Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Forums

Saturday 11:30 AM on The CWIn Season

Official Japanese Discussion

RaizenYusuke

[1]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 28

I suppose this will be delete once the site gets a an editor for this page, but until than at least there is a discussion page.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

syrusfan

[2]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 38

I'll need to eventually watch the recent episodes. Haven't been motivated enough tbh.

jussicpark

[3]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 14
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I suppose this will be delete once the site gets a an editor for this page, but until than at least there is a discussion page.

In that case, make a post telling the others to come here now in the 5D forums. We have to get the others here to.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Jul 10, 2011

I did post I was starting a discussion page in the ZeXal thread on the 5Ds forum.

I got some episode summaries from YGO wiki. I am unsure if these legit or not. Since they did well with the 5Ds summaries I am willing to believe them until proven wrong.

A Fight to the Death, The Duel Lodge: A Legendary Monster is Reborn!! is the fifteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.

Having clearly seen Kaito's power, and how utterly hopeless they are, Yuma and Astral are keenly aware that they cannot easily recover. At that time, Yuma talks to his grandmother. She mentions a mysterious old man named Jurou at a "Duel Lodge" who owns a wooden statue of the Legendary Monster "Dark Magician", who is waiting for Yuma and his crew. Yuma makes a strong wish based on his desire to train and get better!

The Deadliest Ninja Arts! The Most Terrifying Ninja! is the sixteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.

It's a Duel against Jurou's former disciple, Yamikawa! Yamikawa draws his Ninja monsters, pinning Yuma down, but believing in the power of his friends, Yuma must continue this battle to the Death! But, Yamikawa summons his Trump Card, the Number Monster "Armed Ninja - Crimson Shadow"! However Yuma continues to believe in the power of his friends, but can this possibly lead him to win the Duel!?

The All-Seeing Seer: The Terrifying Fortuneteller - Jin is the seventeenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.

Kotori and her friends, who are interested in the Number cards, plus Astral, form the "Number Club". To get more info about the Numbers, they visit the home of a fortuneteller, but the fortuneteller is under the orders of Kaito to collect the Number Cards! When the fortuneteller, Jin, kidnaps Kotori and the rest, Yuma and Astral come to the rescue, but the memory of their Duel with Kaito comes back, the visions of which continue to haunt them!

Chaos Xyz Change! The Light of Hope: Hope Ray is the eighteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.

To save Kotori and the rest, Yuma continues to fight with Jin over the Numbers. Yuma's Life Points continue to fall, putting the fate of Kotori and the rest in a perilous situation, as Jin worsens things by summoning a second Numbers. In the midst of such a terrible pinch, Astral finds himself scared by Kaito's looming shadow, but when he sees Yuma who refuses to give up, he steps back up to the fight. With the feelings of these two guys, "Hope" obtains a new power!

The Promised "Bring It To 'Em" is the ninthteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.

Yuma misplaces the the Emperor's Key that was an important momento from his parents. He and Astral look high and low for it, but they just can't seem to find it. While they look, Astral is curious as to how the Emperor's Key is related to Yuma's father. Yuma starts talking about various memories from his childhood that he remembers about his dad. Yuma's Never-Give-Up Spirit "Kattobingu" was born from a promise he made with his father.

The Pitch-Black Number: Dark Yuma vs Tetsuo is the twentieth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.

Yuma safely recovers "Number 96: Black Mist" from a man. Tetsuo, who witnessed the Duel, takes note that Yuma seems suddenly more brutal in his strategy, and ends up in a fight with him. Not having reconciled in over 2 days, suddenly Number 96 swallows Yuma and Astral up!! To rescue Yuma and Astral from Number 96, Tetsuo fights the Numbers for the first time!

Edited on 07/10/2011 10:06pm

neoyamato_pi

[5]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 26

Hm, if these episodes prove true, then it looks like Yuuma is hopefully going to show more signs of his growth as duelist. And I presume this means his duel with Kaito ends before it's completed or he wins but is left traumatized from the event. The latter seems better, but I guess we'll see tomorrow/today.

Kwando7

[6]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 18

Kaito's duel was pretty cool. Guess the episodes I read about the female taking up dueling was fake, good thing tho otherwise she would have dropped out anyway. If these number cards take on the form of the users mind whydon't they change when possessed by someone else.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Jul 12, 2011
    I think it so the Numbers don't become a Deus ex Mechina. If they change every time a person gets their hands on them some people would probably complain if one Numbers was ok card before got super bad ass when it got a new owner.

syrusfan

[8]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 38

Not sure. Perhaps beating the card somehow, in a "Pokemon" sense, makes it obey you. I don't know though, no 100% confirmed reason.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Jul 12, 2011
    I watched the raw. Galaxy Eye Proton Dragon is better than I thought. Even if you you use it on non-Exceed monsters it ability to remove monsters that battle it makes a decent defense if nothing else. Kaito was a good duelist. I am looking forward to the rematch. Next week looks like a homage to DM. Dark/Black Magician, Blue Eyes White Dragon/Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon, and Dark/Black Magician Girl statues. To bad no statues of Yugi, Kaiba, and Jounouchi/Joey though.

Kwando7

[10]Jul 13, 2011

so there the same monster but with statue in their name and rock types ? that actually sounds cool

jussicpark

[11]Jul 13, 2011
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I watched the raw. Galaxy Eye Proton Dragon is better than I thought. Even if you you use it on non-Exceed monsters it ability to remove monsters that battle it makes a decent defense if nothing else. Kaito was a good duelist. I am looking forward to the rematch. Next week looks like a homage to DM. Dark/Black Magician, Blue Eyes White Dragon/Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon, and Dark/Black Magician Girl statues. To bad no statues of Yugi, Kaiba, and Jounouchi/Joey though.
    I was surprise to see those statues to. Episode was good.

