Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

The CW (ended 2008)

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Fan Reviews page 5 of 11

• i din´t like yu-gi so much

Crowler and Bonapart think that they are fired so they try to get a new job. The find out that pegasus is coming so they vow to get a job with him. Pegasus agrees to give them a job if they duel him. they both agree and thus the duel begins. Pegasus once again is using his toon deck and use toon dark magician girl. crowler and bonapart are fighting but later agree to work together. Pegasus is able to turn crowler's gear golem into a toon ancient gear golem which he uses to defeat the two. they turn out not to be fired so they will stay at the academy. Pegasus says that the two are good role models to students likje jaden and the others. a review by coolchris44! nascar rocks and so does yugioh!
  • my review is that it is a great show and non-violated anime good for all of children and also for adults

my review is that it is a great show and non-violated anime good for all of children and also for adults.this videos show a very different characters.
    it also include new cards and method in card battle.it has a full of intense and thrill!!!!!!
    the great thing is you can get a tip on how to fight with yugioh battle cards.
  • Much funnier than the original.

I think Yu-Gi-Oh GX is better than the original, the duels are shorter the most a duel has gone on for is about 3 episodes and thats only happened like once. It is also funnier, it makes me laugh loads. The characters are cool too. I like Jaden, Chazz, Bastion, I like most of the characters. Alexis is alright but most of the time she seems like she has no personality. Each season the show gets better and better! I just love this show, it's one of my favourites. I'm looking forward to season 3, but I have no idea what 4kids will do to the season. It is still a good show and I think anyone who likes animes, should give this one a try.
    I'll admit it. I was upset when I found out it had nothing to do with our beloved Yugi. But have you meet Jaden Yuki? He's hilarious, dedicated, and would do anything for his friends? Yugi, I'm afraid, only has two of these qualities.
    I'm too old for this show, but I watch it any way and I'll keep watching it until it goes off. That's just how I am and what I want. And what I want is to watch a show that's funny, creative, and adventurous. This is it.
  • Get your game on!

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is a spinoff to the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It reveolves around a young boy named Jaden Yuki who attends Duel Academy. He is always pushed around by Crowler because he is a Slifer Red and Slifers are considered the weakest duelists ever. Still, he proves that he is a formidable duelist, even though he doesn't move up to Ra Yellow or Obelisk Blue.

The series may not be as good as the regular Yu-Gi-Oh, but it still very entertaining. There are some really interesting characters with a wide range of personalities, and voices (Ex., Crowler, Tyranno Hassleberry, Chazz, Syrus, Chumley, and Zane, just to name a few.)

Let's hope that though it was badly ruined by 4Kids, this show will still be on.
  • a very funny show

Yugioh gx is a very funny show about kids who come to a dueling high school in order to learn and become the next king of games. There are three dorms Slifer red , Ra yellow ,and Obelisk Blue. The students are placed in the dorms on the basis of their dueling exams results. the main charecters are jaden, syrus, chumley , chazz , alexis ,dr.crowler ,zane,and others such as mindy,jasmine,and atticus. in season two new charecters arrive they are aster, tyranno , bonnapart , sartorius ,and others such as sarina,frost , thunder ,and many others. there are other charecters such as blair and tthe unamed students,and the shadow riders. this is a funny show and has a good plot and great charecters. it is a very good show and i like it a lot. a review by coolchris44.
  • Good. Although I agree with the people that say the original was better.

Getting better and better. The original was better but this one is pretty close. Although I just love the characters to death. And there's so many characters to like too. Each season there are new secondary characters. Although they have brought back some of the older characters into the newer episodes there is just not enough. The downsides? A little too twilight zone and cliche,the protanganist Judai/Jaden is way too overdone and either wins or draws almost everytime totally unreasonably. The villains are pretty overdonen too. However, the writer somehow manage to connect everything together, the duels are awesome and did I mentioned the the characters are to die for? The dub is terrible but at least its getting better. 4kids is finally starting to grow up. Oh yeah, and can anyone please sub the japanese episodes? I'm begging you :( I know Janime has summaries but it just doesn't have the same feeling as watching the show.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Rules!!!

