Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

The CW (ended 2008)

someone198

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Fan Reviews (315)

• *UPDATE AND EDIT* Just watched the Japanese subbed versions and it rocks.

Yes, indeed. It's good, but not as good as the predecessor. But whatever. They had their own qualities.

The japanese version is totally different than the dubbed version. The voices are great, and so is the dialogue. Although, about Syrus, I still can't decide since he sounds like a girl on the original version. And all of their voices are just like what I think they should be. (Except syrus)

The original version lacks the butchering and wounds that 4Kids decided to make. No more childish moments (still it has some silly moments but it's far from bad), you can no longer see them fight like 6 year old kids. (Really, I'm disappointed on Nightshroud on the english dub).

The japanese cultures are back, and the unnecessary censorship is gone and it makes the show more understandable.

The music is also different, and it's nice! It ranges from alternative j-rock with synthesizers and some orchestra) that totally beats those ear-ache inducing guitar twangs. Also, the card layout (the card layout that 4Kids changes for some reason, the cards only display the attack and defense of the monster. No box to explain it's lore and effects), is same, just like the cards in real life.

It still baffles me about the rules being disregarded in here. Why do they always set a monster in a face-up defense position? It should be the opposite, unless with the help of spell and trap cards. But other than that, the show is watchable.

I'm actually taking my time to watch all of it's episodes now.
  • Top Shows - Prefer subtitle version

Season 1, more of the manga (05-13)
  • A Great Yu-Gi-Oh! Spinoff

I really thought GX was great. I never thought it was bad at all. The dub is bad and incomplete with plot holes etc, but the original Japanese version is worth watching. A great show, great characters and nice duels.
  • My top favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Spin-Off

I love this series so much my favorite Duel Set is Elemental Heroes and my dinosaur pets in World of Warcraft are named after Tyranno Kenzan (Tyranno Hassleberry in the English dub). The show is about a school for Duel Monsters and the Slifer Red student, Jaden Yuki.

While Jaden's not as serious as Yami Yugi from the original, they both strongly value friendship which allows Jaden to have many friends.

While the series started out humorous, the series got darker as the seasons went.

One of the reasons I started hating 4Kids is when they canceled GX prematurely to start with 5Ds, which also ended prematurely. Hopefully with Konami running the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, maybe Zexal won't suffer the same fate.
  • Nothing about this show retains any of the ideals that made the original so good

Yugioh GX is a good tv show. I can't argue with that. But its not a good "Yugioh". I've read the reviews for both the original and GX and everyone seems to think it's just about the card game. Duel Monsters, sure it they tried to advertise the cards, but it was about something more. It was about a high school kid who was too shy to make friends and too short to fight the bullies that made his life miserable. If anyone here's ever read the manga they know he entered a deep state of depression before solving his puzzle. But that's the point. This kid, who although smart, had the world stacked against him, did something no one else could and found an inner power. A power in the form of the Pharaoh. Yugi and the Pharaoh were two halves of a whole, he is both the descendant and reincarnation of Atem. THIS is what duel monsters was about, it was about how each and every one of us has an inner power and responsibility, a responsibility to use that power. It also showed us how some people could use this power for evil, with Marik and Bakura, two of the best villains in anime. The whole point was choice. You could chose who you wanted to be, you had the power to do what YOU wanted. That was what this show was about. With GX, it turned into a fullout commercial for the card game that Yugi made famous. There weren't any deep messages like in Duel Monsters. With Marik, you felt sorry for the guy and even felt yourself cheering for him sometimes, because of his dimensional backstory. Then we have his alter ego, the most insane and arguably most evil villain in the entire show. This guy was creepy in the dub and terrifying in the original, but in the manga? Man was he a horror show. With the villains in GX, there's none of that sorrow felt, none of that doubt as to whether or not they really are evil, and the one's that were truly "evil" didn't have the same "bang" as Marik's alter ego did, none of them were the monster under your bed or the thing in the closet. This show succeeded as a children's cartoon but failed miserably as a continuation of the show yugioh truly was
  • If this is what the next generation is like, I don't want to live in the future.

