaching bay.  I've modified my Post to include the 4th Dorm.
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    Can I play, too?
    Sure, depending on how you score on the entrance test will determine if you get in, and if so which dorm you get put in.

I wish to remind everyone that most of the facutly is still involved in wrapping up a major tournament, thus I don't see us getting things up and running until after its done (This weekend).

Edited on 05/29/2007 9:41am

antauri99

[170]May 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    is it too late to join?

tkow

[171]May 29, 2007
    Nope. I think applicants are allowed until June 4th or so, although it's up to Ryoga.

BTW, since Ryoga wants to be Chancellor, I will take the position as Vice-Chancellor, and ericwashere15, if he agrees, will head the 4th dorm.

Jknight253

[172]May 29, 2007
    • level: 9
    I'm still in too I'm a student and I looked at all the post on here just did'nt post on this forum in a while.

antauri99

[173]May 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    ok gimme the test and we'll see how i do

RyogaHabiki

[174]May 29, 2007
    tkow wrote:
    Nope. I think applicants are allowed until June 4th or so, although it's up to Ryoga.

BTW, since Ryoga wants to be Chancellor, I will take the position as Vice-Chancellor, and ericwashere15, if he agrees, will head the 4th dorm.
    Yeah, the 4th sounds like a good cut off date.

The_Plotter

[175]May 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    RyogaHabiki wrote:

Ok, my recommendations for the testing / placement exams

Part 1
    Written Test.

15 Multipe-Choice Questions (The Test Bank will have 100 Questions to choose from)
    1 Point Per Question (15 Points Total)

The_Plotter would say wrote:

Good Idea. My ideas for the 15 multiple choice is that each Staff Member (You, Tkow, Rocky, Me, and D) each make 20 questions that are easy, medium, midhard, hard, and diffucult (respectively), and 3 of each would be on the test. Like D would make a question like 

'How do you summon an attack position monster?

A-faceup Vertically

B-faceup sideways

C-facedown upsidedown'

But Rocky would have a question like

'What requirements must me met to Ritual summon a monster?

A-The apropriate ritual card 

B-The appropriate ritual card, and monsters in your hand/field equaling or more than the summoned ritual monster 

C-A ritual card, and monsters in your hand/field equaling or more than the summoned ritual monster

D-none of the above

E-A, B,and C

Also. The choices for each question should be 3,4,5,6 and 7 (also respectively).

Part 2
    Practical Test.

A "Win the duel in this round" setup (The Test Bank will have 10 scenaros to choose from)
    15 Points

The diffuculty should vary. Like if you get a good score on the multiple choice, you should have a easier Practical test and an harder essay. Like this:

Test Answers Correct     Practical Test Rating    Essay Rating
    2 - 1                                                      5                    1

6 - 3                                                     4                    2

9 - 7                                                     3                    3

10 - 12                                                  2                    4

13 - 15                                                  1                    5

(Ratings 1-5, 1 being easy while 5 Being Hard)

Im saying this since someone who doesnt do well on the test may just be reading-chalenged instead of not knowing.

Part 3
    Essay Question

A brief essay question (The Test Bank will have 10 to choose from )
    20 Points

See my comment for Part 2. I'd also like this to be 19 points, since that way, People who fail the procter duels should not be admitted.

Part 4
    Procter Duel

A duel with a faculty member using a Procter Deck (God knows how many to choose from)
    50 Points

UhHuh. But this should be 51 pts instead, so people who dont win once should not be admitted. also, there should be 3 duels for each proctor test, and you need at least to win 2 to get all 50, and if you only get 1 win, you get 25 pts to win. Just in case it was a bad day, or a bad hand.

Total Possible Points = 100
    If you scored less than a 50, you will either not be allowed in
    If you scored at least a 50 but not a 60, you will be allowed to join Exodia Black
    If you scored at least a 60 but not a 90, you will be allowed to join Slifer Red
    If you scored at least a 90 you will be allowed to join Ra Yellow
    The only way to join Obelisk Blue is to first be admitted to Ra Yellow, then be granted permission by the Principal

For the obelisk Blue part, you should have a comitee of the staff members,and need at least 4 votes to pass. Also, I think they should get at least a 95 to be judged. That way (not saying you or anyone else would would, but) there wont be any favoritism.