Yu-Gi-oH GX is about a duel achademy where alot of duels happen. If you're like me and love to play Yu-Gi-oH cards this is the show for you. I think it's a little bit better then the original because the duels have a faster pace which makes them more exciting. Also the achdemy has so many duelists with many different decks which makes the duels even more exciting. The duels also have thousands of cards to play so the shw preety much never get's boring. I would reccomend this show to anyone who plays with Yu-Gi-oH cards and even if you don't check out the show. You might end up liking it.
  • Not better than the original, but a close one. Very good.

I love this show a lot. Although I still prefer the original Yugioh better, this one will do since the original ended. Its about a boy named Jaden Yuki, who goes to Duel Academy and well, duels! He has his main friends, Syrus, Chazz, Alexis, Bastion, and Hassleberry who cheer him on and sometimes end up on the enemies side. I think it is a really cool show that shows a lot of cool monsters and awesome duels. It's one of my favorites and always will be. I hope they never end this show because it was sad enough to have ended the original Yugioh. One of the best shows ever!
  • This show is great.Can Jaden be the best duelist?

Set a generation into the future, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX revolves around a boy named Jaden Yuki as he begins his life at the new Duel Academy, owned by Kaiba Corp. While running late for his entrance exams, Jaden bumps into Yugi Muto, the King of Games! Seeing a Duel Disk and deck, Yugi thinks he must be a duelist, Jaden confirms this as he says he's on his way for his entrance exams for the Duel.He is late for the exams so he has to face Dr.Crowler.He beat him or her like nothing.

Anyway he was place in the Slifer Red dorm.There he meets new friends and rivals.His best friends Syrus Truesdale,Chumley Huffington,and Tyranno Hassleberry or something like that.His rivals are Aster Pheonix and Chazz Princeton.He also meets more people.He has an Elemental Hero and Neo-Spacian deck while his friend Syrus likes machine type monster.His other friend Chumley likes Australian creatures and Hassleberry likes Dinosaur monsters.Great show!
  • Another generation of yu gi oh. I mean I really love anime that have seasons. so cool..

This anime is so cool. More dueling... more rivals...more friends...more adventures.
    This is like the same as the original yu gi oh. But i dont care.
    I really love the duel acadamy... I wish I was in it..
    Lets see what dorm i will be in. slifer red ..ra yellow..or obelisk blue..hmmm
  • It's a awesome show in fact i tape every episode of GX! I love it. I just wish they'd quit airing it only on saturdays and back to all weekdays...

It's a awesome show in fact i tape every episode of GX! I love it. I just wish they\'d quit airing it only on saturdays and back to all weekdays... But in retrospect there\'s some bad points about it. One is like when guys like Zane change they continue to refer to him as Zane instead of \"Hell Kaiser\" like in the japenese. But unlike Yu-Gi-Oh! they explain cards in far more detail which is good for beginners learning the game. I hope the show goes on for 20 years! It\'s that good. I hope you all enjoyed my first review.

Yugioh GX is 10x better than the original, it brings more humour and more of a storyline rather than dueling 24/7. The duels don't take as long either, I remember when I use to watch Yugioh, and I'd have to wait about a week, or a week and a half just to see how the duel ends. It's so full of talk in the duels, and you wonder, why does the duel take so long, well that's the answer. Yugioh Gx is more fun and more childlike, I really enjoy this show, I started watching this show about one or two weeks ago and I cannot begin to tell you how much I liked it. It's a big improvement from the original.
  • there is a kid named Jaden who goes to a dueling acadamey to learn how to duel better when he gets there he starts at slifer red but yet he meets new friends very quickly.

This show was a real inspiration to my dueling life because then they made new cards and since the older type of show was getting boring with the repeating episodes was really annoying so I started to watch this season so i couldn't stop espicially watching this season because this season had a lot of adventures so I started watching this because there is a lot of dueling and there are a lot of characters so it is sometimes hard to keep up with everyones names and where they are so thats what I have to do a little review on.
  • Very good.