Yugioh GX is an OK spin-off to Yugioh. It wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't good. It takes place in the future, at a dueling academy built by Seto Kaiba. The main character is Jaden Yuki, a boy determined to be the next King of Games and the show centers around his adventures. It's not the most original premise, but it carries it out somewhat well. Jaden has an outgoing personality, and is the stereotypical hero, though he has to be REALLY lucky, since he wins all of his duels. Even Yugi lost a couple of duels. His friends, Syrus, Bastion, Alexis, Chumley, and Chazz are all somewhat shallow, though they have plenty of character development through the show, particularly in the later episodes with darker tones. It's interesting to see how the characters are affected by the scenario in each episode. Speaking of scenarios, the plot sequence in each episode are usually decent, though the first season's first half is mostly about Professor Crowler trying to get Jaden expelled for humiliating him (?) when he beat him at the entrance exam. The character design is also pretty good. Humor is rare in the show, and actual laughs even rarer, with corny jokes that make you want to slap the dubbers.

Ultimately, Yugioh GX isn't the best spin-off, though it has some good factors. Good character design and development with nice artwork, bad jokes and a really odd plot.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! GX may be very different from the original Duel Monsters, but who says that's a bad thing?

I notice a lot of people seem to dislike GX. Maybe it's because they find the main character, Jaden Yuki, annoying. Maybe it's because they find the idea of a duel school stupid. Or maybe it's because a lot of them are fans of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! and refuse to open their mind and actually watch GX, instead of complaining about how it's nothing like the original Duel Monsters!

Personally, I believe it's the latter.

What is GX about? It starts off with a teenage boy, Jaden Yuki, entering Duel Academy (which is owned by Seto Kaiba, from the original Duel Monsters). He makes friends, of course, and deals with a mean teacher, mean students, and anything else you'd expect to see in a show about a teenager going to a boarding school. Of course, there are duels, and because this is Yu-Gi-Oh!, duels lead to villains.

At least that's how it starts off as.

In the later seasons, the duels do become much more serious. The seriousness of these duels even end up affecting the cheerful, happy-go-lucky Jaden Yuki we had all come to know (and love!) and suddenly the show isn't just about a kid going to a duel school. It becomes something much more. I'm not going to go into further detail about that; I don't want to give anyone spoilers!

But, I am going to say this. The show really goes into depth about the characters. And it's great seeing the amount of character development many of the characters go through. The episodes, while many of them may be very light-hearted and not as serious as the original, there many more serious episodes and episodes with darker tones.

I'm not saying GX is perfect. It has its flaws, just like every show does. What I am saying though is that you should give the show a chance. Watch the episodes. Pay attention to the character development. Don't just decide not to watch it because someone told you it was terrible and not worth-watching. And don't just drop the show after watching the first 5 episodes, because it gets much better.

I have seen GX bring a lot of new fans into the fandom and hopefully, it will continue to bring in fans.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX will continue to remain my favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! series and I personally recommend it to everyone. You should all give it a try and you might just love it as much I do.

• Keeps the era of Yu-Gi-Oh alive, Superb Show.

Yu-Gi-Oh Gx was/is made to keep the card games alive. Bringing a whole new concept to the trading card game that has entertained people for many years Gx makes a point of giving the veiwer everything they want in a Yu-Gi-Oh show, tension, emotion and down-right awesomeness. A new protagonist is created, he has been given a wacky personality, which the writers remind you of multiple times throughout the seasons, they have successfully created an icon in the show's history through their use of wit and drama. The show also has other characters, all have their own separate back-story that fits in perfectly not too dramatc, not too sad but just right, it influences their actions in the future and gives Gx a thicker plot to work on, this also gives the writers opportunities to develop the characters to the limit and give more reason to watch to find out about the characters past. As I said before the show employs a lot of drama it combines wit with emotion really well, making you really want to watch the next installment. Overall this is probably a show that has been with me as I've grown up and is one of the best shows I've ever watched.
  • Completely pointless, completely unnecessary, and a complete waste of time. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX will not bring in new fans, and is a disappointment to the old ones.