Tracking Progress
    Done at midterm and finals
    Each Dorm will have a in-house tournament
    Next up, all students will take a small written test (given to them by their dorm headmaster)
    Now then, each dorm will submit a report on their dorm to the Principal and Vice-Principal.
    From this report will come every student's status.
    The first part of this will be a letter (A, B, C, D, F) - The letter grade said student got on the written test.
    The second part of this will be a number (1 to x (x = number of students in that dorm)) - Where they finished in their dorm's in-house tournament. 1 means lowest ranked student, X means highest ranked student.

Yah. Thats fine. 

Advancement (Method 1) - Exodia Black
    At the end of each semester All Exoida Black students are given the Entrance Exam again.
    If the student scores less than a 50, they are kicked out.
    If the student scores at least a 50 but not a 60, they are left in Exodia Black
    If the student scores 60 or higher, they will be advanced Slifer Red

mmhmm. 

Advancement (Method 2) - Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue
    2 duels will take place.
    The highest ranked Slifer Red vs. the lowest ranked Ra Yellow
    The highest ranked Ra Yellow vs. the lowest ranked Obelisk Blue
    You guessed it, if the Slifer beats the Ra, they switch, and the same is true for Ra and Obelisk
    In addition to those 2 duels, 1 key duel wil take place
    The lowest ranked Slifer Red vs. A procter deck. If said Slifer loses, they will be kicked out.

Yeah, but I think it should be Top 5% (of lower dorm) vs Bottom X*  (Of higher dorm)

*(X equals 5% of the lower dorm) 

Advancement (Method 3) - Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue
    Done based on headmaster's schedules
    Duel the headmaster of the dorm you want in.
    After the duel is done, the headmaster will send a report to the vice-principal.
    The VP will then decide based on not only how well they dueled, but the recommendations of that dorm's headmaster whether to allow advancement or not to.

Yes. 

Advancement (Method 4) - Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue
    Done based on the Vice-Principal's / Principal's schedules
    Duel the Vice-Principal or Principal
    After the duel is done, they will decide whether or not advance you to Ra or Obelisk

Note. For tracking purposes, if a student changes dorms, their status becomes E1 until the next midterm/finals. This is used to designate they changed dorms recently.

yes. 

Okay. Those are my comments. You may choose to listen to them or ignore them.

tkow

[176]May 29, 2007

Plotter, the only problem I see is that I would change up the practical exam / essay correlation.

0 right = 2 practical, 3 essay; A student who gets none right should have to show at least below average dueling skills and average essay writing skills to have a shot at the academy.

1-3 right = 4 practical, 2 essay; A student who gets barely any right should have to show above average dueling skills but only below average writing skills to get into Exodia.

4-6 right = 4 practical, 3 essay; A student who gets few right needs above average dueling skills and average essay-writing skills to get into Slifer.

7-9 right = 3 practical, 3 essay; A student who gets around half right needs average dueling skills and writing skills to get into Slifer.

10-12 right = 4 practical, 4 essay; At this point, students are scoring between 60 and 80% and therefore can shoot for Ra, so they need both above average dueling and writing skills.

13-14 right = 5 practical, 4 essay; These students got most right and should be shooting for Ra or even Obelisk, and therefore must have excellent dueling skills and above average writing skills.

15 right = 5 practical, 5 essay; These students will likely be considered for Obelisk and should therefore be tested at the highest level whenever possible, so they must show excellent dueling AND writing skills.

There is a reason I never assigned a 1 to either section. If a student doesn't make the academy and tries again on the next entrance exam date, they get one point of difficulty dropped off of each test section to give them a better shot at making it. For example, if a student gets 1 right the first time, but 3 right the second time, they will get a 3 practical and a 1 essay instead of a 4 practical and a 2 essay.

PM me with any questions.