RaizenYusuke

[12]Jul 13, 2011

The sub is out: http://www.animecrazy.net/yugioh-zexal-episode-14/252407

Edit: Zexal is getting ready to host its first tournament, World Duel Carnival. I assume the rematch between Yuma and Kaito will happen then. We might even see Shark and Yuma's friend duel to. I really like Kaito. He's pretty ruthless, but not evil. His robot is a transformer so that's a plus. He seems like the person the first story arc will revolve around Yuma and Astral defeating him kind of like Jack was for Yusei.

Edited on 07/13/2011 6:16pm

neoyamato_pi

[13]Jul 13, 2011

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Edit: Zexal is getting ready to host its first tournament, World Duel Carnival. I assume the rematch between Yuma and Kaito will happen then. We might even see Shark and Yuma's friend duel to. I really like Kaito. He's pretty ruthless, but not evil. His robot is a transformer so that's a plus. He seems like the person the first story arc will revolve around Yuma and Astral defeating him kind of like Jack was for Yusei.

Exactly, Kaito is awesome and undoubtedly my favorite character. He has that ruthless edge, like King!Jack, while still having some morals/integrity/not totally evil. His duel crushed Yuuma worse than when he lost to Shark, and he technically didn't even lose (hmm, where have we seen this before ). Though having the match get canceled seemed to be the only way for this duel to end with instilling fear in Yuuma while keeping him and Astral alive and kickin' (sorta) for the plot. First tournament in ZeXal, looks like it's standard. And next week's episode looks very fun. I miss seeing those monsters every duel.

EDIT: Oh and upon hearing some of the commercials for the new starter deck, I really don't get why they don't just call Exceed monsters "Exceed." The English pronunciation of "Xyz" sounds exactly the same as "Exceed."

Edited on 07/13/2011 8:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RaizenYusuke

[14]Jul 15, 2011
    I saw that to which angers me that they used the Xyz spelling. Yuma seems to be getting better gradually. All the tactics he used against Kaito weren't really basic mistakes he is known to make. It would be cool to see other Numbers get used.

neoyamato_pi

[15]Jul 15, 2011

Yeah, Astral even pointed that out. I wonder how the next episode will affect his dueling skills, as I presume these next couple episodes are his training episodes. If he figures out to use his other Numbers, I think he'd have a much better chance at facing some of his opponents, Kaito in particular. Hope and Revise's effects aren't the best for countering Galaxy Eyes.

AnimePhantomX

[16]Jul 19, 2011
    • level: 10
    I saw Episode 15. It was pretty nice. Seeing the stone statues of monsters from the original Yu-Gi-Oh and GX was amazing and nostalgic.

jussicpark

[17]Jul 19, 2011
    AnimePhantomX wrote:
    I saw Episode 15. It was pretty nice. Seeing the stone statues of monsters from the original Yu-Gi-Oh and GX was amazing and nostalgic.
    That was so cool. Little disappointed that no monsters from 5D, must be to early to bring 5D. That or the old man didn't like sychno monsters. Episode was intense, the sword guy slice one of the old man statues. Anybody kow what monster was that, I didn't know but it looked like Neos wearing a knight costume.

Kwando7

[18]Jul 20, 2011

sorta disapointed about the statue cards, was hoping for a better effect then a swarming earthbound effect.Plus why are they fairy types?

RaizenYusuke

[19]Jul 20, 2011

The sub is out: http://www.animecrazy.net/yugioh-zexal-episode-15/

I liked the episode, but mostly because nostalgia for seeing legendary monsters: Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Blue Eyes, Neos, Flame Wing Man, and Red Eyes. The episode was a homage to DM and GX. I suppose 5Ds just ended they weren't turned into Wooden Statues or Synchro monsters are hated in ZeXal in which case Z-One kind of won lol. Assuming ZeXal is in the same dimension as DM, GX, and 5Ds anyway.

It was average episode. The duel was strange one. Wooden Statues get turned to flesh or hologram. Brought me back to the old DM days. They even had the Dark Magicians fighting their rivals the Blue Eyes dragons. I would have liked another homage though. I wanted some mention of the statue monsters being legendary because they belonged to great duelists in history or even a little joke kind of like the old man saying Dark Magician and Blue Eyes have been bitter rivals for years due to their original owners battles. I do like how Zexal builds up on the story for episodes and has duel the towards the end. It is a pain in the ass sometimes when they are made two episodes duels, but it shows they are trying to build their story through plot and put duels in second. This good as in we getting more story, but bad since it seems like one episode is story driven the next is duel driven. It draws things out. I do like the change though.

Next week looks like Yuma will pull a Raphel and try to save his monsters from death. I wonder how that will effect his style? I didn't Hope in the preview so I am wondering if that means Yuma will win using something else.

neoyamato_pi

[20]Jul 21, 2011

I liked seeing all the old monsters from DM and GX. It was even Blue Eyes vs Dark Magician again. Wished it lasted little longer or some history. Other than that, it was an alright episode. Yuuma and Astral are both scared out of their minds after their duel with Kaito. Hopefully the set up for these episodes keep going for a while, they're rather enjoyable. Like in the old days of...DM and GX. Based off the preview, I'm guessing Yuuma gets a new monster and uses that to win the duel. Maybe it's another Exceed that isn't a Numbers card. And I wonder how the Duel Lodge's secret deck will come in. Maybe it'll be Yuuma's upgrade or something.