When I was younger I loved to see Yu-Gi-Oh, collect the cards, and still consider it to be a classic even if it was a little cheesy. It was mature, had some good characters, and the monsters were cool to look at. After the original Yu-Gi-Oh ended a spinoff was created and dubbed by 4Kids, and it was called Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. The show would take place with the events of Yugi and his pals ended, and a kid named Jaden Yuki attending a duel academy. He meets and befriends Cyrus, Alexa, and has to deal with a tough guy named Chazz. With his new friends Jaden must rise to the top of the academy. Now while the whole premise of a young boy wanting to be the best is boring, but successful this show has so many glaring problems. First the idea of a duel academy by Seto Kaiba is seriously ridiculous. Look at the first show Yugi and his friends practiced dueling there was never any duel academy to go to. I mean this is one of the dumbest plot points to ever be shown on television. The characters are all terrible, and have no development at all. Cyrus is a spineless moron, Dr. Crowler is just evil for power only, Bastion tries to be the cool kid, but isn't at all, and Jaden is just overconfident hero who has no real reason to be the greatest, and always wins duels. I am not kidding Jaden never loses at all in a duel. The same format follows him he duels, on the verge of defeat, makes a comeback, and wins. Again look at the first show Yugi lost to Kaiba only to stop Kaiba from dying. Either this kid is a cheater or he is the luckiest kid to ever live. As for the humor where it was once decent it now became corny, and unfunny jokes that made me face palm every time. The artwork is good in this show. The sets look good, the monsters are creative, and the character designs are good. The animation is OK, but it gets stiff sometimes. I also want to address the new catchphrase this show has, get your game on. It's by far one of the worst sayings ever in a show, and they never stop saying that. Also why does this have the Yu-Gi-Oh name? I know the monsters are there, but it has nothing to do from the first show. The Millennium Items, The Shadow Relm, and the characters are never in this show. Sure Kaiba has been referenced, as well as Joey with that robot, and Yami made a short appearance in episode 1, but everyone and everything else are never mentioned in this show. This show was just an unneeded spinoff to a good franchise, and sadly 4Kids didn't learn their lesson, and created another spinoff that while better than this one is still bad. Do yourself a favor and just but some Yu-Gi-Oh cards or go watch the original show, and avoid this one by all means.
  • Not too bad of a show for Yu-Gi-Oh fans

Yu-Gi-Oh GX is a series taking place several years after the original series, which can be seen in episode one. The shows main character is Jaden/Judai Yuki, a young boy who dreams one day he will be the King of Games.

A different twist in this show that the original didn't have is that the main characters of the show (Jaden, Syrus, Chazz, Alexis, Zane, Bastion and a few others as time goes on) are school kid age like Yugi and Joey were at the time of the original Yu-Gi-Oh, however rather then be normal school students they live a school made by Seto Kaiba for dueling called Duel Academy. Overall this show isn't half bad, but if you want to truly enjoy the show, I suggest you watch the subbed version of it rather than the Dub so that way you can see every episode of the series the way it was meant to be seen. I also recommend the sub since GX was canceled in the US before the end of Season 3 so the surprise Series Finale never aired here. Personally after reading some it I prefer the manga and recommend it over the show as it has a better more original story.

If I had to give a reason to watch it to you over original Yu-Gi-Oh or 5D's I'd have to say you yourself should be a high school kid, when you watch it you can kind of relate from year to year of the show like I did when it first aired. Once again good series but far from being as good as the original Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Jaden Yuki, a Slifer Red student, who wants to become the future king of games.