Edited on 05/29/2007 4:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Dmluciano

[177]May 29, 2007
    okay i get it

RyogaHabiki

[178]May 29, 2007
    The_Plotter wrote:
    Okay. Those are my comments. You may choose to listen to them or ignore them.
    While its true that nothing is set in stone, I'm not sure I like all of your suggestions. I think to automatically get into Obelisk should be rare. Keep in mind we don't have a Duel Academy Jr. High (O r Prep School (Stupid American Version...)). In the series that was the only way to automatically get into Obelisk Blue. Read my response to Tkow and see if you like my new proposal for Obelisk Blue.
    tkow wrote:

Plotter, the only problem I see is that I would change up the practical exam / essay correlation.

0 right = 2 practical, 3 essay; A student who gets none right should have to show at least below average dueling skills and average essay writing skills to have a shot at the academy.

1-3 right = 4 practical, 2 essay; A student who gets barely any right should have to show above average dueling skills but only below average writing skills to get into Exodia.

4-6 right = 4 practical, 3 essay; A student who gets few right needs above average dueling skills and average essay-writing skills to get into Slifer.

7-9 right = 3 practical, 3 essay; A student who gets around half right needs average dueling skills and writing skills to get into Slifer.

10-12 right = 4 practical, 4 essay; At this point, students are scoring between 60 and 80% and therefore can shoot for Ra, so they need both above average dueling and writing skills.

13-14 right = 5 practical, 4 essay; These students got most right and should be shooting for Ra or even Obelisk, and therefore must have excellent dueling skills and above average writing skills.

15 right = 5 practical, 5 essay; These students will likely be considered for Obelisk and should therefore be tested at the highest level whenever possible, so they must show excellent dueling AND writing skills.

There is a reason I never assigned a 1 to either section. If a student doesn't make the academy and tries again on the next entrance exam date, they get one point of difficulty dropped off of each test section to give them a better shot at making it. For example, if a student gets 1 right the first time, but 3 right the second time, they will get a 3 practical and a 1 essay instead of a 4 practical and a 2 essay.

PM me with any questions.

I have to admit, I like the detail you put into that setup. I like the Obelisk Blue stuff, and see how it could be easily worked in. Keep in mind that as a Army Vet, I use the K.I.S.S. philosphy, alot. With the setup I recommended, if you pass the procter duel, you get in. No matter what, you get in. Which dorm you get in is based on the written parts of the test. How about this, if you score 95% or more, then you have the option to take the Obelisk Blue Exam. Which will be a couple of essay questions and a harder protecter duel. You must then score a 90% or higher to be put on a list. That list is sent to the Vice-Chancellor, who evaluates everyone on the list and decides wheter or not to let them into the Blue Dorm. Sound good?
    Dmluciano wrote:
    okay i get it
    Do I want to know what you got?
    Edited on 05/29/2007 9:11pm

tkow

[179]May 30, 2007

RyogaHabiki wrote:
    I have to admit, I like the detail you put into that setup. I like the Obelisk Blue stuff, and see how it could be easily worked in. Keep in mind that as a Army Vet, I use the K.I.S.S. philosphy, alot. With the setup I recommended, if you pass the procter duel, you get in. No matter what, you get in. Which dorm you get in is based on the written parts of the test. How about this, if you score 95% or more, then you have the option to take the Obelisk Blue Exam. Which will be a couple of essay questions and a harder protecter duel. You must then score a 90% or higher to be put on a list. That list is sent to the Vice-Chancellor, who evaluates everyone on the list and decides wheter or not to let them into the Blue Dorm. Sound good?

Thank you for the compliment, I really racked my brain to figure out a system that would work well while still incorporating Plotter's idea. That being said, I think we should go with your idea because it will be easier for students to understand and I'm sure many people will have no clue what's going on using my test setup. Therefore, I vote for Ryoga's idea.

RyogaHabiki

[180]May 30, 2007
    tkow wrote:

Thank you for the compliment, I really racked my brain to figure out a system that would work well while still incorporating Plotter's idea. That being said, I think we should go with your idea because it will be easier for students to understand and I'm sure many people will have no clue what's going on using my test setup. Therefore, I vote for Ryoga's idea.

Thank you. I have an option for a test bank that the students will be able to download, and have it pull from a question bank we can setup. Then a encoded message will be created for them to post, we will have the program that decodes it and tells us how well they did. I'll probally be using .net to create it so I can easily have it be a standalone app and work with the setup I have in mind.