Yugioh GX is a spin-off of the show Yu-Gi-Oh! In my opinion, it is well written and a very good show worth watching. It revolves around a boy named Jaden Yuki who constantly needs to save the world from destruction by dueling. The duels are awesome and well written. He is a very good duelist and the duels are always exciting, never knowing the outcome. Every season he adds new cards to his deck which are a surprise for us. Overall, its a good spin-off (even though it cannot compare to the original) ,but even still it is a fantastic show. =]
  • This show is better than the original.

I really like Yu-gi-oh GX because of several reasons the villians are cooler and badder then the regular series, and I like Chazz and when he says "You go bye-bye when he wins a duel, and the dorms are cool but I mostly like Obelisk Blue dorm a lot. I give Yu-gi-oh GX a perfect 10.
  • A great spinn off from yu-gi-oh only not as good but its a great show.

It's about this kid named Jaden Yuki who comes to a school about dueling and wants to be as good as Yu-gi-oh these classes there at are named after the egyption god cards this show is one of the only good spin offs not many spin offs are good some are and this show is one of them.
  • i dont think anyone i know knows i watch this except my sister and two of my friends!!

has anyone seen the ep. sad but truesdale,it wasnt what i expected!!!! rise of the sacred beasts part one and two were really good. Uria is my fav sacred beast, raviel and hamon are cool in all, but uria is better.did you notice uria was the best one in the show, too!!!he just kept on coming back.now that card on part 2 of the sacred beasts, the stone where you get 3 different cards you want, and then doubles the monsters atk by how many monsters on you oppoments side of the field,that whoul be awsome!!!!
    i would use it all the time!!!
  • i love this show its the coolest ever ive seen every episode one of my favorite episodes was mirror,mirror it was the coolest especially the end when that weird creature opened all it's eyes then the next episode where the dark creator is summoned

i love this show its the coolest ever ive seen every episode one of my favorite episodes was mirror,mirror it was the coolest especially the end when that wierd creature opened all it's eyes then the next episode where the dark creator is summoned with all its clones and then jaden uses a spell and makes dark creator clones on his side too that was the coolest thing ever i also like the episode where jadon played bastion and the part i loved the most was when bastion played water dragon but in the end jadon still won go jadon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

episode 34 fear factor

see why

this episode has just got a good feel to it.
    i like it when there is duel spirits around. kaibaman is jus a cool card. i want it. i like the way they use kaiba\'s deck and kaibaman being just like kaiba. you just have to like blue eys and i\'m happy that they brought one of the best monster from yugioh into yugioh gx. gx is better than yugioh but it has some of the yugioh spirit inside it. this episode is really good.

i hope you enjoy it to

• Good follow up to a FAN FAVORITE!

This show, I started watching it, "knowing"I wasn't going to like it all that much. Boy, was I ever wrong. I quickly picked out my favortie characters. Bastion, Syrus, and Chazz, to an extent. Anyone who likes Yu gi oh (the original show) would love this show!

what I love best is that the same VAs that were cast in YGO appear in this series. It's really cool. Oh, and keep an eye out for Professor Banner. He's really neat!!

Watch this show, and give it a chance. I garantee you'll love it as much as I do! Get your Game On!
  • a graet show set 25 years after the end of yugioh!

jaden yuki comes to duel academy to become the next king of games and meets many friends such as syrus ,chumley ,alexis and bastion. the students at duel academy are put into three dorms slifer red, obelisk blue, and ra yellow. jaden is the schools top duelist except for syrus brother zane. it is a very good show with a clever storyline and cool charecters and a beuatifuil settings. some characters can see duel spirits. overall it is a great show and is better than the original yugioh series and has great animation and the charecters have neat voices except for syrus of course.
  • I love the new YuGiOh but I would like to know what happen to the rest like, what happened to YuGi, Joey, Taya, Trison? I think Jadon RULES. I also love the song.

Does anyone know what happen to YuGi and the rest? It is like they shut the story off and then started fresh. Well it when sort of wrong. They should have done a episode at the end of the original about what happened to them. Like did Taya and YuGi get married? Did YuGi start dueling on his own and still king of games? Did Joey get any better at dueling and did he finally beat YuGi in a duel? So many questions and no answers. But the favourite part of the new show is the song I love it I have even made dance moves and i enter a sing competion at my school with that song and I came 2nd place. How about that?
  • Very much different from the original.