The show is good and all, but my problem with the show would be, that 4kids didn't do a very decent job. I like the show, but compared to the Japanese version, it is done poorly, the storyline is different, and some things are censored, I understand that 4kids is trying to make this show watchable for all ages, but it's not like little kids haven't seen blood, or death. I don't mind them keeping out the bad language, but censoring blood and a death scene? Come on 4kids, you can do much better then that. I wish 4kids would have at least released a uncut season dvd of the show, and what really dissappointed me, is how 4kids ended the show. I know that they want to focus on 5D's for the time being, but why not finish GX first? In my opinion it would have been so much easier. Hopefully 4kids, will one day, listen to the anime fans, and continue dubbing GX, that's all I have to say. I'm not a 4kids hater, I'm just giving them a few tips to make their company a success, I respect 4kids effort in dubbing these shows, and I know it is very hard to dub these shows. But please 4kids at least listen to the anime fans.
  • Yugioh GX is set some time into the future. It's all about a boy called Jaden Yuki, who dreams of going to Duel Academy, and when he does, Duel Academy is put in some tricky situations, meaning the whole colour grade system is turned topsy turvy.

Yugioh GX stars Jaden Yuki, an average kid when he first arrives at duel academy, but a not even a human being when he leaves in the fourth season, due to all the tricky situations he's been through, like the shadow riders, the society of light and YUBEL. And they are all pretty bad experiences, though thankfully, none of them lead to any deaths, well, in the first season Professor Banner turns into a pile of sand, (Like Professor Quirell in Harry Potter.)And unless you count it as a death, then yes there was one death, but Professor Banner's ghost lives on.
  • It is awsome.

The best Yu-Gi-Oh! series so far!Jaden Yuki is a boy who wants to be the next King of Games and he bumps into Yugi, and Yugi gives Jaden his Winged Kuribo card. Jaden goes off to a dueling school and meets Sirus, and they become best friends, and both of them hope to pass the school to be the best that they can! I loved each and every episode that I watched! Jaden Yuki is my favorite character in this new series! It is one of my number one favs. I have watched ever episode of all three seasons.
  • A great new show folowing an older great show. This is a basic sumarry on the show.

Yu-gi-oh gx is a big turn from Yu-gi-oh yugi makes rare appearances and the main character Jaden has no alter ego. The cards are fairly new. The show takes place on an island thaty is onwed by kaiba corp. There are three dorms. Odesick Blue for students with high grades and are well know by inportant poeple. Ra yellow is for poeple with high potencial and know inportant poeple. Slifer red is Jaden's dorm along with syrius the dorm is for c to c+ average students and they have never met an inportant person. Jaden is a nice guy low grades and top dueling ablities. Syrius a low grade kid and unlike jaden he has a lot to work in deuling. Alexis is obelisk Blue and is a top grade student and has a thing for jaden. Chaz is also obelisk blue he's mean aggresive and very powerful in a duel. Bastion is in Ra yellow and duel with calculation's.Dr.villian Crowler is a villian with a stange ego he dispises Jaden for humiliating him in a duel.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't that great, but Yu-Gi-Oh! GX pleases me enough to say that GX kicks the crud out of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't that great, but Yu-Gi-Oh! GX pleases me enough to say that GX kicks the crud out of Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is about a guy named Jaden who learns about Duel Monsters in the Duel Academy, but, Yugi gives him the Winged Kuriboh, so Jaden & company battle evil people & discover evil plots, so I give this show a 10/10!
  • I am so mad! i wanted Yu-Gi-Oh! to go on forever! I dont wanna see any of this series at all! Yu-Gi-Oh! actually had a point the pharoah Atemy was trying to find his memories and then Kazuki Takahashi ruins it by coming with this stupid new series! It's s

0.1
    I hate Yu-Gi-Oh! GX! Kazuki Takahashi should have just kept the original plot forever! The old characters were awesome and they actually had cute characters! Joey was so hot and now they got ugly characters like that Sho kid! Yuk! The only good looking character is jaden. I hope that it fails and Kazuki Takahashi has the old characters come back and find another millenium item or something. i mean, dorm obelisk blue? It is just plain old stupid! I know everthing there is to know about Yu-Gi-Oh! and I say they put yu-Gi-Oh! GX in the garbage because it is the stupidest thing I ever heard of! They never even let the pharoah have another chance to live! I say that Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is the worst anime ever made and that we should all not watch it so Kazuki Takahashi gets his brains back and thinks about what a huge mistake he's made. So I will only give yu-Gi-Oh! GX a 0.1. I hope Kazuki Takahashi realizes he just lost his number 1 fan and that I hope his new series fails and the one after that until he brings back the pharoah, Yugi, Joey, and Mai and all the othere characters. Yu-Gi-Oh will always be my favorite anime!
  • no c i dont think this will work guy

ok well this show could be kindof good with the updated graphics and stuff but hello screw this new kid and wait whats that oh yeah people hate the future forget this kid and his screwing element hero cards and go back to Yugi Joey and Kaiba the gods exodia back to the roots ya know and maybe flash back into the past to say hello to Atem
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX might be good but it will never surpass Yu-Gi-Oh!
    P.S. what the hell is with the new duel disk in GX it looks like a capuccino machine
  • this is the worst ever to happen to me!!!!!!

0.0
    Why!!!!!!! why replace thew people of the original series.Yea they say its runed by kiba corp then where is kiba or mokabua explain that and why isnt joey tristin,yugi and tea this show i know for a fact will not last long at all i know yugioh will be back or kids are going to rampage this ant foing to fly . so this is the fate of yugi due to some stupid cridics i hate it i Hate it i even seen previews of the show and i hate it already. THIS aint fair why cant this happen to pokemon than yugioh ill miss yugioh alot and so will alot of other kids. i thought that yugioh would be around till i was at least out of college but it will be out before i even graduate jr high. this just makes me so mad why why kill the original charictors repace yugi whith this other kid and repalce yugi’s buddies im jjust shaking my head i just was on the yugioh website and they allready got yugioh gx the next big thing not they should just say will be shouting down the website in the next few weeks and puting yugioh in the “look back” section and thats all you see of him everything else is this red kid this blue kid and a yellow dude (really to tell you the truth some of them look ugly) this is my fairwell to yugioh (yugi yami yugi joey tristin and tea rest in pest)
  • Even worse than Yu Gi Oh

5.5
    This show is even worse than the original Yu Gi Oh bad plot about some kid named Jaden who goes to the Duel Academy and has some friends one of them has a crush on Jaden(Alexis) it's a bad plot because Jaden is'nt even related to Yugi and still he's the main character i can't believe my brother used to watch this in the mornings it sucks out loud i can't believe he actually likes anything to do with Yu Gi Oh this should be cancelled forever and they say SpongeBob is bad(which it is'nt).
  • Okay I don't like many of characters. the first Yugioh! season had more memorable characters and cooler stories.

4.2
    Okay I don't like this show much. First off they managed to get even worse characters then before. At least there was Joey Wheeler as a comedic relief before. I don't see the need for this version of Yu-Gi-Oh either then lure more kids into WB Kids shows like this. I don't much care for Jaden Yuki he is funny at times, but he's just a brunette Yugi. That's all. I miss the classic Yugioh it wasn't great, but it wasn't this bad. This academy of card sharks...is really dragging me down. At least I could understand the characters in the first show. But this is just Bad!
  • A rip-off of a half-good tv series.

3.9
    I enjoyed the action of the orignal series better. I prefer their style to the Duelist acadamy. And who's ever heard of some prima donna of school in love with a loser? (Jaden and Alexis)

Well, I have sat down to watch this, and what I saw I was not impressed with. It doesn't have the right action, and it'l lost it's sort of Anime feel. And what happened to Yugi? He's gone! Why call it YU-GI-oh if there is not YU-GI? it should just be Oh! In simpler terms, this show sucks. This has been a Crunch87 Tv review. :)
  • Man anime has gone back 16 years ya heard peeps