I wouldn't say that this is very much like the orignal. The orignal was a constant life and death battle with intense and long duels. The elements of GX are much different, though, for better or worse. If you found some stuff in the original repetitive, then GX is the place for you. Now, with less intense and much shorter duels comes a show that you could watch to take a break from the orignal. While this show doesn't have some mystery that lasts more than one season, this is what makes GX special. This is literally a more futuristic version of Yugioh.
  • What happened to the Yugioh we used to know and love??

I honestly think this show is just a copy of Yugioh! It's just a baby version of it and it's unoriginal. Plus, it has new cards that you don't even really need. Why do we need some new Yugioh show to replace the old one? It just seems to be running out of ideas. If there ending the original show end it. Just don't rewrite the same stuff over and over again it's going to get boring. I tried to get into it I just couldn't it was babyish and boring. If you want Yugioh bring back the old version it is much better!
  • Game on!!

This is the best show ever, or in my point of view it is. The duels are short and they don't contine on to the next episode so you don't have to wait until the next episode to know the outcome of the duel. The duels are also much better. When you think the person is about to lose, they do something and just turn the whole duel around. There are also new charecatars, new cards, a new story and a bunch of other new things. But if you miss some of the old things, like Kaiba, you can see some clips of them in some of the episodes.
  • its rocks

Set a generation into the future, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX revolves around a boy named Jaden Yuki as he begins his life at the new Duel Academy, owned by Kaiba Corp. While running late for his entrance exams, Jaden bumps into Yugi Muto, the King of Games! Seeing a Duel Disk and deck, Yugi thinks he must be a duelist, Jaden confirms this as he says he\'s on his way for his entrance exams for the Duel Academy. Yugi decides to give him a Winged Kuriboh card, saying it is a lucky card, and he wishes Jaden luck on his exams as he runs off.

Although late to the exams Jaden is able to join in, if he wants to get accepted though, he\'ll have to duel Dr. Vellian Crowler, head of the Obelisk Blue Dorm. Dr. Crowler believes this boy to be a \"drop-out boy\" because of his low level number, and after giving up the fight against the committee he agrees to duel him, if he wins he\'s in. Winning the duel was only half of the adventure of the day, as now a member of the Slifer Red Dorm, for the drop-outs and low level players, Jaden must deal with constant duels against stronger and stronger rivals like Chazz Princeton of Obelisk Blue, and Bastion Misawa of Ra Yellow.
  • At first when it came out, I hated it. Now when I watched it, I absolutely fell in love with it. GX rocks hard. Period.

In my opinion, GX is even better than the original. GX was more fun to watch and the original was more serious. I really liked the new characters especially Jaden and Alexis, the only one I didnt like was Chumley. Some episodes might not be very intresting but the new episodes just keep getting better and better. If you have nothing to do with your life and your bored, then I highly recommend watching this show. It could change your life forever.

Overall, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is an awesome show and deserves to run more than 4 times a day.

Rock out!
  • It's time to get your game on

I like this show it's just like the old Yu-Gi-Oh! I don't think that its a complete waste of time but overall I think that this is a good show. The characters are some what funny to watch and it's fun. This show is about a kid named Jaden and he's trying to get in Dueling Academy so he goes to orientation and he has to challenge on of the councelers to a duel. Little to find out that he'll be up against on of the Head Masters of Ovalisk Blue. So in the end Jaden wins and get's enrolled in Slyther red which is the low ranked group but in the end jaden realized that it doesn't matter what house and group your in but how you play your cards.
  • A 10 year future of what happens after the original arc with fresh new duelists in a new environment.

When I first heard that Yu-Gi-Oh! had a new season coming out that was not with the original charatures starring I thought,'well this should be good'. At first I did'nt know when it was going to be on but then I saw a commercial on Cartoon Network that said that it was starting on Miguzi. I must say its a good show. I instantly thought hey, this is pretty good. I like the charatures. Jaden is totally hilarious and free sprited. Zane and Syrus are ausome, and they have that brother connection *cough, seto and mokuba, cough* yeah. Anyway, you even get to see some of the original duelists, weather in person or flashbacks. All in all its a really good season.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10