4.8
    Yay 3rd review ok lets get it going.. Yugioh GX is a spin off of the wildly popular Yugioh. It stars Jaden Yuki a over zealous student at a school of duel monster. It also stars some strange characters and cards. This honestly sound like a great idea for a spin off. Ok lets start of with the pros or lack of them. First great theme song which to me is what brought me to this show, secondly they go straight to the dueling instead of spending two episode then duel, lastly at times the writting is funny. However now time for the cons. First is the mediocre voice acting to the horrible brittish accent to the syrus high shrill pre-pubesenct voice Im sorry even if i like the characters if the voices annoy me im sorry in not gonna watch it. Secondly besides the great theme song the music is bland and boring compared to the music of other anime like naruto and fullmetal alchemists. Also the edits of the show ARE ENORMOUS when they edit the show you could eaisly tell they just pasted a picture or colored it differently.The writing is bland and uses way to many \"yo\" \"chill and other so called cooled manerisms but all in all the show is slowing growing on me so thats why i gave 4.8 instead of an abysmal review
  • I luv YUGIOH GX!!!!

Its so cool especially when alexis and jaden are trying to gwet together!!!! i hope in season 3 they get together! Jaden is the best no one can beat him except aster and zane but soon he\'ll be the best they really need to show one where him and alexis get together and that will be sooooo intresting and of course romantic!!! She can\'t stop thinking about him but they are the perfect couple and the series does need some love life in it!!!!!!!! I can\'t w8 to c if a new series comes with romance in it between them!!!!!
  • What was a great show has been destroyed by the evil tyranny of 4Kids, cutting down the great and witty aspects of the show and Duel Monsters into a pathetic imitation with horrible, disgusting names, unnecessary editing and boring and cliched dialogue.

This show sucks. Why? Because it's a dub. And all dubs, especially by 4Kids, suck.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh GX (and the original Yu-Gi-Oh) were both... more violent. It was a show meant for older kids, teenagers. What 4Kids basically did was to take this show, butcher it, then put it on the air.

Names - Oh, my, god. The names in this show are horrible. The main character, "Jaden", was named Judai in the original. Asuka, Manjyoume, Sho, Chronos, and Kaiser Ryo were all changed to "Alexis", "Chazz", "Syrus", "Crowler", and "Zane", respectively. It gets much worse in Season 2. Edo Phoenix, one of the cooler characters, is changed to "Aster". Tyranno Kenzan is changed to "Hasselberry". Saiou is changed to "Sartorious" (wtf?!)

Voice Actors - This is something I actually don\'t mind as much. But Edo ("Aster" *puke*) sounds like he has a cold or something.

Violence / "Adult" themes - I put "adult" in quotation marks because there aren't really that many, and when they are, it's not actually so much an "adult" theme. An example is towards the beginning of the season, when Hayato ("Chumley") 's dad comes to Duel Academy. He works in a beer business, but 4Kids changes it to "Hot Sauce". If you're going to change beer, at least make it into a drink! God! Also, there was a lot more violence in the original, which, honestly, made the show a lot better and more interesting. However, 4Kids decided to edit ALL of that.

Dialogue - What was once witty and funny has been changed to corny, cliched jokes. Basically, this -dub- sucks. The original show was great. Don't waste your time with this pathetic imitation.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh is over...it's the thing of the past. The creators really should have thought of that before creating this show.

3.5
    Yu-Gi-Oh used to be an awesome show, I loved it, and so did many people. One of the most anime in our day. But it's over. They shouldn't go any farther with it, just a waste of money. That's what I feel they did with this.

It was nice for a while, seeing this whole new dueling school and characters or whatever, but after a short while it got very repetitive. Jaden duels someone. He gets close to losing. He makes a comeback, and he wins. Yawn. I think Yu-Gi-Oh needs to be put to rest once and for all. We don't need cheesy spinoffs like this to keep us occupied, as time goes on and their are better things to watch.
  • the show pictures stink show stinks

why create this show the other american versions are way better and of course the japanese would be better even though i have not seen them but the japnese version sounds cool.why create this show the other american versions are way better and of course the japanese would be better even though i have not seen them but the japnese version sounds cool.why create this show the other american versions are way better and of course the japanese would be better even though i have not seen them but the japnese version sounds cool.why create this show the other american versions are way better and of course the japanese would be better even though i have not seen them but the japnese version sounds cool.

i know lots ppl liked it but i think gx yugioh american sux u could be talking about the japanese if u are ur probably right its good
    american version sux eggs
  • This show sucks

3.4
    I am a huge fan of the original Yugioh. I even hosted a tournament in my neighborhood which was pretty adorable since I was 12 back then. The main problem I have with thsi show is that it is unoiginal and that it tries so hard to be somethign it is not. I feel as though the duels happen al too fast, and that the plot itself is pretty boring. I really miss the original, because the story and character development in my opinion were better. This show is just a horrible, and unoriginal concept the original Yugioh had. Also why can't Yugioh just continue with its episodes and have some sort of dueling school in a later episode or soemthing. Heck, even make Yugi and his friends challenge the people in this show. This show reminds me of Golden Eye: Rogue Agent for the Gamecube. Yes, it has the same name as the original, but it is nowhere as good as the original and shares little in common. i also think the soundtrack does not suit the type of show this is, especially the theme and closing songs.
  • It's preety cool.

Set a generation into the future, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX revolves around a boy named Jaden Yuki as he begins his life at the new Duel Academy, owned by Kaiba Corp. While running late for his entrance exams, Jaden bumps into Yugi Muto, the King of Games! Seeing a Duel Disk and deck, Yugi thinks he must be a duelist, Jaden confirms this as he says he's on his way for his entrance exams for the Duel Academy. Yugi decides to give him a Winged Kuriboh card, saying it is a lucky card, and he wishes Jaden luck on his exams as he runs off. Although late to the exams Jaden is able to join in, if he wants to get accepted though, he'll have to duel Dr. Vellian Crowler, head of the Obelisk Blue Dorm. Dr. Crowler believes this boy to be a "drop-out boy" because of his low level number, and after giving up the fight against the committee he agrees to duel him, if he wins he's in. Winning the duel was only half of the adventure of the day, as now a member of the Slifer Red Dorm, for the drop-outs and low level players, Jaden must deal with constant duels against stronger and stronger rivals like Chazz Princeton of Obelisk Blue, and Bastion Misawa of Ra Yellow. There are three dorms in Duel Academy, Obelisk Blue for the Elite, Ra Yellow for those with potential, and Slifer Red, for the drop outs.Thank you.
  • what happend

2.4
    i gave this "show" 2.4 it is bad why did they swith to this kid yu-gi-oh was alot better than jaden i have to watch show then i babysit but i would rather brun my eyes what happened to all the old monster s its is bad shoed be number one onthe worst show list ant one who sees this show will say iam right why has't been cansled i have alot of bad thing but i keep it g rated dont watch this sad and how is bad and you will regrert its will hurt your eyes its bad people dont watch it
  • Three words: what..the...heck? Plain and simple, this show is horrendous. It is a huge disgrace and pales absolutely in comparison to the original series. A crappy sequel to a great series in my opinion.

1.6
    Let's see, an academy to learn how to duel? What, was reading the handbook or just going to the offical card site too hard for these people? I'm supposed to believe a couple of teenagers need entire classes just to learn a simple game? Honestly, this requires a huge suspension of belief.

What's more is the plot. Horrendous plot. The original characters had worthwhile goals that transcended that of the card game. Yugioh GX is the typical happy go lucky shonen boy who wants to be the best. A cliche, but effective plot. Yet somehow GX managaes to screw that up. GX's plot is poorly consistent with the original, an example is the shadow games. For those curious, the shadow games and the dark magic were purged when their source, the sennen items and Dark God Zorc were destroyed. For some odd reason they exist in GX...huh? What's more is it seems GX is more commercialized than the original. It seems its the only reason it was created was simply for marketing purposes, and only that. The characters-LAME! Flat one-dimensional characters. The only good ones are Manjoume(Chazz) and Sho(Syrus). The characters' personality and development pale compared to the original. The villains are another thing, they are nowhere near as dangerous, evil and conniving as the likes of Yami Bakura and Yami Malik in the original. These GX villains are incredibly stale.

To wrap it up, it ain't worth watching. The Japanese or the English version.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10